1. Bis pala tank 3.3.5a

Who can show me bis pala tank gear? which t10 pieces i need etc.

2. Who can show me bis pala tank gear? which t10 pieces i need etc.
    Really? with this gear i can tank lk hc?
    There is no definitive BIS, keep that in mind. Various pieces in your gear should be exchanged on a per-encounter basis. That said, if you're focused on a setup for Lich King himself, the linked armory is pretty close; but not quite.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...gnaros/summary
    Both hit and expertise are closer to their marks here.^

Phase 1 optimization;
    If you're main-tanking phase 1, you'll want Libram of Valiance instead of Libram of the Sacred Shield.
    If you're off-tanking phase 1, you'll want to use Unidentifiable Organ instead of Sindragosa's Flawless Fang.

Phase 2&3 optimization;
    If you're main-tanking phase 2 & 3, the indicated trinkets in the armory links are fine.
    If you're off-tanking phase 2 & 3, Corpse Tongue Coin (which serves as a safety net for the latter part of Soul Reaper; hasted melee hits) is going to be better than Sindragosa's Flawless Fang. Any other trinket that has static armor will suffice as well.

3. I think swapping PTS > UIO instead of SFF > UIO will give you more EHP in total, also the setup of your tank you`ve linked would be better off swapping the shoulders to some with hit (either 264 tank or 277 dps [Raging Behemoth`s]), would both be a significant EHP upgrade over spam-gemming like you are. Spam-gemming hit is always a pretty bad idea and should only be resorted to if you don`t have access to a better hit setup

4. You link the other armory as "bis", but yet the only 2 things that are greater than my own are stamina (96 stamina), crit (1.36%) and weapon damage. Meanwhile, losing out on perfect hit and expertise caps (thus, not wasted stats), 1916 armor, 268 ap (134 strength -> sp conversion too), 0.6% dodge, 0.71% parry, 0.32% block chance, etc.

And you're suggesting that I sacrifice some of my defensive stats for a DPS item, with which I can stack more stamina? Why would I listen to that when you just got done telling the OP that a certain armory is "BIS" when it has both less EHP and avoidance values than my own?

5. I posted the below in another tank thread, so i will copy paste it here.

Jendah wrote a nice Prot Bis set list you can refer to over at http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-PVE-Resources, originally designed for Prot Warriors so i'll highlight the changes needed for paladins afterwards.

the relevant section is

6) Gear
    Spoiler: Show

Piece of gear that is currently best for you depends on the rest of your gear and on particular encounter. Sometimes the best stat you can get is avoidance (3rd miniboss in rs/soloing), sometimes stamina and resistances (kele/sindra), sometimes EHP (lk mt - most of his dmg to you comes from his autoattack + he hits like a truck - armor shines in this fight).

There are several variants of items fit for most of the slots (in order of general use viewability) together with reason why could it be best (f.e. avoidance means that its best item for getting as much avoidance as possible, but is not that good in other situations).

Head
    Broken Ram Skull Helm - hit
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Greathelm

Neck
    Bile-Encrusted Medallion
    Noose of Malachite - avoidance/hit

Shoulder
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Pauldrons

Back
    Royal Crimson Cloak
    Sentinel's Winter Cloak - armor

Chest
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Breastplate
    Blightborne Warplate - avoidance

Wrist
    Bracers of Dark Reckoning
    Gargoyle Spit Bracers - armor

Hands
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Handguards

Waist
    Belt of Broken Bones
    Verdigris Chain Belt - armor

Legs
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Legguards - expertise
    Legguards of Lost Hope - hit

Feet
    Treads of Impending Resurrection
    Grinning Skull Greatboots - expertise

Ring
    Devium's Eternally Cold Ring
    Juggernaut Band

Signified Ring of Binding - armor/resistances
    Loop of the Twin Val'kyr - armor/easy to get

Trinket
    Petrified Twilight Scale
    Sindragosa's Flawless Fang

Unidentifiable Organ - armor
    Juggernaut's Vitality - stamina
    Corroded Skeleton Key - stamina/easy to get
    Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman - avoidance
    Corpse Tongue Coin - avoidance

Weapon
    Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings - weapon speed/armor(agility)
    Bloodvenom Blade - weapon speed/armor(agility)/hit
    Mithrios, Bronzebeard's Legacy - stamina/expertise/avoidance

Shield
    Icecrown Glacial Wall
    Neverending Winter - avoidance
    The only difference is that many paladins opt to use only 2 pieces of Tier 10, as warriors and DK's love their 4 piece bonuses, the paladin 4 piece simply isn't that great.

Paladins use T10 Hands, T10 Chest, replacing the others with
    Head: Broken Ram Skull Helm (For hit Rating) or the T10 Helm, the T10 helm is usually only used alongside the frost resist chestplate, and is used to maintain the 2piece bonus in your frost resist gear (Aka Hands+Helmet for Sindragosa, the helm enchanted with frost resist + uses the -2% spell damage metagem)

Shoulder: Boneguard Commander's Pauldrons(avoid) or Raging Behemoth's Shoulderplates(hit rating)

Legs: Pillars of Might (armor/EHP) or Leggaurds of Lost Hope(hit rating), T10 legs are your Expertise alternative.

For Libram, use Seal of Valiance(+200 str, 100% uptime) for most content, the retribution EoT libram.
    The tank librams have their place too, providing dodge rating. Libram of Defiance grants 200 dodge without rampup, And Libram of Eternal Tower provides 219 dodge but requires some time to rampup to get there.

For Frost Resist set you should use your plate frost resistance Chest(Icebane Chestguard), Belt(Icebane Girdle), Feet(Icebane Treads) which are all from Blacksmithing, and ring(Titanium Frostguard Ring) from Jewelcrafting. Because you swapped your Chestpieces from Tier 10 to the frost resist, i recommend changing your Helmet to Tier 10 to maintain your 2 piece bonus, enchanted with +25 frost resist and 30 Stam, using the Effulgent Skyflare Metagem for -2% spell damage.
    With these 4 pieces frost resist and a +130 resist buff it should be possible to get 510 frost resistance with this setup. 540 if you use signified ring of binding. With flask, you can get 590, with leatherworking and prepotting, even higher.

I think that about covers it.

As said, >>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BIS LIST FOR TANKS.<< I can't stress that enough. You should be swapping gear for different scenarios. You collect ALL THE GEAR, and switch between them.

Let's not argue about who has a bigger penis/who's armory is better. Hnonestly, we couldn't care less about 1 set of displayed/equipped armor. Collect all of the pieces, swap between them, this is the only correct answer.
    Edited: January 16, 2016

6. @Lynea
    I don't want to start the same cancer that was pala tank thread, but do note that my char was w/o devo aura and any other buff, so my EHP will be higher than what you simmed last night. Anyhow you will have more sp, thus more absorbs, you will more than likely have slightly bigger avoidance numbers, but you will also likely have less EHP total, compared to me because of the way you need to gem hit into your char. My setup was made specifically for humans with one purpose. Easy hit and current expertise cap with all armor items. Now that I'm belf I had to get more hybrid exp gems. The only thing I would swap from my setup would be PTS to organ because of the way it will suite my lower avoidance value compared to other 4pT10 tanks, if only I actually had it.

P.S. I actually do recommend you start a fight with a DPS weapon (such as bvb), and then switch to Last Word, instead of running solely on mithrios.
    P.S.2 Did you have any buffs when you logged out from your char? I ask because I'd like to sim your EHP compared to mine and buffs influence this quite a lot.
    P.S.3 As far as soul reapers go you should evade them. Lk casts SR right after a defile in p2/3 so you just move some 5 yards away from him and it will not hit you.

But yeah as Raenel said, take pmuch everything. You never really know what you'll need. Plus everyone has preferences, I'm quite done trying to help people choose, what is in my opinion, the better item.

7. but if I wanna use 4p it won't make much of a difference?

8. but if I wanna use 4p it won't make much of a difference?
    It will make a big difference in some fights (General Zarithrian, rs mini-boss). And it will make a difference in general. You'll be overall squishier, meaning you'll take higher damage per hit compared to an armor focused tank, but you'll have more avoidance overall and the 4 piece bonus. If you want to know if you can raid with 4pT10 then the answer is yes you can. Will it be better than the armor setup? In my opinion it is inferior.

9. It depends alot on the fight. You should have all 5 pieces of T10, if you want to use T10 then it's up to you to swap to it depending on the fight.

If you find you MUST use 4 pieces of Tier 10, for whatever reason, other plate wearers(DK's and Prot Warriors) like to use 4 piece T10 + Pillars of Might(pants) for maximum armor, or 4 pieces + Broken Ram Skull(helm) for hit rating: These are just the popular opinions that float around.

Most paladins will find that using the Tier 10 Legs is unnecessary, especially as you can always glyph seal of vengeance for +!0 expertise rating. Pillars of might are easily obtainable as they are crafted with blacksmithing and are BoE, and provide what i believe is the highest amount of armor on a single item in the entire expansion. Legguards of lost hope are also good to have, providing Hit rating on a item level 277 item, so this is a decent all round choice. Broken Ram Skull remains a popular option as well, and there's no correct answer - this is the main reason why most paladins tanks do not use 4 pieces of tier 10 as it restricts their options.
    Of course, this depends on the other gear that you are using, which of course should depend on the specific boss fight. So as I said, collect >>ALL<< the tank pieces. Most specifically, collect all the tanking trinkets as well. If you aren't changing around your tanking gear on every fight you do, then your concern for "BEST in Slot" is a misinterpretation as the "BEST" item changes depending on what you are tanking. Sure, you can have just 1 tanking set that you use for everything, but then you are not "BEST" in slot for 100% of encounters.

BiS lists are a tool for min-maxers to squeeze every last bit of possible itemization out of their gear. This applies to DPS and Healers, but due to the fluid nature of tanking, no such list will truly exist. There are many candidates for each slot, and you should endeavour to collect all of them.

On this topic, it's 100% possible to tank LK heroic using 0 pieces of tier 10, or even 5 pieces of tier 10. Just because some approaches are considered "the best" or the "most viable" does not mean that other setups won't work. They are weaker, sure, but it doesn't mean they won't get the job done at the end of the day, it is merely sub-optimal.

10. It depends alot on the fight. You should have all 5 pieces of T10, if you want to use T10 then it's up to you to swap to it depending on the fight.

If you find you MUST use 4 pieces of Tier 10, for whatever reason, other plate wearers(DK's and Prot Warriors) like to use 4 piece T10 + Pillars of Might(pants) for maximum armor, or 4 pieces + Broken Ram Skull(helm) for hit rating: These are just the popular opinions that float around.

Most paladins will find that using the Tier 10 Legs is unnecessary, especially as you can always glyph seal of vengeance for +!0 expertise rating. Pillars of might are easily obtainable as they are crafted with blacksmithing and are BoE, and provide what i believe is the highest amount of armor on a single item in the entire expansion. Legguards of lost hope are also good to have, providing Hit rating on a item level 277 item, so this is a decent all round choice. Broken Ram Skull remains a popular option as well, and there's no correct answer - this is the main reason why most paladins tanks do not use 4 pieces of tier 10 as it restricts their options.
    Of course, this depends on the other gear that you are using, which of course should depend on the specific boss fight. So as I said, collect >>ALL<< the tank pieces. Most specifically, collect all the tanking trinkets as well. If you aren't changing around your tanking gear on every fight you do, then your concern for "BEST in Slot" is a misinterpretation as the "BEST" item changes depending on what you are tanking. Sure, you can have just 1 tanking set that you use for everything, but then you are not "BEST" in slot for 100% of encounters.

BiS lists are a tool for min-maxers to squeeze every last bit of possible itemization out of their gear. This applies to DPS and Healers, but due to the fluid nature of tanking, no such list will truly exists. There are many candidates for each slot, and you should endeavour to collect all of them.

On this topic, it's 100% possible to tank LK heroic using 0 pieces of tier 10, or even 5 pieces of tier 10. Just because some approaches are considered "the best" or the "most viable" does not mean that other setups won't work. They are weaker, sure, but it doesn't mean they won't get the job done at the end of the day, it is merely sub-optimal.
    Actually T10 legs are completely viable, they'll allow you to go for Glyph of Salvation, which will be an extra cd. Thing is most of the time you'll want the bonus armor.

11. Actually T10 legs are completely viable, they'll allow you to go for Glyph of Salvation, which will be an extra cd. Thing is most of the time you'll want the bonus armor.
    Don't go looking for fights (as much as you claim you don't) where there is no intention to. I said most will find it unnecessary due to the glyph, i even mentioned going 4 piece and using the Hit Rating Helmet was in fact one of the most popular 4piece T10 option yes?

Rifokelt, your wording is confrontational albeit unintentionally so. If I were a certain someone else in this thread that would lead to... ahh yes the word you used was "cancer". I mean this in the nicest possible manner, as both a warning and an explanation - share your opinions, as they are valuable to both the OP and to other readers, but be careful you do not upset other posters.

12. Don't go looking for fights (as much as you claim you don't) where there is no intention to. I said most will find it unnecessary due to the glyph, i even mentioned going 4 piece and using the Hit Rating Helmet was in fact one of the most popular 4piece T10 option yes?

Rifokelt, your wording is confrontational albeit unintentionally so. If I were a certain someone else in this thread that would lead to... ahh yes the word you used was "cancer". I mean this in the nicest possible manner, as both a warning and an explanation - share your opinions, as they are valuable to both the OP and to other readers, but be careful you do not upset other posters.
    It was just a mention, I've no idea why everyone seems to be so offended everytime I speak up. I've nothing personal against you and I read what you said, what I added is that one can use GoSalv with it, but most of the time one would prefer armor. If you feel offended idk, it's a one-sided thing I guess.

123 Last