1. Fel Iron Ore; problem with spawns/spawntimer

Hey community, hey devs!

Since 2 days I fly around Hellfire Peninsula and take a look at Fel Iron Ores. I can remember back in the days Fel Iron was always a pain to farm 'cause of the less numbers but this time it's a 24/7 farming-spot there it seems. I'm sure a lot of people have the same problem - we definitely need more of those ores or other/faster spawns.
    Got 18 bars until yet, after 2 days of Fel Iron-runs, when I look back at my play-timer, that's not really much. I need it for Engineering/Blacksmithing, so you guys know how much I and others will need :>
    Don't have any chances against 80s, getting one-shotted when I come near to a Fel-vein. Besides that, I fly 2 times over the whole Peninsula and don't see any Ores. I really don't have much spare time to fly over 3 hours and take a look and don't want to get surprised when I won't see any vein again.
    Maybe you guys are able to increase the spawn-timer? Or do something else against that? Would be great :>

Thanks a lot for future responds.

2. They are aware of the issue, but thank you for yet another thread on the topic. In the future please feel free to use the search function or Google before reminding everyone of what is already known.

3. They are aware of the issue, but thank you for yet another thread on the topic. In the future please feel free to use the search function or Google before reminding everyone of what is already known.
    I think they might need a reminder because, after over a month, they still haven't fixed it. (I don't know how hard it is to change a node's spawn time, but having done some programming, it feels like a simple line of code.) This bug is a major hindrance to mining professions, so it should have a high priority. It also affects the economy; it is a bottleneck that increases the prices of not only Fel Iron, but also the subsequent ores because people are not able to level their Mining.

4. I think they might need a reminder because, after over a month, they still haven't fixed it. (I don't know how hard it is to change a node's spawn time, but having done some programming, it feels like a simple line of code.) This bug is a major hindrance to mining professions, so it should have a high priority. It also affects the economy; it is a bottleneck that increases the prices of not only Fel Iron, but also the subsequent ores because people are not able to level their Mining.
    Again use the search function regarding the issue. It was said before it's not just about the respawn timer and it's affecting a small portion of the player base. Some posts from a Mod.

I'm not quite sure why the bug report is set to unconfirmed (might be that there are other reports already and one is confirmed?), but we're aware of this issue and, according to information I have been given, it's a problem with shared respawn pools timers, and is affecting other things besides Fel Iron. The possible cause has been narrowed down, but the current focus is all on the content release on the 10th, so the fix for this issue will come at some point after that.
    The problem is you're speaking from a (naturally selfish) player point of view. For you, what should be prioritized is what affects you. Fel Iron? Yes, it's frustrating, but it still affects just a portion of the players. You don't have the global view of the project as a whole that Developers do, both for what is requiring priority in fixes, and for what fixes are dependent on other fixes that players might consider "unnecessary" or not even notice that were implemented. Beyond that there's the fact Developers have their own fields of expertise or assignment. If just one Developer is able to check and fix the spawn tables, but he's deep into another part of the project that is more important overall - even if you disagree - Fel Iron nodes will have to wait.

Whether you want to understand/believe that or not a) the Developers are working, even if not on what you want them to; b) the Forums aren't a place to complain that your pet bug isn't fixed; and 3) disrespect towards their work because a player can't wrap their brains around how complex development is isn't tolerated.

5. Again use the search function regarding the issue. It was said before it's not just about the respawn timer and it's affecting a small portion of the player base. Some posts from a Mod.
    Quit dismissing the issue, it was pretty stupid running the same damn route for days for a few measly skill points.

6. Quit dismissing the issue, it was pretty stupid running the same damn route for days for a few measly skill points.
    Yeah, in fact, I didn't take Mining (+ Jewelcrafting) because I read about this bug. So the reason why it may affect a small percentage of the population is because people avoid Mining altogether. Additionally, gem prices (and other ore-based end-game products' prices) could lower slightly if Mining was more accessible.

7. I'm not that bad person who is working against rules. If it is such a big problem, that I've opened another thread like this, I will apologize the big mistake. But in the end it's just a simple question - maybe with a different simple answers.
    Anyway, I hope for better mining-deposits.

8. For a problem that is shared with only a small portion, it's kind of famous though. Just look at how overpriced it is in AH

And meanwhile Azeroth is overrun by Gold Vein, which can be found in large amount at some places like Duskwood, Stranglethorn, Tanaris, Blasted Lands, Burning Steppes (wtf), Searing Gorge, etc. Currently I'm just levelling Blacksmithing and Mining via Thorium. The trick on mining is simple, hammer the green skill vein a couple of times till you get a skill up, before finally harvesting it. Blacksmithing needs a lot of Thoriums to skip through Fel Iron.

9. Yeah you're absolutely right! The weird thing with Gold Veins ... I don't get it. But the other thing is, I was really thinking about to skip it, but I need it anyway 'cause I can't skill engineering then. And not only that, I've got a new character with Jewelcrafting and I will also need those ores. So everything depends on mining here and the fact, that the only ore is Fel Iron here, which timer is definitely wrong is kind of ... I don't know any english word for it. Just ridicolous maybe^^

10. Yes, fel iron veins are quite rare in OL, you can deffinitely see that through auction house (highest prices on ores). Funny thing - if you need it on engineering, you should try to fish up equipment boxes in Zangarmarsh/Terokkar, you can find ore as well as fel iron bolts for eng in those. ;)

11. Oh really? You mean those boxes with food and drink in there? Nice thing, thanks for that great advice! :D

12. Oh really? You mean those boxes with food and drink in there? Nice thing, thanks for that great advice! :D
    I mean Heavy supply crates from Steam pump flotsam. :)

13. Ah yes, almost forgot. A guildie got fel iron from fishing. You might wanna consider levelling it up :p

14. From fishing?? Nice bug? Or just normal in WoW history? :>

15. From fishing?? Nice bug? Or just normal in WoW history? :>
    Ofc it's not a bug. It just looks like nobody ever had to do that. On the other hand here on Lordaeron it is quite good opportunity for your fel shortage.

12 Last