1. Unsatisfied hunter

Hi, I am currently having trouble with my BM hunter.

Its normal DPS is around 200~220k dps on a raid. Fully buffed and well fed.

But i have seen hunters who reached 250k ~270k.

Currently my hunter is on (528.4 ilvl) 4PC T14 set, Quake Stompers Grevious bow, Bad JuJu, Renatiki Soulcharm, Bloodied Signet and some VP Items.

Hit 7.6 (due to reforge)
    Expertise 7.88 (due to reforge)

Previously, i am Crit> Haste > Mast according to ElitistJerk's guide for BM Hunter

Then i changed to Mast > Crit > Haste based on one of the 250k hunters. But its not really pushing my dps to the 250k mark.

Here are my rots:
    serpent, beast wrath, kill command , glaive , arcane, arcane , cobra (if no more focus)

Lastly in Megaera my dps drops to 130k~150k at I am not sure why that happens. Hit box problems for pet? :O

I'm missing something. I really want to reach that 250k mark.

2. Well im wondering too, some guides say go for haste, but i feel that mastery for me is more comfortable, since haste only gives faster cobra shots and pet faster hits, but till you dont have 2 pieces of t15 it's not worth to go full haste

3. I have 530 pve gear and don't even have 4set piece, have 3 parts wasn't lucky with chest, but anyways those VP items usually don't have the correct stats so you suffer from those a lot, I'm doing 220k to 250k but it may vary depending on the fight, sometimes its lower depending on a fight.

Mageara is a fight when you switch targets a lot, so sometimes you have to wait for that other head to pop out, basically you lose 3 or 4 sec on every head either you need to run out with cinder or wait for head to pop out, then you have to reapply serpent sting which makes you lose dps.

Your rotation is good, stat priority also, I'm using Crit>Mastery>Haste build but i think either of 2 builds are ok,

what is your latency? that can be a factor in dps too
    Edited: March 5, 2016

4. On Mageara yr pet wont attack (their attacks). If u pay attention yr pet wont use any of his focus or doing white dmg at all. Thats the problem for Bm hunter since our real dmg its from our pet.
    To "try" to fix it u have to call yr pet back and attack in the middle of the fight sometimes and suddenly yr pet start to do white dmg and his abilities.

Take care.

ps: i feel more comfortable using crit->haste->mastery prio.

5. Go for haste>mastery> crit as BM, use only 2/5 tier for the birdies. your dps should increase than previous orders. test it out :)

6. Just a shameless self-promotion - I made a quick guide here to help boost your dps to it's maximum http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....-Mastery-guide