1. Monetizing Lordaeron. Discuss

It comes as no surprise at all that donations are at historical lows. Lets look at the reasons why.

- Lord was developed as a minimal donation server.
    - Progressive servers do not attract as many donations, ICC donations are years away.
    - Majority of players are still leveling, not donating.
    - Hardcore players have less a need to buy items.

There are many more smaller reasons IMO, like saturation on Deathwing and Ragnaros, the people who will donate there have already. Other servers are being ignored while Lordaeron becomes a giant. New players come to play with 10,000 people, not to donate friendly servers like Rag.

So how much of Lordaeron's foundation must be leveled? People will pay for race change, faction change, and transmog.

2. IMO, the queue skip perk would have the most impact. I don't play a lot of Lordaeron, mainly because of the queue. If they said that donating, say, $100 to Lordaeron would let you skip queue for a year, I bet it would bring in a lot of donations.

3. The correct approach in my opinion is not to monetize Lordaeron, but to tactically apply Lordaeron's strengths to the other WotLK servers in a fashion that would make monetizing Lordaeron unnecessary - thereby creating a synergy between the servers where Deathwing and Ragnaros would benefit from all the considerable work that has been poured into Lordaeron, and where Lordaeron would benefit from the revenue generated by those two servers - as a direct result of Lordaeron's core - and thus be able to continue to uphold the principles upon which the server was founded (which has evidently attracted a significant number of players who would no doubt be displeased if said principles were compromised).
    Edited: January 14, 2016

4. I don't think people will buy gear here like ever. So that leaves only services like xp boosts and proff boosts ect

5. The correct approach in my opinion is not to monetize Lordaeron, but to tactically apply Lordaeron's strengths to the other WotLK servers in a fashion that would make monetizing Lordaeron unnecessary - thereby creating a synergy between the servers where Deathwing and Ragnaros would benefit from all the considerable work that has been poured into Lordaeron, and where Lordaeron would benefit from the revenue generated by those two servers - as a direct result of Lordaeron's core - and thus be able to continue to uphold the principles upon which the server was founded (which has evidently attracted a significant number of players who would no doubt be displeased if said principles were compromised).
    That would take a long time, they need funding sooner rather than later. There certainly wont be any new hires to work on things like wintergrasp I imagine. Older players have already donated on Rag and Dwing imo. New players are potential new donations, and new players are coming to Lordaeron.

6. Monetization of x1 is must be n1 target to approach, since no one needs leach server, except some scubs who just dont want to donate (not those who just cant afford to waste cash on online game). Without any donations, warmane will just die, thats it, since pple, like me, who play on old realms such as Dw/Rag, just dont wanna donate for broken spells, talents, bad scripting in pve. So, atm only porting new core to older realms will help a bit, but in the end that leach x1 will pull this server to its eventual death

7. Couple of ideas, open donations for:

- most armor/weps, not 1, but couple of tiers lower. e.g. donate for toc when icc is up and running; and furious when wrathful - moderate cost, milk this puppy; much lower tier quality means its ok for more people to donate for it, reasonably cheap so people want to
    - lvl 60 with blues ~25 euro
    - lvl 70 with blues ~40 euro
    - skip que if realm is split (i bet many would donate just for this if it came out)
    - make sure you add all rare glyphs, recipes, meta gems etc. e.g. mystical skyfire diamond

8. - make sure you add all rare glyphs, recipes, meta gems etc. e.g. mystical skyfire diamond
    Bad idea. Rare stuff is what generates long-time-motivation.
    I like your other ideas though i dont think queue-skipping is something we will see in near future.

9. Couple of ideas, open donations for:

- most armor/weps, not 1, but couple of tiers lower. e.g. donate for toc when icc is up and running; and furious when wrathful - moderate cost, milk this puppy; much lower tier quality means its ok for more people to donate for it, reasonably cheap so people want to
    - lvl 60 with blues ~25 euro
    - lvl 70 with blues ~40 euro
    - skip que if realm is split (i bet many would donate just for this if it came out)
    - make sure you add all rare glyphs, recipes, meta gems etc. e.g. mystical skyfire diamond
    Who would ever donate for furious when wrathful is top tier?
    Let's be honest here, 1 tier before current is the minimum reasonable threshold.

The real problem, as OP already pointed out, is that there are many conditions that make donations unnecessary now - I guess that most people don't want to spend so much £££ for stuff that will be obsolete as new content is released.

10. No instant levels , EVER ,for now,maybe later, leveling is what made this realm popular .

How about these >>>>>>>>>

-1 Month 2x/3x XP boost on account = 20e.
    -1 Month Que skip on account =10e .
    -1 Month 2x drop rate on old raids = 10-15e, lots of people farming xmog would do this.

This would solve problems for the time being, later in time maybe introduce these >

Instant lvl60 - 20e.
    Faction Change.
    Race Change.

11. just enable racechange and queskip for coins

12. No instant levels , EVER ,for now,maybe later, leveling is what made this realm popular .

How about these >>>
    [...]
    Instant lvl60 - 20e
    lolwut

Apart from that, I guess those suggestions are reasonable, especially considering we won't have endgame BiS gear to buy for a LONG time, so few people are willing to drop loads of money on items that will have only a few months of value.

XP boosts / Queue skipping, instead, are things that are HIGHLY valuable right now and could provide a steady cashflow until we get closer to endgame (and more donations for gear at that point)
    Edited: January 14, 2016

13. Legendary server blizz official = No levelup,no xp boost,no golds.

Just shop low stuffs,low mount = Financing server.

Yes for option main :

Faction Change.
    Race Change.
    Unban account.

14. Race change, faction change, character rename are all reasonable services that people would use that do not detract from the current gameplay. Maybe some paid mogs or fun "toy" items would interest some people. I don't think any gear above heroic 5-man dungeons should ever be sold, maybe add in starter PvP gear and make it cheaper than the stuff that's up now.

15. In another thread we were discussing a method which I personally think may solve the issue of donations on this server. This along with race change, faction change, name changes, etc could easily make sure Lordaeron is more than sustaining itself.

123 Last