1. Server Merge Stream

Hi guys and gals. id like to host a stream this saturday during our normal raid time (2pm server-whenever) on http://www.twitch.tv/funkysday

id like to see what you guys think as well as to raise awareness and concern from all the guild leaders and players of both ragnaros and deathwing to get your opinions and concerns. one of the big issues that a lot of guilds are facing is the keeping of their names when the merge comes. any suggestions or rage or whatever is welcome.

just want to know how you guys feel.

ill also be gifting 23 coins after the raid. cheers!

2. hopefully will have time to watch your stream.

far as merge goes, Finally, pvp will be more alive, pve will be more alive, only thing everyone is really concerned, is saving names and how will guild transfer work, because reinviting everyone (especially if someone lost their name) might be a pain.

tbh, they should do it like this, if name is taken on DW and Rag, you get a free namechange (obv. nobody wants to loose their name, but people will and you cant escape that), but, if you have an unique name that only exists on ragnaros or dw, you should be able to just transfer without namechange possability. (i would like this myself tbh, because none of the names i use in rag, are registered in dw(+nobody could take them then))

3. There are very few major guild names that collide. Popular or big guilds should get to keep their names when the merge occurs. How to tell? Well...statistics...use of this forum(verification), etc...

Because obviously, some players are going to try to ninja :D

4. when will the merge happen in your opinion? I'm actually hyped about it .. waiting for it a quite while now.

5. The merge is a really good idea instead of having 2 realms better 1 and bigger(since the core of lordaeron can work at 10kplayers why to keep 2 another realms with the same core at 3k-4k? players instead of having one at 7-8k) making it easyer to manage besides that it will have the Lord core and arenas finally will have some life both 2v2 and 3v3 and pve too, having 1 big realm with 1x and another one higher xp like 7x or how much is now dw/ragna is better so people are not brainstorming anymore with things like "where i should go deathwing or ragnaros? which one is the best" there will be 2 options 1x/7x, maybe now since those realms will be merged and both in one will have arround 7k players maybe 8k the realm will gain some more players too. I see only positive things from my point of view in this merge i'm kinda hyped about it and i'm waiting it.

The only concerns is the names of players and guild names, but they said character creation can be disabled for a while till transfers are over. Maybe they can do some account bound name or some option for every guild leader so when he transfers he also take the name of the guild(created or some option from site to get an automatic mail with guild name chart so nobody else can steal guild names).

6. Merging the realms is a great idea in my opinion. I would like to play a "easier" realm then lordaeron to get level and gear, but since the population is a bit to low in my opinion, I keep playing on the loraderon server.

Also when a server gets more populated, there will be more people wanting to play - that means if the server merge brings 6k together, it migth become 8k a bit later.

7. The merge between DW and Ragnaros is something always dreamed by the most, simply because the amount of whole server activity will increase so much,
    The only thing im worried about is/are the usually waiting time and "soon" used by Warmane staff, if is gonna be another false promise and will happen in december is nothing helpfull
    But if this will happen as fast as possible, before summer for example, then it is gonna be really fantastic.
    - Arena ques will be so much active in 3s also, and probably in 5s too.
    - BG will have a really competition as there will be so many PvP guilds on both sides
    - PvE will be way more active.

Can't see anything "bad" from this merge, just the time we will have to wait...
    For the ones who cry about the names, really? Who the hell care about names, when you can have a really high populated/active realm isted.

8. Yes, pvp and pve will get more lively, management and server expences will be lowered, that can't be denied if a merge is to be had. Also saving names will be an issue, especially when people are well known in their respective server. There's also an issue with population, after Lordaeron Realm firsts are taken as well as the core is ported over I highly doubt that many players will stay on Lord. I personally expect a big influx of players back to rag and dw. And if my prediction is correct then we might even face what lord currently has (no que skip) and this, needless to say, will be quite ****ty.

9. well i think names do matter to a lot of players. i for one lost mine in moltdown #2 and still have not been able to get it back no matter what i offer the guy. so i know how sacred names are to a person.

i think guild names also are a huge issue moving forward as well. for obvious reasons people have videos, banners, websites, all based upon a name. would be kind of crappy to lose all that.

what about people with 10 toons on each realm? will they lose 10 of those toons? i know a lot of people who actually have 10 geared or gearing toons per realm on 1 account. if you can only have 10 and have to choose what ones to delete or lose wouldent that suck?

idk if staff has discussed this yet or not on forums so some of those questions may already be answered.

i would like more players together though. that is a good thing. would be great to have so many on 1 realm but i think it comes at too high a cost.

10. what about people with 10 toons on each realm? will they lose 10 of those toons? i know a lot of people who actually have 10 geared or gearing toons per realm on 1 account. if you can only have 10 and have to choose what ones to delete or lose wouldent that suck?

i would like more players together though. that is a good thing. would be great to have so many on 1 realm but i think it comes at too high a cost.
    I didn't even think of that, but it's a very valid question. Realm pop. will likely rise enough to attract enough players for the new core even w/o a merge. I also don't think this is necesarry and I am more opposed to it than for it.

11. Personally I would like to merge to realms,but as many of others worrying about,what about our ID
    Like me, Who got some good name ,won't be thankful if some one took these names,so personally I think we can do it like this:creating a new sever,allow us to transfer chars but giving a free rename only for who got collision about the name,so ppl who transferred to new realm won't get possibility to "steal" other guys name.
    I know that some of the good name keeper have been already left this sever,so who still playing won't got problem about keep their name to new realm,but if both of the name keeper in two realms are still playing
    ,then they should have a race of speed(to transfer characters),so sad but I can't find another better solution.
    These are only my opinion ,and plz let me know some other better solutions :3

12. They put it forward as a possibility but I doubt the merge will actually come to pass.

Consider that even right now, the populations of Deathwing and Ragnaros added together at peak time is around 7-8k. Then consider also that at that time, there are 2000 people in the queue waiting for their turn to play on Lordaeron. Now try and think about how many other players there are who'd love nothing more than to come play on Lordaeron, but are dissuaded by the lack of RDF, the low leveling rates, and the insane queue times. Now finally, factor in all the old players who'd come back to Ragnaros/Deathwing to check out the new core in all its glory, and also some of the current Lordaeron players who are fed up with 1x rate and want to get to the end-game ASAP.

If they merged Deathwing and Ragnaros, the cluster**** that would ensue when Lordaeron's core is ported over would be BEYOND anything the likes of which Lordaeron players are experiencing now. Not only would queue times be ridiculous for non-donors, but the lag from a server supporting 10k people that Lordaeron players often experience would hit everyone on the new Ragwing really hard. On top of that, Warmane would be seriously limiting its potential growth. A server capped at 10k with awful wait times would turn away a LOT of potential new players, whereas two servers with, optimistically speaking, maybe 6-7k players each could continue to keep taking in new players for a while before reaching their capacity. Keeping in mind here that Deathwing and Ragnaros are probably responsible for a large portion of Warmane's income, it follows as a logical consequence that keeping those two realms separate, such that they're able to host a larger amount of total players, is therefore the most financially prudent decision.
    Edited: January 14, 2016

13. could not agree more.

want to add as well things will change when lord reaches end game. just like pre moltdown its population wavered at 1.5k because most people just did not want to level on 1x. give it some time after icc is out an on farm on lord. new players coming here will want higher rates and go to deathwing and rag just like the did for years pre moltdown. when that happens and if rag/dw are merged i think it will create a need for a 3rd server which we already have. why merge then make a new one trying to support such high populations?

personally i would like to see deathwing either stay at 7x or go back to the 15x model from 3 years ago and have rag either go 15x or 20x like is used to be. some of us just dont have time to play 1x or the want to play on 1x. its not that i hate lord. i just did it in retail and dont want to do it again.

14. funky, id rather had 1 x5 or x10 (doesnt matter for me anyway) server with 7-8k pop (after merging and after ll thos scrubs coming back from lord) than having two realms with 4kpop (as they always had pre-moltdown at peek times). but thats ,y opinion, since all i care is pvp in all aspects, just imagine that 2nd breath into it with 8k pop at peek time, sounds fuking amazing to me to believe)

15. They put it forward as a possibility but I doubt the merge will actually come to pass.

Consider that even right now, the populations of Deathwing and Ragnaros added together at peak time is around 7-8k. Then consider also that at that time, there are 2000 people in the queue waiting for their turn to play on Lordaeron. Now try and think about how many other players there are who'd love nothing more than to come play on Lordaeron, but are dissuaded by the lack of RDF, the low leveling rates, and the insane queue times. Now finally, factor in all the old players who'd come back to Ragnaros/Deathwing to check out the new core in all its glory, and also some of the current Lordaeron players who are fed up with 1x rate and want to get to the end-game ASAP.

If they merged Deathwing and Ragnaros, the cluster**** that would ensue when Lordaeron's core is ported over would be BEYOND anything the likes of which Lordaeron players are experiencing now. Not only would queue times be ridiculous for non-donors, but the lag from a server supporting 10k people that Lordaeron players often experience would hit everyone on the new Ragwing really hard. On top of that, Warmane would be seriously limiting its potential growth. A server capped at 10k with awful wait times would turn away a LOT of potential new players, whereas two servers with, optimistically speaking, maybe 6-7k players each could continue to keep taking in new players for a while before reaching their capacity. Keeping in mind here that Deathwing and Ragnaros are probably responsible for a large portion of Warmane's income, it follows as a logical consequence that keeping those two realms separate, such that they're able to host a larger amount of total players, is therefore the most financially prudent decision.
    Well, it would still make sense to merge deathwing and ragnaros because both realms have the same XP rates and both realms have plenty of veterans with a complete BiS donator gear.
    If this merged realm would really have queue then Warmane has still the option to open a third realm with different XP rates.

123 ... Last