1. Choosing a class.

Hello to everyone, i am pure PvP player, my main is Subtlety Rogue for over 5 years, and i want to try something new, i have new 2 favorite classes that suits my playstyle, but i cannot decide which one to pick yet. The classes that i am currently interested in are: Windwalker Monk and Feral Druid.

Can you give me the ups and downs of these two classes and explain the current situation about them.

Is Feral druid better then WW Monk?
    How are WW Monks and Ferals in PvP?

Please do not say "Play what you enjoy the most or such" All the time that i spent playing WoW was with rogue, and i enjoy it a lot. But right now, i am a bit disappointed from my class and i want to try new classes, i have WW Monk and Feral Druid at level 90 with Contender gear, it's just that i cannot pick just yet. These are the only classes that suits my playstyle.

- Thanks in advance.
    Edited: February 4, 2016

2. I have a fully geared *BiS, gems, enchants* 522 Windwalker Monk, and one of my good friends plays a Feral Druid, so I'll try to answer.

With my WW Monk I can beat anybody on the server in a 1 on 1...literally everyone. Any class. So if you're just solo world PvPing, or want to duel outside Stormwind, a WW Monk is great. I do above average DPS while having enough healing and evasion to outlast anyone.

BUT...for arenas and battlegrounds, I am far less useful. My DPS is good, but not nearly as good as a Warrior or Hunter for example, as it isn't enough in a 2 vs 2 to help my partner burst someone down, and my ability to live a long time doesn't help them in any way, as they will just get focused before the other team tries to 2 vs 1 me. And in battlegrounds, my kill/death ratio is really good, but I'm certainly not at the top of the DPS charts if I have any good teammates.

My Feral Druid friend does a lot better in arena fights and battlegrounds. He can stealth around, does a lot more DPS, and even has some healing to boot.

If I had to pick between the two classes, I'd definitely roll the Druid.

3. I have a fully geared *BiS, gems, enchants* 522 Windwalker Monk, and one of my good friends plays a Feral Druid, so I'll try to answer.

With my WW Monk I can beat anybody on the server in a 1 on 1...literally everyone. Any class. So if you're just solo world PvPing, or want to duel outside Stormwind, a WW Monk is great. I do above average DPS while having enough healing and evasion to outlast anyone.

BUT...for arenas and battlegrounds, I am far less useful. My DPS is good, but not nearly as good as a Warrior or Hunter for example, as it isn't enough in a 2 vs 2 to help my partner burst someone down, and my ability to live a long time doesn't help them in any way, as they will just get focused before the other team tries to 2 vs 1 me. And in battlegrounds, my kill/death ratio is really good, but I'm certainly not at the top of the DPS charts if I have any good teammates.

My Feral Druid friend does a lot better in arena fights and battlegrounds. He can stealth around, does a lot more DPS, and even has some healing to boot.

If I had to pick between the two classes, I'd definitely roll the Druid.
    Thank you Sonofmichael, you helped me a lot with this reply. However i am still wondering which one to choose, so i will wait and see other people's opinions about these two GREAT classes.

4. well judging by how you play your rogue, you should chose warrior.

5. For 1v1s, BGs, wPvP, I'd prefer WW. For arena, I'd go with feral (tho WW isn't bad at all).

Simply put, both classes have insane mobility & healing, and good damage(haven't checked dmg post 5.4.8 tho). What's remaining is CC which I prefer WW's over feral's. In arena however, stealth becomes more important than in other PvP categories for me, which is why I prefer feral there.

An active damage class vs a semi-passive (bleed and kite) class - Personal preference.
    You might also want to check out comps for both classes and see which ones you like better.
    Goodluck!

6. Hello to everyone, i am pure PvP player, my main is Subtlety Rogue for over 5 years, and i want to try something new, i have new 2 favorite classes that suits my playstyle, but i cannot decide which one to pick yet. The classes that i am currently interested in are: Windwalker Monk and Feral Druid.

Can you give me the ups and downs of these two classes and explain the current situation about them.

Is Feral druid better then WW Monk?
    How are WW Monks and Ferals in PvP?

Please do not say "Play what you enjoy the most or such" All the time that i spent playing WoW was with rogue, and i enjoy it a lot. But right now, i am a bit disappointed from my class and i want to try new classes, i have WW Monk and Feral Druid at level 90 with Contender gear, it's just that i cannot pick just yet. These are the only classes that suits my playstyle.

- Thanks in advance.
    Damage
    Feral gives more sustain damage thru bleed.
    WW have less (alot) sustain damage and bigger burst (and more frequent).

Healing
    Feral have bursty heal due heart of the wild, but may oom on heavy pressure.
    WW have better sustain heal if you can live.

Def CD
    Feral have wall and skin. Combined with ursoc, hotw, dash, and powershift make druid semi unkillable.
    Monk def cd is not as strong as druid.
    Both class can kite well, but druid is slightly better at kite because your bleed is still rolling, while monk is better at peeling.

the main advantages of druid on bgs and arena is you always open, while usually ww get opened. WW's damage drop significantly if they are forced to use tigereye stack for healing.

7. if you played sub rog for a long time you must love high burst in a few sec.. just give a try WW trust me :) You have no invis but you have amazing mobility.. Nobody can catch you.. sorry for bad english

8. well judging by how you play your rogue, you should chose warrior.
    I have a 90 lvl Warrior, and i seriously don't like Warrior's playstyle, and i don't really like the fact that most of the players are Warriors.

Damage
    Feral gives more sustain damage thru bleed.
    WW have less (alot) sustain damage and bigger burst (and more frequent).

Healing
    Feral have bursty heal due heart of the wild, but may oom on heavy pressure.
    WW have better sustain heal if you can live.

Def CD
    Feral have wall and skin. Combined with ursoc, hotw, dash, and powershift make druid semi unkillable.
    Monk def cd is not as strong as druid.
    Both class can kite well, but druid is slightly better at kite because your bleed is still rolling, while monk is better at peeling.

the main advantages of druid on bgs and arena is you always open, while usually ww get opened. WW's damage drop significantly if they are forced to use tigereye stack for healing.
    Very helpful thank you, i think that Feral's burst is quite better then WW Monk. Check this video

if you played sub rog for a long time you must love high burst in a few sec.. just give a try WW trust me :) You have no invis but you have amazing mobility.. Nobody can catch you.. sorry for bad english
    Well, i can proudly say that Monk may be fast, but rogue's mobility is better, we got spammable sprint [BoS] it removes any movement-slowing effects, and doesn't break stealth. It's OP and i love it. And we are fast even in stealth. Anyway, thanks for the reply, it was helpful i may try a monk. I have a little bit experience with both classes (Monk & Druid), i did played battlegrounds with them, monk dies faster, and it has more mobility, but feral is more supportive. I think that druid is more squishy then monk, but monks in 1v1 and 2v2 is very good, just run and heal. Same can be said for the druids, but it has mana and it runs low quickly. Thanks for those useful replies, but i still haven't decided which one to pick just yet.

9. They are both godly in PvP. Feral's bleeds are really powerful. Monks have amazing mobility and you can do great burst as well if you do it right. They are both very different playstyles. But they both have some things in common: Survival, self heals, cc. Monks need to know how and when to use their Tigereye brew, ferals need to know how to use their bleeds. It's up to you which playstyle you prefer.

10. They are both godly in PvP. Feral's bleeds are really powerful. Monks have amazing mobility and you can do great burst as well if you do it right. They are both very different playstyles. But they both have some things in common: Survival, self heals, cc. Monks need to know how and when to use their Tigereye brew, ferals need to know how to use their bleeds. It's up to you which playstyle you prefer.
    Thing is i like them both, and they are godly in pvp, i cannot decide which one to play, i like both playstyles, i love the feral druid bleeds, and monk's healing, what i am wondering, is which one have bigger\better burst, and sustained damage.

11. When ferals use incarnation they are pretty damn good at bursting. Druids actually have more utility than monks. Now you said you liked bleeds and healing, go feral then.

12. When ferals use incarnation they are pretty damn good at bursting. Druids actually have more utility than monks. Now you said you liked bleeds and healing, go feral then.
    Decision have been made, i choose Feral because it has good burst, and good sustained, and it's burst is easy it's like just press two buttons, it is also more supportive in BG's and Arenas, the best thing that really makes me loving Ferals is their TROLL ability, Typhoon, it is so much fun when you push 5 players to fall from a cliff.

- Thank you everyone, your posts was very helpful.

13. In right hands feral is a unkillable godly dps class =)

14. as a druid main over several expansions (since tbc) and a pure pvp player with a very high experience and ratings in 2s and 3s i will tell you that ferals never felt weaker on any expansion so far than they are on mop's 5.4. why? mangle bleed buff exists no more (30% increased bleed damage), no more instant cyclone anyhow (the most important thing in the current meta is the ability to instantly cc someone, since here, every single class and spec has some kind of an interrupt and you can't afford to fake cast or recast cyclones as you're losing a lot of uptime) - both nature's swiftness and predatory got removed from feral. damage got nerfed from 5.3. as well, the only difference being is rip being buffed by 20%, which is still way less than with mangle. overall, the spec is fine for dueling and world pvp. however, someone WILL mention this, so i'll just say it anyway, sodapoppin managed to get a gladiator title in 3v3 as fmp (iirc), but then again, people aren't really playing 3s and some other comps are just way higher in tiers anyway.

overall, if you care about ganking, 1v1s, world pvp and stuff like that, then go for a feral. otherwise, go for the monk, since they're way higher in arena tiers than feral druids and were even played at blizzcon, what can give you an indication on how good the class is.

15. as a druid main over several expansions (since tbc) and a pure pvp player with a very high experience and ratings in 2s and 3s i will tell you that ferals never felt weaker on any expansion so far than they are on mop's 5.4. why? mangle bleed buff exists no more (30% increased bleed damage), no more instant cyclone anyhow (the most important thing in the current meta is the ability to instantly cc someone, since here, every single class and spec has some kind of an interrupt and you can't afford to fake cast or recast cyclones as you're losing a lot of uptime) - both nature's swiftness and predatory got removed from feral. damage got nerfed from 5.3. as well, the only difference being is rip being buffed by 20%, which is still way less than with mangle. overall, the spec is fine for dueling and world pvp. however, someone WILL mention this, so i'll just say it anyway, sodapoppin managed to get a gladiator title in 3v3 as fmp (iirc), but then again, people aren't really playing 3s and some other comps are just way higher in tiers anyway.

overall, if you care about ganking, 1v1s, world pvp and stuff like that, then go for a feral. otherwise, go for the monk, since they're way higher in arena tiers than feral druids and were even played at blizzcon, what can give you an indication on how good the class is.
    Well, if you know what you are doing, you can be devastating in any kind of PvP right?
    So Monks are a bit better in Mobility and Damage, Druid is more supportive.

123 Last