1. AFKing in BGs punishable?!

Intentional AFKing in BGs should be revarded with a temporary ban, some people just join BGs, run to a corner and stay there the whole game talking **** to others, such players should be punished, not only for creating a disadvantage to the team but also for being a bad community member, for me personaly, this is almost as bad as botting.

2. Now that you said botting, I wonder until when the Horde is going to ignore those 2-3 hunter bots that are in every AV :D

On topic:
    Yes, some punishment for AFKers would be nice, but how would you prove that one is AFK?
    Can immediately get countered with simple "I am here for strategic reasons" since there are no official rules about what one must do in BGs :P

3. AFK report doesnt work on Lordaeron?

4. If i remember correct, there was a "report afk" feature on Blizzard realms, which would kick a player if reported afk and then being afk for a certain amount of time.

Not sure if this is not working on Lordaeron?

5. Yes, you could get banned on official servers for botting / staying afk and avoiding getting kicked. I've met plenty of people believing it's fine to go afk when they're losing BG. One genious even told me that in previous server administration encouraged people to go afk when they're losing so BGs end faster, then he proceeded to afk cause "there's no rule I have to fight"...
    I hope warmane will get rid of people with that mentality. We all want to have fun in BGs, and people joining and going afk for any reason should be dealt with.
    Few days ban is a good way to deal with that.

Also, there's a good difference between people sitting on top of AV tower and protecting it, and people sitting @stables in AB in prowl with 0 damage done, while alliance is losing it every few minutes.
    Edited: December 31, 2015

6. Afking in Battlegrounds is bannable, here is how you do it:

-Make screenshot of the Afk player
    -Send private message on forum or in game to any admin
    -Feel good because you trying to improve our Realm that we play

Here is how i did it:
    Player name:
    Time/date of the incident: 2015.06.15
    Proof (Screenshot)(unedited):
    Realm:Ragnaros
    Explanation: Avoiding AFK in battlegrounds for 3 days back

Admin resonde:
    Hello 4rontside,

thanks for your report. The player will be investigated. :)
    Please report AFK players with two separate screenshots of the scoreboard with a least 5 minutes in between them.
    Regards, (admin name)

Simple and easy way to ban these flithy afkers for 1-7 days.

7. Yes, you could get banned on official servers for botting / staying afk and avoiding getting kicked. I've met plenty of people believing it's fine to go afk when they're losing BG. One genious even told me that in previous server administration encouraged people to go afk when they're losing so BGs end faster, then he proceeded to afk cause "there's no rule I have to fight"...
    I hope warmane will get rid of people with that mentality. We all want to have fun in BGs, and people joining and going afk for any reason should be dealt with.
    Few days ban is a good way to deal with that.

Also, there's a good difference between people sitting on top of AV tower and protecting it, and people sitting @stables in AB in prowl with 0 damage done, while alliance is losing it every few minutes.
    Well if you are getting rolfstomped in BGs, graveyard camped, then you should not respawn at all. Why would you feed opposite fraction, better stay dead and let them finish BG sooner.
    DMG done doesnt matter, sometimes I am the one sitting in prowl while defending flag and opposite fraction just doesnt bother to come here, I can do 0 dmg but it is smarted to defend flag.

8. ANd btw BLizzard never banned for being AFK, those players were using botting software, so technically Warmane should also ban AFK people only if they are using batting software. The rest players who went AFK but are not using botting software should be reported by in-game mechanic.

9. . I've met plenty of people believing it's fine to go afk when they're losing BG.
    There are so many scrubs with that logic...

Should be bannable longer than botting cause ruins other players gameplay

10. Well if you are getting rolfstomped in BGs, graveyard camped, then you should not respawn at all.
    Played at least 200 BGs by now, wasn't graveyard camped even once. Also have seen so many comebacks from 0-2 to 3-2 in wsg that I can't count. There's a reason why they added achievements like "overcome 500 resources disadvantage" you know. Usually losers leave, other people join and you have a chance of winning. Going afk punishes everyone else cause they're fighting at a serious disadvantage. You joined BG? OK. You are dying a lot? That's fine, no one will blame you for it, but don't go AFK and ruin other people's fun, just LEAVE so people sitting in queue (people who actually wanna PLAY not afk) can join.

DMG done doesnt matter, sometimes I am the one sitting in prowl while defending flag and opposite fraction just doesnt bother to come here, I can do 0 dmg but it is smarted to defend flag.
    Read again what I wrote, I mentioned damage in case where flag you're defending gets taken and people are fighting at it all the time, while you sit in prowl.

You sound exactly like the guy who was raging at me with insults, when I nicely asked his friend to play instead of sitting AFK. Is that you mr shaman?

ANd btw BLizzard never banned for being AFK, those players were using botting software, so technically Warmane should also ban AFK people only if they are using batting software. The rest players who went AFK but are not using botting software should be reported by in-game mechanic.
    Yeah nice try, but google exists you know. Stop lying. People were getting banned for 3 hours when catched for the first time and their account was flagged, so they were watched in next BGs and if they decided to go AFK again, punishment increased to days.
    Here, something for you:

In our continued efforts to support fair gameplay in World of Warcraft and to provide a positive experience for players, we are currently taking steps to ensure fair and enjoyable competition in the Battlegrounds. Starting immediately, we will be issuing warnings and penalties, including suspensions and the removal of Honor points and recently acquired Honor rewards, for non-participation in Battleground games.

We are taking action against thousands of accounts immediately, and will continue to monitor these situations and regularly take action against violators. If you encounter a player in a Battleground who is intentionally not participating in the battle for an extended period of time, please help us track the situation and report the player as AFK. For information on how to complete an in-game AFK report, please go here: (WoW -> PvP -> Battlegrounds -> General Info). All reports will be thoroughly investigated, and corrective action will only be taken if the violation is confirmed.

Thank you for your support and best of luck to you in all of your games in the Battlegrounds!

PS. You can edit your post, not post twice in a row.

Also, let me quote that part again

warnings and penalties, including suspensions and the removal of Honor points and recently acquired Honor rewards

I guess we should add that part, don't you think?
    removal of Honor points and recently acquired Honor rewards
    Edited: December 31, 2015

11. Now they just need to do something about all those players queuing up, then not entering. 9 out of 10 low lvl BGs we're playing 3v5 or 4v5. And it's always mission on the alliance side

12. Played at least 200 BGs by now, wasn't graveyard camped even once. Also have seen so many comebacks from 0-2 to 3-2 in wsg that I can't count. There's a reason why they added achievements like "overcome 500 resources disadvantage" you know. Usually losers leave, other people join and you have a chance of winning. Going afk punishes everyone else cause they're fighting at a serious disadvantage. You joined BG? OK. You are dying a lot? That's fine, no one will blame you for it, but don't go AFK and ruin other people's fun, just LEAVE so people sitting in queue (people who actually wanna PLAY not afk) can join.
    there's nothing wrong with wanting to get a losing bg done and over with. any bg i play if we're losing and its past the halfway point i simple sit somewhere and wait for it to end. not wasting time and effort on a lost cause.

13. there's nothing wrong with wanting to get a losing bg done and over with. any bg i play if we're losing and its past the halfway point i simple sit somewhere and wait for it to end. not wasting time and effort on a lost cause.
    That is true, but giving up after getting wiped once on the start of a BG is wrong, and such people deserve to be punished.

14. Then what about fishing in BG's?

15. I hate people afk from the start using automousecliker to not get kicked off...I dont mind so much people going afk after trying to win for a long time and failing to do so

12 Last