1. Change 5.4.2 exe to 5.4.8 here and good to go!

Since staff hadn't mentioned, but who don't want to download the whole game here is the most simple way.

Things you need:

1. Current wow with 5.4.2
    2. Wow.exe file from here https://mega.nz/#!JRMGgbbB!D0b0G9BMp...Vklv9blzYsEw-s

What you need to do:

1. Open your Mists of Pandaria folder
    2. Move your downloaded Wow.exe file there and overwrite the current one (which is 5.4.2)
    3. Launch new one wow.exe file.

That's it, gratz you have 5.4.8 version of wow!

P.S. if you face some critical errors or anything else that your wow crashes, make sure you go to place where your MoP folder held, right mouse button on in (on folder) - > Properties and make sure its NOT checked to "Read only" (aply to all folders and sub-folders).
    Also some people got all keybinds removed, in order to bring them back, in WoW when you in game, go to Keybindings and there is checked opton "Character specific keybindings" uncheck them and your keybinds will be back.

About crash when you enter world. There is possibility that you have some outdated addons which makes your wow crash, try bacup them and remove from wow folder, it might work.
    Edited: January 27, 2016 Reason: Added official link.

2. We can confirm that this is a safe way of upgrading you already existing 5.4.2 client to 5.4.8. For extra security, we edited the thread and provided our own official link there so feel free to download safely.

Just make sure that you run the client from the new .exe which is appropriately called WoW_Patched.exe. You can rename as it as you like and save the old .exe file as backup if you wish.

Here's a scan of the files in the link above:
    Spoiler: Show
    Edited: January 26, 2016

3. does this one save my WoD models?

4. Since staff hadn't mentioned, but who don't want to download the whole game here is the most simple way.

Things you need:

1. Current wow with 5.4.2
    2. Wow.exe file from here https://mega.nz/#!JRMGgbbB!D0b0G9BMp...Vklv9blzYsEw-s

What you need to do:

1. Open your Mists of Pandaria folder
    2. Move your downloaded Wow.exe file there and overwrite the current one (which is 5.4.2)
    3. Launch new one wow.exe file.

That's it, gratz you have 5.4.8 version of wow!
    How can we move our WOD models to patch 5.4.8 or the client isn't ready yet ?

5. i already have 5.4.8 version but when i log in it says Frostwolf(5.4.8) is offline. what can i do? help please

6. but i dont have wod models anymore i deleted old .exe and wod models bcs its 5.4.2 so can i download that for 5.4.8?

7. thanks for your help, but it says that Frostwolf is offline ,any suggestions ???

8. thanks for your help, but it says that Frostwolf is offline ,any suggestions ???
    same thing with me. anyone help please

9. why are there two .exe files in the .rar file? which one to use?

10. why are there two .exe files in the .rar file? which one to use?
    One is a 64-bit version. Recommended one to use is the WoW_Patched.exe

11. I've done what you said but this shows up.. help please
    Data/enGB/wow-update-enGB-17898.MPQ: World of Warcraft can’t make a required change to an archive file. Be sure you have write permission for the World of Warcraft folder or try running the game in administrator mode. For more information, see: https://battle.net/support/article/6910

12. I get a bug and it says that wow-update-MPQ-18273 cant make required changes i swapped the exes but wow just does not launch i have the new client same thing what's up with that ?

13. Same thing here how do i fix this ?

14. Same thing here how do i fix this ?
    Make sure to click on properties on your wow folder and un check read only, that should fix your issue.

15. So I'm using the old client, just replaced the launcher as explained in the opening post, and I'm stuck at " Logging In To Game Server"

12311 ... Last