1. Same here, ended up at the back of the queue. Guessing as mentioned, the update is not yet in effect.

2. no. apparently they're raking in the coin today, but haven't implemented their "paid service".

3. "Lordaeron AFK kick timer has been reduced as we continue monitoring realm's performance. Reconnection to queue position, reconnection from in-game disconnections and further server-side performance optimizations are scheduled for the upcoming update. Additionally, players that donated to the realm will no longer have to wait in queue for a period of 30 days. This added benefit is retroactive and applies to community members that had made a contribution to Lordaeron since its launch."

I dont think donating now will give you the queue skipping power

4. When the update is applied (if it isn't already) you more than likely have to spend coins on Lordaeron for it to take effect.

5. There seems to be quite a few donators, so eventually there will be a queue of donators. Consequently, non-paying players will have no chance to play unless there is no queue at all. So I expect that "paying to play" will soon get its literal meaning.

Edit: However, I would like to show my gratitude for the new AFK kick timer. I got kicked by it, and when I reconnected I had a queue of 2300+. Contrary to all expectations based on the past, the queue was advancing at a steady pace instead of stagnating. That is a step to right direction. Thank you, staff of Warmane!
    Edited: January 17, 2016

6. I was super pumped to get some levels on my shaman today, after reading all this p2w happening I dont even wanna bother...

7. "Lordaeron AFK kick timer has been reduced as we continue monitoring realm's performance. Reconnection to queue position, reconnection from in-game disconnections and further server-side performance optimizations are scheduled for the upcoming update. Additionally, players that donated to the realm will no longer have to wait in queue for a period of 30 days. This added benefit is retroactive and applies to community members that had made a contribution to Lordaeron since its launch."

I dont think donating now will give you the queue skipping power
    The problem is that sentence doesn't make clear its intentions. I read this as a change that's inclusively retroactive in its effect, not exclusively. I don't see why they would want to exclude new donators from this perk, especially considering how they've been mentioning the lackluster player:donator ratio.

Edit: Spending coins on the server activated the queue jump perk. Hoorah.

8. Need confirmation..

If I donate, RIGHT NOW, do I get to skip this bs queue? I really don't want to donate for a realm I only casually play to not get what is promised.

9. I donated today, spent coins on Lordaeron and was able to skip the queue.

10. " DONATE AND BE REWARDED

Donations award coins and a Premium membership:
    - Coins to purchase items and services within the store
    - No waiting in queues on all realms, except Lordaeron <--------- HERE
    - Access to Contributor forum section "

11. and perhaps that is the catch. i am a premium member and have spent the last several hours in a queue. lots of other people are donating and not bypassing the queue.

i am afraid to leave the queue now, to try to purchase anything. i don't trust warmane to do this right.

12. I think you need to actually spend coins ON LORDAERON to qualify for it... not sure.

13. I don't really trust them either, lola. More afraid of giving my credit info out to warmane and another mod going nuts. :\ How do you spend coins, lenthas? I see nothing but free character services.

14. I think you need to actually spend coins ON LORDAERON to qualify for it... not sure.
    You just need to donate, you don't need to spend coins
    EDIT: I was wrong you need to spend.

15. I don't really trust them either, lola. More afraid of giving my credit info out to warmane and another mod going nuts. :\ How do you spend coins, lenthas? I see nothing but free character services.
    Like buying a mount/bag with coins so it registers you as a spender.

This is all assuming their script identifies in this manner, since old donators don't count, and new donators are not skiping queue, then I can only assume that their script checks for who spends on items or anything while selecting a character for Lordaeron.

AGAIN: My assumption, if you're not willing to spend coins just wait for official confirmation or some one who can bypass queue tell you how they did it.

Also no need for credit card stuff, sure its convenient, but you can go tomorow somewhere and buy a paysafe card instead, no risk taken.

First 1234 ... Last