1. Oh yeah i saw this recklessnes strategy at 1500 mmr games a few times
    There is absolutely no reason to not buff urself with rechlessnes or retaliation before u are going to attack. Before u attack u have anyway zero rage so there is nothing to lose.
    maybe try playing prot warrior yourself, you will realize that 90% of the time you cant shattering throw because you dont have bloodrage
    In this case u are waisting bloodrage for the wrong abilitys.
    It is absolute essential to burst bubble/ice block with shattering throw. Especially in 3s when u play with a second dps.

If u never use rechlessness, Shattering Throw and retaliation at all u can still do fine but then u dont play ur prot warrior to its full potential.

2. Why the **** would you waste time poping retal when you could sit in Defensive Stance for the 5% damage buff, always on retal-like talent called Damage Shield, and passive damage reduction?? Also, doesn't retal share a short CD with shield wall? What a waste. I understand poping reck, but retal just seems like a massive waste of time.
    Edited: January 24, 2016

3. U dont need to stay in battle stance to have retaliation active.
    Even pve tanks a pre buffing retaliation before they attack the boss.
    The ability has only small use in pvp but its worth it under certain circumstance.

4. U dont need to stay in battle stance to have retaliation active.
    Even pve tanks a pre buffing retaliation before they attack the boss.
    The ability has only small use in pvp but its worth it under certain circumstance.
    I never said you had to stay in battle stance, I just said poping it looks like a (waste of time)/dangerous when iirc it shares a small CD with shield wall and doesn't really offer that much.

5. I never said you had to stay in battle stance, I just said poping it looks like a (waste of time)/dangerous when iirc it shares a small CD with shield wall and doesn't really offer that much.
    It requires u 1,5 sec to activate retaliation.
    Its only a waist of time when u have a other ability to use in this short time interval.
    I dont deny though that the ability has only very rare usage.

A situation where I use it for example is in arena when fighting against a other melee who is currently on the other side of the piller. In this case I quickly buff myself with retaliation while trying to reach the enemy.

6. It requires u 1,5 sec to activate retaliation.
    Its only a waist of time when u have a other ability to use in this short time interval.

A situation where I use it for example is in arena when fighting against a other melee who is currently on the other side of the piller. In this case I quickly buff myself with retaliation while trying to reach the enemy.
    the problem is, that only dumbest melee will attack prot war just to give him more rage. the general strategy against prot war is - if u dont see it, it doesnt exists. so basically - u either cc prot or ignore him completely.

so ye, enjoy rage starving, while trying to use some abilities, which are ****ing waste anyway

7. so ye, enjoy rage starving, while trying to use some abilities, which are ****ing waste anyway
    I don't understand all the fuss about ragestarving... if you switch stances below 25 rage you are not loosing any. Skip 1 hs -> enough rage.

8. There is absolutely no reason to not buff urself with rechlessnes or retaliation before u are going to attack. Before u attack u have anyway zero rage so there is nothing to lose.

In this case u are waisting bloodrage for the wrong abilitys.
    It is absolute essential to burst bubble/ice block with shattering throw. Especially in 3s when u play with a second dps.

If u never use rechlessness, Shattering Throw and retaliation at all u can still do fine but then u dont play ur prot warrior to its full potential.
    "play prot warrior to full potential"

i use recklesness to avoid fear 90% of the time and not before the arena even starts, any non molten player will use it to do 20% more dmg to you

btw you need to use bloodrage on cd most of the time, saving it for potential shatterting throw is dumb

please tell me your at exp so I can learn from the master prot war himself because the things you write are sad

It requires u 1,5 sec to activate retaliation.

if he is on the other side and you pop retail he will never come to you and start attacking lol

I don't understand all the fuss about ragestarving... if you switch stances below 25 rage you are not loosing any. Skip 1 hs -> enough rage.
    as prot you only retain 10 rage after switching stance

9. [QUOTE=uyouoityuyt;2613799]Oh yeah i saw this recklessnes strategy at 1500 mmr games a few times

Well, if you have something better to offer as strategy, I'll be more than happy if you tell me about it! :)

10. "play prot warrior to full potential"

i use recklesness to avoid fear 90% of the time and not before the arena even starts, any non molten player will use it to do 20% more dmg to you

btw you need to use bloodrage on cd most of the time, saving it for potential shatterting throw is dumb

please tell me your at exp so I can learn from the master prot war himself because the things you write are sad

if he is on the other side and you pop retail he will never come to you and start attacking lol

as prot you only retain 10 rage after switching stance
    dont bother to argue with him about pvp. as i see now - he is just another theorycrafter. like srlsry, from his advises i can saym that he never reached 1800 mmr at least as prot warr. just think about it - he is advising stance dance as prot warr, kek

11. Well, if you have something better to offer as strategy, I'll be more than happy if you tell me about it! :)
    arena-wise recklessness should and must be used only to avoid fear. it can be used for nuke only in duels or if u faced some ungeread/unskilled opponents on arena.

just read the tooltip its 20% increase on incoming damage - any decent caster will just CC and rape u.

12. Guys! All the fuss in here and u havent yet spoken anything of value! Can you actually give me some simple fight strategy ( rotation ), some macros and answer my questions about the talent tree :
    " Thank you! I want to know aswell if it's worth it to spec into HS ( 3 pts in Incite over Anticipation in prot tree and 3 pts in Improved HS over Deflection in Arms) also i got the glyph for HS(I just thought that 3% parry and 3% dodge are less important than some increase in overall damage). I made a macro for Devastate+HS too. I want to know if all this is legit? "

13. so ye, enjoy rage starving, while trying to use some abilities, which are ****ing waste anyway
    I really dont get why u keep coming with this rage starve nonsense.
    I said repeatedly that retaliation and rechlessnes are precasted before u attack.

And btw, u even gain more rage when rechlessnes is up because u land guaranteed crits and they generate extra rage.

i use recklesness to avoid fear 90% of the time and not before the arena even starts,
    What u are doing there is called "stance dancing".
    any non molten player will use it to do 20% more dmg to you
    If this is the case nothing stops u from cancelling the recklesness buff.

Waisting bloodrage for a few extra attacks is dumb when u face oppenents which can bubble/ice block.
    Always save ur bloodrage for the Shattering throw so u are able to burst bubble/ice block in 1,5 sec.
    This is especially important when u have a second damage dealer in ur team and u are going for a kill.

14. Guys! All the fuss in here and u havent yet spoken anything of value! Can you actually give me some simple fight strategy ( rotation ), some macros and answer my questions about the talent tree :
    " Thank you! I want to know aswell if it's worth it to spec into HS ( 3 pts in Incite over Anticipation in prot tree and 3 pts in Improved HS over Deflection in Arms) also i got the glyph for HS(I just thought that 3% parry and 3% dodge are less important than some increase in overall damage). I made a macro for Devastate+HS too. I want to know if all this is legit? "
    That should answer ur questions: http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...e675b88#p17520

15. Guys! All the fuss in here and u havent yet spoken anything of value! Can you actually give me some simple fight strategy ( rotation ), some macros and answer my questions about the talent tree :
    deavastate+hs macro isnt legit, remove it asap. u will never have enough rage to spam it.
    as for macro's
    i use this (for bg only):
    #showtooltip Charge(Rank 3)
    /castsequence [harm] reset=14 Charge,Intercept; [help] Intervene
    basically it is charge+intercept+intervene in 1 button - very good, but only for bg's
    another one:
    #showtooltip Berserker Rage
    /cancelaura [nomod] Enraged Regeneration
    /cast [nomod] Berserker Rage
    this is another basic arms macro, which can be (and should) used by prot,

First 1234 Last