1. Warlock, Mage or Rogue?

I want to make an alt but cant decide what class to choose between warlock/mage/rogue. Never played any of them and my main is a resto druid pve / balanced pvp. I tried them in the instant 80 realm to look at skills/talents etc but wasnt able to make a decision. What you guys think? Im afraid to level one to max level and then get bored :P

2. Since all of them can only dps, it really doesn't matter. Go with whatever sounds more fun to you...

Want a pet ? Warlock
    Want to RDPS? Mage/Warlock
    Want to MPDS? Rogue

3. personally Id choose rogue. A) thats what i chose for an alt and its fun (imo), B) for a pvp server i dont see that many at all. I didnt even have a group with a rogue til outland dungeons. I see A TON more shamans, pallys and warriors C) Stealth, cuz stealth.

4. rogue 100%
    rogue is best alt class rly, u will get bored from mage or warlock unless u play some real high lvl pvp then it gets interesting
    but rogue is interesting from the start

5. but rogue is interesting from the start
    much interesting to skip 80% enemies (plates) just because 0 arp for sub spec

6. I play both: warlock and rogue. tried mage. and that's what I'll tell:

Leveling a rogue it's like bypassing all the trash you don't even need. Best solo leveling class. Also, it helped me a lot in such situations when I need to grab the quest item on both factions zone and some orc is almost grabbing it but sprint+sap -> grab the item->/lol at orc and run in stealth made me laugh so much. And it's the only situation I told you. Ppl say rogue has no AoE but it has in combat spec.

Leveling a warlock is fun when you actually KILL EVERY trash chilling drinking tea and following a pet to gather all the loot. Warlock isn't boring but it has more ganking chance than a rogue. Warlock is good vs same levels but 3 specs are very different and that's the reason it's fun.

As for me, mage is a real pain in the *** during leveling. Mage gets his advantages at 60 lvl or about that. probably I'm not so "skilled" for that class but on x1 I rly rly don't like it. Yes, it's good in pve and pvp but you need to go through these 80 lvls of ****ing hell

7. Rogue is the highest PVE DPS in 3.3.5 (2 specs in top 5)

Google and youll get some charts.

8. Rogue is the highest PVE DPS in 3.3.5 (2 specs in top 5)
    ^ And it doesn't even need to DPS in PvP to win. CC = arena win.

9. But stealth is broken atm so if you pick Rogue expect to rage a bit, especially at lower levels. (mobs aggro at you from huge distances)
    https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/12268

10. the best class for queue is rogue, its the same but u can be in stealth while waiting for play

11. Ty alot for all your replies. I researched a bit about rogue and i saw some people telling it was very good in PvP/PvE then i saw more people saying that rogue is only good if you master that class and that in high end gear he falls a bit when compared with other classes. I dont know if its true but my i really want to try it so i think i will take the risk.

12. Make a second acct. Play the rogue on it, use the druid to heal. GG.

13. Ty alot for all your replies. I researched a bit about rogue and i saw some people telling it was very good in PvP/PvE then i saw more people saying that rogue is only good if you master that class and that in high end gear he falls a bit when compared with other classes. I dont know if its true but my i really want to try it so i think i will take the risk.
    ok first of all since you played balance PVP better stay on caster.if you plan to do some PVP mage will be best option for you.most played classes on this server are paladin and warrior and mage is the biggest counter of this 2 you will have alot of fun time stealing wings :D
    as for rogue its true you must master is to be good on it of you will fail hard.also the main problem with mastering a rogue is you always need to make decisions " do i use my energy for dmg or for CC.when to CC when to run ".there is no rotation or scripted fight as rogue its all about decisions on spot,and thats why most of rogues suck hard.

WTF is this? first of all according to this diagram DK do not exist.......also best average dps is 8.1k?????if you do 8k dps in ICC you will most likely be replaced.
    Edited: January 10, 2016

14. Warlocks generally have more raid utility than those other two mentioned classes, as well as more viable specs available to play in raids with, and therefore also a broader range of playstyles - each with their own various strengths and weaknesses - that they can switch between depending on the needs of the raid. You can choose to play a spec that has terrific on-demand burst damage, or one that has arguably the most powerful execute phase damage of any spec in the game, or another that excels at maintaining huge multi-target damage via DoTs, or even specs that simply bring critical raid buffs or add-control capabilities.

From a long-term progression standpoint, Warlocks would also be an excellent choice as several of the hardest progression roadblocks in the game had mechanics that significantly favored having warlocks.

- Anub'arak 25hc was a notoriously difficult encounter for its extremely challenging < 35% phase. Specs like Affliction Warlocks and Demo Warlocks that had ridiculously powerful execute phase damage as well as potent clutch self-healing capabilities shone to their fullest there.

- LK P2 also significantly favored Warlocks because of the way Val'kyrs worked - if a Warlock was grabbed, you simply ignored his Val'kyr because he could just use his demonic portal to land safely back on the platform after being dropped by said Val'kyr. Each time a Val'kyr grabbed a Warlock, you'd gain a tonne of raid DPS on LK. On top of that, Affliction Warlocks brought very powerful DoTs that not only proved incredibly useful for killing 3 Val'kyrs at a time, but also continued ticking away on LK every time he ported you into Frostmourne Chamber on P3.

- Every Unchained Magic on Sindragosa 25hc could be mitigated significantly by Warlocks as they could just drain life/drain soul instead (affliction in particular got the most use out of those).

- Yogg 0's Lunatic Gaze in p3 would greatly reduce the DPS of almost every spec in the game - with the exception of Affliction Warlocks, because they could simply continue channeling powerful Drain Soul ticks while facing away from the boss to avoid the gaze. I believe the world first kill of Yogg 0 (thought to be "mathematically impossible" at the time) was achieved by stacking 6 or so Warlocks in the raid.
    Edited: January 10, 2016

12 Last