1. it would be nice if someone create military horde guild on frostwolf :D
    Not many guilds but the roleplayers are active on horde side there. I use the chat channels to find em

2. Lordaeron server member here, we have one RP guild and several RPers outside of it. I think to drum up new support we could use an intelligent, unbias, mature player to make and or start an Adventurers Guild.

3. Lordaeron server member here, we have one RP guild and several RPers outside of it. I think to drum up new support we could use an intelligent, unbias, mature player to make and or start an Adventurers Guild.
    If that's the way u intend to go, u should post the hours and days rp will take place and do as the peeps on frostwolf seem to be doing: they have weekly level caps so they all stay in the same level range and can assumably run instances together. Makes questing together an adventure too-

Personally though, I like the transmog option mop offers...

4. Unfortunately something like that is not ideal in Lordaeron because leveling in Lordaeron is much much slower than Frostwolf due to the fact that Pre-cata levelling itself is much more intense plus the fact that Frostwolf has 7x xp rate than normal. You can spend a whole day in one toon and only goes one-three levels above and as level increases it will be much more tedious

Assuming we're going with the method the recent Horde RPer group used, we'd be in level 80 within the next year or so

5. Lordaeron server member here, we have one RP guild and several RPers outside of it. I think to drum up new support we could use an intelligent, unbias, mature player to make and or start an Adventurers Guild.
    That is what the collectors was basically and more yet few actually made more then a verbal commitment and then tried to get everyone onboard for their own style of RP they enjoy. Everyone wants to do their own thing. \

Roleplay is like a collection of board games or wines. Everyone has their preferences. If others insist on certain brands or games and you don't enjoy them, it wont be long until you stop participate in playing / imbibing. As well as this is a social community, a dysfunctional one at that IMO, everyone has to 'fit in' for everyone to enjoy themselves. As difficult as the personalities online tend to be, it is a pipedream to believe everyone will get on the same page.

Do what you enjoy with people who you enjoy interacting with. That is the important thing. Trying to force others to play a certain style of rp or interact with others they do not enjoy interacting with never works out. It's conflict waiting to boil over ruining everyones fun.

So. Find people who enjoy your style of RP and interacting with you. Form a guild. Be a responsible leader that caters to your guildmates trying to make sure everyone has fun and shares the spotlight. Usually things work out that way and are rewarding.

6. If that's the way u intend to go, u should post the hours and days rp will take place and do as the peeps on frostwolf seem to be doing: they have weekly level caps so they all stay in the same level range and can assumably run instances together. Makes questing together an adventure too-

Personally though, I like the transmog option mop offers...
    If you're role playing in general a level difference and grinding shouldn't be something you focus on anyway, leave that to the power gamers and the MVP MLG types who want to stick around on the high gain low reward servers.

Speaking of running instances together though I do agree and find it a bit difficult to find people willing to do that on Lordaeron; most players are too stubborn or scared to try new things (mostly healing with healer specs), and a lot of the role players are scared away by the massive amount of trolls that exist on the server. That said though at least if nothing else my guild does promote and actively push people to attempt trying new things out (playing races they'd normally never play, playing classes and specs that they'd never normally play, and playing in zones that often are avoided because of the Goldshire rush).

Also I don't really think it's wise or necessary to force people to role play around certain hours or restraints of time-based things. People should never be handed "events" or anything; the world is your oyster, role play in it. There are upwards of fourteen thousand players on Lordaeron so there is no reason that role players can't actively role play anywhere, any time, with anyone, even if the people they're role playing with aren't role players themselves. You never know who you might get hooked on the idea of RPing with you once they see how fun it is to stay and be in character. Hell it's how I got most of the guys and gals in my guild!

Anyway let the grinders stay to the x7+ servers I say.

7. If you're role playing in general a level difference and grinding shouldn't be something you focus on anyway, leave that to the power gamers and the MVP MLG types who want to stick around on the high gain low reward servers.

Speaking of running instances together though I do agree and find it a bit difficult to find people willing to do that on Lordaeron; most players are too stubborn or scared to try new things (mostly healing with healer specs), and a lot of the role players are scared away by the massive amount of trolls that exist on the server. That said though at least if nothing else my guild does promote and actively push people to attempt trying new things out (playing races they'd normally never play, playing classes and specs that they'd never normally play, and playing in zones that often are avoided because of the Goldshire rush).

Also I don't really think it's wise or necessary to force people to role play around certain hours or restraints of time-based things. People should never be handed "events" or anything; the world is your oyster, role play in it. There are upwards of fourteen thousand players on Lordaeron so there is no reason that role players can't actively role play anywhere, any time, with anyone, even if the people they're role playing with aren't role players themselves. You never know who you might get hooked on the idea of RPing with you once they see how fun it is to stay and be in character. Hell it's how I got most of the guys and gals in my guild!

OHHHHH----kay..... Lets get everyone together and not criticize and yet your entire post here reeks of bias and frustration. 1x, folk are FORCED to grind. Waving your banner in front of everyones nose 'lets get everyone together under my ideas and playstyle because I do it right and everyone else does it wrong refusing to rp under other conditions other then my own, right? 7x folk are grinders? That makes no sense, they level up with a minimal of effort, get their transmog gear and are free to spend their time RP'ing or whatever they wish to do. Good sir, I find you reek of hypocrisy. Clearly you are a very biased individual insinuating other folk are 'doing it wrong'. My friend, I very much doubt your RP would meet my ideal standards and yet, despite our differences you would be welcome in my guild as long as you make a good effort to get along with everyone and keep your biased opinions to a minimum. Insinuating others are roleplaying wrong and/or playing on the wrong server is biased and narrowminded in the extreme. You are certainly not the person you believe yourself to be. my good man. I mean really, play lordy, or you aren't doing it right and are not a real rp'er? You really need to self evaluate as your arguments are shallow in the extreme.

8. Personally though, I like the transmog option mop offers...
    I definitely agree. However, WotLK may become a capable option at some point in the future, via transmog support on the website. Optional on a player-to-player basis, of course. Perhaps at that point I may consider roleplaying again, given I have the time.

Lordaeron server member here, we have one RP guild and several RPers outside of it. I think to drum up new support we could use an intelligent, unbias, mature player to make and or start an Adventurers Guild.
    Even if the guild you'd like to be made supported many stories and paths, there would still be roleplayers not interested in joining. You cannot force everyone that roleplays to join a guild. There are people who like to commit to their own method of playing the game and roleplaying which cannot be defined by any guild, and usually take up the preference of not joining such a guild. Sometimes, it's best that these individuals stay outside of the guild(s) in question, also. That doesn't mean you can't interact with them, though. In the majority of cases, I'd expect it to be the most drama-free and sometimes interesting way of interacting with other roleplayers -- they aren't defined by a guild or specific groups, so even OOC you don't know what to expect from them or their characters.

I can speak from experience on this matter, also. I've personally been a guild master of a number of roleplaying guilds. Several of which were very popular and prominent on Molten (this server, pre-Warmane). Those guilds I led, I was always willing to participate in roleplay with players outside of it, involve myself (or even the guild as a whole) in their events, and sometimes even invited those players to join in on my own guild's events and fun. It's all very much possible so long as you're willing to approach it with an open mind.
    This is a very close-minded and biased way to approach the community. If you maintained an open mind and were more accepting of people who have different preferences from your own, you'd find that there are plenty more opportunities to be had that you're currently missing out on.

9. I definitely agree. However, WotLK may become a capable option at some point in the future, via transmog support on the website. Optional on a player-to-player basis, of course. Perhaps at that point I may consider roleplaying again, given I have the time.

Even if the guild you'd like to be made supported many stories and paths, there would still be roleplayers not interested in joining. You cannot force everyone that roleplays to join a guild. There are people who like to commit to their own method of playing the game and roleplaying which cannot be defined by any guild, and usually take up the preference of not joining such a guild. Sometimes, it's best that these individuals stay outside of the guild(s) in question, also. That doesn't mean you can't interact with them, though. In the majority of cases, I'd expect it to be the most drama-free and sometimes interesting way of interacting with other roleplayers -- they aren't defined by a guild or specific groups, so even OOC you don't know what to expect from them or their characters.

I can speak from experience on this matter, also. I've personally been a guild master of a number of roleplaying guilds. Several of which were very popular and prominent on Molten (this server, pre-Warmane). Those guilds I led, I was always willing to participate in roleplay with players outside of it, involve myself (or even the guild as a whole) in their events, and sometimes even invited those players to join in on my own guild's events and fun. It's all very much possible so long as you're willing to approach it with an open mind.

This is a very close-minded and biased way to approach the community. If you maintained an open mind and were more accepting of people who have different preferences from your own, you'd find that there are plenty more opportunities to be had that you're currently missing out on.
    Much love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Oe5YKhzCE

I'm so old i just don't get the recent generation of rp'ers. From one who has been around the block since 2000....^^^ >.<. It's rather redundant at this point, just do what you find involving and enjoyable and stop trying to 'force' others to enjoy your particular brand of RP. Enjoy the free time you have! Anyone trying to shove their particular brand of RP down others throats will always have a problem with me and mine, IJS.

-SS
    Edited: February 28, 2016

10. RPing with Snow doesn't feel like I'm being forced on any style. Joining his RP guild, however, is a different story as it revolves around Holy Light and all things righteous.

I mean Snow's Paladin and my DKs are on different guild and we used to RP all the time. We're only connected through the RP-OOC channel. Although sadly there are some trolls who join solely to ruin it.

The only 'forcing' I see is his distaste in Shadow Priest healer and how he's trying to get attention on anyone by RPing everywhere he goes (almost?)

11. RPing with Snow doesn't feel like I'm being forced on any style. Joining his RP guild, however, is a different story as it revolves around Holy Light and all things righteous.

I mean Snow's Paladin and my DKs are on different guild and we used to RP all the time. We're only connected through the RP-OOC channel. Although sadly there are some trolls who join solely to ruin it.

The only 'forcing' I see is his distaste in Shadow Priest healer and how he's trying to get attention on anyone by RPing everywhere he goes (almost?)
    My point is, everyone should do what is fun for them. Anyone who tells them otherwise, what server they 'should' be playing on, and how they 'should' level up their character, or how they 'should' rp....Is unacceptable, waaay out of line. Beating a dead horse, do what you want with your freetime. If your desires and prefeerneces do not match mine, so be it. To each their own. Everyone have fun and ignore anyone who tries to tell you how to RP or more or less how to spend your freetime. Don't fall victim to playing under someone elses banner, do what you find fun.
    Edited: February 28, 2016

12. I definitely agree. However, WotLK may become a capable option at some point in the future, via transmog support on the website. Optional on a player-to-player basis, of course. Perhaps at that point I may consider roleplaying again, given I have the time.

I would respond properly but you're trying to turn this into a pissing contest about who knows more about what, and that isn't the spirit of the conversation.

Can we get back on topic please?

Nothing is being forced, people can do what they want, Bodkin (who doesn't post here likely because of people like you and Sera whom I ignored thank god) simply had the idea that like minded individuals would enjoy a guild dedicated to the concept of what you'd consider an organized Adventurers Guild with no bias and no judging involved.

The Templars of Ironforge are totally different, no one is forced to join, and it's all about in character role playing concepts and ideals.

If you don't want to join something hit the "no" button or don't show up to events, don't join stuff, you can do what you want and you can keep so quiet that you only role play with one other person. People do what they want, role playing happens the way it happens, the only reason anything was suggested was to bring the community together in ways it isn't brought together currently. Many have asked to join my personal RP guild and they can't because of their race or class, so a unified guild would be useful for role players who want it.

Opt in or opt out, that's your choice.
    Edited: February 28, 2016 Reason: Frustration at stupid people.

13. I would respond properly but you're trying to turn this into a pissing contest about who knows more about what, and that isn't the spirit of the conversation.

Can we get back on topic please?

Nothing is being forced, people can do what they want, Bodkin (who doesn't post here likely because of people like you and Sera whom I ignored thank god) simply had the idea that like minded individuals would enjoy a guild dedicated to the concept of what you'd consider an organized Adventurers Guild with no bias and no judging involved.

The Templars of Ironforge are totally different, no one is forced to join, and it's all about in character role playing concepts and ideals.

If you don't want to join something hit the "no" button or don't show up to events, don't join stuff, you can do what you want and you can keep so quiet that you only role play with one other person. People do what they want, role playing happens the way it happens, the only reason anything was suggested was to bring the community together in ways it isn't brought together currently. Many have asked to join my personal RP guild and they can't because of their race or class, so a unified guild would be useful for role players who want it.

Opt in or opt out, that's your choice.

Edited: 1 Hour Ago Reason: Frustration at stupid people.
    Despite another moderator having taken appropriate action against this post, I'm un-deleting it because I've decided I'd like to respond to it. I'm responding to it because I want to set a few things straight. First of all, I have no idea how you interpreted my post as hostile. I was attempting to give you advice and explaining to you that I have experience in this area (believe me or don't, I don't really care). It would seem that you're either interpreting my attempt to explain that to you as me trying to say I'm superior to you (in a roleplay sense, I may or may not be, but it doesn't matter -- you can listen to what I have to say, or choose not to), or you are just straight-up hostile to anyone who has an opinion that differs from your own.

Secondly, who are you to dictate what the topic is or is not? The OP was made by a community member who is recruiting members for their guild. People commented on it, including yourself. I commented on what you've said, and it is still on a discussion of how to run a guild. So, not only is it on-topic, but the only two people posting in this thread that has any right to dictate what is or is not off-topic is the OP and myself (forum moderator).

Lastly, I don't like having to assert my dominance in what is supposed to be a casual discussion, but if you can't refrain from being hostile and insulting others (which you did directly to me 3 times in this post, and in other posts/threads that you created after this was moderated, which got you banned) then I'm afraid I'm going to have to revoke your posting privileges for doing so. Keep it civil or face the consequences. The forum rules can be found here; they are fairly specific, and they pertain to this forum section just as much as any other part of the forum.

First 12