1. What framerate do you get in Dalaran?

I get about 20-30fps =(

2. I get about 20-30fps =(
    What are your settings?
    Are you playing on fullscreen or windowed?
    If you're playing on windowed mode, switch to fullscreen as it can really affect the performance.
    I'm getting around 40-50ish on ultra during the most active hours of Dalaran.

3. Im getting 40-45 on ultra with an amd fx 6100 and a hd 6850 gpu, ill report back next week when i get my new build up wit an i5 4690k and a r9 380x gpu. Cheers

4. I get 45-50 for some reason despite having an i7 4770k and SLI 770 GTX 4gb. Either my install is messed up or the game is just very unoptimized. I can get a constant 60 fps on games like final fantasy 14 with a 100 people around casting spells and the highest graphics settings.

My best guess is direct X 9 compared to dirext X 11. Newer versions of WoW probably run a lot better.

5. I get 45-50 for some reason despite having an i7 4770k and SLI 770 GTX 4gb. Either my install is messed up or the game is just very unoptimized. I can get a constant 60 fps on games like final fantasy 14 with a 100 people around casting spells and the highest graphics settings.

My best guess is direct X 9 compared to dirext X 11. Newer versions of WoW probably run a lot better.
    I've wanted to get myself another XFX 6950 for crossfire and I found out that WoW < 4.0.3. works better with single GPUs, rather than dual in many occassions.

That's the case with crossfire 100%, tho I'm not so sure about SLI.

6. The game isn't very demanding. I can't imagine why it is so difficult to achieve constant 60 fps in dense areas. Even with just 1 high end gpu instead of SLI I still have the same issue.

Perhaps it is a network issue and the game is waiting to update until it gets server feedback on player locations. I have a good connection, but everyone else might not and the more people there are the more bad connections there will be.

7. Simple, game is old and not optimised.
    Uses only one thread/cpu thus no matter how good your graphic card is it'll get bottlenecked.

Same goes for me, I run Skyrim on Ultra with TrueVision ENB and 60 other texture etc mods on 60 fps while WotLK strugles in AV/Dalaran.
    Note that MoP doesn't have that problem, since it's way better optimised.. since it's a lot newer!

Now that Ghosts are spamming dalaran, I get 20-30 fps there, lol!

8. The game isn't very demanding. I can't imagine why it is so difficult to achieve constant 60 fps in dense areas. Even with just 1 high end gpu instead of SLI I still have the same issue.

Perhaps it is a network issue and the game is waiting to update until it gets server feedback on player locations. I have a good connection, but everyone else might not and the more people there are the more bad connections there will be.
    Optimization.

My PC can run GTA5 better than GTA4. If you ever played CoD2 or CoD4 you'd maybe notice that those games run better on older "then-high-end" GPUs than state of the art ones.

9. It's not the game release itself but the server core that lags you more than it should, specially at Dalaran or raids like ICC (Marrowgar/Sindy usually).

10. I've wanted to get myself another XFX 6950 for crossfire and I found out that WoW < 4.0.3. works better with single GPUs, rather than dual in many occassions.

That's the case with crossfire 100%, tho I'm not so sure about SLI.
    The game uses more CPU power then GPU to load the textures,from experience i had they prefer intels single core power over amd's even in wod on retail,my brother with his i3 gets similar and sometimes even better frames then me and i run a 6 core amd in this build,the gpu usually doesnt rly matter here cuz any low-mid tier card will run it just fine :)

11. 30fps with r9 280x on ultra windowed mode and like 100 addons :P

12. 60 fps on laptop, 90-110 on desktop for me with LUI and loads of add-ons and windowed on Ultra.

It's all down to your PC but 30 fps is decent, I used to have to play like that, you'll get used to it just hang in there.

13. 60 fps on laptop, 90-110 on desktop for me with LUI and loads of add-ons and windowed on Ultra.

It's all down to your PC but 30 fps is decent, I used to have to play like that, you'll get used to it just hang in there.
    Bull****. We already discussed how it has little to do with PC specs due to almost anything being able to run WoW.

Or can you explain why your underpowered laptop can achieve better frame rates than my desktop with 10 times the hardware performance?

14. Bull****. We already discussed how it has little to do with PC specs due to almost anything being able to run WoW.

Or can you explain why your underpowered laptop can achieve better frame rates than my desktop with 10 times the hardware performance?
    I don't know, my laptop is on minimum graphics, sorry forgot to add that.

15. You guys are sad if you have 20 - 30 fps?! Like seriously, imagine having 5fps in Dalaran, and making it to KL and flying towards Icc takes like 5 minutes, then welcome to my poor life :D. But still it's way more hardcore to play like that, imagine Ot-king LoD with 2-3 fps (which I usually get), that's the real hardcore here!

Btw my comp specs are: 1gb ram, 128 (some brand, idk) graphic card, and a 2 core 3.0gz proccesor. I'm playing always on "fair" seetings. Now don't qq about 20-30 fps! Cheers :D

12 Last