1. Tips for Protection Warrior PvP/patch 3.3.5(Deathwing)

Hi guys, Im a newbie prot warrior in this server and expansion, i used to play a lot of Arms PvP in Neltharion (2.2k Batbayan). However Im having hard times mastering the prot spec's strenghts in this patch and I can definitely use some useful tips, starting with macros lol - things are different in Wotlk! I want only expirienced or somewhat expirienced players to leave a reply! Thanks in advance!

2. prot pvp is ****ing faceroll bruh, just get ur gear, charge into that ******, shield slam/shockwave, gg

3. prot pvp is ****ing faceroll bruh, just get ur gear, charge into that ******, shield slam/shockwave, gg
    Pretty much this^

What other reply do you expect? Charge into that mother****er with Recklessness and Lavanthor's Talisman, slap his face with your hand-door, then Shockwave his *** and teabag his corpse. Prot PvP is a fun spec, most of all.

You can also read here.

4. Pretty much this^

What other reply do you expect? Charge into that mother****er with Recklessness and Lavanthor's Talisman, slap his face with your hand-door, then Shockwave his *** and teabag his corpse. Prot PvP is a fun spec, most of all.

You can also read here.
    I have read this guide, but it is outdated, as sbv's cap is 1960 now ( tested it myself ) and gear requirements have changed. Anyway, the hardest part for me is macroing for PvP. I feel like I can't utilize my skills as much as want to. :)

5. I have read this guide, but it is outdated, as sbv's cap is 1960 now ( tested it myself ) and gear requirements have changed. Anyway, the hardest part for me is macroing for PvP. I feel like I can't utilize my skills as much as want to. :)
    for bg u just dont need any macro's, there is no need for them. if u're planning to do arena as prot, just use arms macro's for charge/intercept/intervene/fear/disarm(focus disarm)/berserker rage (that one with /cancelaura Enrage regeneration) thats it

stat wise - just cap 1960-1970 bv and stack arp as mad man after, ez game, ez 10k crits on full resil targets (when full bis obviously)

6. #showtoltip Retaliation
    /castsequence reset=5 battle stance,null
    /cast Retaliation
    /cast Defensive Stance

*Switch to battle stance, use Retaliation and then switches back to defensive stance.
    "/castsequence reset=5 battle stance,null" makes sure that Battle stance is only once used when spamming the macro.

#showtoltip Recklessness
    /castsequence reset=5 Berserker Stance,null
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Defensive Stance

*Switch to Berserker Stance, use Recklessness and then switches back to defensive stance.
    "/castsequence reset=5 Berserker Stance,null" makes sure that Berserker Stance is only once used when spamming the macro.

#showtoltip Shattering Throw
    /castsequence reset=10 Battle Stance,null
    /cast Bloodrage
    /castsequence reset=10 Shattering Throw,Defensive Stance,Defensive Stance,null

*Switch to Battle Stance, use bloodrage + Shattering Throw and then switches back to defensive stance.

Good prot warriors are stance dancing and dont sit in defensive stance 24/7.

7. Good prot warriors are stance dancing and dont sit in defensive stance 24/7.
    after this, i wont take seriously any of your posts on warmane forum. either trolling or dont have a clue. but if u prefer to stance dance as prot go forward and enjoy ur rage starve 24/7

8. after this, i wont take seriously any of your posts on warmane forum. either trolling or dont have a clue. but if u prefer to stance dance as prot go forward and enjoy ur rage starve 24/7
    Yeah, u are one of these prot warriors that sits in def stance and waits an hour until bubble/ice block fades from the enemy. :D

Do u know what stance dancing actually means?
    "Stance dancing is the art of changing stances briefly to use abilities from different stances. Because not all abilities are available in all stances, there were many situations where even tanking warriors will be required to change stances. "

It means that u switch to a different stance to use certain powerful abilitys and then switch back to ur usual stance.
    Nothing else does a arms warrior and in certain circumstances its also worth to stance dance as prot.

If u are one of these prot warrior that doesnt use Shattering Throw, Retaliation and Recklessness at all then u dont play the spec to its full potential.
    Edited: January 23, 2016

9. Thank you! I want to know aswell if it's worth it to spec into HS ( 3 pts in Incite over Anticipation in prot tree and 3 pts in Improved HS over Deflection in Arms) also i got the glyph for HS(I just thought that 3% parry and 3% dodge are less important than some increase in overall damage). I made a macro for Devastate+HS too. I want to know if all this is legit?

10. #showtoltip Retaliation
    /castsequence reset=5 battle stance,null
    /cast Retaliation
    /cast Defensive Stance

*Switch to battle stance, use Retaliation and then switches back to defensive stance.
    "/castsequence reset=5 battle stance,null" makes sure that Battle stance is only once used when spamming the macro.

#showtoltip Recklessness
    /castsequence reset=5 Berserker Stance,null
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Defensive Stance

*Switch to Berserker Stance, use Recklessness and then switches back to defensive stance.
    "/castsequence reset=5 Berserker Stance,null" makes sure that Berserker Stance is only once used when spamming the macro.

#showtoltip Shattering Throw
    /castsequence reset=10 Battle Stance,null
    /cast Bloodrage
    /castsequence reset=10 Shattering Throw,Defensive Stance,Defensive Stance,null

*Switch to Battle Stance, use bloodrage + Shattering Throw and then switches back to defensive stance.

These macros dont return me to Defensive Stance.

11. These macros dont return me to Defensive Stance.
    Im using the german game client which requires german macros.
    I translated the macros to english but there might be a misspelling somewhere.

Ill check it again.

edit.
    Just checked the macros on my english client.
    Everything works fine for me.
    U bind the macros to actionbar 1 which changes when switching the stance?
    In this case make sure that u use in every stance the same macro on the bar.
    Edited: January 23, 2016

12. Yeah, u are one of these prot warriors that sits in def stance and waits an hour until bubble/ice block fades from the enemy. :D

Do u know what stance dancing actually means?
    "Stance dancing is the art of changing stances briefly to use abilities from different stances. Because not all abilities are available in all stances, there were many situations where even tanking warriors will be required to change stances. "

It means that u switch to a different stance to use certain powerful abilitys and then switch back to ur usual stance.
    Nothing else does a arms warrior and in certain circumstances its also worth to stance dance as prot.

If u are one of these prot warrior that doesnt use Shattering Throw, Retaliation and Recklessness at all then u dont play the spec to its full potential.
    Retaliation is ****ing waste for prot; Shattering trow even worse; Recklessness can be used once in 5mins so u dont need to "stance dance" for it.
    enjoy zero rage=zero dmg output

13. Retaliation is ****ing waste for prot; Shattering trow even worse; Recklessness can be used once in 5mins so u dont need to "stance dance" for it.
    enjoy zero rage=zero dmg output
    U probably dont know that a prot warr can burst a bubble or ice block in the same speed like a arms warrior.
    Battle stance+bloodrage+shattering throw. The bubble is down after 1,5 sec.

U rather wanna stay in def stance and wait 12 sec until the bubble fades because u dont want to lose rage???
    Following ur logic a arms warrior should also stay in battle stance 24/7 because rage goes over everything else.

About rechlessness and retaliation:
    These arent abilitys that u are using during ur burst phase.
    U precast these abilitys straight before u are going to attack.

iSullivan
    7% hit cap never forget

15. About rechlessness and retaliation:
    These arent abilitys that u are using during ur burst phase.
    U precast these abilitys straight before u are going to attack.
    Oh yeah i saw this recklessnes strategy at 1500 mmr games a few times

cant believe somebody can be so clueless as this Jakkre guy

i wish he was troll, but judging by all his forum posts sadly he isnt.

maybe try playing prot warrior yourself, you will realize that 90% of the time you cant shattering throw because you dont have bloodrage

123 ... Last