1. Very in-depth, good addition to my own guide, since mine lacks depth. I feel like some small sections of the guide are a bit redundant (eg. duels vs healers), but they're all in spoilers so it doesn't bother me that much. If you were a few years earlier, you'd definitely be getting more than 350 000 views. If you want me to/allow me, I'll post a link to this guide in my own. Just because mine has so much hits already, and yours will be overlooked if you Google for it, which is pretty unfair.

2. That'd be a great collaboration! Let's show them what Hunters can do :)

3. Originally Posted by Xypher
    My guide covers everything essential, but is not extremely in-depth. If you're looking for more information, or a different perspective of how to play hunter, I suggest reading Multisnipes guide.
    Done!

You put a lot of work in making/writing this, so it should be recognised. I only spent a single night on writing my own guide back in the day. I'm pretty lazy.

4. I'm considering starting serious PVP on my Hunter soon.
    Hit me up when u go for it Brah! As it comes to the guide makes me level and gear up another hunter , extremely nice job Danny boy!

5. That 50k kill shot...even better than SOTA demolisher damage

time to reroll

6. prolly the best pvp mm hunt guide

7. Great guide for starters! Gives a really good insight into the class and is - due to the layout - easy to read. Well done.

8. Omg bezt hunter bezt guide i love u multisnipe plz boost arena

9. Not sure if its been mentioned but resistances work (too well?) on lordaeron and you WILL NEED it eventually since they plan to put lordaeron core on all wotlk servers.

So put a side note there saying that on lord it IS NEEDED and that it will eventually be needed on the rest of the realms.

10. It was already noted before but it should be clearer now! Thanks for picking up on it.

11. Not sure if its been mentioned but resistances work (too well?) on lordaeron and you WILL NEED it eventually since they plan to put lordaeron core on all wotlk servers.
    You need spell pen already on the x7 WOTLK realms. If you don't believe me, try having zero spell pen and firing arcane shots and chimera shots at a target with the Mark of the Wild buff. You'll see a huge chunk of your damage getting resisted on the combat log- something like 15%. Get the spell pen cloak enchant and you should be ok.
    Edited: January 20, 2016

12. I just took a quick look at the guide, and it's the best guide I've seen for any class on either retail or a private server. 11/10. I'm probably gonna be asking a good bit of questions in this thread since you clearly know your stuff.

- edit -

One question that jumps out at me- I mainly did my huntering on Cata, but in that expansion, you could just order your pet to keep attacking a rogue while you were blinded and prevent him from dropping combat and re-stealthing. The bad rogues would just stand around looking confused, while the good ones would build up combo points on the pet for a re-direct kidney shot onto you. I'd generally trinket the kidney shot if he did that, but I would typically not trinket blind alone. Does that strategy not work on WOTLK?

On another issue, I was watching this Swifty video on dueling a hunter, and you can see he does a LOT of healing from his second wind talent, which procs a 10% heal whenever a warrior is stunned or immobilized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb9NCWxg0d0

The hunter in the video was feeding Swifty a lot of heals from second wind and I was wondering if it's smart to try to avoid that somehow, such as using freezing traps and scatter shot instead of entrapment, pet stuns, pet charges, etc. For example, a crab's charge will only immobilize a warrior for 1 second, but I assume that will give him a full 10% heal which doesn't seem like a very good trade-off for the hunter.

13. Yes, of course you should send your pet on rogues always, however if you do get blinded out of trinket, any decent rogue would gouge your pet, or if they can prep vanish and then you are totally screwed. Try to deterrence, intervene as soon as you trinket, you might get the blind since Rogues are so eager to blind you. I don't trinket the first kidney, even with Shadow Dance UNLESS I see bleeds on me meaning no blind for some time. Even if they blind me, I still don't trinket until the 2nd kidney. I wear MAXIMUM resilience with Stun Reduction Meta Gem (I have 3 Wrathful Helms), Corroded Skeleton key since DPS gear is absolutely useless since you will get 1 shotted in a cheap shot even. Always try to get a bleed up as early as possible to catch them out of vanish. This means an Aimed Shot or Chimera Straight up. With enough luck and good timing you can outplay the rogue. Keep in mind though, this strategy is up against some of the best dueling rogues, so it is good practise since every decision you make can either win or lose you the duel. You won't ever get a freezing trap since they should save cloak of shadows for it. There's just so much rogues can do to you to mess you up!

My suggestions to you are:

-Cheap shot is very important for rogues and it goes through Deterrence, so don't bother using it in the opener. Use it to try deflect a blind.
    -Use feign death and shadowmeld to delay blinding process.
    -Can't Deterrence Whilst Disarmed - Wait to see if they do this before kidney shot
    -Avoid blind like the plague
    -Rogues usually don't blind you if you don't trinket
    -If you miss catching them when they vanish, they get a full restealth and come back with the next stun = dead hunter
    -if you see bleeds before kidney, you can trinket it
    -Rogues who use corroded skeleton key can only be caught with flare (Super tryhard ones)
    -worry alot about vanish. It's their open chance other than shadow dance to cheap shot and build combo points quickly
    -They have low resilience so you can hit them really hard. If high Resilience they will lack some damage, but it is still very impressive.

Overall against these rogues I have about a 20% win rate, which is still better than nothing. Against average Rogues I win alot more.

So to sum it all up, the duel against rogue usually goes several ways. Here you go

1st outcome - Hunter starts on mount (wait for rogue to open) > Rogue opens with cheap shot and Evasion (as usual) and shadow dance > Hunter uses Roar of Sacrifice (you won't have another chance to use it really) > Ambush / Eviscerate / Dismantle, > Hunter expects Kidney Shot > Trinkets Kidney Shot > gets blinded > Rogue gouges pet or vanishes > restealths > sap > rip hunter :'(

2nd outcome - Hunter Starts on mount > Rogue opens with cheap, Evasion and shadow dance > Ambush / Eviscerate / Dismantle >Hunter uses Roar of Sacrifice on dance of course > Hunter Trinkets Kidney Shot and Deterrences (if no Dismantle) >Rogue Blinds and misses > Rogue tries to Vanish. If you miss flare here you're dead. If not, you have a decent chance at winning since you force them to use more cooldowns. They might even try to use Preparation and Vanish. If they do get away you will lose.

3rd outcome>Hunter starts on mount>rogue opens with cheap shot, evasion and shadow dance>Ambush/eviscerate/dismantle>Hunter Roar of Sacrifice>Trinkets Kidney> Deterrences or Intervene Blind > Hunter Flares rogue out of Vanish = Preparation vanish or die. If you do this then you only have about 15 seconds to kill them since their stuns come up.

4th outcome > Hunter starts on mount > Rogue opens with cheap shot, evasion and shadow dance > Ambush / Eviscerate /Dismantle > Hunter Roar of Sacrifice > Kidney > Hunter eats it and survives. Now there are no more stuns left for the rogue. They can either try vanish away or keep going. If they do decide to vanish, you have your instant flare which you havn't used yet. If they keep going, you should Deterrence and Snake Trap. You can try to Scatter shot also, but with evasion you might miss and this is enough to mess you up. So let's look at the situation here. You're about 10-30% Health, Rogue has no Shadow Dance, You still have all your cooldowns and corroded Key. Now is the only time you'll be free. Go straight for damage and skip Serpent Sting since they can just cloak or vanish it.

My usual outcome goes like this:
    -Start on mount > get cheaped shotted > Roar of Sacrifice immediately > eat kidney shot > when leaving Kidney I disengage + Deterrence with intervene from my crab > Rogue shadowsteps but can't break intervene because of Deterrence > Lay a Snake or Frost Trap > Chimera + Aimed > Flare Rogue's location > readiness > DPS > try to get vanish with flare AGAIN. They key here is to not let them cheap shot and build up combo points. You have Corroded Skeleton Key when you are low hp so that they dont finish you off. I cannot stress how important the blind is for the rogue since it's their only chance other than vanish to get another opener on you.

Against Average Rogues you are able to trinket first kidney and Deter/Intervene Blind pretty easily.
    Against Better Rogues you can't.

14. As for Warriors, it's inevitable that you will root them. Aimed Shot reduces their heal by 50% so second wind would only be about 5% which really isnt very impressive. A 4 second root is much more valuable than 5% health since you can easily take that damage down in the 4 seconds that you have them rooted. The only way they can escape roots are with bladestorm, and if you can force it then they have no way to remove slows and snares. From then, the only chance they can get to you is with charge and intercept, which you should have disengage to counter one of the charges. Kite around your frost trap for the perma slow and enjoy free dps when they've blown both charges. Even warriors who wear full tanky gear die to you eventually.

The Hunter in the video against Swifty didn't use frost trap, that's the only reason why he was able to catch him without using his charge/intercept. Hunter used both master's call and disengage = dead hunter. Also doesn't try to Deterrence Charge/Intercept, breaks freezing trap, some random disengages, as well as not even auto shotting as much as he should.

Your Crab usually does not charge often, only if the Warrior Charges to you and you really need a pin. Very good when intercepted (You trinket intercept and pin them. Free damage or force bladestorm here). After that, only worry about charge/intercept cooldowns and make sure that you don't get caught without master's call and disengage. You're a sitting duck if you do.

First 1234 ... Last