1. Who designed this class and what was he(they) thinking ?!

Ok, I realize WoW is PvE focused game with raids and bla bla bla but why the hell paladin exists?
    The server is set for world PvP - well then at least balance it ? Do something ?
    Why such a class even exists? 20% dmg buff - check - FULL immunity - check, 15% move speed - check, dispell - check, 10% attributes buff that only this class can use - check, biggest burst in the game - check, ranged execute that always crit - chek WHY ?
    What was the person( I am trying sooo hard to use strong language here) who designed the class thinking ? I now am absolutely convinced they were on drugs and having never played this game tought that it's ok.
    Well it's not ok. And now I have to level a new class because of paladins. And it's not ok, because I am not enjoying ranged classes. And the person responsible should be punished. I hope he is homeless and die alone for his mistakes.
    P.S I don't care about humans being the PvP faction farming Ogrimmar / TB / UC ... go ahead stay there, see if anyone from the horde care. But when a person can steal from my limited play time when I want to do my dailies in the world, just because he picked a certain class, then we have a serious problem!
    Edited: January 21, 2016

2. Not sure what ranged class you play, but i can promise you rets aint that great no more in s8.

Also, biggest burst? U kidding me? Destro/ele has way more potential to global ur *** than a ret if ur wearing a tad of resilience

3. The classes are balanced. If you have the skill with a class, you'll know how to kill any other class (except counter-classes; e.g pala-frost mage, etc.)

4. Paladin's take next to zero skill to use, and therefore attract a lot of attention from unskilled players. As a result, you'll find that they're extremely common, especially in Wotlk. They have a ton of oh-**** abilities for when they **** up, which they presumably will because 99% of them are absolute garbage at the game, but there is a trade off to having so much forgiveness for bad positioning, and poor ability choice. Retribution in particular isn't very viable in arena during this time period, because they don't have very good gap closers for ranged attackers, and they have no way to interrupt an enemy player aside from wasting a very vital cc ability that isn't on a very short cooldown. In 1v1, rets are extremely strong due to their ability to completely reset the fight, but this is also your time to either leave, or reset yourself. I'm a rogue, so it's impossible to beat any ret as long as their IQ is over 50, so I usually just spam /lol at them when they bubble and leave if it's not in an arena. What class do you play?

5. Not sure what ranged class you play, but i can promise you rets aint that great no more in s8.

Also, biggest burst? U kidding me? Destro/ele has way more potential to global ur *** than a ret if ur wearing a tad of resilience

Also, in terms of being bursted during a surprise gank, then MM hunters will quickly burst you down pretty fcking hard.

Paladin's take next to zero skill to use, and therefore attract a lot of attention from unskilled players. As a result, you'll find that they're extremely common, especially in Wotlk. They have a ton of oh-**** abilities for when they **** up, which they presumably will because 99% of them are absolute garbage at the game, but there is a trade off to having so much forgiveness for bad positioning, and poor ability choice. Retribution in particular isn't very viable in arena during this time period, because they don't have very good gap closers for ranged attackers, and they have no way to interrupt an enemy player aside from wasting a very vital cc ability that isn't on a very short cooldown. In 1v1, rets are extremely strong due to their ability to completely reset the fight, but this is also your time to either leave, or reset yourself. I'm a rogue, so it's impossible to beat any ret as long as their IQ is over 50, so I usually just spam /lol at them when they bubble and leave if it's not in an arena. What class do you play?
    I played paladin cause I like to be able to take 3 different roles so I dont easily get bored tho (and still being able to see my character and not a tree/animal). I hope that is a legit reason.

6. I played paladin cause I like to be able to take 3 different roles so I dont easily get bored tho (and still being able to see my character and not a tree/animal). I hope that is a legit reason.
    Everybody has their own personal reasons as to why they prefer a particular class, and that's okay. But if you take a look at the census for this realm, you'll see an unnatural skewing of people who play human paladins. The reason for this is 100% obvious, and most of the time, it has nothing to do with being able to fit every role. It's simply because you can be braindead and still do fairly well on one, and of course, what better than to rub it in with that human racial that clearly wasn't unbalanced. I think half of the PvPers that left horde immediately after humans got Emfh and the Undead racial got nerfed had no correlation to the fact that the racial was on a higher tier than the horde's /s. Some people's motives make sense, while others just do it because they're incapable of learning any level of depth to PvP that doesn't involve mashing 3 buttons over and over then bubbling when they get outplayed. I'm sorry if I come off as hateful, but I don't really have any respect for most paladins for that reason. People that roll Fotm because it increases their chances of success are the ****ters who will take every handicap they can receive, and it's pathetic.

7. Ok, you assume that the opponent is low skilled paladin and they are doing well. Now imagine a skilled non - paladin player vs skilled paladin player. They will preform ever better. I don't even want to attack paladins. I will do some good damage, I will get them to 25%, they will just buble and heal to max / use engineering boots / finish my char. I have no explanation why buble is instant cast and shattering throw / mass dispell have cast time, such a bad design decision ! They are the ultimate defensive class, there is no doubt about it. And the problem is that damage which cannot be countered by any means, meaning they cannot be left ignored. And that's for retri paladins only. Prot have extra life and holy are immortal and need full party to kill. Noone can 1v1 and if you don't have healer they will just kill your char. So I can't ignore them and I can't fight them, what's left? Ask friends to come and go AFK while they come. As I said I have limited playtime I strongly dislike waiting in any game ...

8. You guys should send an Email to 2009 and ask Blizz what the deal is.

9. You guys should send an Email to 2009 and ask Blizz what the deal is.
    You sir, have made me logging into the forum for the first time since launch

10. Ok, you assume that the opponent is low skilled paladin and they are doing well. Now imagine a skilled non - paladin player vs skilled paladin player. They will preform ever better. I don't even want to attack paladins. I will do some good damage, I will get them to 25%, they will just buble and heal to max / use engineering boots / finish my char. I have no explanation why buble is instant cast and shattering throw / mass dispell have cast time, such a bad design decision ! They are the ultimate defensive class, there is no doubt about it. And the problem is that damage which cannot be countered by any means, meaning they cannot be left ignored. And that's for retri paladins only. Prot have extra life and holy are immortal and need full party to kill. Noone can 1v1 and if you don't have healer they will just kill your char. So I can't ignore them and I can't fight them, what's left? Ask friends to come and go AFK while they come. As I said I have limited playtime I strongly dislike waiting in any game ...
    The thing is, paladins don't have a high skillcap at all, meaning that a good player cant do much more than a bad one. They're so simple that they can't be much more utilized than they are by someone of low skill, aside from minor things like properly dispelling, managing mana, using HoS to break CC etc. A paladin can easily be kited if you have even a basic grasp of the mechanic, and just about every class has a means for escape. If they look too intimidating, don't fight them. If they bubble, do your best to either heal full yourself, or run away if you can't heal. Feel free to play as dirty as you possibly can vs. them considering they're obviously going to do the same, so if you need to, use potions and items to help you win if you have to fight one 1v1. This is entirely dependent on your class too. If you're a warrior or rogue, it's not worth the attempt at fighting as you'll probably lose to one of equal skill, or in the case of rogues, will lose to a 1200 rated paladin if you're 2800.

iSullivan
    85% of the rets I see use only half of the tools they are given , don't have 1h and shield on switch, or seals so it's not that hard to beat one. Ofc there is still a chance you get hoj wingsed with your trink on cd then it's gg and that's all due to the talent that allows them to ignore 50% of dmg reduce effects with wings on, now that is OP.

12. You guys should send an Email to 2009 and ask Blizz what the deal is.

13. His class is butthurt crybaby specced on infinite QQ of nonexisting ability with dual spec in infinite salty tears.

123 ... Last