1. Server Merge?

What happens to your character(s) when Deathwing and Ragnaros merges?

And how is the raiding on the servers?

Also, does any of those 2 servers have RDF enabled?

2. What happens to your character(s) when Deathwing and Ragnaros merges?

And how is the raiding on the servers?

Also, does any of those 2 servers have RDF enabled?
    All characters will be saved but we wouldn't be able to save character names.

Raiding is about the same since these realms are completely similar.

Both of them have enabled RDF.

3. I assume that means people will be fighting for character names again.

Or perhaps whatever realm doesn't get merged into the other gets to keep their names?
    Edited: February 2, 2016 Reason: rhtr

4. Our current vision of the merge is announcing a free transfer of all characters on Deathwing and Ragnaros into a realm with a new name (Icecrown? Any suggestions?) while retaining all player data and achievements. Transferring active characters will help us leave data clutter on the old databases and eventually archive them.

^from Kaer's post

5. All characters will be saved but we wouldn't be able to save character names.
    Is it already decided how the character naming gonna work?
    I see problems coming when whoever transfers or makes a new character first is able to keep the name. In this case ppl gonna steal character names in order to sell them for gold or to simply troll the previous name owner.

My suggestion: If two characters have similiar names then the one with the higher playtime is able to keep his name while the player with the lower playtime needs to rename his char.
    Edited: February 3, 2016

6. Or you should only be able to create names that you already have for awhile until things settle. At the very least the people who already have it should have some kind of priority.

7. Are you people that stupid or what? Read the damn thread in Latest news. U cant make new characters before DW / Rag toons are transfered to new realm. If there is for example Fuwa on Deathwing, and Fuwa on Ragnaros, whoever transfers first keeps name, 2nd Fuwa has to rename. And so on.

Level 1 characters wont be eligible for transfers, so you cant hop on other realm and steal someones name before merge happens.

Be quick on the transfers and u wont have any issues. Who da **** gives a **** about names anyways. Consider it as new begining.

8. i hope not, ragnaros players in general are cancerous, toxic and condescending as a whole.

9. i hope not, ragnaros players in general are cancerous, toxic and condescending as a whole.
    By that definition, you must be a Ragnaros player.

10. Are you people that stupid or what? Read the damn thread in Latest news. U cant make new characters before DW / Rag toons are transfered to new realm. If there is for example Fuwa on Deathwing, and Fuwa on Ragnaros, whoever transfers first keeps name, 2nd Fuwa has to rename. And so on.
    Sounds good to me. I took the only name I care about on both.

11. Such good news guys !!!! These 2 realms will be merged together ! Keep going. More players, more fun. A lot of players, working RDF, working everything and finnaly no queues, because mainly all playing at lordaleon x1.

12. i hope not, ragnaros players in general are cancerous, toxic and condescending as a whole.
    funny, that's how we feel about most of your deathwing people.

13. i hope not, ragnaros players in general are cancerous, toxic and condescending as a whole.
    Are you kidding? Almost everybody on Deathwing is like that now. It's full of young children who treat everybody like crap and everybody reserves everything, only asks gs that no longer need the raid they are trying to do (for example, 5.8k for ICC 10n which you only actually need 4.5k for), and can't do anything without bug abuse and hacks.

12 Last