1. Hi, tried the chmod +x stuff and it gets the client to launch but i can't log in using my account name - i tried my email for my user which got me in but that leads to the 4.0.0 patch update which i have read isn't supported on warmane so i aborted - I'm not sure whether i have to reinstall the old patches again as the launcher in the login screen already says its 3.3.5 or whether i have somehow screwed it up someway along the line.

Using a Macbook Pro (I think 2011 version)

2. Hi, tried the chmod +x stuff and it gets the client to launch but i can't log in using my account name - i tried my email for my user which got me in but that leads to the 4.0.0 patch update which i have read isn't supported on warmane so i aborted - I'm not sure whether i have to reinstall the old patches again as the launcher in the login screen already says its 3.3.5 or whether i have somehow screwed it up someway along the line.
    Using a Macbook Pro (I think 2011 version)
    you have to log-in by using your warmane account name, not email address

3. Hey I was having the same problem and I did what you said... now when I try and open it, it says "You can’t open the application “World of Warcraft” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."... got a fix?

4. i have also done everything but still it says i cant open it. please help! im using OS X Yosimite

5. I was having the same initial problem with the file not being able to open. I did the terminal fix by typing in "chmod +x" followed by a space and dragged the World of Warcraft file in there and hit enter. The file immediately changed into a Unix Executable file. When I tried launching it again now I get an error message that says: "Missing or corrupted data. Failed to open archive interface.MPQ."

6. you should use a space before and after that command, like this: " chmod +x "
    if you have done it correctly then try to download it again and remember to log-in by using warmane account name, not email address

7. omg it worked wtf this is great! lordaeron here i come! :D

8. Hello,
    I have done the "chmod +x" as suggested before, unfortunately the message "Permission denied" appears when I drag World of Warcraft and press enter. I tried using the "sudo" command before but it isn't working.

9. I have had the problem too with not being able to open the file.
    The terminal and then typing chmod +x and dragging the file helped.
    Be sure that typing this contains TWO spaces!
    One is after chmod and the second after +x.

10. Hi there,

I'm running the following system and having problems:
    macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2

When I try to input the " chmod+x " command I get this, spaces or no spaces.

chmod+x/Library/Wrath\ of\ the\ Lich\ King\ 3.3.5a\ \(Mac\)/World\ of\ Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Warcraft
    -bash: chmod+x/Library/Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (Mac)/World of Warcraft.app/Contents/MacOS/World of Warcraft: No such file or directory

please help

First 12