1. Rolling pally, few questions

So leveling as a pally i wanted to go with holy or prot. Was wondering if i was specced in either one of those trees but was wearing ret dps gear how effective leveling would be when in outdoor pvp leveling zones? I really dont want to spec ret ive never been a fan of it

Edit: For Lordaeron wotlk

2. So leveling as a pally i wanted to go with holy or prot. Was wondering if i was specced in either one of those trees but was wearing ret dps gear how effective leveling would be when in outdoor pvp leveling zones? I really dont want to spec ret ive never been a fan of it

Edit: For Lordaeron wotlk
    Leveling as holy is masochism. Doesnt matter what gear you have. You will be killing each mob for about an hour.

Prot does quite well in leveling, even in occasional pvp. (tanks have high base dmg on abilities -> they hurt more when leveling) Ret is faster when killing single mobs. Prot can group them up and aoe + is more durable.

3. Obviously holy is a healing spec, so it will be quite slow to level, on the other way prot is pretty cool for leveling, ya know you are a tank :D
    Ret as you say its not the best to level up, not until level 50 or so.