1. Did anybody get a reply yet? I really want to help as a tester but I understand if there's only a limited number of "tester"-slots. Just curious if this is going anywhere because I miss RDF and this would be at least something near it.

Clearly a matter of perspectiv. For me - as I can't stand global for more than a minute or so - the lack of RDF makes WoW more like a solo-player-game. Why party up with anybody while leveling? It's faster when you do it alone. Dungeons provide gear you dont need while leveling and give less xp than questing if you look at xp/time. I simply grind my way solo from 1-80 because there's no reason to do dungeons. This would change with RDF. Dungeons would make sense again (they do now as fun-part of the game. But they're techincally useless).
    At level 80 things change. Dungeons are important to gain reputation and gear. Players need to form a party. There's no need for RDF, the game works fine without.

Oh: And it forces me to play a DPS-Specc rather than a heal-specc, because questing, which is the fastest way to lvl 80, is awefull as a healer.
    At first of all, if you've read any of my other post on this thread, i'm very pro for a LFG add on and completely support what the OP here is doing.

I just wanted to get that out of the way. Now on to the meat of your post; I don't really see much of an issue with global chat at least not in a toxic way, you really didn't say what your problem with global is, so i'm only assuming it's of a toxic nature, but i'm just saying i see more people looking for group, or to sell stuff, or even guild recruitment, but rarely seen any real general conversations.

On to your second point, I was just wondering if we're playing on the same server? I only ask this because i've leveled a horde Rogue to 55 on Lorde, then a dk to 80 (also Horde) and now i'm leveling an Alliance Priest and she's in her 40's and I've healed a number of dungeons as Shadow and when I'm questing I rarely don't seen people not willing to join parties and team up. I guess I just know how to stop and whisper the guy next to me and talk to people. I don't think your problem is lack of RDF or Not being able to level as a healer, it's that you seem to be lacking some social skills. Maybe you should try and team up more when you're out there in the open world and adding people to your friends list.

As far dungeons go and this'll be my final point, but as someone that played retail for 9 years and was there when RDF came out and was there when LFR came out, I can honestly say that this was a huge turning point for WoW and when people started to lose interest as WoW became less social. Sure we were spending more time in parties and running dungeons, but honestly it seemed like people really weren't talking to each other anymore, it went from dungeons being fun, to just business. You zone in, run the dungeon, all goes smooth, never talk to anyone again, things go bad you VTK someone, replace them and carry on. I think for many people the game because to casual and like a job and less like hanging out with friends and making new friends.

Listen man, i'm sure you have your own perspective on all that i've touched on and i'm sure you're a swell guy, but maybe Lordaeron isn't for you? Ever thought about switching to Rag/DW as I know there's no RDF there either, but at least you can get to endgame super fast and not have to really work about that old school hardcore feeling that people (like me and others) have wanted back in WoW for a long long time.

**Yes Rag/DW are a bit broken and have their issues, but hopefully soon enough WM will be porting the core on over and you won't have to worry to much about to many bugged quest, dungeons, and raids.

Take care and good luck man.

2. You didnt get my point. Teaming up doesnt make any sense. I can team up, ofc. Question is: Why? It's absolutly contraproductive to the goals of the game (ingame goals. the outgame goal to have fun with other guys is ofc better achieved when teamed up).

My point is: Dungeons are a waste of time without RDF. There's absolutly no reason to do dungeons besides having fun. May sound a little strange but I call this bad gamedesign. An aspect of the game which doesnt give any benefits (gear is no real benefit while leveling) isnt part of a good design. They fixed this with RDF. Yeah, I know the issue with RDF. Ppl dont even say "hi" when a dungeongroup is found, they all act like the others are bots, unless you get them to talk to you. Dude, I had so many nice RDF-Groups on oldLordaeron and other privateservers. I could now turn tables and presume " that you seem to be lacking some social skills" if you can't start a communication in a RDF-group, but cmon. Assumptions like this are not getting us anywhere.
    Don't worry about my social skills ;)

You might think the missing RDF is a good thing. I don't. I told'ya why. Sure I can play WoW as a mmorpg, but all ingame-mechanics tell me not to unless I'm level 80 (I do some dungeons from time to time, just to experience a multiplayer-feeling. But that's not the point).

Oh and well: I am and will be playing on Lordaeron because it's a x1 server. I'm not here for the hardcore-feeling because there is non. WoW isn't hardcore. Don't fool yourself. It may be very timeconsuming but you don't need any skill (except pvp where difficulty is set by your opponents). But thanks for your suggestions.

That said: Let's not use this thread for discussions if RDF is a good thing or not. It was my bad to answer your post, let's not continue on this.
    The more important part was the first part of my previous post. This thread is about the Dungeon Finder Addon and I hope it will be released soon.
    If you feel the urgent need to discuss pros and cons of RDF further feel free to send me a PM.

Take care and good luck man.
    Thanks, you too.

Edit: Don't get my post wrong. I'm not trying to convince Staff to enable RDF. Won't happen, I know that. Just saying RDF would be a good feature imo. That's all. And not because I expect to "rush trough levels", but because I want to be able to do dungeons without knowing I'm kinda wasting my time. Or at least RDF before lvl 80.
    But finding new ways to encourage players to group up would be a very good alternativ. I'd take that one as well :)
    Every class with selfheal, CC and/or slow can solo almost any quests. There are like 3 quests you want to do while leveling which you can not do on your own. That's far to less for an mmo in my opinion.
    Edited: January 29, 2016

3. You didnt get my point. Teaming up doesnt make any sense. I can team up, ofc. Question is: Why? It's absolutly contraproductive to the goals of the game (ingame goals. the outgame goal to have fun with other guys is ofc better achieved when teamed up).

My point is: Dungeons are a waste of time without RDF. There's absolutly no reason to do dungeons besides having fun. May sound a little strange but I call this bad gamedesign. An aspect of the game which doesnt give any benefits (gear is no real benefit while leveling) isnt part of a good design. They fixed this with RDF. Yeah, I know the issue with RDF. Ppl dont even say "hi" when a dungeongroup is found, they all act like the others are bots, unless you get them to talk to you. Dude, I had so many nice RDF-Groups on oldLordaeron and other privateservers. I could now turn tables and presume " that you seem to be lacking some social skills" if you can't start a communication in a RDF-group, but cmon. Assumptions like this are not getting us anywhere.
    Don't worry about my social skills ;)
    This is a strawman argument as Blizzard NEVER once said they put in RDF to fix a bad game design because Loot and Dungeon XP wasn't good enough. The whole reason they offered a free satchel and Exp at the end of your RDF run was to insure that players would actually use RDF as they did say that they didn't feel players would really use it and they wanted to make sure players did use their new tool as they sank plenty of man hours into designing and programming it that they didn't want it to be a waste. Unfortunately as this was put in in late 2008 I can't seem to find any articles on the design choice of RDF, they just talked about over all how hard it was to make groups for dungeons and to get there and they wanted to take that pressure off the players and they did, they just went over board and did to much as it turned the game very hollow and Blizzard had to do a 180 in Cata because they didn't realize they weren't really giving players enough of a reason for them to leave their capitals.

So my point being, even Blizzard realized they went over-board with RDF's design and had to start putting in new things like Pet Battles, Legendary Quest, and treasure hunting to encourage players to get out of their capitals, and as this is a WoTLk server there aren't a lot of reason's to leave Dalaran from a PvE PoV other then maybe to do dailies and farm mats.

To sum up your point i'll just say I think you're really wrong here about the games original game design, other then of course Blizzard NEVER being satisfied with their game design, so they'll just just things because they feel they have to do something, but it was never broken in the first place other then it was hard to get groups going in the first place, that which i've conceded that we need a good LFG too. The XP from dungeons is/was fine, you just can't fly through levels like you're expecting to, here you're being forced to slow down and IMO that's a good thing as you know what's out there and unless you feel the need to play Cata WoTLK will sooner then later become a dead end and the faster you get there, the faster your going to end up with less to do.

You might think the missing RDF is a good thing. I don't. I told'ya why. Sure I can play WoW as a mmorpg, but all ingame-mechanics tell me not to unless I'm level 80 (I do some dungeons from time to time, just to experience a multiplayer-feeling. But that's not the point).
    Um, okay? There are plenty of in-game mechanics while leveling that tell me you're so wrong here. There is mob density for one, to many mobs and it can be a pain to level at some places as you can get wiped by over pulling or if there's to few of mobs you can share the mobs by grouping up and both you and the party members get credit. How is this not encouraging players to team up?

and we have World Elites that are most often to hard to solo for the average/new player and sometimes even for the experienced player, IE: that Elite Giant that walks the coast of Southern STV that you have to kill for a quest, sure you can wait out several levels and come back and solo him, but the longer you wait out the less exp you're gonna get, so there's some forced grouping right there.

and I also explained that the amount of Exp from dungeons is IMO just fine as it shouldn't help you to easily pass levels but to help you get from one level to another, gear is just an extra perk. I feel you're experience with WoW has been more on the current fast track model versus how it use to be where it did take some effort to get to endgame and to get geared up and that's what Warmane here is shooting for because they know.....They know that some players want to take their time and not rush through the content, that's why the designed two types of servers and the one for you is no Lordaeron, so you have a way out and don't have to ruin my gaming experience or anyone else that enjoys Lord the way it is.

Oh and well: I am and will be playing on Lordaeron because it's a x1 server. I'm not here for the hardcore-feeling because there is non. WoW isn't hardcore. Don't fool yourself. It may be very timeconsuming but you don't need any skill (except pvp where difficulty is set by your opponents). But thanks for your suggestions.
    I can't force you off the server and i'm not going to, you'll play for your own reasons, but you can't expect Warmane to build towards your will as they've admitted that the server is designed to what the staff wants and not what they think the community wants and to me (and others) we agree with them, that's why we're not complaining for them to change their goals and you're only kidding yourself if you think they'll actually listen to anyone else out there about server choice design.

Hardcore is in the eye of the beholder. No I don't think WoTLK was as hardcore as Vanilla or Everquest when it came out, but WoTLK is still far more hardcore then Current Retail WoW where they've clearly gone over-board as it seems they can't stop shedding subs because Blizzard's clearly lost focus on game design and don't know who to cater to. For many people WoTLK was a happy medium, hardcore, but not over-board, casual, but not to casual, that's why so many people loved it and it's been voted Best WoW Expansion ever!

That said: Let's not use this thread for discussions if RDF is a good thing or not. It was my bad to answer your post, let's not continue on this.
    The more important part was the first part of my previous post. This thread is about the Dungeon Finder Addon and I hope it will be released soon.
    If you feel the urgent need to discuss pros and cons of RDF further feel free to send me a PM.
    I can agree to this and I really hate responding to the Pro-RDF crowd as it starts to get old and these people often seem entitled to have WoW the way they wanted it, but that isn't the case here as Warmane has said several times that RDF isn't going to be part of Lordaeron's core several times.

But I also see the value of what the OP of this thread is trying to do and i admire and respect him greatly as one of the best features Blizzard put into the game was WoD's LFG tool as it's better to help players make groups, but not do it all for them and the their current LFG tool got a lot of huge positive feedback as it was what players had been wanting forever, it just took someone else (Oqueue) to show them that it was really needed.

Cheers!

P.S. I'd rather Warmane find positive ways to encourage low level grouping like lower the level and cost Duel Spec to 20 and 40g (or something like that) or even keep it at 40, but drop the price to 100g as i find duel spec far more valuable to the core of the game and to the community as a whole then RDF is and it really doesn't change the "Blizz like" quality as the level and cost was dropped in cata as Blizzard swiftly learn that Duel spec was very well needed by even the lower level players.

4. desperately needed

Finding a dungeon below level 80 is pure suffering

5. i love this idea too, can't wait to use it

6. +1 for the addon, make our dream come true man! :D

7. RDF was a FAIL in WOW because it hooked you up with people from other realms that you would never see again.
    RDF would be COMPLETELY FINE if it was limited to a smaller subset of people, like for instance, a single server [just like we have here on warmane]
    I WANT to meet people to play with. I WANT to make friends to chill and level and quest and dungeon, but spamming global?

Nah, ain't happening.
    +1 idea. Lets go and help / meet new ppl!

8. I WANT to meet people to play with. I WANT to make friends
    Go outside maybe ? Irl is happening.

First ... 456