1. Frostwolf 5.4.8 FAQ Thread

First of all, I want to point out that I am not a moderator of this section, neither I am a staff member of Warmane community, so do not take my anwers as an official Warmane statement.

This is not an official FAQ thread, but I will do my best in helping you out with questions for the upcoming patch(5.4.8)

This will prevent all new threads on Frostwolf section, so just ask what ever you want in here, or send me a PM if you prefer that way.

I have seen a lot of weird questions about this patch so I will put some answers right away.

This thread may be edited with the new questions and answers.

Here is some pre-release information that i found on official Warmane devlog.

Spoiler: Show
    Pre-release Information
    With only four days left until the official 5.4.8 release it is time to have a look at what this upgrade means for our MoP players exactly. First of all, starting Tuesday the 26th, you will be required to use the new 5.4.8 client which is available for download here. It is highly recommended to pre-download this client to avoid waiting times on launch day. However, until Tuesday, the current 5.4.2 client will still be required to connect to Frostwolf, do not remove it just yet.

Immediate changes
    When you first login after the 5.4.8 upgrade, there will not be any obvious differences. A lot of the work put into the upgrade is purely to support the 5.4.8 client, which looks very similar to the 5.4.2 client for a normal user. In other words, the majority of work done in the past months was ground work to even be able to run on 5.4.8. All 1500+ packet structures had to be rewritten completely, which is a huge task by itself. However, while working on the upgrade we also revisited current content. Several improvements have been made to already released raids and dungeons, and new functionality has been added to better support specific encounter mechanics. Our QA has also restlessly tested and documented every single class issue they could find, whether it came with the upgrade or already existed beforehand. We have done our best to get rid of any critical class and combat issues, and will continue to work down that list after release. Due to that, lots of important spell issues that currently exist will be resolved with the upgrade. In addition to that, we have prepared several 5.4.2 to 5.4.8 spell adjustments according to official patch notes, but did not include all of the spell changes yet.

Post-launch work
    While our team worked as much as possible to prevent any disturbances on launch, post-launch issues have to be expected considering the enormous amount of changes that went into this upgrade. Therefore we have a dedicated team prepared to deal with any immediate post-launch issues. Community feedback will be even more important during the first days of release and we kindly ask you to report any problems you encounter on our bugtracker so that we can deal with them as fast as possible.

Upcoming releases
    Besides the continuation of spell, combat and general fixes, we have several releases scheduled after the 5.4.8 upgrade. We will start off with the release of the Scarlet Halls and the Scarlet Monastery, followed by heroic releases of Heart of Fear and Throne of Thunder. We are also planning to finish the Ji-Kun encounter and have it ready with the heroic release. Afterwards we will release lower level dungeons and raids, as well as new Siege of Orgrimmar bosses. At the same time we are going to implement three new battlegrounds, namely the Battle for Gilneas, Deepwind Gorge and Silvershard Mine. Once all those releases made it to live, we will focus on further Siege of Orgrimmar, Scenarios, Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle development as well as highly requested fixes on our bugtracker.

A lot of things that you asked may be found in here.

Download link for the new client: https://www.warmane.com/download
    It seems that you don't have to download the whole game all over again. You just need files that may be found in anwers down there.
    User "kidarkness" posted a guide. I did not check if that guide is good and clear. So take care when following it.

Q: Are we going to start from level 1?
    A: No. Stop confusing people with that. New patch means only that we will have some new content and gear, with major/minior bug fixes.

Q: When will the new gear come out?
    A: It is said that new gear will come out (PvP along with PvE) as soon as they fix all post-update bug, and crashes. The testers will do their job and its should be qucik enough. You are playing here for free. So you just have to be patient, and wait.

Q: Will there be any systems to ban hackers.
    A: If you mean on some new AntiCheat system, then no. Not right now anyway. Warmane staff did not mention anything like this. This is just a client update.

Q: Can I login with 5.4.8 client now?
    A: No. You should just download it now, so you don't wait a long time to download it after the patch is released(Because a lot of people will wait the last second to download it). You will be able to login using 5.4.8 client after the update.

Feel free to post any question here, so we keep this forum section clean. If I or the rest of the community think that your question should be added in this post, i will do that.

Thank you.
    Edited: January 23, 2016

2. I got a question. In the devlog released November 14, 2015. it was stated that Battle for Gilneas and Alterac Valley are being prepared. While this devlog did mention bfg it didn't say anything about AV. Have they forgotten to write it in or was the idea scraped.

PS: yay for the extra 2 bgs, that's a nice surprise.

3. Q: Can I login with 5.4.8 client now?
    A: No. You should just download it now, so you don't wait a long time to download it after the patch is released(Because a lot of people will wait the last second to download it). You will be able to login using 5.4.8 client after the update.
    Just want to add this.
    Ppl dont need to download the whole client again. If you have 5.4.2 you just need a new exe nothing more. The .exe is around 12MB.
    Q: When will the new gear come out?
    A: It is said that new gear will come out (PvP along with PvE) as soon as they fix all post-update bug, and crashes. The testers will do their job and its should be qucik enough. You are playing here for free. So you just have to be patient, and wait.
    like you say this you may confuse ppl, cause new PVP Gear comes not before SoO. And after they fix all post-update bugs/lag they open tot hc, this will "only" bring new PVE Gear. If i should guess i would say we dont see any new Pvp Gear in this and min also in the next season.

4. You can compare 5.4.8 with 5.4.2 and download the missing files sure.

5. Hi, Will there be Season/CP reset on tuesday?

6. BlueAo, what do you mean by compare?.. i mean, will a tree of the directory need to be checked manually (or posted by someone), or we can just download Wow.exe and leave the rest to the app?.. and, if the latter, can we download any of them before Tuesday?..

7. For those that do not want to download complete client and will tinker themselves.
    This is why my folder looks like http://i.imgur.com/vqxdr2r.png http://i.imgur.com/bPLaFzf.png
    these are not official instructions on how to "install".
    Edited: January 22, 2016

8. Okey, So.. for the missing files like BlueAo said, i gather them up in a Zip file alone with a 5.4.8 launcher that works with the current patch as well, Enjoy.

Link: Mega.nz.

Spoiler: Show

Here's what i did to upgrade my 5.4.2 client to 5.4.8 without having to download half of the internet.

The New Patch will be released this Monday, 26th of January 2016.

The process is simple, you just have to download a 25mb~ zip file containing the new patch files and a new launcher¹ and do this.

Step-by-Step guide:
    *it is advised to make a copy of your current game just in case*

1) Get the Zip file containing the files & launcher here: https://goo.gl/GmtCrX
    2) Unzip it, and locate the folders.
    3) Copy what's in "Data" into your current² 5.4.2 client's Data folder.
    4) Copy what's in "Data/enUS" into your current² 5.4.2 client's Data/enUS folder.

***(if you have something different than enUS, simply rename the files "wow-update-enUS-17xxx.MPQ" to "wow-update-enXX-17xxx.MPQ" XX being the language you have "enGB, enFR for example and also change this line SET locale "enUS" in the Config.wtf file to your language by changing enUS to enXX" )***

5) Copy the WTF folder as it is to your current² 5.4.2 Client's Folder.
    6) And finally, copy the launcher along with the other files in the main directory "Scan.dll/wow.mfil" provided in the Zip file.

Links!
    The patches & launcher Zip file: https://goo.gl/GmtCrX
    Winrar to Un-zip it: http://goo.gl/y7hIk6

¹.It's a Launcher from a different server.
    ².By current i mean the one you're using to play right now, please make a backup.

9. Okey, So.. for the missing files like BlueAo said, i gather them up in a Zip file alone with a 5.4.8 launcher that works with the current patch as well, Enjoy.
    nice work, thanks!

is that the 64 bit exe?

i saw the Scan-64.dll not really much of a tech person, but does it mean we can run it natively on a 64 bit system?

10. yeah they should bring Alterac valley

11. So regarding 5.4.8 update, do we need just new wow.exe file or there is more new files that we need? Thanks for clarification.

12. So regarding 5.4.8 update, do we need just new wow.exe file or there is more new files that we need? Thanks for clarification.
    it seems you just need the new "wow.exe", this works if you have a MoP client without WoD mdoels otherwise i do not know if it would work

13. -What about professions?
    After the new patch is released how do I learn the new blue pvp set recipes?

- Where will they sell the new pvp gear? Same place as now?

14. -What about professions?
    After the new patch is released how do I learn the new blue pvp set recipes?

- Where will they sell the new pvp gear? Same place as now?
    There will be no new pvp gear, because we dont have a new raid of the same level yet

12 Last