1. When we allow skip-queue with donation, we get accused of forcing people to donate. Now we stretched the cap as much as we could, and now the complaints turned to be multiboxers, afkers and people from other ethnicities. So hard to please everybody, oh my. We have some plans for the future, but we can't announce that for now. The reason being we all know when we give estimated dates and they aren't fulfilled in time, right? Right? :P

The only hint I can give is that we will see how the community will react to our proposal, because it will involve a lot of people. I'm going to close the two other threads about the same subject and link them here.
    Excuse me?
    Edited: January 4, 2016

2. A Polish server with 3k people recently closed, so you can guess where that topic lead to...

3. ... Just saying... Few years ago when ques were like now (Molten Neltharion WotLK it was---to Cata) Back then my only reason to be donator, was to skip long long que. So atm "DC'd and welcome to que position 1273" kinda pisses me off. But i can see it's fair if it's the same for all players.
    Anyways +1 vote for Donor status skipping :D

4. Would be really disappointing if they went on to flip-flop on the no skipping queues thing.

In these times when every slot on the server feels precious and queues are extremely long I think it's worth considering that multiboxing is a bit of a dick move. You take up to 5 slots for yourself, and imagine if there are 10 people out of 10,000 (it's plausible) who do that, they already take the space of 50 single players. Now that's some very basic math to be considered, maybe to make an exception to their current rule which allows it for the time being.

5. Put something in place to kick people off the character select screen, this will probably alleviate the problem by a small degree. Even im guilty of doing this unknowingly. left my comp at char select screen without really thinking come back 6 hours later and was surprised to be able to just press enter and start playing. This isn't a hard work around to discover and im sure it is being exploited liberally.

After that id imagine you will still have hefty queues though. Only logical solutions are increasing cap or another server. As most of us with a brain have seen current server stability even at 10k is questionable. If theres anyway to increase stability and increase the cap it seems like the easiest solution. If that isn't an option your left with making a new server.

Dont think another server will really work either though, I mean its not like the queues are going up to 5k or anything. People with characters on lordaeron probably wont start over again and newer players wont want to play on a newer low population realm. You could make a new server and offer free transfers to it from lordaeron, but you would have to give incentives for a good number of people to actually transfer id imagine. Seems like a lot of work.

Overall for now make character select screen afk kicker work and go from there.

Oh and as for the OP; giving donors priority would increase the problem even more for non donors. The queue time is already problematic for all of us and now you want to exacerbate the problem even more for a good chunk of the player base. Ive donated myself and even im not in favor of that because it deters new players even more.

6. any moderators around with some news? wtb mods xD

7. If stability permits increasing the population cap would seemingly make more sense than opening another realm which would cause population bleeding, complaining, etc. Even with working cross-realm whatever the things taking place on the realm itself will suffer (LFG, AH, PvP players complaining that they aren't as many players to gank, etc.).

As far as raids go I probably wouldn't dare try one during peak times, the risk of DC'ing and getting put into queue is quite high. Scheduling can be made around peak times, especially Guild raids.

As far as donators being able to skip queues on Lordaeron that is a selfish suggestion, as it currently stands everyone pretty much has the same opportunity to or not to face queues. Not to mention donors who did so once and or years back when there were more perks available. A donation only goes so far so a person having donated years back has pretty much already had their donation utilized and has little to no ground to try and piggy-back off of it since server/staff costs are recurring.

Peak time lasts for a few hours then it's no queue the rest of the time so it probably wouldn't be as beneficial to increase the cap (sacrificing stability?) just for a few hours a day due to peak time (peak time "slightly" lasting longer on the weekend?).

8. If stability permits increasing the population cap would seemingly make more sense than opening another realm which would cause population bleeding, complaining, etc.
    There might be a solution for the population bleeding.
    Open a second lordaeron realm with x6 rates, RDF enabled and a less restricted marketplace.
    Once the latest content is released merge the new realm with deathwing and ragnaros.
    In the end we could have a hardcore x1 realm with around 10k population and a x6 realm with 10k population.

9. There might be a solution for the population bleeding.
    Open a second lordaeron realm with x6 rates, RDF enabled and a less restricted marketplace.
    Once the latest content is released merge the new realm with deathwing and ragnaros.
    In the end we could have a hardcore x1 realm with around 10k population and a x6 realm with 10k population.
    how about no

10. How about thinking in the long term?
    Deathwing and Ragnaros are losing population while lordaeron is overpopulated.

11. Since Staff is a big fan of closing topics, Ill paste here what I wrote:

I've ONLY seen topics (and lots) asking to raise the cap. And I think by myself, have these people lost their minds??!
    I mean come on, isn't freaking 10k absurdly crazy shiet already? Idk, seems like they have no clue how hard is too manage a server with 10k. Tons of disconnects and delay which makes game experience a complete mess. And honestly, ask yourselves, how many times has the cap been raised? First, it was... what, 4k? (don't even remember already), then 4500, then 5000 then 5500, then 6000 blablabla, and guess what, we still have queues, and HIGHER queues, hurray! (?)

I know that no one can magically reduces queues or population, but I can see two small problems here

1. Multiboxers! Yeah, I know, booooo, booooo, yeah, you guys break my heart! It is not, however, my biggest bia, but how about maybe implement some restriction, allowing 3 chars max per player, would help already saving 100-150 spots, maybe? Idk, how many boxers are on entire Lordaeraon, whatever...

2. My biggest issue, and honestly, pissing me of
    How many players afk'ing whole time and move char a bit in each 25m to avoid dc?? Cute isn't it?
    Or funnier question, How many players afk'ing for HOURS on char list? Cute isn't it?
    Allow AFK online max for 10m, and char list for 5m (ye either you log in or exit game, mister!) = Max allowed time AFK in total 15 minutes. 15 minutes is already more than enough to go here and there, if you plan to AFK more, give time for other players who are waiting waiting waiting and waiting a chance to actually play, even for 5/10 freaking minutes. Is this too much to ask??

"Increase cap!!" Yeah, do that and we'll see the topics about lags and dc's around oke?)

Regards and happy new year

12. How about thinking in the long term?
    Deathwing and Ragnaros are losing population while lordaeron is overpopulated.
    merging hardcore x1 server with x6 rdf-daddybuymeshadowmourne-crappyeconomy server is kinda not that good idea...I'm for merging ragnaros and deathwing into 1 realm,and for beggining kicking afkers and multiboxers from lordaeron..let's see what will happened then...

13. merging hardcore x1 server with x6 rdf-daddybuymeshadowmourne-crappyeconomy server is kinda not that good idea...I'm for merging ragnaros and deathwing into 1 realm,and for beggining kicking afkers and multiboxers from lordaeron..let's see what will happened then...
    Did u even read what i said?
    I never said that the lordaeron x1 realm should be merged.

14. merging hardcore x1 server with x6 rdf-daddybuymeshadowmourne-crappyeconomy server is kinda not that good idea...I'm for merging ragnaros and deathwing into 1 realm,and for beggining kicking afkers and multiboxers from lordaeron..let's see what will happened then...
    the realm lags anyway with 10k pop and the ONLY viable option to satisfy EVERYONE here is another realm. there's a ton of people who aren't logging lordaeron anymore due to queue, my friends and i are only some of them, while some other people on frostwolf decided it's a waste of time to sit for hours in queue and when you login, you play with a lag - what i'm trying to say is that even more players want to play 1x than there currently are. all other options are extremely temporary and/or ineffective in multiple ways (for example AFK kicks and cap increases).

15. Did u even read what i said?
    I never said that the lordaeron x1 realm should be merged.
    oh...still bad idea tho,because all what you wrote there is opposite of hardcore so people will not left lordaeron x1 realm...there are tons of ideas tho,but since devs are kinda silent about this topic,is wasting time writing about it...

First ... 45678 ... Last