1. SM or Gloren?

Is the SM really worth the 150 coins or will I be fine with a gloren on a BiS Pally for PvP?

2. Hundreds of paladins are fine without shadowmourne. mourne is superior though, except in the 2-3 fights where you don't want to inflict AOE damage at all (BPC, and some specific dungeon achieves)

Edit : For PVP...mourne is superiour in every way

3. Elitist Jerk's 3.3 Ret BIS show estimated DPS difference with and without Shadowmourne in BIS gear:

BIS + Oathbinder DPS: 12,537
    BIS + Shadowmourne DPS: 13,708
    DPS Variance = 1171 (9.34% more DPS with Shadowmourne)

In my own RAWR DPS estimates (includes full ICC raid buffs and consumables):

BIS + Oathbinder DPS: 18,553
    BIS + Shadowmourne DPS: 20,679
    DPS Variance = 2126 (11.5% more DPS with Shadowmourne)

So it's about a 10% DPS increase and lots of swirlies. Is 10% less DPS going to keep you out of high end raids? No, but you can get closer to topping DPS chart with SM of course.

Reference:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forum...-lists-for-33/

4. And about those fights that don't want AoE damage, you can easily macro cancelaura into Judgement while you're at that fight so you don't gain stacks.

5. And about those fights that don't want AoE damage, you can easily macro cancelaura into Judgement while you're at that fight so you don't gain stacks.
    Just to clarify in case you do go this route. You'd want to cancel the Soul Fragment buff in this case not Chaos Bane of course. Instead of using a binding with your judgment you can use an addon called Freeme. It's light with no UI. Once you install it you type: /Freeme 71905 and it will cancel Soul Fragment every time you get a stack so you will never reach 10. No purple swirlies :(

My 2 cents, I wouldn't bother with canceling Soul Fragments in raids. I can think of a single scenario where you might not want to AOE and that's 1/3 of the BPC fight. You can just skip DPSing on Keleseth especially on HC. To me, it's just not worth the Shadow Prison stacks to walk over to Kel then cancel Soul Fragments and stop using Divine Storm and Consecration. Now canceling Chaos Bane, I like a lot!

Addon Download:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/free-me/files/?sort=type

Soul Fragment spell id: 71905
    Chaos bane spell id : 73422

6. Is the SM really worth the 150 coins or will I be fine with a gloren on a BiS Pally for PvP?
    You said "PvP" so:
    In PvP it depends on what you want to do with pvp. If you are doing BGs shadowmourne is superior.
    If you do arenas then i wouldnt use shadowmourne if i had it in my bag and i also had gloren hc. I would use gloren HC over shadowmourne. Arena is about CC. Your comps as 2 are mostly double dps all of which have CC that break on damage, except UHDK but you would be breaking your Repentance out most likely. Maybe with a DK its a situation were you could take some kind of advantage on your cleave damage with shadowmourne since your dk will put up a lot of diseases. I would say with a DK "is not THAT bad" to break a repentance. Its not desirable though.
    In 3s if you break a CC, you will lose the match.

But again for BGs its a superior weapon cause you rarely CC in a way that you could aoe an opponent that you Repentance'd.

7. Use a cancelaura macro, SMourne >>>>> Glorenzelg even disregarding the Chaos Bane (because you`re cancelling it off)

8. Use a cancelaura macro, SMourne >>>>> Glorenzelg even disregarding the Chaos Bane (because you`re cancelling it off)
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50730
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=49623

Shadowmourne does less weapon damage, gives less crit, and gives 14 more STR if you cancel the chaos bane.
    No...its not worth 150 USD

9. Make a stack counter for Soul Fragments and cancel it on say 5 or 6 in arenas if you're using CC's at the moment. You gain bonus strength from those 5-6 stacks repeatedly, you won't break CC if you don't let it explode. If you didn't put CC up at that moment you can let Chaos Bane explode (but don't use /cancelaura Chaos Bane so you have those 270 str for 10 seconds).

There are many ways to go around it, to me getting to master it to know when to let it explode or when to pull it out (cancel it) is way more fun than just using something other than the SM IF you can get it.
    And SM will be great for you in everything - be it arenas, BG's or raids.

10. Make a stack counter for Soul Fragments and cancel it on say 5 or 6 in arenas if you're using CC's at the moment. You gain bonus strength from those 5-6 stacks repeatedly, you won't break CC if you don't let it explode. If you didn't put CC up at that moment you can let Chaos Bane explode (but don't use /cancelaura Chaos Bane so you have those 270 str for 10 seconds).

There are many ways to go around it, to me getting to master it to know when to let it explode or when to pull it out (cancel it) is way more fun than just using something other than the SM IF you can get it.
    And SM will be great for you in everything - be it arenas, BG's or raids.
    yeah its all true. but he's asking if its worth 150 euro or USD idk. TBH its not if you wana do high rated arena. but if you have this kind of money this weapon is great for bgs. in bgs especially this weapon does massive damage since you will find a lot of people stacked up.

11. Its ... just... OP.
    Shut up! You're a Warrior. :D

12. http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50730
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=49623

Shadowmourne does less weapon damage, gives less crit, and gives 14 more STR if you cancel the chaos bane.
    No...its not worth 150 USD
    (994+1487)/2=1240.5
    (954+1592)/2=1273
    Please enlighten me how 1273 < 1240.5

And that`s not to mention that
    (i) the +.1 weapon speed is incredibly beneficial for your SoR scaling, nevermind it being incredibly beneficial in general
    (ii) you don`t have to spam-cancel your Soul Fragments because you ain`t gonna perma CC people, also you don`t have to cancel until you`re at least 6 or 7 stacks deep

It is definitely a whole lot better than Glorenzelg will ever be. Is it worth the 150 Coins? That`s debateable I guess.

13. (994+1487)/2=1240.5
    (954+1592)/2=1273
    Please enlighten me how 1273 < 1240.5

And that`s not to mention that
    (i) the +.1 weapon speed is incredibly beneficial for your SoR scaling, nevermind it being incredibly beneficial in general
    (ii) you don`t have to spam-cancel your Soul Fragments because you ain`t gonna perma CC people, also you don`t have to cancel until you`re at least 6 or 7 stacks deep

It is definitely a whole lot better than Glorenzelg will ever be. Is it worth the 150 Coins? That`s debateable I guess.
    Yes i realized i was wrong but the discussion here is if its worth 150 Coins and thats pretty much related to his wallet size.
    If you can afford it sure its better. If not, Gloren is a very good weapon aswell.

14. Yes i realized i was wrong but the discussion here is if its worth 150 Coins and thats pretty much related to his wallet size.
    If you can afford it sure its better. If not, Gloren is a very good weapon aswell.
    If you have the money for it sure why not, if you play this game alot it's ok to donate some money to help you along the way, most hobbies costs a bit of money but that dosent mean that just because this server is free you shouldent pay if you want to, It helps the servers stay up, you get a superior weapon aswell.
    I allways think like this. I payed alot of money to buy alot of new games that in the end I stopped play because they got booring in the end, I have been playing on this server since 7 years back and it's my favorite game of all times, yet I havent payed 10% as much to this server then I did on other games, when looking back I rather have spent that money on this game that I actually play and love.

Myself I never play 1 toon only so if I was to get 150 coins I sure as hell wouldent get shadowmourne for 1 toon but instead around 7 others items to boost up all my characters, but whatever floats your boat.

12 Last