1. Gear score and achievement requirements

So I am new to Deathwing and before I seriously invest my time into it I wanted to know 1 thing......Every ICC run i see in global chat has 2 things in common. they all require you to link achievements and be 5k, 5.2k, 5.5k, 5.9k etc gear score. So what I want to know is that if I want to raid at all am I going to have to get these things? Because quite frankly people in wotlk sucked and gear score just allowed people who suck to suck less and say I have gear I must be good. I'm only asking this because I don't want to have to grind all the time just to find out that unless you're pretty much Bis already we don't want you to raid with us.

So I am assuming my only options are get into a guild, buy all my gear off the store, or spam heroics for a long *** time just to get to farm the same raid over and over.

2. Yes

If you dont like grinding how about trying to play mew mew cute kitty. I heard that is more suited for bad players.

3. lol im perfectly fine with grinding...but why grind for all that work just to not really progress in anything and just farm content with the best gear before I start it

4. You can always lead and make your own group.