1. Progression as Fire.

Hello fellow mages! I'm about to hit the level cap on my toon and I'm planning on progressing the current content as Fire. I'm well aware that Fire is inferior to the Arcane school in almost every way at the current Tier but I just can't stand the spec because of it's low mobility and next to none AoE capabilities. TTW Fire is not an option at this iLvL because it requires a lot of Crit and a whopping 17% hit rating to be effective which is hardly obtainable through Naxx gear while sustaining a decent Crit% in order to be effective. FFB Fire, on the other hand, doesn't require as much gear as TTW but it's really mana-hungry because it loses Arcane Concentration in order to get required frost talents. Therefore, I designed a spec that resembles the Deep Fire spec from TBC in terms of gameplay while getting useful things and stats from the other two trees.
    Here's the build: http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/m...00000000000000
    I would really appreciate some insight from people that have already progressed through WotLK as Fire, opinions on the spec I provided, opinions on the alternative skill build and/or variations of TTW/FFB for lower gear levels. Cheers.

2. If mobility is a concern for you, spec into Arcane Barrage. It's a talent that many Arcane mages forgo in max-DPS builds, because in an ideal world it's not something you use at all, but for 1 point it's a solid investment if you feel you're being set back significantly by movement. It also procs Arcane Missiles so you have no reason to complain, really. With that talent, Arcane mages are the most mobile of all mage specs in PVE.

Your AoE is lower than a FFB mage's but the difference shouldn't be big enough to be a deal-breaker. FFB Mages have much stronger Blizzard crits, but crit chance in general is really low at this gear level. I'm also curious as to how Arcane Potency interacts with Blizzard on Lordaeron currently.

3. I completely agree with your post, however, I believe you missed the main topic of this thread which is progression raiding as a Fire Mage. As i stated before, I'm well aware of the supremacy of the Arcane school in the current tier but I'm more interested in Fire school because of the unique things it brings to the raid in the form of Dragon's Breath and Blast Wave + the gameplay is more enjoyable (to me, at least) opposed to mashing 2 buttons most of the time and avoiding boss mechanics.