1. My Opinion on Cataclysm and 2016

Greetings,

I'd like to talk and hopefully inform you about why I think moving Cataclysm to Mists of Pandaria is the safest bet this realm can take.

First off, I'd like to say that I've been an avid player on Cataclysm for many years, was one of very few hundred players to play on Greymane then onwards towards Sargeras then onto Neltharion following the events of Moltdown; now, in no way I'm stating that my experience should gather some weight, but rather, some experience as an avid player for Cataclysm and Molten/Warmane in general; suffice to say, I've played this Cataclysm religiously for years on end, not because of the amount of coins I put in towards my characters and server, but towards the friendships and experiences I've had playing in the server. However, as pleasant as that seems, I'd like to put forth a notion that I do wholeheartedly agree that Warmane should move Neltharion towards Mists of Pandaria, based on the experiences and accounts of the actions done by both the staff and population of the realm, it will not only be financially successful but also successful towards the playerbase, knowing that Warmane's profits have been slowly dwindling down.

Now, you can begin to flame me after reading that, but understand this: Kaer did explicitly say that the developer team is spread thin and cannot maintain all three expansions together, let alone maintain them, along with the growing concern for profit loss, and the dwindling population on the Cataclysm realm, (have you seen Cataclysm realms now? From 3000 players towards 900 players in less than a year). More importantly, you have to consider the realms in a more economical position, is Cataclysm still profitable? Out of the 2100 players (at peak time, 1500 midpeak, 900 lowest) that play this realm, how many actually donate on a realm that's underdeveloped and lowly maintained? Secondly, I have to, again, reiterate what Kaer said, their developing staff is spread thin in terms of development, would you rather see a broken expansion, with only possibly 5-6 month fixes (and a chance of another bug to happen) then waiting another 5-6 months? Third, is the growing concern of profit loss and upkeep on Cataclysm realms.. does that really need much explaining, rather than continuing development in hopes to attain an increase in population, it would be simply more profitable for Warmane to cut off Cataclysm, rather not take the risk and continue towards the most safest route.

Then again, what becomes of the Cataclysm players that have donated or have gear they wish to keep? Though, technical and storage capabilities are not in my suit, what I suggest is a backup or permanent storage for the Cataclysm playerbase for those who wish to keep their players in hopes that Cataclysm would soon open again one day. Aside from that, the least profitable option would be a mass refund of coins, which would cause a huge spike in populations on Wrath of the Lich King and Mists of Pandaria realms, but, however, would garner the least amount of profit and a mildly sizeable investment towards the playerbase that are in the hopes to donate. Similarly as well, Warmane could utilize moving the entirety of Cataclysm to MOP, creating a new server by itself, which it has done before, but yet, would remain (in my opinion) to be less popular considering how badly received the Cata -> MOP seemed to be and population wise. However, the safest bet for players; a way to attract and maintain players while maintaining profits would be to create a program or a tool that allows players to utilize a system in which players can transfer their gear over towards other realms for the same amount they would cost on the said-other realm. (An example, a Season 11 Elite PVP Sword to be traded in for a Season 13 Elite PVP Sword, and so forth..)

Mainly, aside from what I've been rambling on about, some may seem ridiculous and stupid, but any idea can work, people can post their own opinions on this, criticize some points, but note the state of Cataclysm, is it worth it to cater towards a dying population?

tl;dr: in order to maximize profits, cut off cata, move towards development mop and wotlk.

2. I'll refrain responding as Bosnian above me... but MoP works worse than Cata and it's the newest expansion, without it cata would have double or triple the population effectively rebooting the realm... so that would be a better manhour and money saver, yes? an expansion barely working 30-40% and sucking up manhours like they're free... vs cata that's essentially done and just needs fine tuning and bugfixes

3. Imho Cata is the last masterpiece of Blizz (mixture of both positive game play from existing + new versions). Most of the classes are playable and have less restriction on individual play potential. Cata leveling zones provide one of the best questing experience I ever had on WoW, and the end game dungeon is also engaging. However, most of Cata's best traits cannot be experience in Warmane yet thus the dwindling population. If only devs able to spare some time and effort in repairing and improving Cata server, without a doubt it will become one of your valuable asset.

4. Cmon guys, stop freakin whining! It's the best decision ever, Cataclysm deserved to be wiped of the realms, it is the most Unskilled HC PvE item dependent patch of all time. No skills at all is needed when you have HC items. Come to Pandaria patch, HC PvE items is useless in battle. Your skills will be tested here, not your items.

Let's face it, stop acting pro guys. No more you would sacrifice your happiness just to sound and look pro.

Cataclysm is DYING. All you guys have to do is accept that.
    Edited: January 14, 2016

5. If they rly end with cata, ill just stop playing on this server.

6. If they rly end with cata, ill just stop playing on this server.
    Well, you wouldn't even be able to play it if they ended cata..

7. I will quit as well is they do swap to mop tired of spending time gearing toons just for them to be deleted i won't tolerate it again

8. Cmon guys, stop freakin whining! It's the best decision ever, Cataclysm deserved to be wiped of the realms, it is the most Unskilled HC PvE item dependent patch of all time. No skills at all is needed when you have HC items. Come to Pandaria patch, HC PvE items is useless in battle. Your skills will be tested here, not your items.

Let's face it, stop acting pro guys. No more you would sacrifice your happiness just to sound and look pro.

Sorry, there are still players on here that are over the age of 10 and don't want to play a piece of crap, dumbed down expansion like MoP, it caters only to children who were too bad at the game to be able to play any of the previous expansions. I will forever stay far away from it.

9. all cata needs is one competent developer. there are few cata servers scripted like ten times better than nelth with way less resources.

10. The only difference from now and Neltharion wotlk was that we have a choice to go against it, to actually speak out of our mind for what we want. Neltharion is an old realm like Rags and DW and we are still up and running despite the hits we took. If we turn into MOP either by choice or force, we too will end up like Sargeras realm, and after that they will kill Neltharion for good, same fate Sargeras suffered from.

Cmon guys, stop freakin whining! It's the best decision ever, Cataclysm deserved to be wiped of the realms, it is the most Unskilled HC PvE item dependent patch of all time. No skills at all is needed when you have HC items. Come to Pandaria patch, HC PvE items is useless in battle. Your skills will be tested here, not your items.

From my experience on both realms,MOP has no skill too. But stuff like this we cannot accept so lightly, because Neltharion took more hits an any other realm ever. Also you guys were angered by the death of Sargeras realm, our situation is quite different from yours. We love our realm just as much you love your Frostwolf. But if anything goes the same genocide method may take place if they go through with this, as it was done before in the past when we had wotlk.

I know that people like to get a bit dramatic over these things but I wouldn't worry as much. We can see and sense that the opposition is strong on this one. This quote from Kaer is quite self-explanatory and should allow you to calm down.
    Neltharion wotlk all over again. We were given somewhat of a choice when Graymane and Deepholm was up. Then they removed it and forced us into Cata 4.0.6 and eventually 4.3.4 and the road to inactivity and closed dungeons cycled from there til now. It's been like 7+ years man, it hurts for some members of the community.
    Edited: January 14, 2016

11. For those that thought of my talk in some global chat situation was "stupid". Let me say this now. Told You So ;)

TL;DR version:
    Welcome to a world of hurt cata players, if we are forced to go MOP. :D

Now the thing is whether they will just force feed us this MOP and knowing MOP from testing it out:
    Raids and dungeons is lacking, a majority of quests are bugged/undoable, some npcs and quests have been disabled and or hidden, most classes are bugged and some spells can and will unknowingly be exploited easily. Game breaking exploits and bugs are present and will still be present once 5.4.8 hits, some so dangerous even pissed off GMs on other realms, even on retail. 5.4.8 will not fix the questing issue MOP has or the bugs soon to come. But my theory will be put to the test on January 26, which I am hoping for.

As the situation with cata, I started on cata when I was like 11 years old for fun on AT and soon molten because I ran out of retail wow time on my trial account. Long story short before moltdown I pissed of many people, but soon just turn leaf and made friends with alot of people from the community and AT crew came here, which was hard for them because what we've lost.

But yeah, if warmane wants to pull another wotlk nelth out of their hat it's gonna effect a lot of people as it did in the past and porting over things from wotlk obviously will be buggy, as the cata instance they ported over before moltdown. This will also introduce the cata players to a slew of bugs and other un-fun things that MOP player grew adapted to. But yeah, thats what I think.

12. Cmon guys, stop freakin whining! It's the best decision ever, Cataclysm deserved to be wiped of the realms, it is the most Unskilled HC PvE item dependent patch of all time. No skills at all is needed when you have HC items. Come to Pandaria patch, HC PvE items is useless in battle. Your skills will be tested here, not your items.

You forgot to say that it's your opinion, not everyone thinks the same way you do.
    Heres my opinion - Completely the opposite. HC pve items make it more challenging and fast phased. In mop every dps spec heals like a sh**ton and duels last for 10 years. giving you more time to think and it allows you to make much more mistakes. but in cataclysm you got much less time to think, your mistakes are judged with no mercy. every little mistake you make has a great impact in the outcome of the duel or arena match. mop pvp is too slow phased for me. It's for people with slow reaction times. ( In my opinion)

13. Once again, considering recent community reaction, most likely Cataclysm will stay here.
    It so doesn't matters that dozens of pages ago Kaer has already stated the idea of merging is pretty much trashed, considering the community reaction.
    It's not completely official yet. The chances of it being upgraded are very small, it's highly unlikely that it will happen after the response we got from the community, but the whole situation is still being internally by the Administration since this involves a lot more than simply turning a switch on or off.
    Sadly, OP you are just one voice and there are a multitude of people against this change of shutting down/merging CATA into MOP. It would also be extremely wrong to see how people put SO much of their hard earned money into donations to not only help this server, but to get end game items just for it to be null due to the introduction of higher ilvl gear. I see that whole thing about this program/tool that you are brainstorming about. However do you really believe they have the time of day to make such a program with Lordaeron and possibly other realm merges? Then having to worry about people taking advantage of such a program? All that time and effort can be put to applying fixes or something useful for this patch.

P.S. I spy some trolls in here, but oh well. Majority rules.

14. @ilyanah MoP has a real skill? /facepalm.
    cata is dying cus there has not been a single update in the past few months , maybe if they gave a **** about it it would not die. and its still my fav expansion. dont think I will stop playing it. If you people actually vote for cata to move to mop. realm will be so dead and broken , no ty , bai

15. Cataclysm is one of the best expansions no matter what. @Ilyanah if its fun for you to kill some dummy bosses in MsV/ToES/ToT/HoF then just keep ur opinion for urself and sit tight in your crappy MoP.
    Okay now another topic. Lets give an example: theres few private servers that has 1/2 scripters, raids are working there perfectly and being released each month, the only bad thing that these servers are in foreign language as bulgarian or such, that's why people are staying there. Now lets take warmane, has around 30 staff members etc, most of them know how to script, puts 10 scripters on 1 realm which is "Lordaeron", i don't get it why?? if you can send few of em on cataclysm and let them work there. The wages that scripters in other private servers with 2 scripters are like 100 times smaller, but they keep doing their job. So whats the problem for warmane scripters, huh? Btw after telling the restrospective that you almost won't focus on cataclysm around 8 more friends of mine just left ur server and moved to retail, keep doing this and you gonna lose few thousand people, which will cost you(WARMANE) a lot...

123 ... Last