1. [MOP] 5.4.8 MAC Install - Mists of Pandaria (WOD Model guide included)

Mists of Pandaria 5.4.8 MAC Install - Mists of Pandaria
    For Wineskin MAC users interested in updating their files.
    WOD MODEL GUIDE INCLUDED

Hello everyone! This guide is going to be focused on updating your WINE Mac launcher to the new 5.4.8 patch.

If you are using Wineskin to run the Windows Warmane MOP on your MAC, then continue with this guide. If you are not, this will not be the right guide for you. If you are unsure, I will answer any questions necessary to help you with using Wineskin.

Okay guys, lets get started. The following step by step guides are for those who are currently running the 5.4.2 Mists of Pandaria (Warmane) windows files using Wineskin on your MAC.

Updating your files to 5.4.8 without WOD models:

• Preperation: You will need a program to UnRar files. You can find them on google. I use UnRarX.
    • Step One: Download these launcher files > here.
    • Step Two: UnRar them. If you are using UnRarX then double click the file you just downloaded, under extraction location choose your downloads folder. Click the Extract button.
    • Step Three: Open up another Finder window (I will refer to this as Finder Window 2) and locate your Mists of Pandaria Game Folder (You most likely put this in your Applications folder like me) Mine is called World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, open the folder to reveal your World of Warcraft game. Right click your Game and Show Package Contents > You will see three Folders (drive_c and Contents) and Wineskin, Double click on drive_c > Double click on Program Files > Double Click on World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria. These are your game files. This is where you can upload addons or make changes to your Config.wtf or other game files. Do not navigate anywhere, stay here.
    • Step Four: On your first Finder window, navigate to your downloads folder and select the two game files you just downloaded, called Wow-64_Patched.exe and Wow_Patched.exe > Drag them into your Finder Window 2 - your game folder you located in Step Three. They should now be moved into the game folder. You are welcome to delete your old .exe files called WoW_MoltenPatched.exe and WoW.exe.
    • Step Five: Using your Finder Window 2, Click the back arrow 3 times. You will see the two folders, called drive_c and Contents, and Wineskin again. Double click on Wineskin. A window will appear, click Advanced (the third option down).
    • Step Six: You will have two options for this - to run 32 Bit or 64 Bit (I don't personally know the difference) Option 1 - 32 Bit: Immediately, under Configuration, you will see Windows EXE: alone with the file location of the .exe file you wish to use to run your game. Do not click browse. All you need to do is simply highlight the part of the file name that says "Molten" near the end at /WoW_MoltenPatched.exe > Delete the word "Molten" so it reads /WoW_Patched.exe // Option 2 - 64 Bit: Under the same Configuration line, change the /WoW_MoltenPatched.exe to > /WoW-64_Patched.exe
    • Step Seven: In the Wineskin window, click the "Tools" option located at the top, in between Configuration and Options > Under the Right column, click the Refresh Wrapper button. Wait for the file to finish updating and then you are done. You may now launch the game as normal.

Updating your files to 5.4.8 with WOD models:

• Preperation: Unfortunately the only way to do this method is to download the 5.4.8 client all over again. You can, however, use your existing game wineskin wrapper. The game WILL DOWNLOAD WHILE YOU PLAY. Follow these steps.
    • Step One: Download the initial required files here.
    • Step Two: Open up Finder (this will be referred to as Finder Window 1 later on) and double click the downloaded ZIP file to unzip it. After unzipping, the file will be called World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria
    • Step Three: Open up another Finder window (I will refer to this as Finder Window 2) and locate your Mists of Pandaria Game Folder (You most likely put this in your Applications folder like me) Mine is called World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria, open the folder to reveal your World of Warcraft game. Right click your Game and Show Package Contents > You will see three Folders (drive_c and Contents) and Wineskin, Double click on drive_c > Double click on Program Files > Double Click on World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria. These are your game files. This is where you can upload addons or make changes to your Config.wtf or other game files. If you wish to save your characters keybinds and your configuration settings, save the WTF folder and the Addons folder (located in Interface > adons) by moving them somewhere safe like your downloads folder, we'll deal with that later. DELETE EVERYTHING. Move all files into your trash and empty your trash immediately. Do not navigate anywhere using Finder Window 2, stay here.
    • Step Four: On your Finder window 1, navigate to your downloads folder and open up the folder. Select everything (Warmane.url, Wow.exe, and the WTF folder). Drag and drop them into Finder Window 2. (Where your game files are stored)
    • Step Five: Using your Finder Window 2, Click the back arrow 2 times. You will see the two folders, called drive_c and Contents, and Wineskin again. Double click on Wineskin. A window will appear, click Advanced button (the third option down).
    • Step Six: Under Configuration, at the top, you will see Windows EXE: and then the file name of the .exe that your wineskin uses to run the game. Change the ending that says /WoW_MoltenPatched.exe (or whatever it is you have there) and rename it to /Wow.exe
    • Step Seven In Finder Window 1, locate the patched filed you downloaded in the ZIP folder in your downloads. Highlight all three items and move them into Finder Window 2 - the Data folder.
    • Step Eight: In the Wineskin window, click the "Tools" option located at the top (in between Configuration and Options) > Under the Right column, click the Refresh Wrapper button. Wait for the file to finish updating. You may now launch the game as normal. It will take a few minutes to prepare the files. Once the game initializes and allows you to log in, if you'd like to go ahead and add in your old keybinds go to step Nine. If you skipped this step, go to Step Ten.
    • Step Nine: In Finder WIndow 1, go to the folder that you stored your WTF and Addons folders in, drag them into Finder Window 2 and replace the new WTF and Addons folder with these.
    • Step Ten: Now, log into the game as normal. Your account settings should be saved if you followed Step Nine. Play the sitting duck game and let your game load to 100%. All of the files must load for the following steps to work.
    • Step Eleven: Download the WOD models here.
    • Step Twelve: In Finder Window 1, go to your downloads folder and UNZIP the file. Open the containing folder. You will see two .Exe files and a folder named Data. In Finder Window 2 make sure to navigate to your game files if you left. In your game files (drive_c > program files > World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria) move the two .exe files into the folder. Once you have done this, Double click on your Data Folder and double click on enGB or enUS and move the three .MPQ files in your Data > enGB in Finder Window 1, into the Finder Window 2 Data > enGB (or enUS).
    • Step Thirteen: Now, click the back arrow 3 times and return to the folder containing your Wineskin. Open your Wineskin and change the .exe file to Wow-32.exe > Once you replaced the file name, click on Tools and Refresh the Wrapper. After you wait for this to finish, your WOD models should now be working. Start your game as normal.

**If someone checks this process and the WOD models do not work, please let me know. The issue will be related to the enUS .MPQ files not matching the enGB game files. I am waiting on my game to re download and I will check this process again.

If you have any questions please let me know, I am more than happy to keep this OP updated with any Q&A!

Guide Created by Kimme (Arcanic of Stormborn - Alliance Frostwolf)

Special thanks to Kanabekas who posted the windows WOD models and launchers here and Zelta who posted the Install for Windows here

2. The game starts up just fine but once I'm in its just a black screen. I know this has to do with the screen settings under wineskin but i've tried everything to no avail. Any suggestions?

Well written guide overall and really easy to follow. Cheers!

3. Thanks! :D

About the black screen - it should only do that the first time, let it sit there for 10 minutes, it should be done way before that. Let me know if you still have issues!

4. There's a working 5.4.8 mac client, will updating it to WoD model follow the same steps as mentioned here?

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....aria&p=2623189
    Edited: February 5, 2016 Reason: fixed link

5. There's a working 5.4.8 mac client, will updating it to WoD model follow the same steps as mentioned here?

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....aria&p=2623189
    No, This is wine specific!

6. Hellou, I would like to download the Updated Wod Models, but the Step One: files here. the link is broken:/ is there any other way to download it? Thank you