1. I've primarily done PvE in the past 4 years here and I'm entirely against the merge. So against it that I actually lost all interest to even log on the day that the news thread appeared. But it's mostly because I've tried playing on Deathwing before and honestly I'd rather play a RuneScape private server with a bunch of elitists, cause at least there it takes so little skill to be good that they aren't entirely full of ****. Granted not everyone is that way, but the majority are motivating me to ditch my favorite expansion in general.

I don't think the merge should happen without evaluating the populations across all 3 realms after the core upgrade. Why? Because with all the whining about RDF and other restrictions I wouldn't be surprised if half of Lordaeron's population went back to Ragnaros/Deathwing where they will most likely have a geared character and all the working content. Lordaeron is the realm you play on if you're looking for a hardcore WoTLK experience and I highly doubt that even a third of it's population would prefer that experience if it weren't the only realm with 99% of the content working.
    I used to play on rag pre-wipe. When it comes to your first point I could say the very same for ragnaros players. In all honestly deathwing community is slightly better than rag one. When it comes to your second point I completely agree.

2. There is absolutely no reason NOT to merge dw and ragn. Dw and ragn combined barely have 7k people online during peak times. Also Lordaeron seems to have gotten performance updates recently, since I don't really feel any lag during peak times there. Not merging the two realms isn't even up to being a valid discussion in my opinion.
    #MergeDWnRagn2016

3. I used to play on rag pre-wipe. When it comes to your first point I could say the very same for ragnaros players. In all honestly deathwing community is slightly better than rag one. When it comes to your second point I completely agree.
    Personally I think both realms have their atrocious sides, but I don't want to imagine one realm with twice as many of those people.

There is absolutely no reason NOT to merge dw and ragn. Dw and ragn combined barely have 7k people online during peak times. Also Lordaeron seems to have gotten performance updates recently, since I don't really feel any lag during peak times there. Not merging the two realms isn't even up to being a valid discussion in my opinion.
    #MergeDWnRagn2016
    Posts like this remind me of how the genius community voted out Lordaeron's existence.
    Edited: February 6, 2016

4. Personally I think both realms have their atrocious sides, but I don't want to imagine one realm with twice as many of those people.

Posts like this remind me of how the genius community voted out Lordaeron's existence.
    whatever u say illidan

5. Quoting myself
    Spoiler: Show
    PROSPECTIVE 2016
    DEATHWING & RAGNAROS MERGE AND UPDATE (Q1 2016)
    We are looking to update Deathwing and Ragnaros to Lordaeron's core in upcoming months. Currently the dates depend on quality of Icecrown Citadel rescripting that we are undertaking on internal test realm. Once finished, it would be available on our PTR for testing.

Additionally we're considering merging Deathwing and Ragnaros into a single high-population realm. Higher population will improve overall player experience and server management efficiency. Our current vision of the merge is announcing a free transfer of all characters on Deathwing and Ragnaros into a realm with a new name (Icecrown? Any suggestions?) while retaining all player data and achievements. Transferring active characters will help us leave data clutter on the old databases and eventually archive them. With all quality of life improvements, updates, higher population, expense reduction and optimizations that we expect to achieve, we would face the undesirable effect of having to rename our characters and guilds on a new realm. Overall these changes are expected to breathe new life and excitement into our beloved Deathwing and Ragnaros.

Please feel free to discuss this as well as a proposition to make some limitations to help refresh the economy on the new realm that Deathwing and Ragnaros will merge into.
    As much as I love you Kaer, and understand you wish to do what you feel to be an important thing to do. I have to comment on this, because it greatly affects me and the realm I call my home.

To put this straight, I don't want to play with Deathwing people. If I did, I would be playing there, not on Ragnaros. I made this choice 3 years ago or so, after being forced to move from my original home (which still, to this day, fills me with remorse) of Neltharion when it was upgraded to Cataclysm (I loathe Cataclysm, you will never catch me playing it if given a choice).
    To put it bluntly, I despise Deathwing and the majority of its people. Allow me to explain why.

The past
    Back in Feb. 2010 (when this staff and server was but 3-4 months old), I came here to play. My first choice of a realm was Deathwing. I leveled a character to level 80, and tried to gear up - playing the game as it should be. I should note that I am a long-time retail player. So when I did my first heroic dungeon experience, how things were handled were extremely alien to me. The first couple dungeons, people just left. They left the group. I assumed it was because people did not want to do those dungeons. Later, I discovered, it was because these dungeons were "bugged", even though they worked perfectly fine.
    -- Later, I was to find myself talking in global, to inquire some things about how these heroic dungeons were handled by the community. I'm sure some people around may recall the name of "Ducky", particularly on Deathwing. This person, along with others, greeted my inquiries with insults and condescension. To the point where I put them on ignore, continued to play for another couple hours farming mobs, and then logged off of Deathwing. Never to return. I found myself disgusted and incredibly repulsed by the experience I had just dealt with. I didn't even come back to the server for a couple more months.

Finally, I came back, and started playing on Neltharion (wotlk -- best realm). This realm I came to call my home because of how much more friendly people seemed to be. I figure that the realm being the server's first may have had something to do with it. I found myself a raiding guild, named <Crysis>. While I was in this guild, we were the first on the entire server (not just the realm) to kill the Lich King. It was glorious. I have so many fond memories of the realm. I was even so pleased with the realm and the community that I donated for a Shadowmourne at full price. Yes, I was willing to commit that large of a donation forth, because I felt it was extremely well earned.
    -- Then Cataclysm came, Greymane and Deepholm. These realms were eventually shut down and merged into the primary realms, which some of the primary realms were upgraded to Cataclysm. Neltharion was one of the selected realms to be upgraded. This not only tore apart Neltharion's community that I had come to love so much, but it also tore apart my guild. Ever since then, I have not found a community I have been so proud to be a part of. There is no replacing the original Neltharion to me. You cannot replicate it. And it is now gone. This made me sad beyond comparison, not even the Moltdown holds a torch to it. Ever since then, I have felt that I lost my home to my most hated expansion. I played Cataclysm on retail, for its entire length, and I have absolutely zero desire to repeat that garbage -- yes, I said it, the expansion is garbage.

More recent history
    I was forced to move to a new realm. The bulk of my friends decided to move to Ragnaros. Rhonim in particular being my biggest friend at the time. He made a guild there and welcomed his guildmates from <Crysis> to come join him, so that we'd have a place to go and not be left out in the cold. The guild prospered for a time. It had its drama issues, just like any other guild, but it felt like the closest thing to a second home I'd ever have. Ragnaros felt a little hollow at the time, but I always figured that to be because Ragnaros was so young. Later, I came to realize that the realm had its flaws, and it wasn't near perfect as Neltharion felt. As time passed, myself and my friends became a better known part of the realm's raiding community. I've been a part of many guilds, more than I can count, and countless more people know me and my friend's name very well.

As time passed, I found myself to be a center of an entire guild's drama. A guild I had no wish to be a part of. A guild that was essentially the remnants of <Crysis>'s rival guild back on old Neltharion. The problem here is that it wasn't a guild on Ragnaros. It was a guild on Deathwing. This guild paid me a great deal of hassle, but they eventually left me alone as they moved on to another server. But the damage was done, the imprint was made. Since then, I have watched players on the forum from that realm, and watched their guild threads. All this time building upon the one thing which I experienced the very first month that I played on this server: Deathwing was a cess pool of egos, drama and exploiting.

I've had my own drama with particular guilds on Ragnaros. I've had trouble with people's egos and exploiting, to the point where I even faction changed all of my characters to get away from it. This is why I now play Horde on the realm. There are a number of guilds that "farm LoD" (LoD being the Light of Dawn; achievement for killing Lich King 25-man heroic), but only manage to do so with exploiting. And they publicly bare it, show it off, tell others it doesn't matter. They even have the audacity to tell others that it is legit because the GMs here won't ban them. (Have they been banned yet?) We have proof that they have been exploiting this **** for a while now, tried reporting it, but to no avail. And as much as that bothers me, it reminded me of one thing. The one thing that truly bothered me the most, the thing that compelled me to faction change to get away from it in the first place: Deathwing. Because I have witnessed all these same things happen over on that realm.

The worst part of it all, there are Horde guilds over there that act this way, and if the realms were to merge, the only escape I'd have from it is quitting. Because, by this point, the part of the community that is aware of this situation (against it or condoning it; both sides) knows action against their exploiting isn't going to be taken, and as a result, their inflated egos will continue to plague the realm's community.

Conclusion
    I have no idea what any Deathwing player feels about Ragnaros and its community, but I know for absolute certainty that I am not the only person on Ragnaros that feels this way about Deathwing. In fact, I know one person who has read this very thread and told me that they will avoid the thread in the future and from posting on it, because they don't want to get themselves banned. Yes, it's that bad.

Is merging the realms absolutely necessary? I don't know. I'm not going to pretend to know what you know, Kaer. I trust you to take care of this server. I have always trusted you. You are one of the main reasons I am still active here and donating (despite having nothing left I wish to donate for). If you feel the realm merge is necessary, I will trust your judgment and give it a shot, but I do not foresee myself sticking around for much longer if I have no escape from these people who have inflated egos because of their exploiting. This is the last thing that the loyal and legit players need, to feel like we have to exploit or die out.

Myself, and the others with opinions like mine, are dying for the Lordaeron core. We know the staff is working extremely hard on it, and we are incredibly excited and anxious to be getting it. To me and others with opinions like mine, to us, this core means more than just "quality scripts". To us, it means content being as hard as it should be. It means not over-gearing the content so easily (1 heroic tier token per boss instead of 2-3 of them). It means not exploiting Professor Putricide (because it's the only way the boss can be beaten, and it has been this way for YEARS). It means Valithria Dreamwalker won't be such a royal pain in the backside when it's supposed to be pretty much free loot, instead of requiring a group of MANY HEALERS (it has been this way for a long time, only because some people refuse to extend the enrage timer back to what it once was). It means no more kiting Lich King with Judgment of Justice when he is enraged. It means no more using stunned Val'kyr to make people invulnerable and capable of DPSing Lich King during Frostmourne phase. It means no more interrupting Lich King's Vile Spirit casts.
    To us, the Lordaeron core is HUGE, and it is our last hope.

And about names. I fought against fanboys to get the one name I have been known to use (my current forum name) after the Moltdown. If I have to go through that again, ugh... so help me God. This is another thing that troubles a LOT of people. Please don't put us through this BS again if you can help it. The likelihood of me continuing to play without the player name I have grown so attached to, and others have come to know, recognize and respect, is very slim. If there is an alternative that would allow us to keep our names, then I would strongly motion for it.

I strongly motion for a delay on the merging of the realms. At the very least, let us have the Lord core long enough to 1) see how many people come back to our realms, and 2) give the Lord core enough time to kill off these people who have inflated egos due to their exploiting.

I used to play on rag pre-wipe. When it comes to your first point I could say the very same for ragnaros players. In all honestly deathwing community is slightly better than rag one. When it comes to your second point I completely agree.
    You're right, both realms have their trash. However, there are people on Deathwing that specifically keep me from playing there. I could go and list names and guilds, but that would only cause drama to ensue. Those people on Deathwing are largely on Horde. On Ragnaros, I went Horde to get away from similar people. IF the realms merged, I'd have to choose of which I want to deal with. The devil I know, or the devil I don't (I know the problematic players on Rag a bit better). So I'd probably feel forced to faction change back to Alliance. That is, of course, assuming I ever come out of inactivity that I've been driven to due to these dip****s. But at the same time, perhaps some of these unskilled, exploiting elitists will be put in their place once we get the Lordaeron core fixes.
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll have to wait and see.
    There is absolutely no reason NOT to merge dw and ragn. Dw and ragn combined barely have 7k people online during peak times. Also Lordaeron seems to have gotten performance updates recently, since I don't really feel any lag during peak times there. Not merging the two realms isn't even up to being a valid discussion in my opinion.
    #MergeDWnRagn2016
    There are TONS of reasons not to merge if you'd care to read and try to understand other people's points of view. What is or is not a valid discussion isn't up to YOU anyway. If that's all you have to contribute, then you have no business posting. Forums do not exist so people can tell others what they can or cannot post or discuss. That's the job of the moderators, and as far as I can tell, you are NOT one.

6. whatever u say illidan
    You are clearly not prepared.

7. You are clearly not prepared.
    ur the one that's not prepared

8. ur the one that's not prepared
    For what? o.o

9. Perestroyka is a PvP-er (like myself tho I do PvE as well). He has his opinion based on the state of 2s and 3s bracket, which is at its lowest since I've come to molten. From that perspective, mergin will be superb (more queues, higher title cuttofs in 3s etc) and I'm definetely supporting it. You're looking at the merge from PvE point of view, and you will barely see any difference. As for lag and/or eventual overpopulation of new realm, you definetely have a valid point there, and it WILL happen (tho maybe not as drastic as u present it). Best solution for both would be leaving realms separated but enabling cross-realm arenas and battlegrounds between them. However, that will not happen so, in the end, merge will probably be for the best. My 2 cents.

Edit: I was referring to Sixtynine

10. Just because the basis of some people's behavior is in PvE, does not make it a "PvE issue". It's a community issue. As far as I'm concerned, rated arenas can go die in a fire. The cheating there is worse than it could ever be in the PvE environment.

11. Just because the basis of some people's behavior is in PvE, does not make it a "PvE issue". It's a community issue. As far as I'm concerned, rated arenas can go die in a fire. The cheating there is worse than it could ever be in the PvE environment.
    Just because you think of arenas as cancerous doesn't mean you are a)right and b)representing opinion of average Warmane player. Cheating is everywhere in WoW, both PvP and PvE, even on retail. Does that mean it shouldn't get any attention?

12. NO server will ever be 100% so lets get that out of the way now. it is the same core only lord core is fresh vs the one we play on. so while i am hopeful and would like to see more players here remember...
    Damn Funky, I didn't expect you to be so hard-headed... This guy has spent some precious time to explain that to you so you get to have an idea of why these cores aren't the same.

Lordaeron's core is a revised and thoroughly updated iteration of Trinity Core. It's vastly different from the old Trinity Core framework upon which Ragnaros/Deathwing were based and developed. The general quality of Lordaeron is in a different league from that of Ragnaros and Deathwing. They really don't even begin to be comparable; most players will probably feel the difference immediately. Mob LoS is non-existent on Deathwing and path-finding is downright dismal - these are close to flawless on Lordaeron. The state of questing is likewise simply superb by contrast. A lot of the critical class bugs that significantly alter what classes you'd bring to a raid, like wolf pets serving as big-time melee DPS buffers, Demo Lock and Ele Shaman spellpower buffs stacking, etc, are largely all completely fixed, as are several other class bugs that greatly affect gameplay. It's not perfect for the time being, but for the most part it's a massive cut above what we have on Ragnaros/Deathwing right now.

Every Northrend dungeon actually works (and fantastically, I might add). Right now when you queue into an RDF on Deathwing, there's a good chance you're gonna run into a bugged instance (Occulus, UP, ToC), and end up having to re-make the group to get your dungeon rewards at the end.
    Also, there can be 100% working servers, there's no reason of why there can't be one, but it would require some pretty big changes that most servers don't want to take because it's way more easier to take a popular and working core as TC and work with it, it saves time and money for them.

Lordaeron's core is far from "same" or "similar" to the current Ragnaros & Deathwing core. There are lots of things, but putting it simple, it goes from things you see to things you clearly can't see as a player.

more people=more lag which lord is definitely experiencing already. new core with ICC released will be attracting new players thus filling up the que and running up the lag even more. will we also have a model similar to lord where we can pay to skip the que monthly if it indeed comes to that?

player names and losses/recovery is still going to find a way to piss off those who lose their name. it wont be everyone but as i explained in another thread the system is severely flawed just like /played or using achievements is.

transfer amounts on anything is dumb. we have been working hard for a year to regain all the gold, gear, and whatever else we lost in moltdown now people are saying there are caps? why? the market will eventually go back to 2013 (primos for 25k a pop anyone?) once enough gold has been floating around so who cares. just another way to piss people off.

i would assume they would be releasing the new realm with ICC working to some extent (would be really dumb not to) so who is to say they have actually been working at all on that? would make sense to me to release new realm when ICC gets released on lord instead of splitting up devs to work on ulduar for lord and ICC for the new realm. so we could be waiting a while longer if this is the case.

lets say lord and new realm both hit 10k cap. then what? make a new realm like lord as in start at new progression or make another rag/dw realm with higher xp rates? either way we will be going back to 3 servers so this whole move i think is just way to much hassle and a headache to even bother with.

What is the actual dire need for this merge? does shutting down 1 server really save that much money vs having one stressed at 8k+ with lag, pissed off players, and taking a back seat to lord fixes? sorry i cannot justify it from my pov.
    More people doesn't necessarily mean more lag, that's a lie. A realm to hold more people needs a core that's intended to work with big amounts of players and obviously a better server than a realm with a lower player capacity.
    But it's true that it does affect us, becase the more players on our current location means more resources to be spent by our computer.

Player names will be a hard battle against time for people like us, people who have "enemies", it's stupid but it will most-likely happen if Warmane doesn't think on something, but as I see this situation, they can't do anything without it affecting some niche group of players.

A gold limit for transfers is totally stupid, I don't see any reason of why it has to be like that. They're afraid of it affecting the economy, but how can it affect economy? There will be more gold, but also more demand + more products/serviers on sell. I find this "feature" absolutely stupid from their side.

A 10k players realm is a mess, that's what I think and I won't probably change of opinion. I tried playing on Lordaeron, more than lag or anything, it pisses me off to not be able to find a single place where I can be leveling or doing it alone, it's overpopulated. A player is experience has to be good for us to want to play, and an overpopulated realm won't make any better.

People who complain about BGs don't realize that if both realms merge, there will be almost twice the population, and it won't change almost anything for BGs, it won't be almost twice people in the horde to play BGs (That's in case you're alliance) there will also be almost twice people in the alliance queuing for BGs. Maybe it will make arenas more active during european night-time, and some more world pvp.

I have no idea of why they want to rush a merge for both realms, I've been against this idea since the start and my opinion hasn't changed.

Just because you think of arenas as cancerous doesn't mean you are a)right and b)representing opinion of average Warmane player. Cheating is everywhere in WoW, both PvP and PvE, even on retail. Does that mean it shouldn't get any attention?
    You clearly seem to haven't got to 2.2k rating ever, the amount of scripters and exploiters is so huge... But it sure needs more attention from Warmane, they need to rework their warden system to get rid of those kind of players, and also fix a couple bugs.

@Lynea I don't think arenas should burn in hell...

13. Just because you think of arenas as cancerous doesn't mean you are a)right and b)representing opinion of average Warmane player. Cheating is everywhere in WoW, both PvP and PvE, even on retail. Does that mean it shouldn't get any attention?
    Never did I say I thought of arenas as "cancerous". That is not a term I consider to be synonymous with cheating. Never did I say I represent anyone's opinion but my own. I did say, AND I QUOTE, "As far as I'm concerned".

Also, who said anything about "PvP" (which, btw, is not snynonymous with arena) not "getting any attention"? I don't understand how you could possibly think that A) arena "getting attention" is more important than anything else, or B) why you seem to think anyone's opinion should be omitted just because they dislike the amount of cheating in arena.

Edit;
    @Lynea I don't think arenas should burn in hell...
    The content itself is great. I do agree. I used to be quite into it myself, once upon a time..... but, with the amount of scripting, hacking and exploiting that goes on... I'll have to stand by what I said until people stop doing that **** (which, let's be honest here, never will happen).

14. Perestroyka is a PvP-er (like myself tho I do PvE as well). He has his opinion based on the state of 2s and 3s bracket, which is at its lowest since I've come to molten.
    I am actually a PvE player nowdays on lordaeron (all content cleared on 10 and 25man) and my opinion was based on PvE standpoint as well. Higher realm population makes it easier to find a good roster for a guild. It also makes it easier to find a group for daily heroic, heck it even makes it easier to pug raids for those who like do pugs.

15. Never did I say I thought of arenas as "cancerous". That is not a term I consider to be synonymous with cheating. Never did I say I represent anyone's opinion but my own. I did say, AND I QUOTE, "As far as I'm concerned".

Also, who said anything about "PvP" (which, btw, is not snynonymous with arena) not "getting any attention"? I don't understand how you could possibly think that A) arena "getting attention" is more important than anything else, or B) why you seem to think anyone's opinion should be omitted just because they dislike the amount of cheating in arena.

Edit;

The content itself is great. I do agree. I used to be quite into it myself, once upon a time..... but, with the amount of scripting, hacking and exploiting that goes on... I'll have to stand by what I said until people stop doing that **** (which, let's be honest here, never will happen).
    Ur so ignorant and blind. "with the amount of scripting, hacking and exploiting...blabla" what the **** do you know about the arena scene? You are probably one thouse players who loses then starts blaming ur bad performance on scripting, hacking and exploiting instead of facing the fact that you are not as good as you think you are. Same thing i would call out every pve player that does pve end game content on abusing and hacking while i have no idea are they doing this cuz i dont pve

First 1234 ... Last