1. What about a monthly fee to play Lordaeron?

I would say about 2-3 euros/month to play. Atleast I would still be playing for sure. That's a pretty good cash flow and a stable one as well.

People don't like the concept of paying for gear. Regardless of tier or ItemLvL.
    And with the prices that is in the store right now I don't think alot of people will buy items. Which is good cus people buying gear is booring but I understand that you somehow need to make this server float by itself and not leech of what the other servers make.

Either a monthly fee or activate all the "Name change, Server change, Faction change, Guild Name change, ect ect ect, and take it from there. I don't think straight up buying gear is the solution to the problem.
    Yes Name change and all that is booring but it's still alot better then people buying items they don't deserve from bosses they've never even killed.
    And the Faction change won't screw up the server balance, it's 50-50 now (or very close atleast). Why would more Hordes then Alliance transfer? Blizzard enabled it? (Not saying this server is "Blizzlike" so no reason to even comment on that ;)

Make a poll and see what results you get from it and take it from there?

2. I would say about 2-3 euros/month to play. Atleast I would still be playing for sure. That's a pretty good cash flow and a stable one as well.

People don't like the concept of paying for gear. Regardless of tier or ItemLvL.
    And with the prices that is in the store right now I don't think alot of people will buy items. Which is good cus people buying gear is booring but I understand that you somehow need to make this server float by itself and not leech of what the other servers make.

Either a monthly fee or activate all the "Name change, Server change, Faction change, Guild Name change, ect ect ect, and take it from there. I don't think straight up buying gear is the solution to the problem.
    Yes Name change and all that is booring but it's still alot better then people buying items they don't deserve from bosses they've never even killed.
    And the Faction change won't screw up the server balance, it's 50-50 now (or very close atleast). Why would more Hordes then Alliance transfer? Blizzard enabled it? (Not saying this server is "Blizzlike" so no reason to even comment on that ;)

No. Our strategy is to keep it being free however we do want to encourage people to donate in exchange for some useful features (non-gamebreaking and following the Lordaeron concept).

3. It's a pretty well establish ecconic principle that if you take something that was once free, and make people pay for it there is always huge backlash and resentment.

Even if the increase is marginal.

Some examples are:
    Store Rewards Cards and extra sauce packets at fast food restaurants

4. Probably the worst decision they could make for a pure $$$ standpoint.

Do you even economics bro?

There is a lot of outrage about this, but once they fix the other WOTLK servers with the new core and give some very well deserved facelift to the other expansions, money should go in again.

5. Probably the worst decision they could make for a pure $$$ standpoint.

There is a lot of outrage about this, but once they fix the other WOTLK servers with the new core and give some very well deserved facelift to the other expansions, money should go in again.
    You ask me if I know economics and then you mention the other servers? It's economics 101 that you don't keep something running that don't support itself since you will make more money if you shut it down. Why would you keep a store open that don't break even so that the stores that do make a profit have to cut into that profit to keep the nonprofitable store running? "Do you even economics bro?"

They won't keep lordaeron running longterm if they don't find a way to pay for it's expenses...

6. Make a poll and see what results you get from it and take it from there?
    A child could tell you what the results of such a poll would be. Any unofficial game requesting a monthly fee is destined for failure. Even now we see the subscription model fading as it is a relic from the past when you had to pay by the hour to use servers when MUDs first came out.

7. You ask me if I know economics and then you mention the other servers? It's economics 101 that you don't keep something running that don't support itself since you will make more money if you shut it down. Why would you keep a store open that don't break even so that the stores that do make a profit have to cut into that profit to keep the nonprofitable store running? "Do you even economics bro?"

They won't keep lordaeron running longterm if they don't find a way to pay for it's expenses...
    I get that you're trying to find a solution for this problem, but a monthly fee is not possible. Not just because of the player backlash or whatever else.

As far as I understand, you're getting into some sketchy legal areas with that. That's why every server in existence operates with "donations".

8. Is that hard to think that only the owners (Blizzard) can get profit with THEIR GAME? Why do you think they call it "donations"?

9. I would say about 2-3 euros/month to play. Atleast I would still be playing for sure. That's a pretty good cash flow and a stable one as well.

If they ever would decide for monthly fee, they would be closed right away by blizzard with lawsuit like it happened few years ago to one private.

10. Probably the worst decision they could make for a pure $$$ standpoint.

Meanwhile Lordaeron keeps leeching donations from other realms..

11. There can't be a "monthly fee" due to legal reasons...Not saying if blizz wanted to try to shut this down they couldn't, but by doing the monthly sub you make it a crapton easier for them to take action, even though I would more than gladly do so...

12. Meanwhile Lordaeron keeps leeching donations from other realms..
    Yes it leeches donations but if they change that Lordaeron will be just the same as other WOTLK server ,so there would not be the point of playing it and it will lose the hardcore blizzlike status that is the reason most of ppl started playing on it ...

And adding a fee to play is just not common sense like lenthas explained the legal problem + Watrmane will lose the free to play status and that will make a lot of ppl rage about it ....witch is not the problem comparing t oa big player base that will leave Warmane after that mistake .... so the loss will be greater then the current income .... basic common sense ...not economics :P

13. no way, not all of us have credit card to do stuff like this + not all of us have access to a paysafe card, this would defenetly kill Warmane for good

14. If they could make more ways to pay then I'm up for it 2/3 euros is not very much.

15. I would say about 2-3 euros/month to play. Atleast I would still be playing for sure. That's a pretty good cash flow and a stable one as well.

Give this man a Shadowmourne!

123 Last