1. Deflecting my Hammer

I'm honestly unsure if this has been posted or if it's just a normal thing, but I want to know why do mobs deflect my Hammer of the Righteous?
    I'm gonna say I'm a bit new to paladins and all that, but you don't care about that anyway. What I'm going to say is, I'm testing this with 25 expertise ( even 35 when I pop my SoV) and 8% hit but it still happens. I figure this is a spell so I would need to get like, what, spell penetration in order for this not to happen anymore? It's kind of horrible so I wanted to know why does it happen and how to prevent it. I play on Ragnaros.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. Somehow, when HotR gets parried it`ll show deflected instead.

3. Oh, thank you for that. That solves the mystery, but creates a new one. How does it get parried with my expertise being capped ( and way over )? Or maybe this just happens in a group of mobs, I usually see it in RDFs, and some of the mobs *deflect* it.

Anyways, thank you for the clarification.

4. Because expertise cap =/= parry cap. Read some wowwiki on expertise. Sorry for being stingy but I always find it funny how players who don't know the game mechanics get titles such as "Conq of Naxx". Or LoD.

5. Because expertise cap =/= parry cap. Read some wowwiki on expertise. Sorry for being stingy but I always find it funny how players who don't know the game mechanics get titles such as "Conq of Naxx". Or LoD.
    I don't agree with this, up to some time ago we had same cap for both, so I guess many people got used to it or didn't know about any different if they didn't play on retail and aren't really reading patch notes since DW/Rag barely got updated.

22 is expertise cap to remove dodge completely and to remove parry from behind.
    While the expertise cap for parry if you're standing in front of the boss is iirc 52 or so, which isn't worth getting. Basically just get enough expertise so you don't lose aggro, I personally think I have around 34 or so on my paladin, but it's only 6.1k gs atm so in future it'll probably change.

6. Well, I'm horribly sorry to have offended you by not knowing everything in the game.

Thank you Evangelion for that info, it helps me a lot. I'm sitting at 4/5 T10 atm, using those tier legs with expertise which I plan on changing. With the SoV glyph I should be maintaining 22 expertise at all times, but it's good to know that I will be seeing those *deflects* and not feel wierded out about them.

7. Well, I'm horribly sorry to have offended you by not knowing everything in the game.
    You're a tank and you don't know how expertise works. Please, stop trying to defend yourself...
    Edited: February 3, 2016

8. I don't know why you're attacking this guy, he came to forum to learn about it after all.

telhar, you should get more with SoV glyph to be honest, 22 is too low for a tank, you'll get ****ton of parries because you have to stand in front of the boss and that means lower aggro and probably losing it. I would stick with having around 30-35. It's basically just to get as much as you need to keep the threat up. It depends with who you're raiding with as well, but yes, I'd still try keeping it above 30.

9. Because all he had to do to get his answer was type "expertise wowwiki" in Google and click on the first link. The expertise cap only counts dodge, parry cap is much higher than that and not worth it. HotR is not considered exactly a spell, so it can be parried. Spells which can be parried are "deflected". There's the answer. Basic knowledge about expertise and ability categorizations.

10. Because all he had to do to get his answer was type "expertise wowwiki" in Google and click on the first link. The expertise cap only counts dodge, parry cap is much higher than that and not worth it. HotR is not considered exactly a spell, so it can be parried. Spells which can be parried are "deflected". There's the answer. Basic knowledge about expertise and ability categorizations.
    I would prefer people to come here for help and advice, than to consult wiki. Please don't be rude and try to scare them off. Thanks!

11. I gotta say, thanks for defending my noob-iness you two. I spend much more time playing the game than reading about it.
    Honestly, when I'm in a pickle, I usually find the answers on the forums anyway, but this time I couldn't really. I must admit I'm very new to paladin tanking and I have never seen a *deflect* on my warrior.
    And yes, I search for my answers on the Warmane forums, cause it's a bit different than retail was, and is very different than retail is now.

I think I have been defended enough by you guys and myself now, so that's cool.

Also, hi Lynea! It's Pheebs /wave
    Yes, I'm a new paladin. I suck and will be posting here to learn ****. Thanks for the support:)

12. I have never seen a *deflect* on my warrior.
    Warriors don't have spells classified as physical attacks, that's why. The same thing happens to your HoW when you throw it at a hunter with Deterrence - Deflect.