1. I will not pay a fee in a private server lol and more than 50% ppl will not also sorry its a good idea but no way! i leveled here (hard leveling) to play for free and dont pay to win this is the good thing of this server if they put something like a fee or a pay to win system its over.. it will be a scam...

maybe pay to transmog will be efective and dont break AH or game system i know some ppl dont like to see transmogs but who cares lol? what a cryers better this than a fee or a pay to win system.. I think is the way. Everybody wants too look cool yeah i know u wanted to do it only leting the people who like transmog see the transmogs but.. if a person pay for a transmog this person maybe prefer all people see his transmog.. u know what i mean?

Maybe this is "the lesser evil". this + maybe.. race changes + faction changes + character re-edit + mounts + tabards.. things that cost a lot of time and some people with a loot of money prefer to pay instead of farm

Srry my english hope staff consider my thinkings
    Edited: January 14, 2016

2. Did anyone here even consider the legal issues with actually demanding money to access the game (there is a difference between not forcing and forcing people to pay you money to grant you access to a server that isn't run nor condoned by blizzard)? Not to mention that once there would be a fee they would have to start paying taxes for the income as well (this is assuming that donations are tax exempt in whichever country warmane operate within).

Having a fee to play on this server is just bad in many many ways. It's much better to figure out a way to incentivize players to donate, something which the warmane crew has already figured out, which really makes this post kinda unnecessary.

3. i think a fee for refer a friend (x3 xp with a friend) would be a good choise, because many people dislike levling.
    or even selling heirlooms for coins.
    it cant be only cosmetics, because most people wont buy that

4. Stop asking for p2w on Lordaeron. Go somewhere else.

5. noone is asking for a p2w lordaeron..

6. noone is asking for a p2w lordaeron..
    XDDD +1 who said that?

7. XDDD +1 who said that?
    toniplavna implied it, look at the comment above mine ^^

8. If they ever would decide for monthly fee, they would be closed right away by blizzard with lawsuit like it happened few years ago to one private.
    They arent closed cuz EU doesnt care about BLizzard and their money at all, and US has no jurisdiction here

9. Can you just image how Blizzard would react to such thing? They would go full ****** on any private server that tried to charge monthly its players. OP did not think this through very well.

10. I think Warmane should bring back non-PvP heirlooms in the points shop for leveling. Even though it brings an edge in PvP it won't make you invincible since it isn't PvP heirlooms.

11. Yes it leeches donations but if they change that Lordaeron will be just the same as other WOTLK server ,so there would not be the point of playing it and it will lose the hardcore blizzlike status that is the reason most of ppl started playing on it ...
    Imagine yourself as a Donor on some other realm, someone who donates like every month or so... everytime you come to the website theres updates for Lordaeron, chit chat about Lordaeron bla bla bla, while your realm has no updates in +6 months. I would be mad.

12. They arent closed cuz EU doesnt care about BLizzard and their money at all, and US has no jurisdiction here
    This is the biggest misconception that stupid people hear and think is true.

You're implying that there aren't any servers at all and no corporations of Blizzard in Europe? Let's say that is true for a second; even though it's not, copyright laws are international. Saying "EU doesn't care about Blizzard" is completely insane. If they wanted to they could shut down any server they wanted, and making a server pay to play or using paypal for donations is one way to make them do that.
    Edited: January 15, 2016

13. I don't think giving Blizzard a concrete reason for shutting down the server is the best course of action.

14. prettty sure blizzard would have words with warmane if they decided to put a sub fee on it.

15. Nothing will probably ever match the revenue stream-per-player of World of Warcraft, which gets to combine a subscription model, charging for the base game and new content packs, and even microtransactions. But the rise of F2P, especially in Asia, has allowed Blizzard to move forward with these new game genres and still make a killing.

First 123 Last