1. The new Ragnaros after moltdown and its progress

As a molten player, like everyone else here, the automatic choice of realm after the moltdown is either go back to your old realm and go back through time, pain, tears, and friendship to wasting your life on this game full of memories once again or to start somewhere brand new, maybe finally picking a new expansion this time and waste one's life on new pain, tears, and frustrations...(not QQing, I'm here "wasting" my life too, its just some self reflection)

So somehow I ended up in Ragnoros from Neltharion, killing the icy lich instead of the fiery dragon. Partly because there are more people in WOTLK, partly because Wrath is suppose to be more developed, partly because this is where it all started 4/5 years ago, partly because I don't want to remember the long nights of quitting wow and leaving my guild ... It's like loosing family, I still miss the good old times on Cata with my old toon and guildies.

I don't play often since I already quit, but I'm on here enough to want a great experience, which molten(now warmane) has offered for a long time. Lately I realized that Lorderon is being separately developed from other WOTLK realms. I am just wondering if Loderon is more developed than other realms or are the old realms more developed? Or is all Wrath realms on the same level? Lorderon has been updated just today while the others were half a year ago, when will the realms be developed together again? Changing rates on a realm should be as easy as going into auth. WTF files and changing several values(unless Lorderon isn't on "3.3.5" yet which makes sense) why are they developed separately? Also, will realm change ever be available to Lorderon if its developed better than others? (I know it mess up the fairness and all, but everyone want the best experience, right?)

This post is partially made to find sympathy with gamers that found or is finding new directions to go, and to also enhance my personal "part time" game experience. Please do not bring any rage/dark sarcasm/cold heartiness into this post.

Thanks,
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

DarkPluto

2. ragnaros is slowly decreasing in population due to the fact realm transfers from DW to rag is disabled.

Ragnaros and their guilds have always been pretty cancerous hence i moved to Deathwing, they are more tolerant and established

If you are starting fresh and don't mind grinding, go for Lordaeron if not go for Deathwing if you want to raid asap @ 80.

3. all the fixes currently being applied to lord will be transferred to the other realms in time. all you can do it wait.

4. ragnaros is slowly decreasing in population due to the fact realm transfers from DW to rag is disabled.
    thats not why it has a lower pop these days

Ragnaros and their guilds have always been pretty cancerous hence i moved to Deathwing, they are more tolerant and established
    lol what? solace, dignity and diffraction all dead. aurora TFK and whatever equinox calls themselves these days are well established longer lasting guilds.having played both realms raiding with many top guilds on both i can honestly say its the same talent wise.

I am just wondering if Loderon is more developed than other realms or are the old realms more developed? Or is all Wrath realms on the same level? Lorderon has been updated just today while the others were half a year ago, when will the realms be developed together again?
    we will all get the core update lord has as some point in time (details on when depend on who you talk to)

at which point the following will happen:

in b4 massive rage and hate

lord will die off and its population will return back to what it was pre moltdown AFTER LK has been downed and RF achieved along with RS down and on farm as well as rag and dw getting updated. it wont be an instant over night transition but it will happen. why? because people prefer higher rates and less bugs. its a proven fact. it happened pre moltdown and it will happen again. history shows that players prefer higher rates so they can enjoy the end game content since every xpack will be in end game mode why wouldent they go higher rates to level faster and get to enjoy the game faster? so why would the majority of players who come here new go to lord unless they really want the 1x exp journey? which they did not premoltdown. rag and dw dwarfed lords population then. again this is AFTER all realms have the same core. please keep that in mind.

dont give me the junk about people went to rag to collect gold and gear and xfer lord. did it happen? sure. did it happen so much that it really effected the realm? hell no. people love to use that excuse. when you have realms that have been online for years and players who have been around for years it is really easy to amass huge amounts of gold and gear. they existed on every realm.

personally im playing the waiting game. my guild is still here along with all my friends thus why i stayed here. plus i did 1x all those years in retail and i prefer not to this time around. in fact i wish rag was still 20x. (i know ill get flak for that statement) some of us just dont have the time or want to level like retail. we have jobs, kids, family, other commitments and just want to hurry up and get the end of the expansion to enjoy it.

either way rag dw and lord will all be on the same core soon enough. lord just has so much attention atm.

5. Solace isn't dead. They re-branded as Encore and are still alive and kicking. You also neglected to make any mention of some of the newly emerging (or re-emerging, in some cases) guilds on Deathwing.

Lordaeron won't die either. Its population will vastly diminish compared to what it is right now because as you said, most people in the private server scene want faster rates to hurry up and get to the end-game, but the realm will still be alive and well. Lordaeron has built itself a massive playerbase (almost 12 000 either playing it or waiting to play it at peak hours), and several of those have already established friendships and communities on the server. The server has a sizable pool of players to whom it is home, and replacing Deathwing's core with Lordaeron's won't change that. Consider that even pre-moltdown, there were some extremely successful raiding communities on old Lordaeron that stood strong through the test of time, and the number of players at old Lordaeron's release then doesn't come close to comparing to what it is now.

6. you are right it wont die i should have said the player base will drop though. significantly.

idk about guilds reforming or what they are called these days on DW i quit playing there when dignity died.

lord populations wont fall off immediately like i said. but give it time. i promise 6 months after LK goes down you are going to start seeing a noticeable change. pre moltdown there were hardly what i would call successful raiding communities there (raided with over which did not stand the test of time as they left for another p server) just very aggressive arrogant players no offense to lord players bc not all of them are like this but there is a definite arrogance (pre moltdown and now) about it being better than dw rag. it might be now with less bugs for sure but that will soon be fixed (i hope) im sure ill get shot for this as well but that community there seems a lot more arrogant (not all but some) yes its a 1x server. so its better because they level slower? other than that its the same.

either way, im talking more future here than current. new players arriving down the road i believe who are informed on the difference of the realms will push the rag dw population higher and drop lords. its happened before. no reason to think it wont happen again.

7. ive played on both aswell, the amount of guilds that are farming Lod&rs25hc are much higher on DW than rag, id say close 2x the amount of guilds.

and rag population is lower mostly because of transfers, Rag was higher 6months ago on average, now its lower, like much lower. I've known tons of people who transfered from Rag to deathwing and anyone who has raided in high end guilds would agree that the amount of guilds doing lod/rs25hc is much higher on deathwing than rag.
    Edited: January 5, 2016

8. ... anyone who has raided in high end guilds would agree that the amount of guilds doing lod/rs25hc is much higher on deathwing than rag.
    Yep, and as you so adequately put it the biggest reason is the cancer guilds on rag.

9. Yep, and as you so adequately put it the biggest reason is the cancer guilds on rag.
    honestly i see the same cancer on both realms. just because there are more guilds farming LoD coincides with more players. i doubt its 2x as many as vermin stated since a lot of guilds dont use the forums or even have recruitment threads but do LoD.

10. I have a theory about it.

I started on old lord and after moltdown went to deathwing. I didn't go back to lord. I took a long time to get to level 80. But I learned many things while leveling slowly. I had lots of fun taking time and figuring out the game on my own. Just think back to when you were a nab with no knowledge xD.

I didn't go back to lord because x1 isn't what I need anymore. I know hell of alot more than before. I think that because of how the xp was before gave the identity the server still has. Ragnaros had x20, easy leveling less time to learn or to do what you normally did on lower xp to get yourself ready for end game. Deathwing, almost a middle ground. lord more elitist true but better quality I think because it forced you to somewhat progress than rushing through content.

The idea is somewhat there in lord but the problem is people are there for the core rather than actually progressing or a reason to do old content they couldn't find a reason to before. You see many qq about rdf and such but don't realize how ironic it is when the point is not quite getting to the end asap but progressing. This is all just my opinion and many can will and probably do call me a scrub xD.

Back to topic (last paragraph ), ragnaros had higher xp thus more...noobish i guess people came to rush leveling and may not have learned to play a very well with toons. Lord was abit more elitist due to feeling like you earned it and gearing was more progressive personally so you could tackle the next content without having to be carried as much.

Tldr: more xp server = less time to learn and gearing thus lower quality nabs
    Lower xp= more time to progress and learn but more elitist due to saltiness

Ps flame if you want I just wanted my two cents out there :)

11. I agree with Funky, Lord playerbase will go down. If you raid/gear 1 char for 6-7 months you will want a change, and making a new character on x1 server isnt easy and its time consuming. Doing it once is ok, and probably fun (ive never done it myself), but doing it multiple times... Thats for the most hardcore players. Some people (i would even dare say majority) will eventually make alts on DW/Rag and log onto Lordaeron from time to time.

12. I agree with Funky, Lord playerbase will go down. If you raid/gear 1 char for 6-7 months you will want a change, and making a new character on x1 server isnt easy and its time consuming. Doing it once is ok, and probably fun (ive never done it myself), but doing it multiple times... Thats for the most hardcore players. Some people (i would even dare say majority) will eventually make alts on DW/Rag and log onto Lordaeron from time to time.
    i did it almost 4 times in retail (pally was at 78) but that was retail. before i knew about p servers. its not even the multiple times just lord is all shiney new with a new core so a lot of people want to test it out or they want to believe it is actual true progression (you cant be true progressive in naxx with end game 3.3.5 talents...JS) so its got the attention which im fine with. give it time is all. i do hope they raise either dw or rag to a higher rate server though. kinda pointless to have 2 sitting at 7x or whatever we are these days. give one at 10x or something.

Tldr: more xp server = less time to learn and gearing thus lower quality nabs
    Lower xp= more time to progress and learn but more elitist due to saltiness
    back then anyone and everyone did and could donate for anything. its not like it dint happen on any realm so u cant really say longer process on lord. a lot of people insta leveled there to avoid that grind. gear dropped the same as it does here on rag. there is no faster gearing here. you could make money faster (like that mattered when primos going for 25k a pop) but gear on bosses dropped the same as it did on lord. just because the xp rate was higher dint mean loot drops where higher or better.

13. I actually agree with you. I guess I can't relate to it. I only donated once and that was after moltdown so I've grounded for everything or got from free stuff after moltdown. Makes me feel better about myself though. :)

I want realms to be more diverse so we can have a more separate identity. You gotta admit that ragnaros was pretty trollish then. That isn't to say it was a bad thing but it was more casual imo. With both realms now same rate there is not as much reason to establish yourself on just one like before especially since people really did enjoy the high xp. With lord being the test core server basically, it draws people from all the places including nabs who might've benefited from starting in a different server that suited what they may actually want rather than the server that's most completed and most attention.

I'm more optimistic about things so I agree, once ports happen and other servers finally get attention there will be pop increases across many servers. However still alot of work promised and need be done. Just to list a few: 5.4.8 patch (Jesus patch), at core on pvp servers, raids on other xpac, wintergrasp, fixes on...everything to sum it up. It's still a long wait game but we gotta just keep trying to get messages out to staff that aren't half baked ideas and hope they want the same thing.