1. Solution to the realm issues/lag

I will start this topic by saying anyone who thinks they can keep increasing the cap is literally out if their mind. There are limitations to what you can do with hardware and we're seeing what happens when you reach the far spectrum of the limitations.

To those of you who say Warmane cannot afford to get better hardware, you again are out of your mind. Warmane is the most profitable Private Server out there.

Now onto the main topic.

It has become clear to me as I've watched queue numbers rise and fall that there's a pattern to them. At max, there seems to be 12-12.5k people playing on or attempting to access lord at peak time. Maintaining the current cap has shown to be problematic as it's also brought in lag and instability. From what I've read the staff plans to continue raising the cap until they can accommodate all 12.5k players (and many more) at one time. This has gotten many people, including myself, nervous about the current state of the server.

While Warmane is very ambitious in their Lordaeron project, they must come to terms with the limitations of their hardware and server. While it may be fun to have 12k players on at once, it isn't fun to have significant delay. Now, I believe Warmane knows this, there's no way they could be ignorant to the lag and delay issues that have been plaguing the server since it's grown in popularity. As such they've tried to minimize as much delay as they can while raising the cap. However I believe there's a better solution.

The way I see it, Warmane has three options.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Option 1.

Merge or announce free transfers to either Rag/Deathwing following the closure of one of the two realms. Merging can be an issue but with the current population sizes of each server they'd fair much better if they were combined.

Reduce the Cap to Lordaeron to 7k and open a sister realm with the same cap. Free transfers will be an issue for this. I'm torn on if they should be offered. Not something I can really give much opinion on. Allow the expansion to jump right to Wrath.

How will this help?:

Merging of the realms will help cut down on server costs along. They will populate the other servers making them an option for new players rather than seeing three low population realms and one behemoth of a server.

Reducing the cap would help with server stablity and help reduce the lag.

Opening the sister server will help get rid of population being amassed onto one server. This may be a bad thing at first but given time it will show that the reduced strain on a sole server will have reduced if not resolved a large amount of stability issues.

Possibly making the sister server a PVE server would help as well. Though that's up for discussion of course.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
    Option 2.

Reduce the cap to 8k and implement a short afk timer. After an hour of being afk, you are kicked from the server (not sent to character screen)

Merge or announce free transfers to either Rag/Deathwing following the closure of one of the two realms. Merging can be an issue but with the current population sizes of each server they'd fair much better if they were combined.

How will this help?:

Reducing the AFK timer will help in culling the afk players from holding slots in the server. It's become a very prevalent issue. The queue will get larger but people won't be able to AFK as easily.

Option 3.

Continue with the current plans of increasing the cap but implement a incredibly short afk timer. After 30 minutes of being afk you are sent to your character screen. After 10 minutes of being afk in your character screen you are kicked.

How will this help?:

With a larger cap a queues will be less of a issue meaning that more players will be able to afk without worry of being put back into the queue. Frequent kicks will keep the server afloat and rid itself of idle players.
    Edited: January 8, 2016

2. They need to Deal with this Delay, it should be their TOP Priority!

3. This morning (live on the opposite of the world so evening server) I logged my Account A in and saw i was 1231 in queue with a 3 hour wait time.
    So I walked away from the computer for an hour then came back and decided to log my Account B into the queue. Account B got straight in even though my Account A was still 872 in queue.
    I thought perhaps that Account A was not refreshing so I closed it down and rebooted it and it put me back to 1082 in Queue.

Can someone explain how the hell the Queue System works, because it seems pretty darn flawed to me if that kind of stuff is happening.

Not impressed at all.

4. Our team is constantly working on optimizing the realm's performance, but as you can imagine it takes time. Please be patient, thank you for your suggestions but we are already looking into many similar options. Also as said before, we will look into the time it takes for players to get booted off the server whilst in character selection screen and adjust it.

5. So after six or eight months or a year of waiting with no updates you think the players once they get the new core are just going to combine the x7 servers to open another x1server up? I can't wait to read the forums once they try to implement that should be very entertaining.

6. Our team is constantly working on optimizing the realm's performance, but as you can imagine it takes time. Please be patient, thank you for your suggestions but we are already looking into many similar options. Also as said before, we will look into the time it takes for players to get booted off the server whilst in character selection screen and adjust it.
    Nice to hear! Keep it up! I just want to point out that a "tru blizzclone" would be nice if you ever start a new wotlk realm or if you merge rag/deathwing or if you reopen one of them. Cheers!

7. what do you think about not merging DW and Ragnaros? I still expect quite a huge inflow of new, old rag/dw AND current lordaeron players. we will see when the core gets launched.

8. what do you think about not merging DW and Ragnaros? I still expect quite a huge inflow of new, old rag/dw AND current lordaeron players. we will see when the core gets launched.
    Core implementation-soon.