1. Mention this cool Wing clip macro:

#showtooltip wing clip
    /targetenemy
    /cast [nodead,harm] wing clip
    /targetlasttarget
    /cleartarget
    /targetlasttarget

source: Zumio

with this macro you hit near by enemies with wing clip without losing your current target =)
    I luv this!!!

2. Been playing my hunter a good bit in bgs lately. Also been testing some things. Some thoughts/questions:

1. How far do you stand behind the snake trap when expecting a warrior charge/intercept? I assume you would want to get some distance behind it, or else he'd still be able to whack away at you while rooted. How many yards behind the trap are you?

Personally, I still have good luck in bgs with standing behind a freezing trap, with the backup plan of having my ravager stun the warrior if he is good and reflects the freezing trap. I can then follow the freezing trap with scorpid-chimera disarm so he will be disarmed when he either charges or intercepts me after the first one. If he reflected the trap and I had to ravager stun him, I use scatter shot-scorpid-chimera for the same effect. That works for me, but I'm open to the entrapment route as well, need to know how far to stand behind it, though.

2. I don't think it's correct that entrapment procs through AMS. I tested it on my dk on another account, and the snakes still came out with AMS up, but they didn't root the dk.

3. Concussive shot's slow seems to be stopped by AMS as well- this seems to be a bug, since concussive shot is supposed to be physical:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Concussive_Shot

Should I report this as a bug?

3. One thing I noticed on Icecrown is that, when a rogue cheap shots you and starts killing you while you're mounted, it doesn't automatically dismount you. But if you have a /dismount command in your roar of sac macro, it works even if you're stunned. So I highly recommend adding /dismount to a hunter's sac macro. I like your idea of starting vs. rogues mounted, to stop the pet sac, just wanted to add that.

Also, I confirmed that concussive shot doesn't work with AMS and there have been bug reports about it for years. But apparently Warmane isn't convinced that it should go through AMS in WOTLK. So if anyone has any video of it doing so in WOTLK that might convince them to fix it.

On another topic, what's your view on using living action potion (vs rogues and rets) and free action potion (vs. dks, wars, etc) in bgs and world pvp? I know anything goes in bgs and world pvp, but part of me still feels kinda cheesy for using it. The pots are so powerful that they make things TOO easy for the hunter, imo. I wish they were a little less OP and I'd use them without hesitation.

4. Ok, good to know the potions are generally accepted- I feel kinda cheesy using them. I've even got a macro that uses living action potion, rocket boots and drops a snake trap at the same time, as seen 30 seconds into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyU...ature=youtu.be

Rogues love the macro!
    Edited: April 25, 2018

5. Ok, good to know the potions are generally accepted- I feel kinda cheesy using them. I've even got a macro that uses living action potion, rocket boots and drops a snake trap at the same time, as seen 30 seconds into this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giyU...ature=youtu.be

Rogues love the macro!
    LOL rip rogs xDD

6. June 8, 2018  
    I don't know if you notice guys, but I can't see the quiver of other hunters, I do not know if it is a visual bug.

7. I don't know if you notice guys, but I can't see the quiver of other hunters, I do not know if it is a visual bug.
    Most hunters don't use quivers because bags have more slots and aren't limited to holding arrows.

8. Bravo! Very big nice guide! GJ!

9. thx guide, deterrence is bugged so hunt is hard to play here

10. One important point about rogues is that you can re-apply serpent sting even while cloak of shadows is up. For a long time, I assumed you couldn't, so I'd wait for it to pass before re-applying it. But cloak only provides 90% resistance to "spells" and serpent sting (and hunter's mark) don't count as "spells" at least on Warmane and another private server I've played on.

I think keeping glyphed serpent sting up on rogues is hugely important, since you know if he vanishes with serpent sting up, he's gonna be coming out of stealth real soon and won't have time to do something like sap you until stun drs reset. Serpent sting is also really important for getting kills, since a good rogue can control you so well, so you won't have much time to get actual shots off on him. The serpent sting damage will keep ticking, though, and when you do have chance to do damage, chimera shot will hit really hard with serpent sting up.

11. Thanks for this great guide!!!!

12. Here are some strats that I've found work well against rets (the bane of hunter's existence in wotlk) in open world pvp and bgs- I think Multisnipe's tips are for duels, and I will defer to him on that since I can't stand the kiting space limitation in duels and so don't bother with them.

This video shows the strat that works best for me in open situations where they can't go hide behind los (you can't kill them if they do that - mount and go to some open space and challenge them to fight you there. If they refuse, that's like a win for you.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZNq...ature=youtu.be

1. Trinket repentance if you're outside of HoJ range and rely on your kiting and deterrence to keep you from getting HoJ'ed. I know this goes against conventional wisdom - even the great Danaik put a big FAIL on his video when he trinketed repentance. But I've found that if you sit repentence he will not only HoJ you but also apply judgement of justice so you won't be able to get away with rocket boots or cheetah and will die the vast majority of the time. Living action potion will break the HoJ even if your trinket is down, but it doesn't help against JoJ, which is kind of a hunter killer that all rets (correctly) seem to use.

2. Use traps and snares to bait freedom and then pet stun him. (Freedom breaks stuns for rets but doesn't stop their application.) I personally don't find tranq shotting rets to be worthwhile since they have so many buffs (sacred shield alone produces two) and each of them has a 30% dispel resist chance. And sacred shield has no cooldown so they can just reapply it, while tranq shot has a cooldown. Makjes more sense to just pet stun him then bring your pet back.

3. Get tailoring and use the tailoring net once you're in 25 yard range (repentence is 20 yard range) and cover it with silencing shot so the ret can't freedom out of it. You don't need to cover with silencing shot if he's already used freedom recently (obviously wait til the freedom passes, though) - the net is physical so it can't be cleansed.

4. Don't have your pet on him any longer than necessary to stun the ret and pull it back, since rets can easily kill your pet if not stunned and can use it to get instant heal and exorcism procs. Sometimes you can cheat a bit and get some free damage if you notice the ret is totally focused on you, but that's a big gamble.

More ret notes:

You can't use cheetah while dpsing against rets if they take the eye for an eye talent since your crits will damage and daze you. The only way to tell if they take that talent is to let the fight play out a little while and see if you get that eye for an eye animation on you (hard to describe it). In the video below, I saw that hadn't happened, so I felt safe in trying to dps with cheetah up. Retribution aura alone doesn't daze you in cheetah.

I've heard that judgement goes through deterrence, but I personally haven't found that to be the case, even in testing several months ago against a ret alt of mine. If so, this may be the one situation where deterrence is better than expected.
    Edited: November 30, 2019

First ... 8910