1. (Un)Official RP Character Intro Thread

Howdy howdy! I noticed a couple of these threads exist, but they're only a couple posts long and they're realm/side specific and I thought to myself, "Man! It'd be so nice if we could get all these neat ideas in one place!" I truly believe I was visited by an angel that day. So, since no one has stopped me yet, I'm gonna go ahead and make this happen!

Post a brief introduction of yourself, your character, or anything you really need to talk about, for the whole RP community to see!

I'll go first - and, while the rest of you guys don't need to be as brief as I'm gonna be for each of these kids, I just prefer to keep my info readable and digestible.

First up, hailing from MoP's Frostwolf server, we have Sariyel Silversky! She's a Human Paladin devoted to the Light, her King, and the Alliance itself. Her primary motivation is to cast out the evildoers from the shadows and stab nasty demons in their ugly faces. She sounds more noble than she is though - in reality, she's kind of a terrible person! Her "do whatever it takes to defeat evil" mentality is extremely destructive and vengeful, and she uses it to justify a lot of cruelty and evil of her own.

Also in Frostwolf, you can find Lysarra Lightseeker, a Blood Elf Mage with a bad attitude. She's lean, she's mean, and you better treat her like she's the god-damn QUEEN. After being scorned by her family for her study of the arcane, Lys became obsessed with the relentless pursuit of power. She hungers for strength, for honor and glory, and she wants more than anything to make her name known and feared by her enemies. (Also, she's in my icon! Look at her. Look at her beautiful face. I drew that beautiful face.)

All the way down in WotLK's servers, we got Lumana Lumos on Ragnaros, a Human Priest who is basically a mom. But, like, you know that point your mom can sometimes get, right in between outright anger and quiet disapproval? She's sorta in that zone, all the time. She's nice, and caring, and motherly to people, but she's also pretty serious and she don't take no ****.

Boogie on down to Deathwing for Lae, a Night Elf Druid who is a literal Disney Princess. Which princess? Mulan, probably. Then there's Artemysia, a Blood Elf Rogue, who is... a lot like Sariel, except she doesn't pretend to be doing any of what she's doing for the Greater Good™.

I have an awful habit of making alts and never using them again so will there be more ***** children in the future??? Probably. If this thread becomes 100% my responses, don't be surprised. Maybe I should apologize in advance.

2. I've got a few!!

On Frostwolf theres:
    Margarethe - A worgen druid who has taken the whole "hideous curse" thing in stride. In fact, she doesn't remember what her human face looks like anymore, and the fact that she can shapeshift into a veritable zoo doesn't help matters either. After the Cataclysm, she decided to make Stormwind City her home (she never really "got" the Nightelves' nature obsession, and likes the familiar sights and smells of civilization), and now she works to rebuild both her city and her life.

Galinder - Although she's always had a touch of magical ability, this human mage didn't start refining her skill until later in life. Lacking the years of practice required to truly hone her skills, she has a bit of trouble properly casting spells (be careful when you ask for a port from her). Most of the time she hangs around cities, offering magical services like fortune-telling for a few coppers to get by.

On Ragnaros:
    Radhavi - The Holy Light never really resonated with this draenei shaman. Ever since she was a girl, she felt the call of the elements, and went against the wishes of her pious family to study shamanism under the tutelage of Broken Farseers. Even though it has been many years since she last saw her family, she still carries their disappointment with her, and seeks to right wrongs in the world partially as a means of proving the worth of nature to them.

3. Here's mine, all in Frostwolf, Lordaeron, and Deathwing... well, at least when Espie's level 55 I can make Estus in Deathwing :

Espie Teenyaxey - A former Gnome mage who lost her ability to properly weave arcane magic after the tragedy in Gnomeregan. She took her late sister's teaching and old sword, becoming a warrior. Later on she found herself more proficient with axes in both hands and a rifle . She's pretty much as friendly as a gnome can be, but her new life as a warrior makes her personality rougher than usual. Before a fight, she is always calculating the possibilities, but in the fight itself, she can be quite reckless, getting herself into more trouble than necessary.

Estus Killswitch - A former Gnome warrior of the Second War and sister to Espie, her curiosity led her to hitching in an expedition to Northrend, only to get herself separated with no way to come back home. After weeks, she finally succumbed to the bitter cold. The Scourge raised her back as a Death Knight of Acherus. Even after regaining freedom, her mind was already twisted beyond recognition. While being somewhat apathetic to her former comrades and family, she finds joy on the demise of her enemies. She is a dedicated Knight of the Ebon Blade. However, her buried past identity is still there, if only slightly visible. Her preferable weapons are swords, empowered by her Frost powers.
    Edited: January 28, 2016

4. 2 more Frostwolf Femme Fatales!

First we have Mallta, a Night Elf Monk who survived the destruction of Auberdine. Despite the tragedy, she's got a lot of moxie and spunk, and with no home or family left to return to, she's eager to hit the road and find her own path in life. Whether she becomes a hero or not isn't much of her concern - she just wants to go out there and experience the world!

Then there's Hanjae, a Pandaren Warrior who, interestingly enough, got her start as a traditional dancer. Her father noticed her affinity with swords during the dances that included them, and she was happy to agree to enroll in a martial arts school to test that skill. Her more artistic roots make for an interesting warrior, even if she is perhaps not the most powerful one. Regardless, she's tough, she's fast, and she loves wearing flowers in her hair.

5. [wakes from my thousand year slumber to perform thread necromancy] I'm back and I'm still blood elf trash

Since rejoining the server I've been playing on Icecrown as Artemysia and now she has a story and stuff so I'm updating her 2-sentence entry:

Like every Blood Elf she has a ~*tragic back story*~ in that her father was a Farstrider who, predictably, died with the rest of the High Elves and the scars that inflicted upon her psyche never fully healed. Funny enough, she was raised with her four siblings in Dalaran, not Silvermoon - to a human mother, in fact - so she's in this very interesting middleground between lingering allegiance to the alliance, and her reactionary embracement of the Blood Elf philosophy. I'm currently questing as she explores the world and figures herself out, but she essentially is an emotionally constipated teenager who is all deadpan and passive aggression.

All my other characters are around too, but since she's my new main squeeze, hit me up @Artemysia in Icecrown if you feel like having a game o/