1. I don't play here anymore, I went back to retail.

But from everything I've been reading 5.4.8 was the wrong thing to do, more updates to 5.4.2 core should have been done, and then introduced 5.4.8 after some of the guilds had cleared SOO Normal/HC.

A fixed 5.4.2 core would have been better than a broken 5.4.8 core.. Yes PvPers, sacrificing your prideful gear for some actual gameplay balance and fixes.
    they said mutiples times they couldnt fix anything more in 5.4.2 because then they woudl have to redo everything in 5.4.8

2. But guess what?

the community here, yes you guys, CRIED for 5.4.8 without thinking of the sideeffects of releqasing it pre-SOO.

Maybe now the lot of you will release to just have patience.
    Actually i never cried for it things don't get worked on properly if they are rushed.
    I'd rather play in 5.4.2 till summer than 5.4.8 being rushed and population going down.

3. idk who thought about this change without adding the directly proportional gear

nobody is doing over 5-6 mil in bgs now, healers are unkillable if above average skill (1 skilled healer can ez mode keep up 5-8 people)
    and i think theres also a DR problem but i wasnt able to test that out properly

today there was 1 shammy trying to kill me, i was literally outhealing him with my passive pet heal (hunter), ofc he wasnt bursting but still
    the atm state is just stupid no offense
    http://imgur.com/xvu180L

Nobody is doing over 6mil dmg? wut?

4. http://imgur.com/xvu180L

Is this from 5.4.8? Or was it 5.4.2? A single Arathi Basin with 6 healers...i will be in shock if some1 couldnt even reach 20 mil dmg with those eye-rolling gears. Nice man :-D btw..ive been in a few random BGs with Tsunade b4..dem he is good!

-Love for the Alliance!-
    Edited: February 7, 2016

5. http://imgur.com/xvu180L

in case you didnt notice there are few classes that do that amount of dmg and it usually takes a mid - long bg to get there ( and im referring mostly to dot spreaders )

6. I don't know why are you all complaining so much, I can still burst down a healer by myself with my warrior or my boomy.

7. I don't know why are you all complaining so much, I can still burst down a healer by myself with my warrior or my boomy.
    Video or didnt happen.

8. It's not logical to increase resilience to 80% when there's no prideful gear yet. But no worries, like or not, it will be fixed when prideful gear is released.

9. if the damage stays this way i might aswell quit, as i said problem isnt in the resilance ITS PVP POWER. Last patch it was 72% base + 2,5 or something like that from trinkets = 74,5 THEN when PVP power kicked in and it reduced it and thats why people hit 100k pyros and icelances, 200k chaosbolts, 130k chimeras as stated. I mean look at it that way - you got a target which has 74,5% resi and another person who has 45% pvp power + cooldowns which increase damage further + procs which also increase further, how can he not hit the target which has 74,5% resi with over 100k when pvp power is based on reducing resilance???? How much exactly do u think that prideful is gonna increase ur stats and % pvp power to negate the current resilance effect ? like 2-3k more main stat (int/agi/str) and like 5% maximum more pvp power ?? 20k hits now would have an increase of like 5k on the current resilance(which is 80% aka 5% more than last patch) =25k ? ye the problems stays.

SO FIX PVP POWER CALCULATION, BECOUSE ATM ITS NOT WORKING AT ALL IN PVP ZONES, do i have to screenshot exact stats with pve and pvp gear in a pvp zone(too bad i dont have pve gear) to see that atm pvp power is worthless ? I doubt it. Staff please get ur heads straight and hold your promises which were patch 5.4.8 is ready and there arent many crucial gameplay (if not at all) bugs. Pvp power the most crucial bug of them all becouse pvp is basicly lead by that.

Thank you for reading.
    those who suck at math should really stay away from ANY calculations, tests or damage complaints and get away from these kinds of threads/topics as far as humanly possible. your post doesn't make any sense at all. there are so many flaws and idiocies that i kept my head shaking as long as i read it.... what you just posted so mind numbingly stupid i honestly wonder if you're a human being at all. you seem more like some kind of neanderthal/missing-link type primate and i'm not even offending you, nor do i aim at doing so.

where did you even learn that pvp power REDUCES resilience???????? on my character's tooltip it says only that it increases damage dealt and healing done in pvp environments. it is nowhere mentioned anything about reducing resilience, so your extremely poor math knowledge made it like this: "since it increases dmg by 50%, it's the same as i say it reduces damage reduction by 50%" which doesn't make any sense at all, no matter how you look at it.

since the pvp resilience is 80% with the trinket passive, it means, that without pvp power, you'll do 20% damage to a player, that you would otherwise do to a pve target (disregarding armor in this case). if you crit 200k on a training dummy, you would crit only 40k on a player without pvp power. now let's add pvp power modifier of 50% onto that. 40k x 1.5 = 60k, so with that much pvp power, you would do 60k crits on a pvp target. following your insanely STUPID example it would be like this: "oh i do 200k on a dummy with 50% pvp power, so 80%-50%=30%, so the dmg reduction is 30%, meaning that i should crit 140k" what is just obnoxious.

i already wrote too much, but it pains me to see the amount of "unintelligent" people claiming they know how something works or should work. some hunter in vale, a few days ago, was explaining to me how DR isn't working properly and that all classes, beside hunters and warrs are bugged because of it. he explained it like this: "cast cyclone 3x and wait 20 sec and cast it again, if it lasts full duration, then it's bugged", furthermore: "how it should work is that after 20 seconds it should last 3 seconds and after another 20 seconds full duration - that's how it worked on retail"............. idk, but it seems like people are competing who is gonna be dum.ber and that's really sad.

10. Today I was playing a BG with a fairly low group. We had one mid-geared healer. The other side at the start had one almost full-geared monk - lets call him Frank. Me (522 hunter) and my friend (522 FrostDK), when we play together, we tend to go straight for the healer no matter what and Frank had proven to be a hard target to beat, but nevertheless he was beatable. After 5-10 minutes the Warsong battlefield was tied at 0-0 and at that point one of the alliance scum quit and in his place came a full-geared disco-priest - lets call him Peter. At the very begining Peter started shifting the tide to their favor which was mostly expected, but one thing caught my and my friends eye: Peter was only using instant "bubble" spells on him and some instant heal spells and that was all it took for him to carry his team to victory from 0-0 to 3-0 in a matter of 8-10 minutes. He actually didn't use ANY chanelling spells. He was basically chilling the whole game. So he did all this with two 522 players on his back the whole time with others constantly cc-ing Frank the monk.
    This is bull****! I know that there needs to be some skill required to kill someone, but this is just ridiculous.
    The funny thing is my friend told me that he played an arena on the same day against a disco-priest (I guess Peter's brother - Nathan) and that although it was hard and Nathan proved to be one tough son-of-a-gun, he was running for his life the whole duration of the match and basically cast his whole arsenal to manage to save his team from dying.
    My question is this: has anyone else experienced this difference in damage delt in arenas and BG-s?
    Edited: February 8, 2016

11. No there's no difference in dmg between bgs and arena, your wall of text sounds like a l2p issue

12. It's not logical to increase resilience to 80% when there's no prideful gear yet. But no worries, like or not, it will be fixed when prideful gear is released.
    yeah sure, when will that be? 2023?

This resil. killed the fun in the game for me and not even talking about my new toon in contender gear, you do absolutely 0 damage, even against other contender geared player dps is minimum.

Will stop playing for now as pvp is the only thing i do but its utter bs atm!

13. No there's no difference in dmg between bgs and arena, your wall of text sounds like a l2p issue
    Yeah there is no difference but because of the 80% resil the result is the same!

14. I guess so. Thanks for the clarification.

15. yeah sure, when will that be? 2023?

This resil. killed the fun in the game for me and not even talking about my new toon in contender gear, you do absolutely 0 damage, even against other contender geared player dps is minimum.

Will stop playing for now as pvp is the only thing i do but its utter bs atm!
    You got used to your war/hunter oneshotting stuff. People in contender always did low damage, and they still receive considerably higher damage. Yes, things are slightly harder to kill, but things finally require a bit of skill and it all does not come down to gear.

First ... 5678 Last