1. [Guide] Marksmanship PvP

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Danny, or as some of you may know me as Potato previously on Ragnaros. I have kept my name as Potato on the new realm Icecrown.

The purpose of this guide is to share some insight to how the Hunter class works. It will cover General Abilities, Stat Priorities, Race Selection, Talents, Glyphs, Professions, Pets, Pet talents, Macros, Gear setups, Gems and Enchants. It will also include Duels, Battlegrounds, Arenas, as well as a few tricks. I will aim to provide you with my best knowledge of the spec and its mechanics. I'll also update you with current well known and not so well known bugs.

I am open to criticism and learning new things. A moment of your time to give feedback and comment would be greatly appreciated.

Let's get to it

Why Marksmanship?

Pros
    -Longest Range of any class in game (with Hawk Eye talent), being 41 yards.
    -Massive ranged execute (Kill Shot) which lives up to its name.
    -Amazing utility with readiness.
    -Traps are unique to hunters.
    -High mobility.
    -High single target burst damage as well as AoE.
    -Have your own unique pet.
    -High potential to do well against every other class.
    -Deals with stealthed enemies; catch Rogues and Druids with Flare/Volley.
    -The only Hunter spec that can silence and disarm.
    -Instant cast playstyle.
    -Not really affected by silence (can't trap or switch aspects)
    -Aimed shot is strongest with Marksmanship.
    -Good amount of Dodge
    -Wins most 1v1 matchups
    -High skill cap class with great potential

Cons :(
    -Stun durations are full durations (unless orc)
    -Easy to catch when too many cooldowns are burnt.
    -Gear dependent.
    -Need arrows (Rip bag space).
    -Many Keybinds and Macros
    -Helpless when disarmed.
    -Line of Sight
    -Trapping isn’t always easy.
    -Lack of cc breakers compared to Beast Mastery (only Master's call and Medallion]
    -Pet dependent (Although they are not as dependent on pets like they are in Beast Mastery, the pet's role is still very significant in all specs)
    -Squishy even with decent resilience.
    -The only class next to rogues that don't have a self heal :'(

General Abilities

Hunter Core Abilities: Hunters have a range of instant cast abilities to utilise for purposes such as Dps, cc, and mobility. The following list will explain each and use of cooldowns (recommended you skip this if you know them already).

Spoiler: Show
    -Hunter’s Mark: 100 yard range, magic debuff, increases damage of shots done to target by 500 AP + 5% overall dps. Also allows you see stealthed targets as long as target is debuffed. Often overlooked, the damage scaling from this ability can be significant.

-Rapid fire:Increases Ranged attack speed by 40% for 15 seconds

-Serpent sting: Ranged DoT dealing nature damage (41 yards). Extremely essential to keep this up on your target as it carries most of your DPS (with Chimera Shot). You will not need to apply it again unless it is dispelled (Chimera Shot refreshes its duration).

-Chimera Shot: Deals 125% ranged weapon damage, as nature damage, and an additional effect, depending on the sting you have on the target (41 yards). Note that chimera shot will always refresh your string on the target. Serpent sting = additional 40% of total damage of serpent sting. Scorpid sting = 10s disarm on Main hand Melee weapon. Viper sting = instantly restore mana equal to 60% of total amount drained. It is your hardest hitting shot.

-Aimed Shot: Deals physical damage, as well as applying a debuff which reduces the target’s healing taken by 50% for 10s (41 yards). Extremely useful in PVP (healing reduce is considered extremely valuable).

-Arcane Shot: Deals Arcane damage (41 yards). Used towards the end of your burst. Does mediocre damage.

-Disengage: Only usable in combat. Allows you to travel a distance almost instantly. Remember to jump as you disengage to maximise the distance travelled. Please don’t do anything stupid like disengage off a cliff. It is best to save this until an opponent reaches you as an almost last resort to maintain distance. Alternatively, it can be used to close a gap.

-Deterrence: Deflects/Parries all incoming attacks, except for a handful (will list spells later). Also note that DoT damage is not negated. Best used to avoid burst or as a last resort to stay alive.

-Readiness: Resets the cooldown of all hunter abilities. Try to reset as many cooldowns as you can, as it will be wasteful to not use them.

-Kill Shot: Has massive range (51 yards), deals massive physical damage. Only allowed when target is below 20% health. Scales extremely well with gear.

-Concussive Shot: 4 second daze, deals no damage (41 yards). Use this when you need to slow someone. Can be used to as a filler to keep target slowed. Watch out for freedoms.

-Scatter Shot: 4 second disorient (21 yards). Breaks on any damage. Physical based. Can be used in many situations. Experiment with what works best with you. A popular use for this is to get an opener or for peeling.

-Volley: Ranged AoE (41 yards), dealing arcane damage. Useful to snipe stealthers, or people who run behind LoS. It doesn’t deal that much damage and costs quite alot of mana, so use aspect of the viper with this.

-Freezing trap: 10 second cc. Magic based. Places trap underneath you. Breaks on damage.

-Frost Trap: 30 second AoE slow. Places trap underneath you. Useful for aoe kiting or slowing around LoS.

-Freezing Arrow: 10 second cc. Magic based. Skillshots a trap. Breaks on damage. Best used when target is not moving around too much or you will risk missing the trap.

-Feign Death: Causes you to leave combat and you will be deselected as a target. Also interrupts casting.

-Aspect of the Dragonhawk: 300ap / 18% dodge. Main aspect until you have to switch to viper.

-Trueshot Aura: 10% AP. Always remember to keep this up.

-Tranquilizing Shot: Attempts to dispel 1 magic buff and 1 enrage. Use this if you believe in the RNG gods.

-Master’s Call: Pet gives you a 4s freedom, which cannot be dispelled. Can also be used on allied targets. Pet must be within range for this to be used, and in Line of Sight, and don’t forget to pick the right target to freedom.

Race Selection

Race selection is very important when it comes to making a Hunter. Here is a list of the most significant racials and my personal comments:

ALLIANCE

-Night Elf: Shadowmeld < This is the best racial for a Hunter. Not only does it drop you out of combat, it can also be used to avoid projectiles. Extremely useful avoiding incoming fatal spells. This racial allows for huge outplay potential. It works in a similar way to Rogue's vanish.

-Draenei: Gift of the Naaru < This scales with your attack power. A fully BiS Hunter will heal about 7000 with this. Draenei also get 1% free hit from their passive racial, also buffing party members. It is a solid race for Hunter.

-Dwarf: Stoneskin < This removes all bleeds and diseases. Solid defensive racial. Also gives 1% crit when using guns (Best Weapon is a crossbow, so it's useless).

HORDE

-Orc: Bloodfury < Free attack power cooldown. Orcs will hit the hardest with this up. Also gives 15% stun reduction which is a great passive. Great race overall.

-Troll: Berserking < Free attack speed. Trolls will shoot the fastest with this up. Also gives 15% less movement impairing duration; less time spent in slows which can stack with surefooted and meta gem (55% slow reduce). In addition, gives 1% critical when wearing bows (Best weapon is crossbow so it's rather useless). Solid race/10.

-Blood elf: Arcane Torrent < Silences all targets within 8 yards for 2 seconds. 8 Yards is close to melee range. You really won't get much of a chance to use this to its full potential since you won't be very close most of the time, however it still has potential. Solid race however I think the other racials are better.

-Tauren: War stomp < 2 second stun to all targets within 8 yards. Similar to blood elf, except the stun has a cast time. You won't get much chance to use this often without being caught in melee range, however it still has some potential. Would not really recommend.

Stat Priorities, Gear, Gemming and Enchanting

A combination of stats need to be balanced to maximise scaling. It is essential to have enough resilience, hit rating as well as damage. There is no one perfect way to explain stat priorities since different situations will present different priorities. However, an overall good way of doing this is to gem resilience, whilst using several PvE offpieces that include Agility and ArP. On Icecrown, I would highly recommend at least 1000 Resilience, since all classes have the potential to one-shot you in cc or just quickly kill you. The most important stats are a combination of Hit, Agility, Attack power, Resilience, and ArP. You generally do not go for full ArP, it should be from your gear and trinkets. An endgame self-buffed Hunter with around 1000 Resilience should have these stats.

This set is with the PVE legs. Now let's compare them to the traditional 5/5 Wrathful.

As you can see, the set with PVE legs has superior stats. You lose about 550 health but you gain a lot of raw damage. As you can see, crit chance is just about the same (think of it as 60%) but the difference in ArP is huge. It's basically free stats. It's up to you which set you prefer but my preference is the set with PvE legs. As you can see I don't use ashen ring since the proc cooldown is 1 minute; making it proc out of sync with your STS trinket. Auto shots make up a large percentage of your damage and it's important to get as many off as you can.

Attack Power versus Agility
    There is debate regarding Attack power vs. Agility. From experience, Agility means more crit, dodge, and armor, for less Attack Power. However, the difference in Attack Power is not much, since Marksmanship Hunters have many crit modifiers on their abilities. Having flat Attack power would mean harder hits, for the expense of critting less often. It is a matter of preference to go for Attack Power or Agility gems, but I would strongly suggest Agility since you get dodge and armor, and significant crit, however you are free to do as you wish. A string of crits can really do some serious damage. It's not like you can reach crit cap. Additionally, Blessing of Kings also increases Agility by a further 10%

Resilience
    Yellow gems should be resilience (Mystic King's Amber = +20 Resilience). There really isn't a magic number for resilience; it's very situational. In Battlegrounds I go with no resilience at all, since I am confident that I can max range and kill things before they get to me; however I do get caught or focused once in a while, so it's always good to adjust your resilience depending on the situation. In arena, a bare minimum of 1000 Resilience is ideal; alot of double dps comps can one-shot you if you are not careful. The resilience cap is 1414, meaning you will no longer benefit as much past this point. It is not recommended you exceed this, unless you want to be a tank hunter. High resilience is great when you know you will be taking a lot of damage. It can be useful to have multiple sets of gear with different gems, so that you can change your resilience to best fit the situation.

Alternatively, if you construct a full dps set, then go with 10agility/10 resilience or 20 Attackpower/10resilience

Armor Penetration
    Armor Penetration. Is it worth gemming? Not in PvP gear. ArP only does well when in high amounts (50%+), however, it is not a useless stat. You should get loads of ArP from 284 ilevel items such as the trinket Sharpened Twilight Scale (heroic), Oathbinder (Polearm), Returning Footfall (Feet), Fal'inrush (Crossbow) and other PvE pieces.
    ArP should only be gemmed when playing PvE. Just gem straight Agility or Attack Power. Most hunters will tell you its a complete bad stat; which is not true on icecrown where you can get all the best gear in which all your PvE gear gives ArP and high agility.

Hit Rating
    Hit in endgame should be easily capped (you won't have to gem it at all). However, if you cannot reach the hit cap of 5%, it is strongly recommended that you reach close to this. Also know that certain classes have talents that reduce your chance to hit them, such as Ret Paladins and Subtlety Rogues, and certain racials. Hence always having 5% hit is not always ideal, since you can still miss against some classes. Like resilience, it is great to have different gear sets to change. For example, having both the PvP crit and hit cloak to swap around will help you reach the caps. The icc reputation ring (aka. Ashen ring), is an extremely great choice; not many classes skip it. It is easy to get and gives great agility, an easy socket bonus, as well as a nice 480 Attack Power proc that procs very often. For those that can't afford the best gear, Wodin's Lucky Necklace (BoE), is also a very good neck. Titanium Weapon chain also gives hit.
    Overall, don't gem it unless you are severely lacking.

Blue gems and Meta Gems
    It is highly recommended to socket the 21 Agility/3% crit damage Meta Gem. It is one of the factors why I go with Agility gems instead of Attack Power. More crit chance + crit damage = RIP! It requires 1 red/yellow/blue gem to activate which is easy. This is easily done with a Nightmare Tear (+10 all stats). The Nightmare Tear must go into a socket that is blue. Other blue gems, depending on the socket bonus should be ignored. I only take the blue socket bonuses from PvP legs since it gives a +6 Agility socket bonus for free. All in all, skip blue gems, except for the one you need to activate your meta gem.

For your second helm, go with a stun reduction meta gem against stun reliant classes.

Haste and Spell Penetration
    Haste? No. Don't do it. Even with high haste, it would only benefit auto shots, and not your other shots. So PLEASE don't gem any haste. If you have gear that only has haste as your only option, try to replace it.

Some Spell Penetration might be needed. Personally, I have multiple gear sets to cater my Spell Penetration needs (Multiple PvP pieces, cloak enchants). If you don't have multiple sets, then Spell Penetration will mean you'll get full Damage of your magical shots on Druids (minimum of 75). You can min/max against mages too (130).

Enchants are very important. Aim to enchant resilience wherever possible, except for legs (take +75ap/22crit). You should get another pair of legs for resilience enchant to min/max stats. I will list ideal enchants very shortly along with a gear list.

Remember to balance Hit, Resilience, Agility, Attack power and Arp according to the situation; there isn't a magical gear set, however the having full PvE offpieces with agility and gemming resilience gives the best possible balance.

If you still need help with gemming/enchanting, feel free to mail 'Potato' in game and I will try my best to help

Professions

Professions also boost stats. Now that we've discussed Stat priorities, Profession selection is also very useful in reaching more stats!
    Depending on preference and playstyle, professions should be chosen carefully. Here are the benefits from each profession, and my personal comments.

-Jewelcrafting - Unique gems x 3 (34 Agility, 34 Resilience, 68 Attack Power). This is slightly better than Blacksmithing. Pick it before Blacksmithing.

-Tailoring - Unique Cloak Enchant - 400 Attack Power Proc. Procs often and lasts 15 seconds, with a 45 second internal cooldown. Definitely useful if you prefer high burst over consistent damage.

-Enchanting - Enchant rings for +40 Attack power or 30 Stamina. Average, but doesn't have any items for practical use. Makes great gold though.

-Leatherworking - Enchant wrists 130 Attack Power (+80 compared to regular enchant), or Enchanting wrists for 102 Stamina (+62 Stamina compared to regular enchant). I find leatherworking very useful in battlegrounds and world PvP. If you farm Drums of Speed, it will give you 15% movement speed to you and your group for 30 seconds! This is huge in Battlegrounds for chasing and kiting! It gives fairly decent stats, equivalent to enchanting and the equivalent to two blacksmith Attack Power gems.

-Blacksmith - 2 Free sockets on wrists and hands. The only profession next to Jewelcrafting that can give you extra Agility/Resilience. Very solid choice.

-Engineering - The most practical of all the professions. You have many tools from Engineering that provide insane utility. It provides you with a parachute (great for bgs), a belt bomb, a pyro-rocket on hands or haste (but don't go for haste). You also get to make your own bullets/arrows! You will lose a few passive stats, however if you enjoy the utility that engineering provides, it is a very good pick.

-Herbalism - Gives you a free heal (Heals about 800 per tick for 5 seconds). Hunters have no self heals (unless Draenei), so this can be useful, however you do sacrifice offensive stats which you could get from other professions.

-Mining - 60 Stamina. You generally don't want to go for permanent Stamina as a Marksman hunter. Unlike other professions, the stamina cannot be replaced.

-Skinning - 40 critical strike - Below average stats, which are also not replaceable without dropping the profession itself.

-First Aid - Definitely pick this up. Even if you're not going to use it often. You can heal a small amount with this with maxed bandages; just make sure you aren't going to take any damage or get cc'd.

- In my opinion, Jewelcrafting is a must, since it provides better stats with its 3 unique gems. The second profession is optional, but my personal preference is Leatherworking since I like having better passive stats, however Engineering may be better for some of you. Blacksmithing will help greatly if you are trying to reach more resilience.

Gear, Enchants, Gemming

I will now show you an example of A BiS Gear set with around 1000 Resilience. I often use this when playing arenas with a healer.

Wrathful Gladiator's Chain Helm50 Attack Power/20 Resilience, 21 Agility + 3% Critical Strike Damage Meta, Red Socket (Agility)
    Wrathful Gladiator's Chain Spaulders - 40 Attack Power/15 Resilience, Yellow socket (Resilience)
    Wrathful Gladiator's Chain Armor - 20 Resilience, Red socket (Agility or Attack power) + Yellow socket (Resilience)
    Wrathful Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets - 44 Attack power or 20 Agility, Blue socket (don't take socket bonus) Gem of your choice.
    Leggings of Northern Lights - 75 Attack Power/22 Critical Strike, Yellow socket (Resilience) Red socket (Agility/Resilience) + Blue socket (Nightmare Tear or Purple/Green gem or Skip)
    Rimetooth Pendant (heroic)- Yellow socket (Resilience)
    Vereesa's Dexterity/Sylvanas' Cunning - 22 Agility or Flexweave underlay (Engineering Enchant), Red socket (Agility or Attack Power)
    Scourge Hunter's Vambraces- 50 Attack Power or 130 Attack power (Leatherworking Enchant), Blue gem (don't take socket bonus) Gem of your choice.
    Nerub'ar Stalker's Cord- Eternal belt buckle (Free gem Slot), Red socket (Agility or Attack power), Yellow socket (Resilience), Prismatic socket (Gem of your choice)
    Returning Footfalls- 15 Stamina/Minor Speed (Tuskarr's Vitality), Red socket (Agility or Attack power), Yellow Socket (Resilience)
    Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance - Yellow socket (Resilience). Enchant this with Attack Power if you have Enchanting.
    Signet of Twilight- Yellow socket (Resilience). Enchant this with Attack Power if you have Enchanting.
    Medallion of the Alliance/Horde
    Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Oathbinder, Charge of the Ranger-General - Titanium Weapon Chain, Red socket (Agility or Attack Power), Yellow Socket (Resilience), Blue socket (Nightmare Tear or purple/green gem).
    Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'Thalas - 40 Critical Strike rating (Heartseeker Scope), Red socket (Agility or Attack Power).

However, some of you may not be able to get some of these pieces. When gearing a hunter, the priority should be as follows.
    -Ranged Weapon > trinkets >Melee Weapons > PvP Mainpieces > Offpieces.

PvP offpieces to adjust Resilience
    You should also have a bunch of PvP offpieces, so that you can adjust your resilience whenever you need to go higher. Generally, you want every item to have some sort of agility. For example, you would want to keep the PvE cloak and PvE neck, since the PvP offpieces only provides you with Attack Power, however the PvP wrists, belt and feet provide Agility. This will greatly balance your stats. Experiment with what you feel comfortable with too! I have multiple sets of PvP and PvE, so that I can alter my stats almost to perfection..

Which Neck should I use?
    If you are just starting out, I would still recommend using Wodin’s Lucky necklace over wrathful because wrathful has no agility. Rimetooth Pendant is best for Endgame PvP and PvE.

Titanium Weapon Chain vs. Attack Power Enchants
    Also note that the Titanium Weapon chain is useless against classes that do not disarm you. It is a good idea to have multiple melee weapons that you can switch around to maximise stats. It should look somewhat like this:

One handed weapons: +65 attack power on main hand, Titanium Weapon Chain on offhand.
    -Dual wielding as a Hunter with a weapon chain is useful against Shadow Priests and Warriors, since Deterrence can still be used while disarm. This is because your offhand remains after the disarm and Deterrence only requires a melee weapon. However, a Rogue's disarm will take everything from you, meaning you won't be able to use Deterrence. Hunter disarms also only disarm main hand weapons.
    Two handed weapons: Titanium Weapon Chain or +110 attack power against classes that don't disarm.

Some gear sets that I've come up with to maximise stats

880 resilience full agility

Standard 5/5 Wrathful, all red gems are gemmed +20 Agility, Yellows are all gemmed +10 Agility/10 Resilience, ignore blue socket in hands, Nightmare Tear goes into Oathbinder

766 resillience full agility (using PvE legs)

4/5 Wrathful (use PvE Legs), all reds are agility, yellows are 10 Agility/10 Resilience, Ignore Blue on hands (make it agility), Gems in legs are all +20 Agility. This set will be the most offensive set you can get without sacrificing too much resilience

I personally prefer having better passive stats. I find the ashen ring with a 1 minute cooldown to be way too long. Hence why I use frostbrood ring here; however you can easily replace it with ashen ring if you prefer it. You'll lose about 5% ArP and a bit of Crit/AP, so the difference is quite minor. Just make sure you remain hit capped; which in this case I took more points in focused aim (dropping improved concussive shot - I don't see myself using concussive shot as often as I'd like to)

Alternatively, you can gem more resilience into the PvE pieces

Talents / Glyphs

All purpose spec (Requires ashen ring)
    All purpose and Arena (Disengage Specced)

Major Glyphs - Aimed Shot, Serpent Sting, Disengage
    Minor Glyphs - Feign Death, Revive Pet, <one of your choice> (Mend Pet and Scare beast are ideal here)

Explanation -
    -Picking up most of the utility and damage boosts to lower the cooldown of Aimed Shot, as well as proccing a bleed on its critical strike.
    -The cooldown of Disengage will be 16 seconds, instead of 25 seconds.
    -Pet's focus regeneration to maximise pet abilities, lower cast time on revive pet (if pet ever dies in arena, it's impossible to revive without the talent). Also gives you and your pet a bit of extra maximum health.
    -Buffing Chimera-Serpent damage with Serpent Sting's glyph.
    -It also buffs your snake trap and frost trap, allowing them to root the target for 4 seconds; great against melee.
    -Extends the duration of concussive shot; from 4 to 6 seconds. Great for chasing and kiting. It cannot be dispelled, however freedoms will clear the effect, which can sometimes guarantee a slow.
    -The reason for skipping Improved Arcane shot is because it does mediocre damage and 3 points are better spent elsewhere.
    -Skipping Deflection since Titanium Weapon Chain should be used against classes that disarm. You should not be in melee range often either.
    -Getting many auto shots will increase the overall procs of wild quiver, which is basically a free shot which ignores armor. Make sure to auto shot whilst you kite.
    -Useful in all scenarios
    -With endgame gear, you should have 144 hit without gemmings (4.39%, as seen above). Focused fire add 1%, bringing hit up to 5.39%; just over soft cap in PvP. You can shift the point from Focused aim elsewhere if you are already capped without it.
    -In Arena it is very beneficial if playing with a disc priest to use these talents. Whilst playing with a healer in Arenas, the Hunter's pet is his/her life. If it dies, it severely cripples the hunter until it is back again.

[center]*****************************************

Battleground extreme dps spec (made for full pve)

Glyphs
    Glyphs = Serpent Sting / Aimed Shot Aura / Trueshot Aura

Explanation of Glyphs and Talents
    -Taking Glyph of Trueshot Aura and Improved barrage will almost guarentee a crit. A BiS PvE hunter ends up with about 65-66% crit. Therefore 65+10+12=87% crit chance on Aimed Shot. This is devastating in Battlegrounds when you can ensure that Aimed Shots almost always crit; alongside a chimera and an auto shot you can one shot anything that is low resilience and still do some heavy damage to high resilience targets.
    -Going with every single damage increase we can find; we end up with improved Aspect of the Hawk. You should be able to get off plenty of Auto Shots in which will proc this. Our other option will give us health however, in full PvE you'll only get about 1.5k health max. The spec is extreme BG PvE so you must position correctly to make the most of it and not get one shotted.

DAMAGE xD

Full PvE Set
    The BiS PvE Hunter Dream Set (all heroic)

Full PvE 0 Resilience stats look like this

Pets!

A Hunter's pet brings many different playstyles to the player. It is important to consider the uniqueness of every pet to fit your playstyle!
    I will go over the important abilities of the most useful pets:

Crab: Charge, Intervene, Roar of Sacrifice, Pin, Last Stand, Blood of the Rhino

Charge: 1 second root. Pet also moves to target location (like Warrior's Charge).

Intervene: Intercepts the next range or melee attack against target casted. This is really useful against certain classes; you can really outplay people with this. It takes position and patience to use this effectively, but you will make some sick plays if you time it well!

Roar of Sacrifice: Makes you or an ally immune to crits for 12 seconds! Just think of all the damage you can avoid if used with good timing!

Pin: 4 second root. It can be dispelled and dodged so be careful with this; try to use it when the pet is behind your target to guarantee it.

Last stand: Temporarily grants your pet +30% hp. Useful when your pet is going to fatal damage,

Blood of the Rhino: inreases all healing done to your pet by 40%. Helps it stay alive longer.

How you should talent a Crab:

Ravager: Ravage, Roar of Recovery, Roar of Sacrifice

Ravage: 2 second stun. It is not dispellable.

Roar of recovery: restores 30% mana over 9 seconds.

Roar of Sacrifice: Makes you or an ally immune to crits for 12 seconds!

Bullheaded: Removes all cc from pet, as well as reducing the damage done to your pet by 20%. Basically a pet trinket and minor damage reduction.

How you should talent a Ravager:

The reason why I skip Cobra's Reflexes is that the pet actually loses DPS. The damage reduction is not worth the small attack speed! Additionally, why I don't take Roar of recovery is that I find bullheaded more valuable. Having a cc remover for the pet can do wonders such as stunning a caster after he cc's your pet! Most people don't expect your pet to come back after it's been cc'd. Surprise!

Wolf: Furious Howl, Call of the Wild, Charge, Heart of the Phoenix, Lick Your Wounds

Furious Howl: Increases your and your pet's melee and ranged attack power by 320 for 20 seconds, on a 40 second cooldown. This is huge! It scales off your trueshot aura so it is basically 352 attack power for 20 seoncds! Coupled with Call of the wild this can be seriously high attack power. That's not all! It also affects people in your group! You would be boosting the damage of many people from this.

Call of the wild: Grants 10% Melee and Range attack power to you and your pet, as well as your raid group for 20 seconds. Very strong ability.

Charge: 1 second root, pet charges target (like warrior charge).

Heart of the Phoenix: Pet comes back alive with 100% health after dying when activated. Very useful against people who kill pets.

Lick Your Wounds: Pet heals itself for 100% over 5 seconds. A massive heal over 5 seconds!

How you should talent a Wolf

There are many ways to spec a wolf. If you prefer raw damage over anything else, try this spec.

If you prefer more survival, go with this.

Remember to use your pet's bite/claw on autocast to maximise damage! Never have your pet's unique abilities on autocast! You will need to macro your pet abilities in order to keybind them. If you need help making macros, feel free to contact me in game by mail and I will do my best to help. Try not to be a clicker!

Macros

Macros are extremely useful! Here are some of the Macros that WILL help you.

Readiness Macro
    #showtooltip readiness
    /cast silencing shot
    /castsequence reset=3 Master's Call,nil
    /castsequence reset=3 Feign Death,nil
    /castsequence reset=3 Rapid Fire,nil
    /castsequence reset=3 Kill Command,nil
    /cast Readiness

What this will do is pop all your cooldowns that don't have global cooldown BEFORE Readiness. This means that you haven't wasted anything! You will have to cancel Deterrence with this, which I will link shortly. The macro makes sure that even if you press it more than twice, it will not use Master’s call, Feign death, Rapid Fire and Kill command again so that you don’t overlap.

Cancel Deterrence
    /cancelaura Deterrence

This macro is extremely useful. You don't always need to be in Deterrence for the full 5 seconds! Macro this with some of your shots if you like. I have it bounded with Kill Shot. If I am in Deterrence and a target is in Kill Shot Range, I can spam it to cancel it and get Kill Shot off!

Aspect Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] !aspect of the dragonhawk
    /cast [mod:alt] !aspect of the viper
    /cast [mod:ctrl] !aspect of the cheetah
    /cast [mod:shift] !aspect of the wild

This will help you aspect dance. Hunters have so many abilities! You should use modifiers to macro them all to 1 button.

Deterrence + Scare Beast Macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast Deterrence
    /cast Scare Beast(Rank 3)

This will cast scare beast whilst in Deterrence. Useful when you're in Deterrence against a Hunter. Remember to always be doing something!

Wing Clip+Raptor Strike Macro
    #showtooltip
    /cast wing clip
    /cast !Raptor Strike

This will use Raptor Strike on your next melee auto if you are using wing clip. A bit of free damage!

Auto Shot Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast Aimed Shot(Rank 9)
    /cast !Auto Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast Serpent Sting(rank 12)
    /cast !Auto Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast Chimera Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast Arcane Shot(Rank 11)
    /cast !Auto Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast Kill Shot(Rank 3)
    /cast !Auto Shot

Sometimes your Auto Shots stop working (bugged). These macros will ensure that your Auto Shots keep rolling. Pew Pew!

Silencing Shot Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Silencing Shot

Silences your Focus. Great for 2v2 Arena.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Silencing Shot

Silences your Mouseover. Great for overall use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena1] Silencing Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena2] Silencing Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena3] Silencing Shot

Silences Arena 1, 2, 3 for 3v3 Arena. It takes too long to use focus silence in 3v3, so this is better. You can also use this for 2v2 if you're more comfortable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Silencing shot
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Silencing Shot

Silences your target regularly if not holding Shift.
    Silences your focus if you hold Shift and press keybind.

Scatter Shot Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Scatter Shot

Scatters your Focus. Great for 2v2 Arena.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Scatter Shot

Scatters your Mouseover. Great for overall use.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena1] Scatter Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena2] Scatter Shot

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=arena3] Scatter Shot

Scatters Arena 1, 2, 3 for 3v3 Arena. It takes too long to use focus Scatter in 3v3, so this is better. You can also use this for 2v2 if you're more comfortable.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Scatter Shot
    /cast [mod:shift, target=focus] Scatter Shot

Scatters your target regularly if not holding Shift.
    Scatters your focus if you hold Shift and press keybind.

Master's Call Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=player] Master's Call

Master's Call on yourself only.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Master's Call

Master's Call on your Mouseover! Great for bgs if you want to help a healer out.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party1] Master's Call

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party2] Master's Call

Master's call on your Party members. Great for 2v2 and 3v3.

All non-freeze Traps in 1
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Frost trap
    /cast [mod:shift] Snake trap
    /cast [mod:alt] Immolation trap
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Explosive trap

You can change the modifiers to suit each trap you want. Hunters just need a ridiculous amount of Keybinds so this helps alot!

Roar of Sacrifice Macros
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=player] Roar of Sacrifice

Roar of Sacrifice on yourself.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party1] Roar of Sacrifice

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party2] Roar of Sacrifice

These two will use Roar of Sacrifice on your party 1 and 2 members. Great for 2v2 and 3v3.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Roar of Sacrifice

Casts Roar of Sacrifice on your Mouseover. Nice for Battlegrounds.

Pet Macros (So you don't have to click)
    /petfollow

Pet follows you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/petstay

Pet stays.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/petattack

Pet attacks target.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast dash

Pet casts Dash. Macro this to most of your shots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Charge

Pet casts Charge (Crab)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Last Stand

Crab casts Last Stand

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Ravage

Ravager stun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast furious howl
    /cast call of the wild

Wolf's Attack buff Macro

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Growl

Pet casts Growl. Good for eating Grounding totems and Spell Reflection.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Pin

Crab Pins target.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast Cower

Pet casts Cower.

#showtoolip
    /cast [target=player] intervene

Pet intervenes you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party1] intervene

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=party2] intervene

Intervene Party members.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] intervene

Intervenes your mouseover. Nice for battlegrounds.

You can of course use modifiers and focus macros for these pet abilities. Experiment as see what you're comfortable with! Simply type /cast <insert spell name> and keybind it.

General Tips, PvP Rotation and Priorities

The priority of shots depends on your opponent. Generally, you want Hunter's Mark and Serpent Sting to be applied before anything else before you start bursting. However it's not always possible if your target is getting cleansed or dispelled. If your target is receiving or going to receive heals, it's a great idea to start off with an Aimed shot. The damage from each shot from highest to lowest are as follows:

1) Kill shot OR Chimera Shot - The reason for this is that Chimera Shot is not affected by Armor; it deals nature damage
    2) Aimed shot
    3) Auto Shot or Arcane Shot (Depending on Target's Armor and your ArP)
    4) Silencing shot/Scatter Shot

Chimera shot should be used after your target has a Sting. While bursting, Serpent Sting has a higher priority before you start casting Chimera Shot, so always try to have it up before you start casting Chimera.

A Rotation prioritising Aimed shot may look like this:
    1)Hunter's Mark (With good latency this will increase Aimed's Damage as it hits, as well as your next auto shot)
    2) Aimed Shot
    3)Serpent Sting
    4)Chimera Shot
    5)Arcane Shot
    6) Up to you

Aimed shot will be up in about 1.5 seconds after this rotation.

What to do if Serpent/Mark dispelled?

-You could try to silence whoever is dispelling it, or CC them to prevent it from happening, however it is not always possible since you do not have infinite cc or silence.
    -You can ignore Hunter's Mark and go start for Chimera Shot if quicker damage is needed. Hunter's Mark accounts for 5% damage + an additional Ranged 500 Attack power. During longer fights Hunter's Mark is very valuable.

If the target is not receiving heals, then it's acceptable to burst with Chimera Shot right away.
    A Chimera burst may look like this:

1)Hunter's Mark
    2)Serpent Sting
    3)Chimera Shot
    4)Aimed Shot
    5)Arcane Shot

-The nice thing about this burst is that you can hit the target 3-4 times within a second, since Chimera Shot fires 2 shots, your auto shot and Aimed should will also go off very shortly after. If you include Silencing shot and the Engineering Pyro-rocket; that's 6 hits!
    -You may also add Steady shot before Chimera Shot to deal the most amount of damage possible within the window of burst time that you have.

The uses of Chimera Shot

-Chimera Shot has 3 uses.
    1)Damage
    2)Disarm
    3)Mana Return
    As mentioned before, always have a sting up before you Chimera. With Serpent Sting, you'll deal a second shot equal to 40% of your total duration of Serpent Sting (which is why Glyph of Serpent Sting is so valuable). With Scorpid Sting, you'll disarm the target's Main-hand Weapon for 10 seconds. The damage component should be very straightforward. The disarm is often overlooked by most Hunters. Look for good opportunities to disarm. Please don't neglect it! Used well, this gives you an insane advantage, such as disarming a Bladestorm, or a Death Knight (DKs usually get disarmed for 10 seconds).

In Battlegrounds when I go out of mana, I look for a target with high mana pool and use Aspect of the viper, Viper sting and then Chimera shot to gain back a lot of mana. Be careful that Viper sting doesn’t get dispelled though.

When should I silence?
    -Silencing Shot has huge flexibility when it comes to its use. It's a 3 second blanket silence on a 20 second cooldown, which is a fairly short cooldown for a silence.
    -Against Casters, using Silencing Shot is very situational. You should try to silence important spells OR use it to freely setup your burst before they can retalliate. For example, you'll burst regularly, using silencing shot early against a caster to ensure you land Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot before they can do anything.
    -You can also silence Warriors to prevent them from shouting. This means that a warrior will not be able to use his fear or slow if he is silenced. In a 1v1, you should use silencing shot when you feel he is going to try fear/slow you.
    -In all 1v1's, it's best to use silencing shot at some point, even if the target isnt affected by silence since it still deals 50% weapon damage.
    -In Arenas, choosing to Silence a Healer or DPS should also be considered. If you plan to CC a priest, it may be a good idea to Silence as use Scatter Shot, since some Priests will use Shadow Word: Death to break your Scatter. Look to Silence things that will best give you and your team the biggest advantages.
    -Silencing Shot has a diminishing returns with other silences, so try to negotiate silences with other players to ensure maximum advantage.
    -You can silence a Warlocks Succubus to remove Seduction on an ally.
    -You can silence a Death Knight to negate his spells for a short time.
    -You can silence another Hunter to stop him from casting traps (Can be used to prevent Scatter Traps).
    -If you see a large heal being casted and the target is low health, a silence would definitely ruin their chances.
    -Overall, Silencing Shot has so many uses. Experiment with it and capitalise on its utility. There is no perfect silence since there are many situations to deal with.

What to do with traps? When to trap?
    You have many traps. They are all useful! They are:

1)Frost Trap - lays at your feet
    2)Freezing Trap - lays at your feet
    3)Freezing Arrow - Skillshot
    4)Snake Trap - lays at your feet
    5)Explosive Trap - lays at your feet
    6)Immolation Trap - lays at your feet

-With the Hunter 4p PvP bonus, Traps should have a 28 second cooldown. In Battlegrounds, abuse the cooldown with Frost traps and Explosive Traps in tight areas.
    -Have an arming timer of 1.5 seconds (feels like a year) so be careful not to miss them.
    -Frost Trap, Freezing Trap, Freezing Arrow all share the same cooldown, so pick carefully which trap to use.
    -Snake Trap can be used against fears (snakes eat the fear instead of you sometimes).
    -You should always save a snake trap for melee when they get to you. You won't be on top of casters often, however you can use it around the pillar and bait people into it to root them.
    -With good latency, you can concussive shot and freezing arrow opponents. Make sure not to break your own trap with auto shot.

When should I kill shot?
    Obviously Kill Shot can be used when the target is 20%, however it doesn't always mean you should do it. There are a number of abilities that do very well to mitigate the effectiveness of Kill Shot. Such examples are: Warrior's Shield Block, Paladin's Hand of Protection, Intervene, Rogue's Cheat Death, Dispersion, etc. Sometimes it may be better to wait before Kill Shotting.

Tranquilizing Shot

-Dispels 1 Magic and Enrage Effect.
    -You can use this to dispel enrage effects such as Recklessness from Warriors! (Dispelling Enrage effects is a 100% chance)
    -You can dispel Hysteria from Blood Death Knights.
    -You can also use this to dispel Savage Roar from Feral Druids!
    -Sometimes you can even dispel Hand of Protection from Paladins! However, it is luck based.
    -You can use this as a filler (after your burst), so that you don't sit there doing nothing.
    -Use this if the target is under the effect of a soft cc (breaks on damage). Be careful not to break the cc with an auto shot.

Do I use Steady Shot?
    -Steady Shot has a 1.74 second cast time (without any haste or Rapid Fire).
    -You generally do not use Steady Shot often.
    -The only times you will be able to use it is when noone is targetting you.
    -You can perhaps use this in Battlegrounds and World PvP to add to your burst.
    -It does a bit less than an auto shot.
    -It procs bleed if it crits.
    -You can use it while your bursting shots are on cooldown IF you have the opportunity to do so. If not, reposition yourself and ignore Steady Shot.
    -It's not entirely useless, however you won't get much of a chance to use this.

Readiness
    Resets all your Hunter abilities. The icon of Marksmanship Hunters. We are the only Hunters who can Deterrence Twice!
    -Always look to use this offensively. I will post the readiness macro along with the macro list.
    -If however, you must use it defensively, do so.
    -Don't be afraid to use it! It does wonders for your offensive/defensive capabilities!
    -You should Readiness when an opponent is being pressured. Do it when you know for sure that they will die or at least use defensive cooldowns.
    -It has a global cooldown sadly.
    -Remember to keep things on cooldown to maximise it. It is rather hard to maximise though, when you have so many short cooldowns. You can skip most cooldowns if you really need to.

Aspect Dancing
    -You have a number of Aspects to play around with. The main ones are:
    1) Aspect of the Dragonhawk - 300 Ranged Attack Power, 18% dodge. Your main dps Aspect.
    2) Aspect of the Viper - Reduces damage done by 50%, Refunds 3% mana per shot as well as 4% mana every 3 seconds. Use this to recover mana. In large groups you can use this and Volley and almost instantly get full mana. Also procs off Tranquilizing shot (even if it doesn't deal damage).
    3) Aspect of the Cheetah - Increases speed by 30%, however if you get hit you'll be dazed. Useful if you know you won't get hit.
    4) Aspect of the Pack - Like Cheetah, except gives your whole raid 30% speed and dazes them if hit. Also known as Aspect of the Wipe. Troll with caution.
    5) Aspect of the Wild-Increases Nature Resistance by 130. You can use this to mitigate some nature damage such as Gargoyle Strike, Envenom, Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Chimera Shot, etc. However, most casters have Spell Penetration so it might not be as effective. It helps against Gargoyle though.
    6) Aspect of the Beast - Melee Attack Power increased by 10%, can't be tracked. Only somewhat useful against Hunters and Feral Druids. You rarely use this.

That's a lot of aspects, so I would recommend you have modifier macros for them. Hunters do use many keybinds.

-Aspects are on a separate global cooldown (1 second) from your shots.
    -Depending on the situation, changing aspects will benefit you greatly.
    -You cannot change Aspect if silenced; don't worry about it too much.

Scare Beast?

-Fears a beast for 10 seconds.
    -You can use this against other Hunter's pets! Whilst in Deterence, you can use this but be cautious if the enemy Hunter is Beast Mastery! They can make your fear useless.
    -You can fear Druids and Shamans while they are in Beast forms, however any decent player will avoid it very easily.

General Tips
    -Abuse your range! You can outrange everyone else.
    -Always have your Tracking to buff Improved Tracking (extra damage against players).

-You can Hunter's Mark Druids and Rogues from 100 yards rofl

-You can also use Hunter's Mark to cover up your Freezing Trap (useful against Warlock Felhunter, however it is luck whether he dispels Mark or Trap).

-Always be doing something! Make sure you're constantly doing something! Use your global cooldowns often, position yourself.

-Remember to get off as many auto shots as possible! Do this by pausing very briefly while you run. However, if you need to kite, do that instead of losing distance and getting caught.

-Readiness can be used both offensively and defensively. However, it should mostly be used offensively! A good offense is also a good defence.

-Abuse your racials! Your racials can help you so much (especially Night Elves). Combine your racials to maximise burst or live longer!

-Feign Death in large fights to avoid getting focused.

-Always pop random flares in Battlegrounds, even if you don't think you'll get anyone. Many times have I popped random Druids and Rogues with this. It only costs 100 mana.

-Don't use Disengage without reason.

-You have many abilities to stop casts. Silence / Feign Death / Deterrence / Scatter Shot / Pet Stun / Shadowmeld / Readiness and do it again!

-Don't Deterrence without reason.

-Abuse your professions as much as possible ESPECIALLY Engineering.

-Setup your gear to match the situation you are in. Don't go full PvE when you know you will get focused! Having multiples sets will help!

-Use as many cooldowns as you can before Readiness, so that you can maximise its benefits.

-If in melee range, you can wing clip to slow people. Always be doing something!

-Play with your pet as a team! You're not the only one; don't forget the pet! Treat it as another player. A Hunter's Pet in Arena is his/her life! Manage it often and carefully. Don't blindly send pets into a large fight; chances are it will die instantly.

-Practise Practise Practise!

-Be open to other classes, not just Hunter. You'll learn a lot just by simply playing alts in PvP since you'll figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each class, as well as their priorities and rotations. With that knowledge, you'll be able to react better when playing your Hunter.

-Confidence will help you play better. You have to be sure about your decisions playing Hunter. Get into a habit of questioning each global cooldown you do, even if it is trivial. Since Hunters don't really have a rotation (just priorities), this is what separates Hunters in terms of skill level - decision making.

Tricks

Some of these tricks I'm pretty sure most of you know. Hope it helps anyway.

Trap without Scatter (credits to Homerjay and Azk)
    As the title says, there is a way to Freezing arrow an opponent without the use of Scatter Shot. It requires good latency, perfect aim and perfect timing. With practise you can pull this off and really surprise enemies however sometimes it's safer not to do it if you think you will mess up. Nevertheless, here's what you need to do it.

Pet:Any pet with charge (preferably Crab).

Abilities: Charge, Concussive Shot (improved helps a lot), Freezing Arrow, Silencing Shot (if it's a Priest who deaths it).

Conditions: No more than what your Freezing Arrow exceeds (41 yards). Pet must also be able to Charge target. No freedoms on target.

Macros: Focus or mouseover Concussive Shot (focus is easier). Petattack+Charge Focus or mouseover.

#showtooltip
    /petattack [target=focus]
    /cast [target=focus] charge

OR

#showtooltip
    /petattack [target=mouseover]
    /cast [target=mouseover] charge

The Steps:
    1. Concussive Shot the Trap target.
    2. Shoot the Freezing Arrow at target location, or 1 yard to where it's going to be.
    3. Crab Charge the Target. Be careful not to break the trap with your own Auto Shot or Pet. Pet should recall as soon as target gets trapped unless you had /petattack on.
    4. Silencing Shot if it's a Priest to prevent Shadow Word Death.

Steps 2 and 3 are done at the same time. Try to get the Charge off earlier than the trap so that you know where the target is. The point is to not let your target move out of the Trap. Crab Pin is a 1 second root. The concussive Shot will slow them so they can't run out in time.

Here's what it looks like:

https://youtu.be/oQBr2zct8t4?t=1080

Fake Deterrence
    Might not be as useful as others, but it certainly helps. If you Deterrence, then Feign Death, the animation cancels. This might bait enemies into attacking you with Deterrence still on.

Disengage forward
    Simply turn your character 180 Degrees to disengage forward. Practise the angle over and over and you'll get it close to perfect.

Scare Beast forcing gcds from Druids/Shamans
    You can force Druids and Shamans to go out of form or use a cooldown so that they don't get feared. Many times have I forced Berserk and delayed Shamans in ghost wolf with this. Might even force wind shear if they panic.

Quick intervene
    This is useful when you don't have time to station your pet to intervene. Just Charge the target (considering it's at range), and quickly intervene yourself. Super fast.

Attempt to intervene Trap
    What this'll do is the pet will intervene your ally and stay there. You might eat a trap with this if your pet is on the right side. The intervene animation is very weird, as the pet does not go to the target it's supposed to. It just does a mini dash and comes back to you. You will need this macro for the pet to stay.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=<insert party member>] intervene
    /petstay

BUGS :'(

1. Crab intervene not always working
    2. Roar of Sacrifice not working on Critable DoTs. For example: You get Dotted by a Shadow priest before using Roar of sacrifice. Even if you do use Roar of sacrifice it will still crit you because you did not have roar of sacrifice at the time the dots were applied. Alternatively, If you get dotted at the last second of Roar of sacrifice, even if you do not have roar of sacrifice none of the dots will crit.

Duels

Here I will show you effective ways to improve your fights against particular classes. Note that things will change in many scenarios. As you duel more and more, you will have better experience in managing other players. I hope this will benefit you. It may be a long read but it will be worth your while.

Note: Out of respect for your opponent, please don't eat, run behind LoS (unless they do too) or use engineering belt/boots, potions.

Paladins
    Retribution Paladin
    Retribution Paladin - Difficulty 10/10 (Depending on gear and skill of Paladin)
    -Pet to choose: Ravager or Crab.
    -Talents: Disengage Specced
    -Gear to wear: extremely high burst. You will not kill him if he plays defensive; you will oom.
    -Remember to First Aid between traps (if he has no trinket).
    -You will most likely lose if he runs behind Line of Sight (for scared Paladins).

The tactic is to kill him in between Scatter Shot - Freezing Traps. You do this to manage range and freely dispel his Sacred Shield. Without Sacred Shield, he will take very high damage. He will most likely have a 2nd Hammer of Justice in 40 seconds, so if you get caught with it, you will most likely lose. Burst as hard as possible since he will not die if he has high resilience.

-Start the duel with a Scatter Shot, into a Freezing trap (don't break it obviously). If he trinkets any of this, this means you must survive until the next Scatter Trap. If he is close enough, use Deterrence to attempt to deflect a Hammer of Justice or Repentance. If using Crab, intervene yourself in case of Judgements.

-As soon as the Trap lands, Tranquilizing Shot him. Your aim here is to remove his Sacred Shield or some of his other buffs. Removing anything will help.

-A decent Retribution Paladin will use a one-hander and shield and wear high resilience to reduce your damage. You may even go oom fighting this.
    -If he does not trinket, you can proceed to Tranquilizing Shot two times (6 second cooldown with PvP hands). Remember to apply Hunter's Mark in between shots. Even if you do not dispel his Sacred Shield, you must begin nuking. Pop Rapid Fire and Start with Serpent Sting.

-Proceed to Chimera Shot and cover with silence (so that he can't dispel or freedom), followed by an Aimed Shot. By now you should have some range on him and are kiting.

-You mostly trinket the first Hammer of Justice.

-If he uses Divine protection, always attempt to dispel it.

-Remember to pull back your pet, as a Retribution Paladin can heal off it if he crits it. Don't let him.

-Lay some snake traps to root him, or at least poison him. This will reduce his chances of dispelling Serpent Sting. If you root him, you may force him to spam cleanse or even freedom.

-He will probably Repentance you when he gets within range. The first Deterrence is best used for this. Try to anticipate if he will do so and pop Deterrence. Even if he doesn't use it, you have delayed him. Repentance is 20 yards! That's about half your max range.

-If using ravager, stun him after he uses freedom. He will not trinket it since he needs it for later. If he does, he will most likely lose.

-Abuse your range as much as you can! I cannot stress this enough.

-Try not to Disengage before he uses Repentance. If you get caught after Disengage with Repentance, use Roar of Sacrifice on Hammer of Justice, or right before he's about to hit you. Remember, he can't heal if he doesn't crit!

-Silencing Shot should always cover Chimera Shot!

-Use Tranquilizing Shot often!

-If you have enough range, you can try to Feign Death and Mount away! Just make sure you call your pet back first. However, a good Paladin has a 30 yard Taunt so it isn't always possible.

-Use intervene often if using Crab.

-Go extremely hard when he has no Sacred Shield. It's your only opportunity to unload a huge burst before he puts it back up again. Even use Readiness to nuke!

-Any Paladin below 1200 Resilience will be manageable this way.

-If he stays with a Two-handed Weapon, he will take much more damage. You can even bait him into getting close to pull out his two-hander, however a good Retribution Paladin never leaves his shield.

-If he pops Avenging Wrath (aka. Wings), it's your opportunity to nuke him. Double silence and burst, along with Disengage. Just remember to dispel and pull your pet back often. Chances are, he will die.

Protection Paladin
    Protection Paladin - Difficulty 6/10
    -Similar Tactic to Retribution Paladins. Aim to Scatter Trap often. He has no Repentance, but a 30 second cooldown on Hammer of Justice, and is more durable than a Retribution. However, they lack self heals. You can wear higher Resilience against Prots since you don't have to worry about Repentance and self heals.

-If he slows you with Avenger's Shield, remember to use Master's call on yourself to remove it.

-Try to dispel Sacred Shield as you kite/burst.

-You can Disengage without worrying about Repentance here.

-Snake Traps will do wonders against Prots.

-Kite them to oblivion.

-Try to Deterrence Hammer of Justice.

Holy Paladin
    Holy Paladin - Difficulty 10/10

-They are insanely hard to kill. You must wear your highest damage gear.

-Dispel Sacred Shield as often as you can. Silencing Shot and burst hard if you do.

-Use a wolf or Ravager, since pin is almost worthless against Holy Paladin.

-You most likely won't kill them.

-You can't really rely on Freezing Traps since he can trinket easily and not be punished for it.

-Try to Deterrence Hammer of Justice.

-Snake Trap does well against them (Mind Numbing Poison, and many other poisons - He can't dispel Serpent Sting so easily).

-They don't die!

Warriors
    Arms Warrior
    Arms Warrior- Difficulty 6.5/10
    -Pets to choose: Ravager, Crab
    -Talents: Disengage Specced
    -Gear to wear: around 1200 Resilience. Also use Bauble of True Blood if possible.

-Out of respect, I don't outrange Warriors because it's extremely frustrating to be stuck in slow 24/7 trying to charge a Hunter at maximum range. I let them have their range to charge/intercept me to make it an interesting and enjoyable experience for the Warrior!

The Tactic here is to kill him in between his Charge/Intercept Cooldowns. You must kite extremely well. It's over if you get caught without cooldowns to get away. Some tips to help you:

-Pay attention to their Stances. They can can only charge in battle, intercept in berserker. No charge in Defensive Stance. Having the knowledge and anticipation can absolutely outplay warriors when you Deterrence a charge/intercept.

-Crab's Pin doesn't have a diminishing returns to entrapment, meaning you will get the full duration.
    -You can also Ravage on intercept
    -Crabs don't have Bullheaded, so if he fears the pet, it will be full duration. A Ravager can get out of the fear. I find the Ravager more useful because of this.

-No matter what racial you are, you should use your racial no matter what at some point in the duel. Try to capitalise on situations.
    -What do i trinket? Trinket his intercept stun if it comes before fear, don’t worry about fear too much. Trinket fear if he lands that first, but get ready to deterrence next intercept if possible.

-Do I use scatter shot? You can try to Scatter Shot them in the opener. With my latency (350-600 ms), I almost never get it off without using Feign Death or Shadowmeld. You can use it to create some distance. If you know exactly when his charge comes up, you can also Scatter mid charge (this requires luck and prediction) causing them to teleport back to where they started.

-You must never stop kiting

-Always start with snake trap. Why? Because it will proc [Entrapment], which snares him 4 for seconds. Also, most warriors will spell reflect because they expect a freezing trap, and pop spell reflect. However, you can’t reflect entrapment. Remember to jump around often because this can gain extra distance even after he's charged you. You will keep jumping as you fall from the stun. After the charge stun wears off, run away as quick as possible. If he’s already hit you with piercing howl, you don’t need to master’s call or DISENGAGE just yet, just keep gaining distance. However, if he chooses to intercept, you should trinket it because it’s probably going to be followed up by a big burst. This is where paying attention to stances is very useful. (start in berserker stance = likely intercept). If somehow you don’t know what stance he’s in, have your finger ready to push trinket in case he intercepts.

-Some of you may say, wow, what a waste of trinket, what if you get feared? Well, it’s possible that he fears you, but fear breaks on ANY damage, and is preventable by silence. [Silencing Shot] is also often overlooked since it seems like silence is useless to a warrior right? However, it’s not the case, since silence prevents shouts such as Commanding shout, Intimidating Shout, Piercing Howl, which gives you an ever better advantage when used in particular moments. It also does miniscule damage, but isn’t useless to use as burst either, however the utility of [silencing shot] may save your cooldowns which you need later.

-The second you get into range of shooting, do it, either apply scorpid sting and chimera shot to disarm him BEFORE the intercept and instant put serpent sting up. (Scorpid-chimera shot-Serpent Sting) Why do scorpid sting before intercept? This is because you can disarm him before the intercept which means if he does intercept he can’t do anything to you. The only thing he can do is pop defensive stance and go 1h shield and possibly disarm you. You can also choose to trinket the intercept and disengage and free dps kite while both charges are down, however you can expect the next charge be up in the next 10-15 seconds, so it may not be a good idea to readiness just yet (sometimes you can if you know you will get the kill.

-If he hasn’t got a [Rend] on you yet by this point you are in a pretty good place. If he does choose to charge [bladestorm] while your disengage is down, you can choose to pop Deterrence OR readiness disengage. A risky thing about Deterrence is that he can still hit you with sweeping strikes whilst in deterrence, so don’t pop Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack. On every [Bladestorm] you should pet cower and mend pet. Dead pet = no Master’s call = no freedom = extremely hard to kite. NOTE: rend = taste for blood = free overpower, every 6 seconds. If you Deterrence with a rend on, during Bladestorm, and have no frost trap, he’s going to get 2-3 Overpowers easily, and this can cost you the duel. If you’re dueling a Shadowmourne warrior, you can expect some 3k+ crits. Warriors aim to kill you by rend and overpower. They can’t kill you with much else (unless he gets a free Bladestorm). Your dodge and parry is quite useful. Dodging something like a rend or disarm is extremely disappointing to warriors. Warriors do indeed have alot of damage but they usually require 1-2 things to ramp up and setup their dps train. Delaying this will dramatically increase your survival and dps overall.

-Chimera shot on every cooldown possible, BUT make sure you have a sting up on the target, either scorpid or serpent. NOTE: scorpid disarm only works once per minute, so you should always revert to serpent sting afterwards. Chimera shot is extremely useful as it does very nice damage, as it isn’t affected by plate (it’s nature damage), and always dazes the target for 4 seconds (concussive barrage). The only time you would not use it first in your burst is when the warrior uses enraged regeneration. When he uses Enraged regeneration, you should Aimed shot to cut his heals by 50%, which will usually result in losing about 3-4k heals overall (which you should be doing anyway). Arcane shot is also useful as it also negates armor as it magic based damage, good to use during shield block.

-Do not use readiness on Shield wall unless you have to get away.

-Some warriors will chain their defensive cooldowns, but this is a good thing because you can easily outburst and outlast them. Shield block doesn’t really do much, as it only absorbs auto shots, aimed shot, silencing shot and pet hits, which really don’t add up to a massive amount.

-If he pops recklessness, try to dish out as much damage as possible; he takes an extra 20%

Protection Warrior
    Protection Warrior - Difficulty 7.5/10
    Pets to use: Ravager, Crab
    Talents: Disengage Spec/Arena spec
    Gear to use: Very High Resilience, with Stun reduction Meta Gem

Protection Warriors generally go with extremely low Resilience and try to oneshot you in a stun like a rogue would. You should wear around 1400 Resilience to not get one-shotted. Also wear any defensive trinkets that you have. With such low resilience, he will still take very high damage from you. If, however he is high resilience, then he will lack the damage to kill you. Some tips to help you against Protection warriors are:

-Trinket the first stun (if he has low resilience). You must also silence his fear. If he manages to get a fear to reset his stun timers, you will most likely lose.

-You must never stop kiting.

-The tactic here is to kill him in between charges.

-Chimera Shot will always deal full damage. Use it often.

-Don't disarm Prot warriors, since they can still use Shield Slam and Devastate whilst Disarmed.

-A Ravager Stun should be used from behind. Protection warriors have decent avoidance.

-If you do use a Ravager, be aware how easy it is to be killed by 1 revenge and shockwave.

-A Crab Pin should be used from behind.

-Nuke them if they use Recklessness (they may use this in the beginning, so it's not always possible).

-Warrior opening with Recklessness = eager to charge. Deterrence!

-If he Shield Walls, continue to kite and burst normally, but don't use readiness during wall. You must use Readiness before or after.

-Always face him to try dodge disarm and other hits.

-Remember that Intercept reduces the duration of his next Shockwave/Concussive Blow (Diminishing Returns).

-Prioritise Chimera Shot since it ignores Armor.

-If he pops all defensive cooldowns at once, chill and kite them. You will be able to kill him next burst as soon as they drop.

-Use Roar of Sacrifice as soon as he charges. This will be when they do the most damage to you during stun.

-The order of highest to lowest damaging shots are as follows : Chimera Shot >Arcane Shot>Kill Shot>Aimed Shot.
    As you can see Aimed shot is last because it hits like a wet noodle (lucky to score a 2k+ crit). Make sure you get off as many Chimera Shots as possible!

-Prot Warriors have a lot more cc, which stops you from getting off your burst. You will not win if you eat a lot of cc.

-Overall, Prot warriors will be very manageable if you survive long enough.

Fury Warrior
    Fury Warriors - Difficulty 0.1/10
    Pets to use: Any
    Gear to wear: Moderate Resilience
    Talents: Disengage Spec/Arena Spec

-They will only be able to deal damage to you in intercept. They also have only one charge and one intercept. They take alot more damage than other warriors.
    -After two intercepts, he has nothing to catch you with.
    -Unless there's a huge gear difference, you will win very easily.

-He will most likely start with Intercept. He cannot charge in combat as Fury.

-You should trinket the Intercept and Scatter Shot him

-Proceed to nuke

-He will most likely use Heroic Fury (resets cd of Intercept)

-Pop Deterrence very early to try and deflect this. If he doesn't Intercept, it's okay.

-After the 2nd Intercept, he has nothing left but defensive cooldowns.

-Kite to death.

The general tip against Warriors is to kill them in between their charge/intercept cooldowns, when you can freely kite and DPS.

Rogue
    Subtlety Rogue
    Subtlety Rogue - Difficulty 9/10
    Pets to use: Crab, Ravager (mostly crab).
    Gear to wear: Maximum Resilience, Stun reduction Meta Gem

Subtlety Rogues will try to kill you during Shadow Dance. They will try to force you to trinket and then blind you, then come back again to finish you off. You cannot let him do this. You will have already lost the duel if you get Blinded after trinket. They will Shadowstep after you Disengage, so you can't escape them. They will also Dismantle you. Subtlety Rogues do very well against Hunters because of their insane control. If he gets away with Vanish after you trinket, you are DEAD. Some tips to help you with Subtlety Rogues.

-Do not start dismounted. Any good Rogue should sap your pet (to prevent roar of sacrifice) and Shadow Dance to Cheap Shot you on your Flare.

-Don't pre-trap; they'll disarm the trap.

-If you try to volley, your pet will be exposed to sap.

-If you're a night elf, use Shadowmeld and hope he Shadowsteps the pet.

-As soon as the Rogue opens, dismount and use Roar of Sacrifice, even if he hasn't used Shadow dance. His procs will have come up and these along can take you dangerously low.

-You must eat the first Kidney Shot if he disarms you before Kidney. You will not be able to Deterrence if you are disarmed by a Rogue.

-If he hasn't Disarmed you on Kidney, then you may take the risk to trinket it. Chances are, he will be so eager to blind you, you can pop Deterrence instantly and hope to deflect it. Make sure you have a flare the second he vanishes. Also use Disengage with Deterrence. Intervene yourself with Crab as Deterrence ends.

-If you happen to survive until now, good job, you're halfway there.

-The Rogue will have used Evasion and possibly cloak by now. Try your luck and Scatter Shot him. You must also Snake Trap after the Scatter to anticipate his trinket. Scatter Shot can be used at melee range!

-Begin to nuke him. Rogues generally don't wear very high Resilience or else they will lack damage. If you do know the rogue lacks damage, you can easily eat the first kidney.

-They're faster than you with Sprint, so you have to slow them as well as get away.

-If he doesn't blind you on Deterrence, hope that he blinds while you have Intervene up. If this happens, congratulations, he has no more cc to catch you with (except vanishing with preparation).

-If possible, don't Disengage before Shadowstep. Rogues will always get the opener if they're any decent, since they can just run in with Shadow Dance and Cheap shot you. However, there are some times that you just can't get away.

-Master's call his slow very early.

-Don't be afraid to readiness, but make sure you trade Disengage for Shadowstep. The longer the duel lasts, the less chance you have to win.

-Overall, Rogues should be able to kill Hunters, even if both play perfectly, since the Rogue doesn't have to outplay the Hunter as much.

Combat Rogue
    Combat Rogue - Difficulty 2/10
    Pet to use: Crab, Ravager (mostly crab)
    Gear to use: High Resilience, Stun reduction Meta Gem

The tactic here is to stay close to your pet so that he can't solo you with Killing Spree. Combat rarely gets an opener because it lacks Shadow Dance (meaning no Cheap Shot). Here's some tips to help you against Combat Rogues:

-You are able to dismount now since he cannot rush in with Shadow Dance to stun you.

-Make sure your pet is close to the middle of flare so that he can't freely sap

-Volley all around and hope to catch him. If you do, you probably will get his vanish or destroy him with the opener.

-Stay close to your pet.

-Trinket blind only

-They should never build enough combo points to get a full kidney on you if you Deterrence as soon as he gets onto you.

-Once you see him, Scatter Shot him and apply Serpent Sting into a Chimera. Rogues don't heal, so you don't have to worry about Aimed Shot.

-Combat Rogues need to wear low resilience to kill you, however even then they can't really do so unless you're alone with no trinket; which should NEVER happen!

-He has no Shadowstep!

-they only have 1 Vanish (no Preparation). Make sure you catch them!

-Overall, Combat Rogues are very easy, since you're never alone without trinket.

Assassination Rogue
    Assassination Rogue - Difficulty 4/10
    Pets to use: Ravager, Crab
    Gear: High Resilience, Stun Reduction Meta Gem

Similar to Combat Rogues, except they have preparation and a reliable slow. However, they're very easy to catch. They can only get you with a cheap shot if they sprint into flare and ignore your pet. An Assassination Rogue will try force all your cooldowns and then kill you once you've run out of cooldowns to escape. Here are some tips to help against Assassination Rogues:

-You are able to dismount now since he cannot rush in with Shadow Dance to stun you.

-Make sure your pet is close to the middle of flare so that he can't freely sap

-Volley all around and hope to catch him. If you do, you probably will get his vanish or destroy him with the opener.

-Stay close to your pet.

-Use your Racial always.

-Disengage freely! He doesn't have Shadowstep!

--Trinket the first kidney (if deadly poison is up)

-If he decides to stop attacking you after trinket, it means he's waiting for deadly poison to fall off to blind you. Deterrence as soon as you see this.

-Once you see him, Scatter Shot him and apply Serpent Sting into a Chimera. Rogues don't heal, so you don't have to worry about Aimed Shot.

-They have 2 vanishes and 2 sprints, so they are harder to catch but often reveal themselves trying to open you.

-Don't worry about Scatter Shot, they will trinket it anyway. As soon as you're free, use snake trap, explosive trap and frost trap.

-Play around your traps as mentioned. This means he will not be able to vanish on this area, meaning you can flare other locations to cover up more ground.

-Overall, Assassination rogues are very easy to deal with since they lack Shadow Dance and Shadowstep. They also don't have very impress control either, since their poisons apply a DoT.

Hunter
    Beast Mastery
    Beast Mastery Hunter - 6/10
    Pet to use: Crab, Ravager
    Gear to use: High Resilience, with defensive trinket (preferably Corroded Skeleton Key)
    Talents: Battleground Talents/DPS spec

A Beast Mastery Hunter lacks alot of utility. The only thing they have going for them is a cc immunity and a pet stun. You can easily outlast them with 2 Deterrences, however, pets seem to attack you through deterrence (this is a bug). A Beast Mastery Hunter will try to pop all their cooldowns in hopes of nuking you. You must avoid this to win. Here are some tips to help against Beast Mastery Hunters.

-Don't bother fearing his pet.

-Lay down a Freezing trap at the beginning. This will force him to use Bestial Wrath if his pet gets Frozen. Even if you don't trap the pet, forcing Bestial wrath is halfway to killing a Beast Mastery Hunter.

-Use Chimera Shot Burst, don't worry about Aimed Shot (Unless he is Draenei with Bauble of True Blood)

-Trinket the Intimidation Stun (pet stun).

-Deterrence Bestial Wrath

-Disengage often to create distance between them and their pet (BM Hunters only have 35 yards of range!)

-Since you're wearing higher Resilience, you won't die in 3 seconds.

-Use roar of Sacrifice as soon as you take damage.

-If he pops Deterrence, know that they will have nothing after it goes down. He has no readiness.

-Finish them after Deterrence.

-The trick here is to survive until after Bestial Wrath, Intimidation (pet stun) and Deterrence.

Survival
    Survival Hunter - Difficulty 2/10
    Pet to use: Crab, Ravager
    Gear to use: High Resilience, Defensive Trinkets
    Talents to use: Battleground spec/DPS SPEC

Very Similar to Beast Mastery Hunters, except they don't rely on pets. They are easier to cc and easier to kill than Beast Mastery. Here's some tips to help against Survival Hunters.

-Know that he only has 1 Deterrence. Force them to use it early, then finish them later.

-They have no readiness for double burst.

-They have weaker pets.

-Trinket the first cc.

-Roar of Sacrifice as soon as you take damage.

-You can Deterrence explosive shot ticks!

-Run alot, to avoid traps.

-Not much to say here, because they are very easy to kill.

Marksmanship

Marksmanship Hunter - Difficulty 0-10/10 (depends on skill of the Hunter)
    Pet to use: Crab, Ravager (Crab Highly Recommended)
    Gear: Very high resilience
    Talents: Battleground/DPS Spec

By now you should know what Marksmanship Hunters have! You're fighting your own spec. Using High resilience will help you not get 1 shotted. Marksmanship Hunter mirrors are very interesting, and involves outplaying your opponent. From experience, this works best for me! Here you go:

-The opener is extremely important. If you fail to take the advantage of an opener, you will be far behind.

-Look at his pet. If he's using Crab, expect an intervene at some point. If using Ravager, expect a stun at some point.

-There are a few ways to ensure an open. The most popular is to intervene yourself with crab, feign death, and scatter shot the other hunter. They will trinket. If they don't, they lost.

-Very important: A Night Elf can Shadowmeld a shot right before it lands, making it disappear!

-Serpent Sting immediately. Check to see if the Hunter has used Deterrence. Good Hunters will Pre-Deterrence to try and make you miss it.

-If you do manage to apply Serpent Sting, quickly follow it up with Chimera Shot. Be careful of Deterrence though.

-During Deterrence you can still use traps and Hunter's Mark! Always do something!

-You can also use scare beast in Deterrence, however, a Ravager can stun you through Deterrence (bugged), and just use Bullheaded if the Hunter is any decent. You can freely fear a Crab though.

-If the other Hunter does the same, you MUST break the intervene with Silencing Shot. It has no global cooldown and is fast.

-You must Trinket the first cc, which is usually scatter. You should never get trapped.

-The tactic is to unload as much damage as possible, and Deterrence and wait for another burst, whilst avoiding damage and cc yourself.

-The duel won't last longer than a minutes, so Disengage spec isn't really worth it.

-Messing up the opener will get you 1 burst behind. You will not catch up.

-Using Roar of Sacrifice will help you live longer if used between Deterrence timers.

-Don't be afraid to use Readiness! If you hold onto it too long, you'll end up using it too late! Remember that it has a global cooldown.

-A defensive trinket is usually better than an offensive one, since Hunters don't have any self heals (apart from Draenei).

-Overall, Hunter vs Hunter is basically a Hit and Run tactic. They are very fun!

Druid
    Feral
    Feral Druid - Difficulty 6.5/10
    Pets: Crab, Ravager
    Gear: Moderate Resilience (1200)

The tactic here is to play in your flare. Lay a Freezing Trap and stand on top of it. Ferals rarely ever get a pounce opener on you with flare. If they stay in cat form they take alot of damage. If they trinket the trap, you get a free scatter shot - 4 seconds to get distance. Hold onto Master's call until later. Silence on the opener so that he cannot barkskin. Use Chimera Burst since they won't have time to heal.

To beat a Hunter, the Feral has to go all in and try to Berserk bleed the Hunter to death.
    Some general tips to help against Ferals:

-Always Flare and Freezing Trap. Really good Ferals will try hit you from max melee range to avoid the trap. Simply scatter shot them if this happens and start Bursting. Lay down a Snake Trap immediately as you kite away; don't worry about the freezing trap anymore.

-Silencing Shot prevents Barkskin. You can use this to your advantage when you have procs.

-Ferals run extremely fast with Dash, it's a good idea to snake trap when you see them run at you.

-Don't Disengage unless he Charges. If you really have to, make sure you have Readiness for another Disengage.

-Trinket Maim or Bash

-If you are Night Elf, you can Shadowmeld as they spam Charge. They'll Charge the pet instead. Requires luck and good timing.

-You can also scatter shot charge with Readiness.

-Tranquilizing Shot can dispel his buffs. Dispelling anything but Thorns would be beneficial.

-Use Roar of Sacrifice when they stick to you. Usually after charge.

-Save a Snake Trap for Charge.

-You can try to Scare Beast but the chances if it actually working is very small. I only use this to bait Bear Form Charge or make them leave cat form so that I can burst.

-With Line of Sight, it is much harder if the Feral is a scared cat.

-You can Deterrence his Charge if you anticipate it. It's better to deflect their utility rather than damage, since Ferals hit with almost everything through Deterrence (bugged).

Balance
    Balance Druid - Difficulty 7-8/10
    Pet: Ravager
    Gear: Moderate Resilience
    Talents: Battleground spec/DPS spec

The tactic here is to kill them before they kill you. Balance Druids try to kill you with Starfall. It is very important that you do not let them get off a free Starfall. You must delay them for as long as possible; using your Silence and Stun to control them. If they ever leave Moonkin form to heal in human form, this is when they will take the most damage. Take advantage of it! Some advice against Balance Druids.

-You will lose if they run behind Line of Sight and never come out.

-They want to pop Starfall and spam DoTs to kill you.

-They are much more tanky in Moonkin Form. Forcing them to heal will make them much squishier since they have to go to human form.

-If they start the duel in cat stealth, be ready for a hardcasted Cyclone. If they somehow get it, you must trinket and begin bursting with Aimed Shot.

-A good Balance Druid will wear maximum Resilience against you, and try to outheal your damage with HoTs.

-As soon as you see them, use Silencing Shot immediately, UNLESS they have already used Starfall.

-Use Roar of Sacrifice when you see Starfall.

-Pet stun during Starfall or when they are out of form.

-Trinket the first cc.

-You can try to Disengage and outrange Starfall, however you might risk leaving the duel zone. You can max range them in world pvp.

-Night Elf Druids can use Starfall and Shadowmeld. You won't be able to see yourself taking damage from Starfall, so always be sure to Flare them if they do this.

-You can also start with a Scatter Shot when you see them (if they are close enough). Most of them will trinket this so it's best to just Silence and nuke straight away.

-Use cower (pet ability) on Starfall. Don't let your pet die!

-Don't stack with your pet on Starfall. Starfall does splash damage.

-Deterrence against Starfall also works well.

Restoration
    Restoration Druids
    Pets: Wolf, Ravager
    Gear: Maximum Damage/PvE
    Talents: Maximum Damage

You generally don't kill Druids if they pre-heal themselves before the duel. With high enough Resilience they will never die to you. The only way to kill them is to wear maximum damage gear, and nuke them before your second Rapid Fire ends.

-If they start with Cat Form, this is good since they won't have as many HoTs up.

-Scatter Shot and Freezing Arrow immediately. Tranquilizing Shot and Hunter's Mark if they don't trinket.

-If they do trinket, go straight to Aimed Shot.

-Abolish poison does well against you, so try to use Snake Trap to cover up your Serpent Sting.

-Rapid Fire immediately when you start your Damage.

-Silencing Shot very early so that they can't bank their HoTs. Once they get full HoTs it is almost impossible to win.

-NUKE

Warlock
    Destruction
    Destruction Warlock - Difficulty 7-10 /10 (depending on Warlock's Skill).
    Gear: High Resilience+defensive trinket
    Talents: Battleground/DPS

These duels can either go very well, or very bad. You either 1 shot them or they 1 shot you. Warlocks have EXTREMELY high burst. The duel will end quickly. A Warlock who uses Succubus is the hardest to kill. You must use Roar of Sacrifice as soon as you can expect their damage. It takes 3-4 hits to kill you. You must avoid all the cc you can. One mess up and you will lose. Some advice against Destruction Warlocks:

-Pay attention to their portal. Don't run into it.

-Don't follow them if they port behind Line of Sight.

-If the Warlock starts the duel around LoS, you must also use LoS to your advantage. Lay down explosive trap and snake trap and try to bait them into running into it.

-Pay attention to the Succubus. Most Warlock will try to use Seduction immediately as the duel starts. You do not trinket this.

-Another way Warlocks open in duels is to use Shadowfury. You don't trinket this either.

-At some point, the Warlock will use Death Coil. It's very slow, so you can manage to Shadowmeld this if you are at decent range with good latency. They tend to use Death Coil when they feel pressured or if they know you have no trinket (which you should always save until Coil.

-An effective tactic to counter all their openers is to use Deterrence right in the beginning. Whilst in Deterrence, send your pet to attack and Flare their location to try and reveal the Succubus. Also drop a Snake Trap. Once you're in combat (sending pet to attack, or Succubus tries to seduce you), use disengage to create some Distance

-You must not be very close to a Warlock. Some Warlocks will hit you with Shadowfury and cast Howl of Terror.

-If you see the Succubus casting Seduction and you have no Deterrence, use Feign Death if available. On openers, Warlocks usually take a bit of time to re-send their Succubus pet to you, so this can buy you some valuable time to do what you need.

-Some Warlocks will be too eager to open on you, and use a Shadowfury on your Deterrence - which you will deflect! If they start casting Chaos Bolt, simply Feign Death this.

-You should also cancel Deterrence once you figure out where everything is and begin Bursting with Silencing Shot.

-You can use your Ravager to stun the Succubus if you get caught with Seduction.

-Good Warlocks will fear your pet. This is why you need the pet talent "Bullheaded".

-Readiness early to nuke them. You may even double silence them to force Death Coil.

-Avoid immolate like the plague.

-Get Aimed Shot off before he can use Death Coil and Fel Healthstone.

-Pressuring a Warlock will force Death Coil.

-Trinket Death Coil only.

-If they manage to Fear you, you've probably lost.

-You may try to scatter if you cannot stop an important cast

-Scatter Shot in the beginning without Deterrence leaves you exposed to a free Seduction.

-Defensive Trinkets are better since you have no self heal. Corroded Skeleton Key works very nicely.

The key to winning a Destruction Warlock is to dodge as much burst as possible, whilst doing your own. You will eat some damage, so high resilience is necessary since you can literally die in 3 spells if you have low resilience.

Affliction
    Destruction Warlock - Difficulty 6.5 /10
    Gear: High Resilience+defensive trinket
    Talents: Battleground/DPS

Affliction is easier to kill than Destruction, since it lacks the cc the Destruction has. It also takes longer to kill you. However, don't take Affliction lightly, since it can still mess you up if you let them cast freely. They will try to kill you with DoTs. Don't get close to Affliction Warlocks because they have an instant Howl of Terror. You should always be around 20+ yards distance. Silence them early and apply Aimed Shot. Some tips against Affliction:

-Their only cc abilities are Fear, Howl of Terror, and Death Coil.

-Some Afflictions may use Succubus. If you see this, it means that they will try to spam seduce on you and hope to DoT you. Save Ravager stun for when you see them cast Unstable Affliction.

-If you avoid Unstable Affliction, he can only have 1-2 DoTs up on you. This isn't enough to kill you.

-Outranging Fear is very good against Affliction. A good range to stay at is 30 yards.

-Nuke them to force Death Coil.

-Use your defensive trinkets if you need to.

-Readiness after you complete your first burst. Burst again. NUKE!

-Trinket Death Coil. Make sure to have something for their next cast since some Warlocks like to spam casts while you are in Coil. If Night Elf, Shadowmelding Death Coil really ruins their day.

-They wont can't drain life until they have full DoTs on you, so don't worry too much about their healing. They will only heal a decent amount from Death Coil and Fel Healthstone. With Aimed Shot, they will heal much less.

-If they use a Felhunter Pet, you should Hunter's Mark before you Silence because they can dispel it. Easier to deal with than Succubus.

-If they use a Voidwalker, it's a DPS race which you should win.

Don't get Feared. Avoid Unstable Affliction. Very Manageable.

Demonology
    Demonology Warlock - Difficulty 5/10
    Gear: Moderate Resilience, defensive trinket

Demonology Warlocks will pop all cooldowns in the beginning. They have a different pet than all the other specs. The pet intercepts you, stunning you for 3 seconds. They are generally pretty easy to manage. They will try to enter your Melee range however they shouldn't be able to do so if you Disengage. Tips against Demonology:

-It's a good idea to Snake Trap, as they will probably charge you with Metamorphosis. Warlocks have no way to remove snares and slows other than teleporting.

-Silence early to get ahead

-Don't save Readiness! Nuke them!

-They're a bit more tanky than other specs

-Avoid immolate as much as possible

-Trinket Death Coil.

Death Knight
    Blood
    Blood Death Kinght - Difficulty 6/10
    Pets: Crab, Ravager

Blood Death knights heal alot, but your Aimed Shot ruins most of their healing. They are very manageable since they don't have any strong pets and don't deal impressive damage either unless full PvE.

-Start with Feign Death into Serpent Sting and Aimed Shot. You should also Silence to prevent Chains of ice. Make sure to get off Chimera Shot during your silence, as Anti Magic Shell absorbs it (he can't AMS while silenced).

-Entrapment procs through Anti magic shell!

-Pay attention to his presence. Blood/Unholy Presence takes way more damage.

-Don't Disengage unless you really have to. Expect a Death Grip if you do. You can try to Deterrence to deflect it. If you successfully do so, you are at a huge advantage

-You generally kite Blood Death Knights to oblivion.

-Be aware of your pet. Some Death Knights like to heal off pets, or kill it and perma-slow you.

-You can dispel Hysteria with Tranquilizing Shot!

-Using Frost Trap and kiting around it will make it easier to run.

-Hold onto Master's Call until the last moment before they reach you.

-Don't Readiness unless you know you can get a kill.[/color]

Frost
    Frost Death Knight - Difficulty 7/10
    Pets: Ravager, Crab (usually Crab)

Frost Death Knight deal high frost damage. They mostly have to be in melee range to do this. They aren't pet reliant, so you only have to worry about one target. Very manageable as long as you stay out of melee range. Some tips against Frost Death Knights:

-Some Frost Death Knights will try to kill your pet instantly. If this happens, you will be stuck in slows forever since you cannot Master's call. Don't let this happen. The Crab has more defensive stats than a Ravager. Your pet is alive mainly to give you Master's Call here.

-Start with Entrapment and Silence with burst very early to be ahead.

-You can force Death Grip if you kite well. If you do get gripped, use Disengage.

-Make sure you don't Chimera Shot on Anti-magic Shell.

-Disarming a Frost Death Knight is effective.

-They don't heal much unless they get to Death Strike something. Pull the pet back if they try to Death Strike your pet!

-Trinket Hungering Cold.

-Hold onto Master's call for as long as you can; it's extremely valuable.

-Readiness can force Death Grip if you pressure enough.

-Try to predict Death Grips and use Deterrence to deflect it!

Unholy
    Unholy Death Knight - Difficulty 8-10/10 (depending on skill/gear of Death Kinght)
    Pets: Ravager, Crab (usually Crab)

Unholy Death Knights are harder to deal with than the other two specs. This is because they are very durable and deal DoT damage, as well as having pets. An Unholy Death Knight will try to outlast you with their diseases and pets. You need to finish them as quickly as possible. They have many defensive cooldowns so this isn't always easy. A good Unholy Death Knight will wear maximum Resilience with defensive trinkets and try to outlast you with DoTs and Pets. Some advice against Unholy Death Knights:

-Every bit of distance helps!

-Pay attention to the Ghoul Pet. It can stun you for 3 seconds. Trinket this stun.

-Pay attention to their Runic Power. If it is 60 or over, you can expect a Gargoyle to come out. If it's 20, Anti-magic Shell is available.

-Never Chimera Shot on Anti Magic Shell! You have to Silence before you do it! If you feed them Runic Power, you've just wasted your burst as well as helped them!

-Try to Deterrence Death Grip by pressuring them.

-Anti-Magic Zone absorbs 75% of all magic. If they stay inside it, take the opportunity to get more distance.

-You can Feign Death or Shadowmeld to make their pets stop attacking you. They could always just send them back to you though.

-If you have Freezing Arrow for Gargoyle, do it.

-Kill them as quickly as possible whilst you still have your cooldowns.

-Remember to keep Aimed Shot up! Especially before Death Pact!

-With Frost Presence and full defensive gear, Unholy does very well against Hunters since it just needs to outlast with DoTs and pets.

-They will spam Chains of ice. You should Snake Trap or Frost Trap before they get to you.

-Don't let your pet die!

-Don't let them heal off your pet with Death Strike!
    Most Unholy Death Knights are manageable except the ones that build an anti-hunter Set. They can have up to 45k Health in Frost Presence with maximum Resilience to tank your damage.

Mage

Fire
    Fire Mage - Difficulty 6.5/10
    Gear: High Resilience, Defensive Trinket, Titanium Weapon Chain

Fire mages are very squishy but have very high burst potential. They will rarely Polymorph you if you dodge well. They will try to Dragon's Breath you and nuke you. If you stop or survive this, they will have nothing to kill you with. Very manageable overall. Here are some tips against Fire Mages:

-Remember they only have 1 iceblock. If you can force this quickly, you can finish them off later.

-Living Bomb usually means they don't want to Polymorph you. They are going for straight damage.

-You can get disarmed by them if you shoot them. This is why you need Titanium Weapon Chain.

-Your damage will be fine; it's better to go with higher Resilience and defensive trinkets to survive for as long as possible.

-Silence early to ensure you get the upper hand.

-Trinket Dragon's Breath.

-If your Ravager gets cc'd, use Bullheaded. A pet stun will buy you plenty of time to do things. You can use it to force Blink!

-Use Roar of Sacrifice as soon as you start taking damage. This will prevent them from getting their proc (They need 2 crits in a row). This will set them back alot.

-Readiness Disengage is useful if you can't escape blink.

-If you get frost nova'd in melee range, you can scatter shot to stop casts.

-Kiting them means less chance of getting caught.

Arcane
    Arcane- Difficulty 3/10
    Gear: High Resilience, Defensive Trinket

Arcane Mages have the highest single target nuke in game. Don't worry about this though, as it takes time to build up the procs. They have little defense so it's quite easy to kill them. Just don't let them freecast and you'll be fine.
    Tips against Arcane Mage:

-Presence of Mind < Their next spell is instant. This can either be a Polymorph or an Arcane Blast. If they Polymorph you, you should trinket it immediately. They have nothing other than Polymorph to hard cc you.

-Silence them immediately and burst. You will easily gain the advantage here.

-Feign Death any cast you can.

-They only have one iceblock. It's best to force them to use it with readiness burst.

-Master's Call when they slow you.

-Ravage Stun to force blink, then Disengage away will mean iceblock or a dead mage.

-Don't let them reset the fight.

-If they try to polymorph you and kill your pet, trinket the Polymorph.

Frost
    Frost- Difficulty 1-8/10 (depending on skill of Mage)
    Pet: Ravager, Wolf (with Heart of the Phoenix)
    Gear: High Resilience, Defensive Trinket

Frost Mages are the most durable of Mages. They have better control with Deep Freeze and almost infinite slows. A Frost Mage will try to cast whilst being in your Melee zone. You must kite them extremely well. You must time your Master's Call perfectly so that they don't catch you. They have two Iceblocks and root you often. Some tips to help against Frost Mages.

-They want to stand in your melee zone. If they manage to catch you, Frost Trap and Snake Trap do very well against Mages.

-Don't Disengage for no reason. They will blink right after you and you won't escape without using another cooldown.

-Some Mages like to polymorph you and kill your pet. The moment your pet dies, it's probably over for you (no Master's call).

-Watch their procs. If you see Fingers of Frost (next spell acts if target is frozen), you can expect a Deep freeze. Try to Deterrence this to deflect it or buy time.

-Rapid Fire and Silence early.

-They will most likely pet nova and Deep Freeze you immediately. You can Deterrence, Silence or Master's Call to prevent this.

-You must survive until the Mage is out of cooldowns. Spread your cooldowns out and pressure them hard.

-If with Ravager, try to force blink. If with wolf, sit a full poly and let them kill your pet. Use Heart of the Phoenix if they somehow manage to kill your pet.

-Good Mages will try to survive for as long as possible, and wait for Deep Freeze to come up again. They might use Cold Snap after diminishing Returns to Deep you again, so you have to make quick work of them before they get what they want.

-Readiness after Iceblock to nuke destroys Mages.

-You must dodge Polymorph and Deep freeze as much as you can. You can do this by Silencing, Feign Death, Deterrence, Shadowmeld, Ravage (pet stun), Master's Call (only for Frost Nova).

-If you see the Water Elemental, expect a pet frost nova followed by a Deep Freeze. I usually don't trinket this because I can eat the damage with high Resilience. If they go for a Polymorph and try to kill your pet, you should trinket. If they go for damage, pop Roar of Sacrifice (if using Ravager) and tank it.

-You can try to Deterrence the Pet's Frost Nova with Deterrence and then quickly cancel it in the opener. Mages are very eager to get an early Deep Freeze on you. This will only work in the first duel you do against a new Mage.

-Expect Frost Nova is Mage is close to you. Remember they'll do anything to get that early Deep Freeze!

-If you trinket the first Deep Freeze, make sure to have something to dodge Polymorph. If you get caught with Polymorph you will lose.

Priest
    Shadow
    Shadow Priest - Difficulty 1-10 / 10 (Depending on Gear and Skill of Priest)
    Gear: Moderate to High Resilience (With defensive trinket). I go with 1400+ Resilience, and Bauble of True Blood (or Corroded Skeleton Key).
    Talents: Battleground /DPS spec

Shadow Priests do very well against Hunters. Since we don't have any self heals, it can take only 3 DoTs to kill us. The tactic to defeat a Shadow Priest is to avoid as many spells as possible, whilst blowing them up. You must play perfectly. One mess up and you will lose. You must survive for as long as possible! Some priests will spam Devouring Plague (thirsty ones). It is EXTREMELY important that you are mostly on the offensive. You will not win if you turtle!. The only time you go defensive is during their Disarm (Psychic Horror). You must use Deterrence very early to dodge their opener! This will provide you cover from any spells (except DoTs already on you). If you play flawlessly, you will win. Some tips against Shadow Priest:

-Rapid Fire immediately.

-You must Silence early! Once Silence falls off, you must Deterrence. Shadow Priests will be spamming those buttons and if you can deflect just one of them, it will pay off later in the duel. One DoT usually equals about 8000+ Damage overall, so delaying this will drastically improve your chances of living.

-Keep a track of their global cooldown. This will help you predict their next spell. The fastest global cooldown a Priest can have is 1 second. You also might want to look at their haste to see how fast their global cooldown is. Low haste = longer gcd.

-If they fear your pet, you must use Bullheaded.

-You must avoid Vampiric Touch! If this gets on you, you will probably lose the duel. Avoid it at all costs.

-Priests will use Psychic Horror and try to cast Vampiric Touch.

-Shadowmeld and Gift of the Naaru help greatly against Shadow Priests. Shadowmeld can interrupt Vampiric Touch. Gift of the Naaru heals you for a nice amount.

-Most Priests will disarm you before Dispersion. If you can force Dispersion early, you're in a very good place.

-Try to Deterrence Psychic Horror (predict it).

-Feign Death at the Start of the duel and Serpent Sting+Silencing Shot. This will let you Chimera Shot. Deterrence right after.

-You will have the most trouble against Night Elf Priests if they Shadowmeld your Aimed Shot.

-Corroded Skeleton Key does well against you.

-If they start the duel on top of you, they're looking to fear. Deterrence immediately when the duel starts.

-Snake trap slows their casting speed and global cooldown!

-If they give you range, this is good.

-Have to Trinket the first cc, which is usually Psychic Horror.

-Save Ravage for Vampiric Touch.

-Use Roar of Sacrifice as soon as you take damage.

-Using Titanium Weapon chain with 2 one-handed Weapons allows you to use Deterrence whilst disarmed. This might be useful for you.

-An uninterrupted flawless rotation usually looks like this : Feign Death>Serpent Sting+Silencing Shot>Chimera Shot>Deterrence (wait to see if you deflect anything)>Aimed Shot + Shadowmeld (if Night elf)> Readiness >Chimera+Silence>Deterrence >finish.

-Dont burst them in Dispersion, try Tranquilizing Shot and laying traps instead.

-You should never get Feared (unless they use engineering boots). If you do get feared, you have to trinket. You probably will lose.

-Remember to use your defensive Trinket. This will make you last so much longer.

-Never turn your back to Shadowfiend. You can dodge some of the damage it does.

-Freezing Trap the Shadowfiend if you have time. A good Priest will Silence you as they fiend to prevent this, so be careful!

Hopefully you will be able to dodge a few things which will set them behind. After Psychic Horror and Dispersion are down, you will be able to finish them.

Discipline

Discipline Priest - Difficulty 6-10 / 10 (Depends on Talents and Gear of Priest)
    Pet: Ravager or Wolf
    Gear: Low Resilience, Maximum Damage
    Talents: Battleground/DPS Spec

Discipline Priests deal the most damage out of all the healers. You have a better chance to end the duel quickly. Dragging it out longer will only let them outheal you and eventually you will die to their DoTs and Shadowfiend. Some advice against Discipline Priests.

-Try to break their shield before you start bursting. Every bit of DPS helps and if Chimera or Aimed crits, you will get a full bleed.

-Snake Trap slows their casting. Some Priests will holy nova, but this is good because they have to use a global cooldown.

-You shouldn't get Feared at all!

-If using Ravager, try to stun Penance on the first tick. If using Wolf, pop all DPS cooldowns.

-Burst with your procs.

-Keep bursting even on Pain Suppression. It's their only major cooldown.

-Try to Silence Penance on the first tick (impossible with Silence Travel time).

-Steady Shot is fine as long as you have the range to do so.

-You can't Scatter Trap them since they will just trinket it. GO STRAIGHT FOR THE DAMAGE!

-Keep them on the defensive. They can't DoT you if they're going to die!

Holy
    Holy Priest - Difficulty 5.5/10
    Pet: Ravager, Wolf
    Gear: Maximum DPS, low resilience
    Talents: Battleground/DPS spec

Basically the same as a Discipline Priest, except they take more damage, but heal more. Never stop DPSing and you will eventually kill them when they've run out of cooldowns. Don't get feared and try to Deterrence DoTs. Snake Trap if they chase you, and never let Aimed Shot fall off!

Shaman
    Elemental
    Elemental Shaman - Difficulty 6.5/10
    Pet: Ravager, Crab

An elemental Shaman will try to run into your melee zone and then cast. They have a bunch of slows and roots to do this. They will keep Flame Shock on you and hope to burst you down. They are very manageable since they don't have an impressive health pool. They are very tanky though. Some tips to defeat Elemental Shamans:

-Destroy the Cleansing Totem; don't take too long though. You can send the pet after it or just auto shot. You do this because you need your Serpent Sting to be up on the target. This is to ensure the full damage of Chimera Shot.

-Try to Shadowmeld or Deterrence Lava burst

-If you stun/silence them, they take 30% less damage. Try to burst them outside these windows.

-They will always chase you and try to stand on top of you. Snake Trap and Frost Trap helps!

-Use Roar of Sacrifice if you cannot avoid Lava Burst.

-Don't hit Stoneclaw Totem.

-Earthbind Roots you if you are in range. Kill it if you can.

-Always keep your range so that they have to run. Running = can't cast.

-Scatter Shot can be used to interrupt casts.

-If they start healing, it means they are pressured. Keep going for the kill!

-Destroy Nature Resist Totem.

-Use Master's Call when you really need to. If you know they won't reach you, don't use it.

-Use Disengage to maintain Range.

-If you lack the damage to kill them, you will lose.

Enhancement
    Enhancement Shaman - Difficulty 5.5/10
    Pets: Ravager, Crab
    Gear: Low Resilience, High Damage

Enhancement Shamans will try to rush you with Ghost Wolves. The duel shouldn't last over 45 seconds. Their damage on Ragnaros and Deathwing is pitiful, so you can go with Low Resilience and end them quickly. Some of them will use a shield, but it wont matter too much. Some tips against Enhancement Shamans.

-Kill the Cleansing and Nature Resist Totem. Don't hit Stoneclaw Totem.

-They break slows and snares during Wind Walk. Maintain your range as much as you can!

-They can root you with Frost Shock if you are at longer range. Master's call if you get caught.

-Snake Trap and Frost Trap will help you get away!

-Never turn your back to them.

-If using Ravager, pet stun will buy you time.

-Frost Trapping Wind Walk helps!

-Wind Walk only removes slows and snares. It's not a freedom! Abuse this to your advantage. Slow them often.

-Roar of Sacrifice if they get to you.

-Some Enhancement Shamans will go with maximum Resilience and try to tank you. You'll still kill them since they can't heal much.

Restoration
    Restoration - Difficulty 9.5/10
    Pets: Ravager, Wolf
    Gear: Low Resilience, Maximum Damage
    Talents: Battleground/DPS spec

Restoration Shamans just don't die! It takes one heal crit to bring them back up to full health, so don't take their low health pool lightly. You won't be able to kill them if you can't outdps their heals. They take less silence duration too, so silence is better to interrupt a heal. The key to winning a Restoration Shaman is to interrupt as many heals as possible, since they mostly cast. Some tips against Restoration Shaman.

-Kill Cleansing and Nature Resist Totems.

-Rapid Fire with your procs.

-Ravager Stun is more valuable than wolf's DPS increase.

-If they run to your melee range, you will lose.

-Maintain range!

-Do anything to stop Healing Wave UNLESS you know you can't kill them. Silence, Stun, Scatter Shot all work nicely.

-You lose if they run behind LoS.

-Kill the elemental Totem if they summon them.

-If they're not dead after you've spent all cooldowns, you've lost.

-Deterrence Hex.

-If they don't fight back you can oom them.

-Tranquilizing Shot isn't as useful since they only have two buffs. Earth Shield and Riptide.

Arena 2v2
    There are many team compositions you can play as a Hunter. Generally, if both players play well, you can make anything work. However, certain comps just do better. Here are the most popular compositions with their strengths and weaknesses:

Discipline Priest/Marksmanship
    Discipline Priest/Marksmanship Hunter
    The most popular healer/hunter comp. Priests are useful for their dispels. A cleaned target in Arena will take loads of damage from you. They can also dispel you to get out of cc. They also have the best damage out of all healers. They can help you take a target down during a cc chain. They have nice damage mitigation mechanics but don't have the most impressive heals. You must mostly play offensively to win. A Discipline Priest who only heals you is not playing their class to its full potential.

Some tips playing as Disc/MM:
    -Make sure you cc often. Most of your pressure comes from a long chain of ccs.
    -Priest should use Spirit or Haste gear depending on what you are facing
    -Don't let your Priest die. Remember you can Roar of Sacrifice on allies too.
    -Hunters can peel with slows, and Scatter Traps. It's not impressive but may help.
    -Play smart and don't eat any cc/damage that can be avoided.
    -The Hunter mostly uses freezing arrow/trap.
    -Keep Aimed Shot on your kill target.
    -Priest should run for fears after Traps.
    -You want to pull your opponents into the open.
    -Priest should always keep everything dispelled, and Hunter at good health.
    -Priest should DoT, Shadowfiend, Holy Fire and SMite to help with damage/go for kill.
    -Against Healer/Dps comps, you usually kill the DPS and cc the healer.
    -A cc train might look like this : Scatter>Freezing Arrow/Trap>Fear>Mind Control.
    -You don't always have to cc train a specific way. Try Scatter Shot into a Fear.
    -Your Master's call can be used on the priest too. Use this if your partner has to run.
    -Intervene can also be used on allies.
    -Hunter should setup cc and kills for the Priest.
    -The Hunter should try to stop all cc on the Priest. Silencing Shot is great for this.

Playing Against Disc/MM
    -If you create enough pressure to turn the Discipline Priest into a healbot, you will not get dispelled or damaged as much.
    -Kill the Hunter's Pet if there is an opportunity.
    -Controlling the Priest is easier than controlling the Hunter. Hunters can't dispel their partners.
    -Hunters are squishy when alone.
    -Abuse Line of Sight to avoid damage/cc.
    -Stopping a cc chain will get your partner out as well as dodging the cc.
    -Try to eat Traps on your partner (unless you are a healer).

Retribution Paladin/Marksmanship
    Retribution Paladin/Marksmanship Hunter
    A popular double DPS combo. The Retribution Paladin acts as a support class, healing and dispelling you to keep you up. This comp requires synergy between you and your partner, and a solid strategy. As double DPS, you can swap to healers and even kill them. Retribution Paladins are an extremely useful support class, being able to dispel harmful effects on you and even removing stuns with Hand of Freedom. You get most of your pressure from cc chainss rather than just pure damage. Games as double DPS are very quick.

Playing as Retribution/Marksman:
    -Sacred Shield is very important. It usually goes on whoever the opponent is going for; the Hunter.
    -Aimed Shot extremely important against your kill target. Obviously.
    -You want to start cc as soon as possible. You won't kill anything if you tunnel dps.
    -Paladins can use Sacrifice to dodge soft cc.
    -Noone trinkets the first cc (unless Hammer of Justice). Use this time to pressure them.
    -Help your Paladin as they will help you. Cover for each other's weaknesses. Silencing a caster to stop them controlling your Paladin will do wonders for your Paladin. They will thank you for it.
    -You don't have the best defensives, so you can't turtle against some matchups.
    -Don't let your opponents reset if you don't have cooldowns.
    -Paladin should use Avenging Wrath (aka Wings) to go for kill or pressure. Make sure they don't get cc'd or killed.
    -Paladins can get you out of any cc. Cleanse and Hand of Protection are great.
    -The Hunter shouldn't kite melee too far from the Paladin. This is a DPS loss for them as well as less heals for you. Try to kite closely but out of range of melee of course.
    -A cc train might look something like this: Scatter>Trap>Hammer of Justice>Silence OR Repentance>Hammer of Justice>Scatter>Trap.
    -There is no specific order to cc, but you should try to ensure traps are landed by a previous cc.

Playing against Retribution/Marksman
    -If you pressure them enough to turtle, they may eventually die or use some major cooldowns.
    -Stop cc trains, especially the Hunter's Trap.
    -Line of Sight against the Hunter helps alot.
    -Don't get below 20% health. (Kill Shot and Hammer of Wrath).
    -Controlling one of them will help you alot.
    -Don't ignore Avenging Wrath.
    -DPS should try to eat traps off healers.
    -If Hammer of Justice is still available, be careful of what you trinket.

Feral Druid/Marksmanship
    Feral Druid/Marksmanship Hunter
    This comp has an insane amount of damage, but doesn't last very long against some setups. Your Feral will be bleeding your kill target to death. Against cloth, your feral will absolutely rip them apart. You don't have much reset potential, but you have nice swaps. Games are very quick with fast gameplay.

Playing as Feral Druid/Marksmanship Hunter:
    -The opener is very important. The feral should get an pounce and build up their 5 combo points to get an instant cyclone proc. This is usually thrown onto the healer.
    -Your job as a Hunter is to apply Aimed Shot and Burst. You will also cc to help your Feral.
    -Your Feral can cyclone the kill target to prevent incoming heals.
    -You don't have impressive heals, so be careful about the damage you take.
    -Ferals can dispel Hex.
    -No cleanse or dispel :'(
    -You have to create pressure during your opener since you won't have another chance to do it later (unless they're bad).
    -Whenever you crit you will heal a small amount. Keep critting.
    -You will have less cyclones if the Feral has to go bear form to tank. Try to keep pushing with Cat form.
    -Use Berserk to go for kills or maintain pressure.

Playing against Feral/Marksman:
    -With some setups you can use the opportunity to rush the Hunter to force the Druid to open. Hunters die very quickly with Ferals.
    -Prevent cyclones as much as possible by not letting the Druid stay in cat form. You can try dispel the druid but this is very risky.
    -Take advantage of the lack of heals they have.
    -Defensive cooldowns on Berserk.
    --Disarming Hunters stops alot of damage.
    -Stay near a pillar in case you need to hide from the Hunter.
    -Melee (except Rogues) will have a harder time hitting a Feral. Easier to go Hunter in most cases.

Protection Warrior/Marksmanship
    Protection Warrior/Marksmanship Hunter
    This comp tries to end games extremely quickly. You go all in with everything you have and try to nuke someone to death. The warrior can help you with Spell Reflect, silences and many stuns. You have no heals but it is extremely rewarding to outplay your opponents with this comp. The warrior runs with no resilience (for maximum damage). Very rarely will the Warrior die before you.

Playing as Protection Warrior/Marksmanship
    -Try not to let your opponents do anything. You should stunlock and trap at the same time. Warrior also has two silences. With full PvE gear the warrior can match your damage.
    -Readiness early and go for the kill.
    -Aimed Shot early to reduce incoming heals.
    -Avoid all cc and damage possible.
    -Stay close to your Warrior (20 yards for Reflect).
    -Don't let your opponents reset (unless you've used no cooldowns).
    -Try fight in open areas.
    -Stay within range for the Warrior's intervene.
    -Master's Call on the Warrior against some setups will help.
    -Try get double/triple Shockwaves. It's a huge hit to the enemy team if you stun both of them.
    -Hunter needs to keeps slows up since Warrior cannot do it (except Shield Bash daze).
    -One good Shield Bash does wonders. Go hard.

Playing Against Protection Warrior/Marksmanship Hunter:
    -Don't stack against the Warrior. You will get double shockwaved.
    -Play behind Line of Sight to avoid the Hunter's damage.
    -Remember that the Warrior can use Spell Reflection on the Hunter too.
    -Expect huge amounts of damage in the opener.
    -You can try to use a Wolf for its DPS boost.
    -Ravage Diminishing Returns with other Warrior stuns :'(
    -Expect alot of stuns/silences.
    -Healers should try to fake Shield Bash. If you get caught, you're probably dead if your partner doesn't cc them.
    -They have little heals, try to stay alive for as long as possible. Perhaps wearing them down with DoTs will work for you.

Unholy Death Knight/Marksmanship
    Unholy Death Knight/Marksmanship Hunter
    This comp also tries to end games quickly. You'll have about 30 seconds before Gargoyle expires. You have some very nice damage and peels from the Death Knight. It will usually be the Hunter who gets killed first. You will give double DPS caster teams a hard time if they don't play well.

Playing as Unholy Death Knight/Marksmanship:
    -Let your Death Knight go in first. They are more durable and will slow the targets for you.
    -Apply Aimed Shot early to reduce all those incoming heals.
    -Use silencing shot early to get an awesome opener. Be careful not to Strangulate on diminishing returns though.
    -Death Knight pops Gargoyle very early.
    -Play in the open.
    -Try to Death Grip players into the open.
    -Chains of ice spam is great peeling.
    -Pet stun (from Death Knight) can help you unload free damage (people usually don't trinket this).
    -You can try to use a Wolf for it's DPS boost.
    -Master's Call on the Death Knight may be handy in some situations.
    -You can swap targets with Death Grip, given that they don't have any escapes (Mages Blink, Hunter's Disengage, etc).
    -A well timed Strangulate can score kills. Try to time it so that the target gets below 20% so you can Kill Shot.
    -Rapid Fire immediately in the opener and nuke.
    -Hunter can try to Trap Healers. The Trap and Scatter does not break even if Wandering Plague Procs. However, it will if there are diseases on the target.
    -Put all your pets on one target. Every bit of DPS helps. You will have 3 pets with Gargoyle.
    -Go for a kill immediately. No point saving cooldowns since you have 0 heals.

Playing against Unholy Death Knight/Marksmanship:
    -Freedom against slows to help greatly.
    -Paladins can Turn Evil Gargoyle and Holy Wrath.
    -Priests can Shackle Undead.
    -If you can outlast all cooldowns, you should win.
    -If possible, control the Death Knight with Roots/Slows.
    -Use your disarms if you have them.
    -Run away from Gargoyle if you can't survive the damage.
    -Use silences on the Death Knight if you have them. This will prevent them from using most of their spells.
    -If you're a Priest, expect to be targeted. Death Knights love priests.
    -If the Hunter does not cc the healer, the damage is usually healable. Stay out of Range if you can.

Shadow Priest/Marksmanship
    Shadow Priest/Marksmanship
    This comp is similar to Discipline Priest Hunter, except now the Priest is a DPS. You have mediocre offheals and shields. Much like Disc/Hunter, the tactic is to clean a target and DoT it up and burst it. The Priest's DoTs provide consistent damage, whilst the Hunter bursts. You will also need to set up some cc chains. Both of you can be the kill target, so be careful. The Priest also has a 5 second silence which is very nice to have. Psychic Horror is great too. You both have mediocre defensive cooldowns but very high offensive capabilities.

Playing as Shadow/Marksmanship:
    -Make sure the target is dispelled of any important buffs. This means Paladin's Sacred Shield, Sacrifices and other buffs. You will deal so much damage against a cleaned target.
    -The Hunter should set up cc trains for the Priest. Fears are very important. Keep rushing for cc.
    -You are mostly on the offensive. If you need to heal a bit, do it but don't go healmode because you will lose.
    -Stop enemy team from dispelling DoTs and Serpent Sting.
    -Keep up Aimed Shot.
    -In short games, the Priest should use critical strike gear with spec.
    -Longer games might require more mana regeneration from the Priest.
    -Let the Priest Silence first. It will come off cooldown earlier.
    -Use Psychic Horror well. Try to disarm Rogues going on the Hunter.
    -Hunter should give Priest Master's Call if needed.
    -Roar of Sacrifice mostly on person being killed.
    -Use Crab/Ravager. You can setup a Fear with Pin or Ravage.

Playing against Shadow/Marksmanship:
    -Rebuff. A cleaned target just takes so much damage.
    -Dispel DoTs and Serpent Sting. This will reduce almost half their damage. Don't dispel Vampiric Touch though if low.
    -Control them, preferably the Priest since it is the dispeller.
    -Silence the Priest early to ruin openers.
    -Expect cc trains with Scatter >Trap>Fear.
    -You can't really play around Line of Sight. The Priest will mount up and rush you with Fears anyway.
    -The damage is healable if you avoid cc and spam heal

Balance Druid/Marksmanship
    Balance Druid/Marksmanship
    This comp is a bit different to all the others. You have very nice offheals (balance almost heals like a resto lol), and you have great mechanics with Cyclone. Typhoon is great too. You will generally try to kill during a cc chain. Balance Druids do a nice amount of damage with Starfall too.

Playing as Balance/Marksmanship:
    -The opener is very important. You need to get some cc immediately and get some HoTs up. Try to pounce Cyclone and open the other player.
    -You usually won't win if you go yolo with Starfall with no cc or heals.
    -Cyclone is pretty easy to land. Watch for Reflect though.
    -Druid should use Entangling Roots often.
    -Try to Typhoon Healers off the map.
    -Scatter>Trap>Cyclone on Healer to create pressure, then you can Cyclone the DPS to stop incoming heals. You'll probably get a trinket easily like this.
    -Make sure you don't Starfall over Hunter's cc.
    -Offheals will help you survive so much longer. Seriously, Balance heals like Resto :')
    -You can make amazing swaps with Cyclone and Starfall Swapping.

Playing against Balance/Marksman:

Watch out for everything said above ^.

-Dispel HoTs if you can, they will heal much less if you do.
    -Control the Hunter with Magic. The Druid can't dispel magic. Only Curses and Poisons.

Of course, there are many other compositions that you could play, but these are my most preferred choices. I enjoy playing weird comps because at the end of the day, it's nice to see the skill of a player shine more than just the comp.

Finding partners for 3v3 might be a bit hard here. Hunters are kinda screwed, since both their ideal teammates want other teammates. Maybe you can find some friends xD

I won't get too much into 3v3 since there are just so many comps to face. 3v3 is completely different from 2s. Here are some of the most popular Hunter teams and why:

ATC - African Turtle Cleave (Protection Warrior/Marksmanship Hunter/Holy Paladin)
    This comp is similar to Prot Warrior/Hunter, except now it has a Holy Paladin. This means you'll be able to survive much more with the heals and cleanses as well as freedoms. This combo generally focuses on killing people in a cc chain, as well as controlling the enemy team with stuns. A nice Shockwave can do so much. Basically, if you line up all your ccs, the whole enemy team can't do anything. The Protection Warrior offers spell reflection on their team as well as many stuns. Protection Warriors are very mobile and are a bit tanky with nice damage (with right gear setup). The Hunter's job is to burst, cc, and apply Aimed Shot. You should be able to dish out some serious pressure if you land any cc chains. You all help each other as a team. You have Trueshot Aura for the Warrior, Kings from the Paladin, and Battle Shout. That's so much damage. With good synergy you can make some nice plays. Shockwave > Freezing Trap is very effective. With this comp you can also use stuns as peels. It is very easy to force some trinkets from the enemy team, and some cooldowns. Once the enemy team has run out, you can go for kills. Be careful when your Paladin is cc'd though. You will receive no heals or cleanses for the time being. Melee heavy teams usually get nightmares from this comp :'(. Can't kill the Protection Warrior or tunnel the Hunter.

PHD - (Holy Paladin/Marksmanship Hunter/Unholy Death Knight)
    This comp is similar to Unholy DK/Hunter. Now it has a Paladin. The Death Knight will buff your spell damage as well as Chains of ice spam everything for you to shoot. You can use Death Grip > Hammer of Justice to swap as well. The Death Knight is durable against casters and can interrupt. You rely more on swapping targets often and spreading damage with diseases. Discipline Priests usually have nightmares against this comp :'(. Death Gripping someone into the open and swapping always creates pressure if done correctly. You don't necessarily want to tunnel one target for a kill. Swap often and have multiple targets on low hp.

Jungle Cleave - (Discipline Priest/Feral Druid/Marksmanship Hunter)
    This comp is similar to Feral Druid/Hunter. Now we have a Priest. The Priest's dispels will absolutely shred a target if you're both on it. Remember that you and the Feral deal high damage against clothies and cleaned targets. Mages will have nightmares. Your Feral can cyclone often with less diminishing returns since there are 3 players to Cyclone. You can even Cyclone low health targets to prevent incoming heals and swap. What a nightmare for healers :'(. You can setup nice cc chains with Cyclones and Fears. The Hunter's Aimed Shot and Feral on a cleaned target is almost unhealable. However, this comp doesn't last very long if you go defensive for too long. Disc Priest heals are the weakest of the healers, but they have the most absorbs. A great comp for those who want to play very offensively.

KFC - Kung Fu Cleave - (Arms Warrior/Marksmanship Hunter/Holy Paladin)
    You have very nice damage as this comp, but you lack hard cc. You only have the Hunter's cc, Warrior's Fear, and Paladin's Hammer of Justice. However, you do dish out a truckload of damage. You can swap as much as you like with this comp; since you have Mortal Strike. A common strategy with this comp is to have Mortal Strike and Aimed Shot on several targets. Imagine trying to heal two people dying with healing reduction :'(. One well timed Bladestorm can absolutely shred teams who stack together. The Paladin's job is to mostly healbot and keep the Warrior mobile. Immobile Warrior = useless warrior :'(. You are vulnerable to wizard teams who look to cc your whole team. Games usually end very quick with this comp since you'll lose all your pressure if you turtle. On Ragnaros, Shadowmourne totally poops on everything though, so maybe you can do well with it.

PHP - (Retribution Paladin/Marksmanship Hunter/Discipline Priest)
    Similar to Ret/Hunter but now there's a Priest. This comp has double dispels, which is very useful against caster comps since your Paladin and Priest can both cleanse and dispel the team. You'll have Sacred Shield + Priest absorbs most of the time on the person being trained. Retribution Paladins are such a great support class. You can set up alot of cc with Hammer of Justice, Repentance, Mind Control and Fear. You'll mostly be on the offensive with this comp, since the priest most likely won't get one shotted (Ret dispels, sacred shield, Hand of Protection, sacrifices, etc). A cleaned target will take loads of damage. Nightmare for Mages if they get cleaned and having their Polymorphs dispelled. :'(. Remember that discipline Priests that become healbots are not very strong since they mostly mitigate damage. Discipline Priests always have to play offensively in any comp to win. You can force enemy trinkets pretty easily because you have great cc and offensive dispels. Not many comps can turtle against this since the Priest will keep spamming dispels and constant ccs on healers will just make it impossible to catch up if there is no counterpressure.

Conclusion

I hope that I have been informative and helped you in at least some way. Thanks for taking the time to read my guide. Any feedback and criticism would be great. Remember, this is only a guide, you may choose to do what you like with your Hunter. Experiment often and I hope to see some improvement in Hunter PvP. Happy Hunting!

Updates
    As of the new Lordaeron core, Hunters have had a great rework.

A list of changes you will see are:
    -Pets now travel around terrain as intended (pathfinding fix).
    -Scatter Shot and Silencing Shot are now instant. No more travel time is so sweet.
    -Pet movement such as charge and intervene are so much smoother. This is massive for hunters, you can now master's call and intervene with pets to recall them even faster. Pet commands such as /petstay are also working very well.
    -Spell Penetration and Resistance has had a rework, it will now working as intended. From now on, it is compulsory to gem spell penetration against classes with resistance, but it will better to gem it all times if you do not have multiple gear sets.
    -Trap timers are much faster. Through a lot of tests, it's safe to conclude that you can concussive shot and freezing arrow at a maximum distance of ~30 yards (if you have perfect aim it might be more).
    -Deterrence is somewhat better. You may still be hit by a few things once in a while, but it is definitely better than before. It's very difficult to replicate deterrence tests but 90% of the time it's working well.
    -Pet cooldowns no longer reset when you mount and dismount.
    -Only one trap of each of the three categories may be active. This means you can't readiness and have 6 traps like before because the second will always overwrite the other.
    -no more volley for mana
    -Trueshot Aura now applies to pet without being in party. Great for soloing.
    -Some double dipping talents fixed. (Nerf to all classes. This is more a bigger hit to PvE Hunters. You will barely feel it in PvP).
    -Roar of sacrifice working even better now.
    -Dalaran Arena released. This means you better watch out for elemental shamans and fire mages who try to knock you off.

Update #2

-Serpent Sting snapshots your stats. This means that the DoT will stay the same throughout the whole duration. You should be careful not to sting during aspect of the viper as it will lower your Chimera-Serpent damage severely. Try to get all your procs up and apply serpent sting before you burst with chimera. It's an interesting change, especially in PvE; understanding the mechanic will definitely improve your overall DPS.
    -Pets that disappear happen to still be there although the stables show that there are empty slots. What you have to do is drag your currently pet into that open slot and hopefully your missing pet reappears again. Also remember to cast call pet since pets don't come out immediately after swapping in stables. If you swap more than twice without call pet you have a pretty good chance of losing your pet altogether.
    -You might see traps get resisted even though the target has no spell resist
    -Some Pet abilities now have global cooldowns :'(

Update #3
    -Roar of Sacrifice won't work against DoTs capable of crits. You have to apply it BEFORE you get Dotted to negate them. If you do it after you will still be able to get critted by things like feral bleed, rogue's rupture, spriest Dots, etc
    -Bullheaded is completely broken when pet is in any cc but a slow/snare
    -Intervene does not work on the first intervene that you do
    -Freezing trap pretty fast lol
    -Bunch of things stil going through deterrence
    -Entrapment has finally been fixed in arena. It will now work correctly.

If you guys have any further questions like extensive arena tactics comp versus comp then feel free to drop a suggestion and I'll do the best to my knowledge to answer. In general, you usually control the dispeller so that they don't dispel your traps and try to kill the other.
    Edited: January 18, 2018

2. Nicely written. It's clear you poured a lot of effort into this. I'll be sure to read the dueling/arena sections more in-depth as I'm considering starting serious PVP on my Hunter soon.

3. Awesome! Since duels don't always go one way, I always have multiple plans just in case they swap their tactics. Experimenting teaches you so much :) Hope it goes well

4. Me alive soup dream? Very educational, nice guide gj

5. This is a guide you don't usually see, I have no words.

6. Way too long because of too much non-objective/false statements (Doesn't go out of mana often; has reliable mana regeneration)

and a lot of unnecessary remarks like "-Don't ignore Avenging Wrath!"

imo using aimed shot over chimera in opener is always better unless you are vs mage or priest with shields and you have priest on your team,
    n adition if you use chimera->aimed shot then you waste 1 second of aimed shot CD=higher chance for aimed to fall off.

7. Hunters regenerate mana very quickly with Aspect of the Viper though.

The guide is aimed at newer Hunter players, so they may not necessary know that what I have pointed out as 'unnecessary remarks' will actually help them anyway. This should help them improve overall.

Just because you won't ignore Avenging Wrath doesn't mean others will, no matter how obvious you think it is. You may be surprised how many people just sit there and tank Avenging Wrath, trying to outheal it whilst they have things available to do something about it. Surely disarming or ccing the Paladin with Avenging Wrath will do wonders for your team, however it's not always possible if the Ret/Hunter come up with ways to push with wings (two sacrifices, silences, stuns, cc, etc). It's still better to try do something about it though since you'll probably have to blow more cooldowns than you should or even die to wings push. So then, what should they do if the enemy team does decide to do something about Avenging Wrath? The decision making here depends on a number of things, but that's quite a bit to talk about.

I do get what you mean though. Perhaps i'll edit it to mention what opponents will do against you (obviously) and how to cover those weaknesses if they do take advantage of them.

Yes, Rotations are different depending on the situation and I did point out that Aimed Shot openers are favourable. After that you don't really follow a rotation, just a bunch of priorities as you do other things with your global cooldowns, which will obviously disrupt any smooth rotation that you have going.

8. Way too long because of too much non-objective/false statements (Doesn't go out of mana often; has reliable mana regeneration)
    Pretty rich coming from the guy that was straight up fabricating bull**** in the bugtracker about every tick of Volley restoring mana even without hitting anything, or some rubbish like that.

imo using aimed shot over chimera in opener is always better unless you are vs mage or priest with shields and you have priest on your team,
    n adition if you use chimera->aimed shot then you waste 1 second of aimed shot CD=higher chance for aimed to fall off.
    Yeah because in PVP, staggering your hard-hitting spells over squeezing them all in during a smaller time period is what yields better results. /s

Chimera-Serpent is a thing. The way it works is you fire Chimera Shot, it reaches the target, the spell detects Serpent Sting is active on the target, and only then does the Chimera-Serpent itself fire. Keeping it in the order of Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot ensures that Chimera-Serpent lands around the same time as your Aimed Shot, so you basically squeeze in 3 very hard-hitters (plus auto shots) within the span of 2 gcd's, therefore paving the way for a kill easier, or forcing a defensive more easily. These tend to be important in PVP.

9. Pretty rich coming from the guy that was straight up fabricating bull**** in the bugtracker about every tick of Volley restoring mana even without hitting anything, or some rubbish like that..
    You mean like it was working on AT for last 6 years? :D

Or you mean the first bugfix when they fixed it because they were 100% they got it right.

Or you mean the recent bugfix, because yeah thats 100% right, this must be it, cant nerf it anymore.

Sorry i dont consider "proofs" from 2008 forum post by guy called swaggerwagon420 as a legittimate source. (especially when one forum post bellow another guy is claiming exact opposite)

Yeah because in PVP, staggering your hard-hitting spells over squeezing them all in during a smaller time period is what yields better results. /s

Chimera-Serpent is a thing. The way it works is you fire Chimera Shot, it reaches the target, the spell detects Serpent Sting is active on the target, and only then does the Chimera-Serpent itself fire. Keeping it in the order of Chimera Shot > Aimed Shot ensures that Chimera-Serpent lands around the same time as your Aimed Shot, so you basically squeeze in 3 very hard-hitters (plus auto shots) within the span of 2 gcd's, therefore paving the way for a kill easier, or forcing a defensive more easily. These tend to be important in PVP.
    i dont see how doing less damage overall can kill something faster

but thats you man

10. It had nothing to do with "some guy's posts in 2008". The fact that you're still harping over that just stands as testament to your inability to process and digest new information. This is something that was well-established. You (and a tonne of other huntards) were caught red-handed trying to support a bug with false claims of having known for a fact how anything worked on retail, and now you're trying to bring that same kind of cancer here into this thread where someone just compiled a helpful bunch of information into an excellent guide. No one needs that.

Also you don't do less damage overall. That's not what happens when you prioritize higher DPET spells. I suggest you learn the Hunter class a bit more thoroughly before posting in bugtrackers and guides like these.

11. Phenomenal guide with an exceptional amount of detail. Very well written.

10/10 would read.

Regards,

Mark.

123 ... Last