1. In uTorrent, once you are about to start the download.
    I opened utorrent and selected wow exe only but utorrent is still downloading the 27gs. Any reason why??

2. I use qbittorrent, try it. I can successfully select and downlaod only 1 file from that torrent

3. select ONLY "wow.exe" as file to downlaod. Seriously? like i just need to download 12.54 mb then im finished with the update?

4. ye, place "wow.exe" from5.4.8 torrent inside your 5.4.2 client and you will be fine. ( rename the file to avoid overwriting problems)

5. select ONLY "wow.exe" as file to downlaod. Seriously? like i just need to download 12.54 mb then im finished with the update?
    on you Utorrent you need to select all files that you dont want to download and mark them as that, and download only wow.exe, but its a bit strange to me also that we need only exe file

6. Now I'm gonna sleep,coz I'm on work tomorrow Ill dream about a chocolate and that I'll hopefully play again tomorrow.Coz im fking ******ed to delete my 5.4.2 and not download the 5.4.8 wow.exe only and i fully downloaded it.And I'll hope that I'll wont download anything more coz if I don't play more couple days I'll totally freak out.

7. so yeah i just finished downloading the 5.4.8 but i couldnt move it to my 5.4.2 for some reason it wont allow me, so i just started the launch sequence thing on my Drive C since my 5.4.2 is on Drive D and yeh its done and everything so I just launched it now and it says 5.4.8 below should i still transfer it to my Drive D together with 5.4.2? it won't screw things up right? this my first time doing this i dont wanna rekt anything

8. why so much concern? you just need to add "wow.exe" you got from 5.4.8 torrent inside your 5.4.2 Folder, so basically you have to put 1 file in a folder. :)
    To avoid overwriting problem you can also rename the file ( so you do not overwrite the original wow.exe 5.4.2 version)

9. okay ive done everything so this should work i guess. is there anything i still need to do like some realmlist thing?

10. why so much concern? you just need to add "wow.exe" you got from 5.4.8 torrent inside your 5.4.2 Folder, so basically you have to put 1 file in a folder. :)
    To avoid overwriting problem you can also rename the file ( so you do not overwrite the original wow.exe 5.4.2 version)
    So when they officially release it will the battle net conversion account be dismissed and we can login normally or do we have to go into the files and change it manually?

11. I just installed the wow.exe from 5.4.8 and moved it into the old folder, both exe have a different name. I believe I chose to copy/replace everything though when I dropped it into the old folder. Upon clicking the new .exe, i get this message:

Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-17898.MPQ: World of Warcraft can’t make a required change to an archive file. Be sure you have write permission for the World of Warcraft folder or try running the game in administrator mode. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6910

My old .exe still works so i'm presuming the issue is purely because the new patch hasn't been implemented yet. Lemme know what you guys think.

12. I just installed the wow.exe from 5.4.8 and moved it into the old folder, both exe have a different name. I believe I chose to copy/replace everything though when I dropped it into the old folder. Upon clicking the new .exe, i get this message:

Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-17898.MPQ: World of Warcraft can’t make a required change to an archive file. Be sure you have write permission for the World of Warcraft folder or try running the game in administrator mode. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6910

My old .exe still works so i'm presuming the issue is purely because the new patch hasn't been implemented yet. Lemme know what you guys think.
    actually no you are wrng this error message comes when ur client folder is read only right click on ur client folder go to properties and uncheck read only

13. Ok, so i changed it from read-only and the new .exe works fine. When i try to log in it claims i need to convert to a battle.net account. I'm assuming that means I'm good to go for when the new patch officially drops?

14. i can.t download the torrwnt for 5.4.8 , its stuck at downloadin metadata forever in qbitttorent , any ideas ??

15. Ok, so i changed it from read-only and the new .exe works fine. When i try to log in it claims i need to convert to a battle.net account. I'm assuming that means I'm good to go for when the new patch officially drops?
    Hi there,

can you please confirm whether this approach works?

Thanks!

First 123 Last