1. deavastate+hs macro isnt legit, remove it asap. u will never have enough rage to spam it.
    as for macro's
    i use this (for bg only):
    #showtooltip Charge(Rank 3)
    /castsequence [harm] reset=14 Charge,Intercept; [help] Intervene
    basically it is charge+intercept+intervene in 1 button - very good, but only for bg's
    another one:
    #showtooltip Berserker Rage
    /cancelaura [nomod] Enraged Regeneration
    /cast [nomod] Berserker Rage
    this is another basic arms macro, which can be (and should) used by prot,

Should I go for glyph of HS?

2. #showtooltip Charge(Rank 3)
    /castsequence [harm] reset=14 Charge,Intercept; [help] Intervene
    basically it is charge+intercept+intervene in 1 button - very good, but only for bg's
    U dont need a castsequence for that.
    Problem with ur castsequence macro is that it resets after 14 seconds from the last macro use and not from the first macro use.
    It can happen that the castsequence want to execute intercept while the ability is still on cd and charge would be ready.

/cast [harm] charge
    /cast [harm] Intercept
    /cast [help] Intervene

This macro does the same thing but use charge always over intercept when both abilitys are ready.

3. Should I go for glyph of HS?
    personnaly i've never used that glyph, i always preferred combo of glyph of blocking+glyph of devastate+glyph of shock wave , but using glyph of blocking is debatable, since it can be swapped with glyph of revenge or hs glyph. i almost never use heroic strike anyways, since i dont rely on its weak dmg (max i've seen was 3k crit on full resil target with full procs)

4. U dont need a castsequence for that.
    Problem with ur castsequence macro is that it resets after 14 seconds from the last macro use and not from the first macro use.
    It can happen that the castsequence want to execute intercept while the ability is still on cd and charge would be ready.

/cast [harm] charge
    /cast [harm] Intercept
    /cast [help] Intervene

This macro does the same thing but use charge always over intercept when both abilitys are ready.
    my macro works just fine for bg, i never use that **** for arena since those /cast [@arena1] /cast [mod:(inser random **** here),@arena2] works way more superior

5. Should I go for glyph of HS?
    Offensively, yes because prots tend to want to crit a lot anyway. There are other situational choices but hs is one of those glyphs you can take anytime along with the mandatory blocking glyph.

6. Offensively, yes because prots tend to want to crit a lot anyway. There are other situational choices but hs is one of those glyphs you can take anytime along with the mandatory blocking glyph.

Im already at 1960 bv so I dont need glyph of blocking. I will either go for enr regen or last stand over HS as i dont use it that much really

7. Lower your bv gear then so you can equip more dps in your gear since that will in turn benefit all your offensive abilities. Enraged regen and last stand are good but very situational like in duels where you absolutely just need the extra survivability for some reason(In 3s this won't be a problem in 2s you'd always go for the quickest kills with a dps partner). Glyph of blocking has nearly 100% uptime since you'd be using shield slam often with sword and board.

8. Im using glyph of blocking, shockwave and devestate.
    I dont like glyph of heart strike. The average pvp geared opponent has like 12% crit reduction through resilience so heart strike has around 36% chance to crit.
    Imo its not a big deal to regain 10 rage on every third heart strike.

9. Why the **** would you waste time poping retal when you could sit in Defensive Stance for the 5% damage buff, always on retal-like talent called Damage Shield, and passive damage reduction?? Also, doesn't retal share a short CD with shield wall? What a waste. I understand poping reck, but retal just seems like a massive waste of time.

Bro, in Defensive stance u get 5% damage DECREASE. :)

10. Bro, in Defensive stance u get 5% damage DECREASE. :)
    thats why u should sit in it 24/7.

11. thats why u should sit in it 24/7.
    Kosticka playing prot warr on AT: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=199897
    03:41 stance dancing to battle stance to apply harmstring (2v2 2800+)
    18:12 stance dancing to battle stance to use shattering throw against ice block (3v3 2250+)
    27:18 stance dancing to battle stance to use shattering throw against Hand of Protection (3v3 2400+)

Putting 3 points in http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=12677 makes u able to keep 25 rage when stance dancing.

12. Kosticka playing prot warr on AT: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=199897
    18:12 stance dancing to battle stance to use shattering throw against ice block (3v3 2250+)
    27:18 stance dancing to battle stance to use shattering throw against Hand of Protection (3v3 2400+)

Putting 3 points in http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=12677 makes u able to keep 25 rage when stance dancing.
    changing stance 1 fuken time for whole fight cant be called stance dancing, if u still haven't figured that out of 3 pages of this thread, im just leaving

13. Just to quote ur own word:
    thats why u should sit in it 24/7.
    Retaliation is ****ing waste for prot; Shattering trow even worse
    U want to teach ppl how to play prot while u dont even use shattering throw...

changing stance 1 fuken time for whole fight cant be called stance dancing, if u still haven't figured that out of 3 pages of this thread, im just leaving
    Thats just ur interpretation of what stance dancing means.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Stance_dancing
    "Stance dancing is the art of changing stances briefly to use abilities from different stances. Because not all abilities are available in all stances, there were many situations where even tanking warriors will be required to change stances. "

14. Kosticka playing prot warr on AT: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=199897

Do you even realize how pathetic and stupid you look to everybody with 50+ IQ?

Unless you are a troll, then you are really good troll i must admit.

15. Do you even realize how pathetic and stupid you look to everybody with 50+ IQ?

Unless you are a troll, then you are really good troll i must admit.
    Im not trolling at all.
    Im just making clear that everybody who is staying in def stance 24/7 doesnt play his prot warr to its full potential.
    It seems that certain individuals dont even know that u have to use shattering throw as prot warr but want to teach other ppl how to play the class.

Stance dancing means nothing else than switching for a short time period to a different stance in order to activate useful abilitys.
    Nothing else does the prot warr in the video.
    Edited: January 27, 2016

First 1234 Last