1. New player with some questions

Hi, I made an introduction post in the main forum but due to lack of response and since I want to get in to the game as soon as possible I'll just post the same post here, with the questions I have included.

"Hello everyone!
    My name is Jonas and I'm 25 years old from Sweden but currently living in Romania where I study medicine.
    I've played WoW a lot during the years, starting from early Vanilla and played at a hardcore level all the way up to WotLK. My main feats in the game are several top 10 world PvE rankings (Illidan killed 7th in the world) in TBC along with several top 50-100 kills in WotLK where I also was raid leading. My urge to come back to the game, and to this expansion especially, kicked in a week ago and since then I haven't been able to let go of thinking how awesome it'd be to start playing again. I did some research and ended up wanting to play on this server specifically since it's 1x rates, it seems well balanced and is also fairly new. My goal with playing again isn't to raid on the same level I once did, I wouldn't really have time for it either, but rather to find an active raiding guild with nice skilled players but that still don't take the game super seriously and allows you to cut some slack every now and then. I'd much rather play semi-casual with nice people than aiming to end up at the top of the ladder.

I'm almost done downloading the client and so I'd like to ask a few questions before I make my character.
    I'm fine with playing both Alliance and Horde, which one should I pick in order to even out the population differences, if it's even noticeable?

Which classes are on high demand for raiding? I'm capable of playing all classes and I don't really mind whatever really as long as I have an easy time getting into groups and can be a desirable pick for a guild according to my expectations mentioned above.

If anyone feels like catching up in game I'll go by the name of Asphyxia, I'll start playing as soon as I've managed to decide what faction and class I'll play us.
    That's all for now I think, thanks for your time and I'll hope we'll end up sharing many good experiences in game in the future! "

2. Hey Jonas! Really sorry your initial post got lost in the frey :( But first off, welcome to Warmane! I'm familiar with that urge as well. Whenever I think back to the days of raiding ICC, the fun fights, and the great coordination in raids, it makes me want to do it all again. I'm not quite sure which faction is more populated than the other, but I would choose it based on what guilds in the guild recruitement section are raiding in your time zone instead of trying to balance things out. As far as what's needed tanks and healers are always welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

3. Thank you very much for the quick reply. I'll check it you and decide based upon that then. To be fair it didn't get lost, I just became extremely impatient since I want to start playing so bad :)

4. This thread should answer some of your questions about class and faction balance.

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ghlight=census

5. Thank you very much, Bioness. I have now created a very powerful level 1 Draenei Shaman named Cysteine (Asphyxia was taken, damn you Asphyxia).

6. Hi, mate, sorry for the slow response :D
    As I understand you want to be top PvE-r witch leads me to advise you to change to horde, since they are the ones doing hardcore PvE.
    For the class, I would suggest druid because you can go as tank ( tanks are in short at horde side ) and invaluable healer with battle rezz and innervate. Have fun playing :)

7. No I don't want to be a top PvE-r, as I mentioned in my post I won't have time for it :). I created a shaman on alliance, then I'll be able to both heal and dps + it seems like the class isn't all that popular while it's one of my favourite classes so joining raids probably won't be an issue. I'm going to look for a progressive casual guild which raiding days fit my own, but I'll look into that later on, at the moment I'm only level 15 and I'm in the middle of my uni session so won't be 80 for a long time I think. Thank you for the reply though, hopefully I'll be happy with my choice. :)
    Edited: January 18, 2016 Reason: typo

8. I've sent you a mail on Cysteine to help you get started. Enjoy your stay.

9. Thanks mate, I really appreciate it! :)