1. [Lordaeron] Dungeon Finder Addon Open Beta (OpenGF)

The time has come for the first release OpenGF (Open Group Finder). This is now an open source project that allows players to find other players to form instance groups.

This version of the addon is not complete with all the planned features, but will be a good test to see if the addon will work as intended, and with a larger amount of users. With that in mind, it’s important to state that not all current features will work 100% and there may be some bugs that were not found yet. If you do find any bugs or have any suggestions, feel free to PM me on the forums, or if you’re horde, send in-game mail to Pinecleandog.

Installation

Download the addon folder from here or here. Once downloaded, place the folder called “OpenGF” into <your wow install directory>/interface/addons . This version will work with game versions 3.3 to 3.3.5a. You may also have to enable the addon at character selection screen.

Usage

To open up the browser window, either use the /ogf command (or create a macro for it) or use the minimap icon that looks like a dark eye.
    On this window you must select your role before listing for a dungeon. You may also set an optional note which all players will be able to see.
    Next you must select a category/expansion then on the drop town to the right of that, you can select an instance from that category. Two buttons should appear when an instance is selected. “List Myself” will list yourself for the selected instance. You can also unlist yourself with the “Unlist” button, or the “Unlist All” button, which will unlist you from all instances. Once listed, other players will be able to see you listed for that instance along with your level, selected roles, class and note.

If you are looking for people to join your group, you can press the “Search” button when an instance is selected and a list of listed players will appear in the frame below. You can then click on any player’s row and a menu will pop up allowing you to either whisper or invite that player to a group.

If the minimap icon is a dark, purple eye (cthun’s eye), that means you are not listed for any instance. If the icon is a blue eye (aspect of the viper icon), that means you are listed. Be aware that joining a group will unlist you from all instances.

Features

- Relevant player information is automatically listed including level, name and class.
    - Player’s elected roles are displayed as well as an optional note.
    - Easily invite and whisper other player’s through a left click context menu
    - Notes and roles are saved between sessions
    - Loot method is automatically set to need before greed for groups created through the addon.
    - All normal mode dungeons are available for vanilla, tbc and wotlk.
    - All heroic mode dungeons are available for tbc and wotlk.
    - Dungeon difficulty is set automatically for groups created through the addon
    - Players can only list themselves for dungeons which their level is in range of.
    - Dungeons use the same minimum average item level requirement as retail RDF.

Possible future features

- Instance locked dungeons to be hidden from the UI
    - Dungeons that are too high or low level will be hidden from the UI
    - Search by category (like queuing for random <expansion> dungeon in the RDF)
    - Legacy raids
    - Role icons in the UI
    - Party frame icons to indicate roles
    - WoTLK raids
    - Custom group listings (for quests etc.)
    - Listings browser ( See what you’re listed for)
    - Battleground listings

Special thanks to the previous testers who helped get this addon out there.

2. finally

now go and spread the word

3. GREAT! testing it now.
    Have some suggestions:
    Would be cool if you are able to see what players are looking for and not each dungeon one by one. I mean; i want to check all the players looking for any heroic dungeons, not only for a specific one.

Keep it up!

4. How easy is to hack people accounts > Make an addon >create part of addon that will work similar to keylogger and proffit ;)

5. Nice im gonna test it when i come home:)

two things that would be awesome:

1. Gearscore Tab (people write their GS in there.. But for now you can just write it in the optional note tab i guess)
    2. A Daily Heroic List, so you dont have to list yourself in the dungeon that is the daily one instead its just a gerneral option to list you for the Daily heroic

6. GREAT! testing it now.
    Have some suggestions:
    Would be cool if you are able to see what players are looking for and not each dungeon one by one. I mean; i want to check all the players looking for any heroic dungeons, not only for a specific one.

Keep it up!
    That's not a bad Idea, I should be able to add a button for all heroics when I do the button for all wrath/tbc/vanilla dungeons. Actual group listings would come later with custom groups.

How easy is to hack people accounts > Make an addon >create part of addon that will work similar to keylogger and proffit ;)
    Not very, there's a lot of restrictions designed to prevent that. Anyways, this addon doesn't track key strokes or anything like that.

Nice im gonna test it when i come home:)

two things that would be awesome:

1. Gearscore Tab (people write their GS in there.. But for now you can just write it in the optional note tab i guess)
    2. A Daily Heroic List, so you dont have to list yourself in the dungeon that is the daily one instead its just a gerneral option to list you for the Daily heroic
    Eww gearscore
    Edited: February 2, 2016

7. How easy is to hack people accounts > Make an addon >create part of addon that will work similar to keylogger and proffit ;)

If you're that paranoid about it, open up the script files and read the code. It's open source, after all...

Thanks OP. Will test when I can get chance to play.

8. I've just downloaded this and i am "Listed" for hero in horde as tank. Can anyone see me?

9. How easy is to hack people accounts > Make an addon >create part of addon that will work similar to keylogger and proffit ;)
    An addon starts running the moment you enter world with your character. It stops working the moment you log out. And it has no access to anything outside the game. For a keylogger to be included in addon there would have to be a .exe or similar file that you would have to launch yourself. Addons can not do it themselves.

10. It's a nice addon. My critique would be that the following features would make it even better:

- An option to automatically list oneself for all dungeons in one's level gap;

- An option to find all people currently listed for dungeons (so that you do not have to search dungeon by dungeon);

---------------------- An option to filter those results: by dungeon level gap (so that you can quickly find dungeons that have people already listed for it within your level gap), by how many slots are filled (healer, tank, dps) - this is useful if you just want to quickly get into a dungeon within your level gap.

Edit: When this is polished out and more feature rich, and assuming warmane does not intend on releasing RDF, this addon should than be stickied, announced on the news section of the website and have a regular, repeating announcement ingame so that the entire community will begin to use it. Otherwise it's pointless.
    Edited: February 2, 2016

11. This is great, thanks a lot! Now to get the masses to start using it..

12. - An option to automatically list oneself for all dungeons in one's level gap;

- An option to find all people currently listed for dungeons (so that you do not have to search dungeon by dungeon);

When this is polished out and more feature rich, and assuming warmane does not intend on releasing RDF, this addon should than be stickied, announced on the news section of the website and have a regular, repeating announcement ingame so that the entire community will begin to use it. Otherwise it's pointless.
    What he said. If warname won't announce it ingmae instead of that crap spam and on forum/webiste with sticky it is pointless, cause it wont reach high amount of players to work at its fullest.

13. Someone buy this man a beer! Woot! Great job!

14. What he said. If warname won't announce it ingmae instead of that crap spam and on forum/webiste with sticky it is pointless, cause it wont reach high amount of players to work at its fullest.
    I guess the question is, can the OP get enough support from the community to get Warmane's attention for them to put a message in-game directing people to the website to download the tool?

123 ... Last