1. Eye of Eternity

Any ETA on when are they gonna fix this raid or do we just let few guild abuse bugged encounter that was missing major part, get realm first and then make it unavaible for rest.( from 10m viewpoint)

My problems are these BUGGS:
    Engulf in Flame bugs out a lot,
    1. u cant use it at all even if u have cmb points on boss and u keep mashing button.
    2. locks icon as being used(yellow borden around icon), doesn´t use spell and doesnt take energy, u have to watch for this major bug the most.

Revivify:
    1. Doesn´t generate combo points on target/boss
    2. (Stupidity warning) deletes all your combo points from target when u use this ability that´s supposed to generate combo points.

I am too fed up to deal with this trashy bug report that´s marking me for wrong symbols, if any1 speaks molten please write it there.

2. Pretty nice how Clarity get realm first without Berserk, after almost 14 minutes long fight. Then u add berserk timer for 9 minutes. Pretty funny, ppl from cookies get flamed couse of ,,support" now they moved into Clarity.

Sure i am gonna get some restriction for ,,drama" or idk how u call true here. I only hope, before that, someone will rethink his attitude to other guilds. I am ok with naxx 10, boosted as ****. I am ok with naxx 25, still boosted as ****. Both is doable. But leaving boss without Berserk only for few ,,favored" players, when then even change spells to comsume combo points instead of providing combo points... its pretty sad...

3. Plenty guilds have defeated Malygos, who is next to bug-free. Only issue I'm aware of right now is that the energy cost of drake abilities in phase 3 are higher than the tooltips state.

4. Any ETA on when are they gonna fix this raid or do we just let few guild abuse bugged encounter that was missing major part, get realm first and then make it unavaible for rest.( from 10m viewpoint)

My problems are these BUGGS:
    Engulf in Flame bugs out a lot,
    1. u cant use it at all even if u have cmb points on boss and u keep mashing button.
    2. locks icon as being used(yellow borden around icon), doesn´t use spell and doesnt take energy, u have to watch for this major bug the most.

Revivify:
    1. Doesn´t generate combo points on target/boss
    2. (Stupidity warning) deletes all your combo points from target when u use this ability that´s supposed to generate combo points.

I am too fed up to deal with this trashy bug report that´s marking me for wrong symbols, if any1 speaks molten please write it there.
    Abilities cost a bit more energy than they should (tooltip says 50, its 60 etc). We did it yday with these bugs, combopoints work fine, you can see them on target with several UI addons like ElvUI. 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps, if no1 fails you dont get berserk :P
    Edited: January 9, 2016

5. How can you make such statements when you are 110% clueless of what you're talking about. The abilities works like projectiles, they have travel time. If you spam your buttons you're doing it wrong. Now, hold your horses, get a cup of coffee, a chocolate cookie, sit down, get into The Eye of Eternity and chill. The encounter is very easy if you just do phase 3 meanwhile pressing buttons SLOWLY, and with slow I mean _****ing_ SLOW. If you just have all your people alive you will make the enrage timer.
    Pro tip in the future; first get your facts straight and THEN you can talk all you want.

Best regards,
    Neverholy, GM of Clarity

6. I am glad u reacted Neverholy, can u please confirm your RF fight time for Malygos ? Thanks a lot...
    Teach us please about how u avoided berserk timer :)

All i want to know, how can be ,,privileged" party allowed to fight without Berserk ?

7. You mentioning bugs that do exist but it is quite clear you haven't sat down and chilled the fuk out as Neverholy mentioned here. There is nothing hard about this encounter and it is absolutely doable. You can easily have 4 minutes left on enrage timer when you start phase 3, giving you more than enough time to kill him even if someone failed keeping the debuff on while shielding.

I quote Neverholy a bit here, chill the fu** down and smoke couple hits and try again. Oh and.. use your brain pls :)

Worst regards
    Dreamare, GM of Perkele

Edit: <Perkele> downed EoE in 10 man with 4 minutes left on timer entering p3. Your argument is invalid, l2p

8. Oh please dont quote me some bug abuser that´s supposed to be banned for what he did.
    Are u telling me that spell 3 (Revivify) stacks hidden combo points that are unknown to rest, because u can´t use 2 when u are stacking 3.
    Also plenty of guilds,2 seem legit and RF was done trough exploiting.
    Alas to ability cost is total bull****, seems like u weren´t even there, they cost the same, u can see it from energy u lose when u use them, makes me very happy to play here with these clever people who raid in way that would never fly on retail.

9. How can you make such statements when you are 110% clueless of what you're talking about. The abilities works like projectiles, they have travel time. If you spam your buttons you're doing it wrong. Now, hold your horses, get a cup of coffee, a chocolate cookie, sit down, get into The Eye of Eternity and chill. The encounter is very easy if you just do phase 3 meanwhile pressing buttons SLOWLY, and with slow I mean _****ing_ SLOW. If you just have all your people alive you will make the enrage timer.
    Pro tip in the future; first get your facts straight and THEN you can talk all you want.

Best regards,
    Neverholy, GM of Clarity
    Oh btw, can you explain your RF without enrage timer?

10. I am ok with 4 minutes for Phase 3. I am not ok with ,,cheatershield" when u getting constantly kicked back just becouse u move. I am not ok with bugged 2. spell, when sometimes u cant cant use it (and yeah its projectile, but i guess its not reaching its target for 2 minutes)
    And my main problem was already mentioned.

i can chill, i can do whatever u want. Its still not changing problem where some ppl has Berserk timer, and some of them not.... Or maybe i am missing smth, how to get privileged

11. Oh please dont quote me some bug abuser that´s supposed to be banned for what he did.
    Are u telling me that spell 3 (Revivify) stacks hidden combo points that are unknown to rest, because u can´t use 2 when u are stacking 3.
    Also plenty of guilds,2 seem legit and RF was done trough exploiting.
    Alas to ability cost is total bull****, seems like u weren´t even there, they cost the same, u can see it from energy u lose when u use them, makes me very happy to play here with these clever people who raid in way that would never fly on retail.
    I dont usually jump in like this, but they do work. What are you talking about. You really are clueless of the mechanic?

12. I dont usually jump in like this, but they do work. What are you talking about. You really are clueless of the mechanic?
    Go there and try it today, you are totally clueless to what u saying.

13. Go there and try it today, you are totally clueless to what u saying.
    I... I don't know what has gotten into me but here:
    Spoiler: Show

WoWWiki on saatavilla myös suomeksi. Menehän katsomaan! WoWWiki Suomi
    WoWWiki
    On the Wiki
    Wiki Activity
    Random article
    Videos
    Photos
    Chat
    WoW info
    Community
    Help
    Contribute Watchlist Random article Recent changes
    Malygos (tactics)

103,766PAGES ON
    THIS WIKI Edit Talk9
    This article is about the in-game raid boss. For character biography, see Malygos.
    BossMob 32Malygos
    MalygosTEoE
    Gender Male
    Race Blue wyrm (Dragonkin)
    Level ?? Boss
    Health 6,972,000 / 19,523,000
    Mana 212,900
    Reaction Alliance Horde
    Location The Eye of Eternity
    Status Killable
    See Icon-3D-48x48
    [Expand]
    The Eye of Eternity
    Malygos is the boss of the Eye of Eternity, the Onyxia-style raid instance in the Nexus. When players fight him, they will be assisted by Alexstrasza. With the assistance of the red dragonflight, players will be able to slay the Spell-Weaver, making him the first of the Dragon Aspects confirmed to die.

For raid statistics info, go to Guild progression (WotLK).

Contents[show]
    Attacks and AbilitiesEdit
    Malygos has roughly 6,972,000 health in normal difficulty, and 19,523,000 health in heroic difficulty.

Summoning Malygos requires one member of the raid to have either [Key to the Focusing Iris] (10-man) or [Heroic Key to the Focusing Iris] (25-man, though it can also be used for 10-man). Both keys drop off Sapphiron in Naxxramas (10 and 25-man respectively). Keys not used anymore.

Phase 1Edit
    Malygos does a frontal physical attack and a frontal cleave. His attack speed is slow, but it does a lot of damage. Unlike other dragon bosses, he does not have a tail swipe.

Arcane Explosion: Deals 6,000 to 8,500 arcane damage to everyone in the raid in normal and 10,000 - 12,000 in heroic, some players claim that this ability also stuns you for 5 seconds.
    Arcane Breath: Deals 18,850 to 21,150 normal, 28,275 to 31,725 heroic, Arcane damage in a 40-yard cone in front of Malygos. It leaves a debuff which, after 5 seconds, causes the person to explode and deal 9,425 to 10,575 normal, 18,850 to 21,150 heroic, Arcane damage to nearby friends.
    Arcane Storm: Fires arcane missiles into the air, which strike a random number of targets for 9,425 to 10,575 Arcane damage. Malygos will turn to the primary target of this ability when he uses it.
    Vortex: Malygos takes off from the ground and spins up a whirling vortex of Arcane energy, tossing the raid around and dealing 2,000 Arcane damage every second for 10 seconds. When Vortex ends, everyone will be dropped around the center of the platform and take up to 10% of their maximum health in falling damage.
    Power Sparks: At regular intervals throughout the encounter, a portal will appear in the empty space away from the platform, between two of the pillars, and spawn a Power Spark. This Power Spark will slowly move towards Malygos and give him a temporary buff upon reaching him which increases all damage done by 50%, unless killed first. When players kill a Power Spark, it will leave a temporary patch of electricity on the ground which will buff players, increasing damage dealt by 50%. This buff will stack. During Vortex, Power Sparks stop moving; however, once you begin to fall from Vortex, they start moving again. Power Sparks can be Death Gripped, snared, rooted, stunned, incapacitated, and so on.
    Enrage: Malygos has a 10-minute enrage timer, at which point his damage is increased by 1000%. This timer carries over across all phases, therefore the entire encounter must be completed within 10 minutes.
    Detonate: Malygos will target the player with the largest amount of mana of the entire raid, then he will cast DETONATE, It burns 9,500 to 10,000 mana and deals up to 2 arcane damage per mana point, Malygos can target up to 3 targets in heroic, also, this ability completely restores all of Malygos´s mana and heals him up to 300,000 hp, used each 2 minutes during phase 1 and 2.
    Phase 2Edit
    Malygos will take to the sky and stops using all of his previous abilities at 50% health. Any Power Sparks that reach him after phase 2 begins will have no effect.

Arcane Storm: Fires arcane missiles into the air, which strike a random number of targets for 9,425 to 10,575 Arcane damage.
    Deep Breath: Deals 5,000 Arcane damage per second to the whole raid for 5 seconds. Cast at regular intervals. A warning, 'Malygos takes a deep breath,' is given before Malygos uses this. This ability does not effect anyone flying on a disc.
    Power Overload: Purple anti-magic zones will periodically appear on the platform, reducing all magic damage taken while standing inside by 50%. These zones will shrink as they absorb more and more damage, forcing you to move to a newer one. They will knock back players nearby when they spawn.
    Nexus LordEdit
    Nexus Lords will spawn at the beginning of phase 2. They stand upon floating discs and descend to the ground. They must be tanked normally and will drop their discs on the ground when they die, allowing melee classes to fly up and engage the Scions of Eternity.

Arcane Shock: Deals 9425 to 10575 normal, 14,138 to 15,862 heroic, Arcane damage.
    Haste: Increases movement, casting, and attack speed by 100% for 15 seconds. Can be dispelled.
    Scion of EternityEdit
    Scions of Eternity will spawn at the beginning of phase 2. They fly upon floating discs, which puts them out of the melee range of anyone on the platform. They have no aggro table and will periodically cast Arcane Barrage on random targets. When one dies, it will drop its disc to the ground, allowing melee classes to fly up and engage them.

Arcane Barrage: Deals 14,138 to 15,862 normal, 16,965 to 19,035 heroic, Arcane damage to a random target.
    Phase 3Edit
    Malygos will shatter the platform when all of the Scions of Eternity and Nexus Lords are dead, beginning phase 3. The raid will drop onto red dragons, which will be used to kill Malygos. Malygos stops using all previous abilities in this phase.

Arcane Pulse: Deals 28,275 to 31,725 Arcane damage to anyone within 30 yards of Malygos.
    Static Field: Creates a blue, electric-looking orb on a random target. This orb deals 9,425 to 10,575 Arcane damage per second to anyone within 30 yards of it.
    Surge of Power: Malygos will target a random person and give them a warning that Malygos is focusing on them. Malygos will then shoot a beam at his target, dealing 12,000 Arcane damage every half second for 3 seconds, as well as 5,000 Arcane damage per second to anyone near the primary target for 5 seconds.
    StrategiesEdit
    Icon-externalarticle-48x48 Source information needed!
    This article is lacking citations and/or sources.
    Please see WoWWiki:Citation for information on how to add citations.
    Phase OneEdit
    During Phase One, Malygos is tanked in the center of the room by one tank. Everyone else is beside or behind Malygos to avoid his cleave and cone attacks.

Power Sparks: designate a stack location for ranged DPS, and have a Death Knight pull the sparks to that spot. Once pulled, root them to keep them in place while you kill them.

A Death Grip macro to quickly target and grip Power Sparks:

#showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /clearfocus
    /tar Power Spark
    /stopmacro [target=target,noexists]
    /focus
    /cast [target=focus] Death Grip
    During Vortex, if Malygos has the buff from a Power Spark reaching him, it will be removed. Rogues may Shadowstep and Killing Spree out of the Vortex and continue DPS; Mages can Iceblock out of it as well. Lots of casters will most likely have under 20,000 health, so healers will want to use any instant casts they can on anyone under 20,000. Without a Paladin, only instant spells may be cast, though Hunters can cast Steady Shot but they will suffer from pushback. Paladins can use Concentration Aura together with Aura Mastery to allow casters in range of the aura to continue normal casting while in the air. This makes the first (and maybe third) Vortex extremely easy. Tell the raid to use healthstones and/or potions in Vortex two and you are set. When Vortex ends and you fall, Hunters can avoid fall damage by Disengaging from Malygos, Mages and Priests can Slow Fall and Levitate, and Warlocks can Demonic Portal if they placed one near the Vortex prior to getting sucked up.

Note: Once Malygos reaches 50%, he will slowly take off, however he remains targetable throughout, so burn him as best you can while he is taking off, and continue to hit him with instants once he's in the air.

Phase TwoEdit
    Phase Two begins at 50%.

Malygos himself is not targetable during this phase. It will end when the adds he spawns are all killed.

During this phase Malygos drops pink anti-magic zones onto the ground. The raid MUST stand inside of these; they reduce magical damage taken by 50%. They shrink over time, so it's important that your raid moves to each new one he drops.

During this phase there are two types of NPCs riding around on disks in the room: Nexus Lords and Scions of Eternity. The Lords will move down onto the group, and need to be tanked; they will one-shot a non-tank. The Scions will cast Arcane Blast on random targets (on disks or not), which is mitigated by the anti-magic zones.

As the NPCs die, they drop disks which players can mount. Melee should take disks to DPS Scions. While mounted on a disk, players do not take damage from Malygos.

HEROIC TARGET PRIORITY: In 25-man, tanks and melee who are not yet on a disk should focus fire the Lords, while ranged focus fire the Scions from the beginning of Phase Two. (Of course, melee who get a disk transition to Scions.) This method consistently ends phase two 30–45 seconds faster than starting the phase with all DPS on the Lords.

After all of the NPCs riding on the disks die, players on disks need to dismount as Phase 3 is about to begin.

Note: After all the Scions are dead, you will get a short burn period on Malygos before he breaks the floor. Use any DPS increase cooldowns that are available at this time, as you will not be able to use them once you mount your dragon. If executed well you can take an extra 5%-10% off his HP before you enter phase 3.

Phase ThreeEdit
    Malygos destroys the floor of the room, and the raid falls onto dragon mounts. Malygos will move into center of (destroyed) platform and then he does not chase dragons, he just turns to his current target.

The dragons use combo points and energy similar to a rogue. The combo points are used for special finishing moves. Many unit frame addons do not show these combo points, however simple counting in your head can suffice as the abilities are quite basic.

During this phase Malygos has 3 main abilities.

Arcane Pulse - A very dangerous AoE that will quickly kill anyone within 30 yards of the center of his hitbox. Due to the large size of the dragons and the 3-dimensional aspect of the encounter, this may be smaller than you think.
    Static Field - A randomly targeted AoE ability. He casts it in the area of a random drake, and it spans 30 yards in all directions. It does moderate damage over time, and will take a drake from 100% to dead in around 10 seconds if you do not move out of it. Move out of the fire.
    Surge of Power - 3 random(?) drakes are targeted. The players who control these drakes will have a large boss emote appear on their screen. Malygos begins casting a 3-second cast. Once this cast is complete, he deals a large amount of damage every 0.5 seconds for 5 seconds. This will just about kill anyone who does not successfully use the Flame Shield ability for at least part of those 5 seconds. (Note: the 10-man version of this ability is far less potent.)
    The dragons have 6 abilities:

Spell fire flare Flame Spike:
    Damaging fire attack causing 943-1057 fire damage and awarding 1 combo point at the cost of 10 energy.
    Spell fire burnout Engulf in Flames:
    Finishing move which launches a blast of flame igniting target for 1,500 fire damage every 3 seconds. The effect can stack and will last longer per combo point up to 22 seconds. Costs 50 energy.
    Spell nature regeneration 02 Revivify:
    A HoT that lasts for 10 seconds healing 500 per second and awarding 1 combo point at the cost of 10 energy. This can stack up to 5 times. Each drake has its own stack, so if two drakes are stacking this ability on a single drake, that drake will have two separate stacks.
    Spell nature abolishmagic Life Burst:
    Huge AoE healing finishing move which increases the casters healing done by 50% and lasts longer per combo point. Max combo points award a 15k heal to all friendly targets within 60 yards over 25 seconds. Costs 50 energy. You must be targeting someone and have combo points on them to use this ability!
    Spell fire sealoffire Flame Shield:
    Finishing move to protect your drake. Shield surrounds you reducing all damage taken by 80% and lasting up to 6 seconds for max combo points. Costs 25 energy with a 30-second cooldown. You must be targeting someone and have combo points on them to use this ability!
    Spell fire playingwithfire Blazing Speed:
    Increases your drake's flight speed by 500% for 8 seconds. Costs 0 energy with a 30-second cooldown.
    A common misconception is that there are offensive and defensive combo points, and that each of the finishers requires a different type. This is not true. The combo points are linked to your current target when you use an ability that generates points. For example, if you target Malygos and shoot 5 Flame Spikes, you will have 5 combo points on Malygos. This means you can use your Flame Shield ability while you have him targeted. If you change target to yourself, you will have no combo points on yourself and the shield will not fire. Similarly, if you target yourself (or another drake) and cast the heal on it, you can then Flame Shield so long as you have that target targeted.

However, if you have Malygos targeted and cast the heal, and you have "Auto Self Cast" enabled in your interface (most do by default), your heal (and your combo points) will go onto your own drake because Malygos is an invalid healing target.
    This will cause you to be unable to use Engulf, Life Burst, or Flame Shield, unless you are also casting Flame Spike. If you are Auto Self Casting Revivify on yourself, the game will determine that your target (either Malygos, or nothing) has zero combo points. Therefore, you won't be able to cast a Finishing Move.
    Healers can simply target Malygos and stack Flame Spike, target a random drake and stack Revivify, or possibly use F1 and stack Revivify; then use Life Burst at five stacks or Flame Shield in an emergency.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malygos_(tactics)

"The combo points are linked to your current target when you use an ability that generates points. For example, if you target Malygos and shoot 5 Flame Spikes, you will have 5 combo points on Malygos. This means you can use your Flame Shield ability while you have him targeted. If you change target to yourself, you will have no combo points on yourself and the shield will not fire"

14. Go there and try it today, you are totally clueless to what u saying.
    Maybe next time check some streams (for example; Clarity, Paradox, BIZZNO, Darksun, Perkele) before QQ;ing :)

15. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Malygos_(tactics)
    Please go kill urself, if u noticed this is exact point i am basing my opinions on, this server doesn´t follow this and u can´t either.
    If u bothered to use 30s to read what i wrote u wouldn´t have to appear so damn ***** here, please leave my topic u are not bringing anything to discussion and just trolling us.

12 Last