1. Everybody donates - still a queue

Hi

Has anyone considered that there might be 10k+ donators trying to log in at the same time or logged in already?

What about 10k players online, 1 donater logging in and skipping the queue. Resulting in 1 innocent player getting disconnected and forced to queue again, maybe that innocent player just spent 3 hours in queue and only had the chance to play 5 minutes.

The way it's happening now just feels like you guys are milking the cow while you don't care at all weither the cow is feeling comfortable or not. So now follow the worst case scenario (best case for warmane) where everybody donates... There will still be an enormeous queue and not a single problem will be solved.

Maybe it's wise to open a 2nd similar realm and split the population because obviously, donating to warmane will never solve the issue with this queue. It will only grant individuals the possibility to skip the queue. In the end it contributes NOTHING to the community...

2. It doesn't kick anyone off the realm. It just makes the people in queue technically wait longer. Say the server cap is 10,000 and a donator logs in, the cap will actually increase to 10,001 to let them in. What this means is the people in queue will have to wait for 2 people to log off instead of 1 to be able to login.

This is how it has always worked on Warmane/Molten servers in the past so I would imagine it's how it works now. It is just coincidence if someone disconnects.

Also to bear in mind that there was a lot of connection issues today.

3. If 10.000 people give 10 euros, that's 100.000 euros.
    Money that can be invested in further upgrading hardware.

I don't see how that is a problem.

4. I have posted this on another topic, but i'll post here aswell, since I guess this is the most proper thread to do so

So,
    According to your last announcement:

"Additionally, players that donated to the realm will no longer have to wait in queue for a period of 30 days. This added benefit is retroactive and applies to community members that had made a contribution to Lordaeron since its launch."

So lemme get this straight, cuz I feel massively confused right now...
    Players who will donate to the server will have a free enter (queue skipping), meaning they will log with server full
    If they do so, population will reach, hmm, lets see, 11k?
    Then, the players who don't donate have to wait untill server get less than 10k to start discounting in queue? (which is... at deep night I suppose)

Does that mean that EVERYONE have to forcely donate so they will able to play?
    And then if everyone donates, then how many online will we have? 13k? Then what is the server cap for?

I understand that donators deserve some advantage over non-donors, but,

Like I'm 5, please, explain to me what sense does this make?

5. What you are saying is that when we reach the 10k population cap, and 1k donators log in, the cap is raised to 11K? That's utter bull****.

6. If 10.000 people give 10 euros, that's 100.000 euros.
    Money that can be invested in further upgrading hardware.

I don't see how that is a problem.
    The problem is that there will still be a queue without any plan on solving this problem.

7. The problem is that there will still be a queue without any plan on solving this problem.
    To be precise, anyone who has ever obtained anything from the Lordaeron's shop is now able to skip the queue. It's not the act of donation that makes you able to skip queue but rather obtaining something from the shop. That is what provides you the perk, not the donation itself.

In reality, you can get anything from the store and it will provide you the perk, anything quite literally.

We also want to elaborate that we are working on raising the cap as high as possible. Our development team has been analyzing performance, deeply going through logs and trying to cut down anything that causes bad performance. We would like to report the current situation to the community, which is that we've been slowly improving performance as we go and with good results so far.

This temporary queue skip feature is a temporary solution we have towards a big long-term problem that we aim to solve. Our realms are meant to be played, not for players to wait in queue. We understand your frustrations and we are genuinely working on improving whatever we can to allow more players. Currently, we've been prioritizing solving any host issues that we have as you could probably notice, we've had a bit of issues with our network in our server racks lately.
    There are plans, but not enough time and funds.

8. Does that mean that EVERYONE have to forcely donate so they will able to play?
    And then if everyone donates, then how many online will we have? 13k? Then what is the server cap for?
    No one is forced to donate, you can wait for a place in the queue for free.
    We know for a clear and indisputable fact that it's not gonna happen.

What you are saying is that when we reach the 10k population cap, and 1k donators log in, the cap is raised to 11K? That's utter bull****.
    No, the cap doesn't "increases." It remains the same and people able to skip ignore it, logging in no matter how many people are in the server. As people leave, crash, get disconnected from one reason or another, the current amount of players naturally lowers, until getting back to the 10k cap or lower.

9. My question still remains:

Is there anything planned to deal with the queue issue which benefits the community and not only the individuals donating.

10. My question still remains:

Is there anything planned to deal with the queue issue which benefits the community and not only the individuals donating.
    Besides what Radvo quoted, what would you expect? A new server? That takes funds. Moving the core to the other Wrath of the Lich King servers? It needs to be ready first and that takes time.

What is planned to deal with a massive daily traffic jam when you can't just snap your fingers and create a new road?

11. Besides what Radvo quoted, what would you expect? A new server? That takes funds. Moving the core to the other Wrath of the Lich King servers? It needs to be ready first and that takes time.

What is planned to deal with a massive daily traffic jam when you can't just snap your fingers and create a new road?
    Well that's the moment when you start creating new roads or in in this case, a new realm. But instead of answering you just avoided the question :P

Btw I don't really trust that Radvo since he doesn't even know what patch OS is.

12. Well that's the moment when you start creating new roads or in in this case, a new realm. But instead of answering you just avoided the question :P

Btw I don't really trust that Radvo since he doesn't even know what patch OS is.
    No, I didn't avoid it. I asked what would you expect to be done. It takes funds to start creating new roads, just like a new server. Besides what Radvo quoted - which doesn't comes from him so your trust on him should be irrelevant - I can't see much "to be done." Eventually the core will be ready and ported, which will by itself spread out the population, but it's not something that can be rushed or done right now.

13. Well that's the moment when you start creating new roads or in in this case, a new realm. But instead of answering you just avoided the question :P

He literally answered that question in what you quoted from him. "what would you expect? A new server? That takes funds."
    They don't have funds to open a new server. You people expect so much for free, that you forget these servers actually cost them A LOT of money to maintain.

14. Ok what I mean is, will we just sitback for a few months and checkout if the queue finds peace or will it be handled in a more pro-active way.

He literally answered that question in what you quoted from him. "what would you expect? A new server? That takes funds."
    They don't have funds to open a new server. You people expect so much for free, that you forget these servers actually cost them A LOT of money to maintain.
    Yes funds are required but at this rate we'll be waiting a long time untill the funds to fix this issue are gathered. Unless the plan is to hold this queue-skipping concept for a few months, or as long as the milk comes out.
    Edited: January 18, 2016

15. Ok what I mean is, will we just sitback for a few months and checkout if the queue finds peace or will it be handled in a more pro-active way.

Yes funds are required but at this rate we'll be waiting a long time untill the funds to fix this issue are gathered. Unless the plan is to hold this queue-skipping concept for a few months, or as long as the milk comes out.
    Dude, read this paragraph from Proterean

This temporary queue skip feature is a temporary solution we have towards a big long-term problem that we aim to solve. Our realms are meant to be played, not for players to wait in queue. We understand your frustrations and we are genuinely working on improving whatever we can to allow more players. Currently, we've been prioritizing solving any host issues that we have as you could probably notice, we've had a bit of issues with our network in our server racks lately.
    This literally answers your questions as to what exactly they are doing RIGHT NOW to work towards increasing the cap to allow more players on the server, therefore reducing the queue times. What more do you want?

12 Last