1. Updates on the Ragnaros/Deathwing merge!

Hi all,

Is there any known updates regarding the server merges? Ragnaros is pretty dead throughout the day and most of the players on the server are desperately awaiting the merge to breathe new life into the server.

I feel that Lordaeron is causing the other servers to become very neglected, yet these servers are generating way more funding than Lordaeron, and there are still thousands of people wanting to play them.

Thanks for your time

2. I've yet to see any new information regarding this. /cry

3. Ragnaros is pretty dead throughout the day
    Its dead during the day? are u like Australian or something? its pretty active during the day at least for EU and US.

4. Originally Posted by Devlog

Wrath of the Lich King
    January 22, 2016

After several months of work put into the improved Wrath of the Lich King core, we are now getting closer to releasing it on Deathwing and Ragnaros. As you can see in previous Lordaeron changelogs, we have made enormous progress and reached a level of quality that will greatly benefit all our WotLK realms. Before the planned merge of Ragnaros and Deathwing, both realms will be updated with the core used on Lordaeron currently. Several projects need to be completed before that core swap can be initiated though. As noted in the previous changelog, we have - in addition to our regular improvements - also started to work on Icecrown Citadel and Ruby Sanctum. We have completely rewritten almost all encounters in Icecrown Citadel and Ruby Sanctum by now, as well as fully scripted Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection. Currently we are working on Trial of the (Grand) Crusader to prepare it for Ragnaros and Deathwing. Ulduar has already been scripted from scratch and will undergo another PTR test before the core swap as well to ensure its quality. At that point we will also ask Deathwing and Ragnaros guild(s) to help us gather feedback on Icecrown Citadel, Ruby Sanctum and Trial of the (Grand) Crusader on our PTR. Once those projects are finished and several internal features are prepared, we will be ready to change the core. There is no official date yet, but we expect it to happen towards the end of February.

In terms of general development, we have made great progress on cleaning up remaining quest and dungeon issues and are close to completing that milestone. As written above, Ulduar is already prepared for release with only a few changes left to polish it, but it will not be released on Lordaeron before March because of the progressive realm design. Additionally we have also been constantly fixing spell, combat and general issues as well as improving performance. We are currently preparing to launch Wintergrasp and Vault of Archavon. However, due to performance concerns we may limit the amount of players allowed to join the battle initially. We will monitor performance and make adjustments accordingly. We also have a project in planning stage that will greatly increase performance and allow us to split servers per map once completed, but this is a project of a few months and therefore cannot be expected to have an effect anytime soon. Another changelog will be posted shortly including a few hundred fixes again.
    That's all we know atm, it's probably going to happen at late february, but I wouldn't mind if it happens in early march. Anyways, stay patient guys, let's hope this change of cores is as amazing as we've been told.

5. I'd just like to know how much gold we'll be able to transfer and if there will be a pool regrading the new realm's name... I'd vote for Wrathgate xD

6. That's all we know atm, it's probably going to happen at late february, but I wouldn't mind if it happens in early march. Anyways, stay patient guys, let's hope this change of cores is as amazing as we've been told.
    nice try. but with warmane(molten)'s track history, we can say early April to late May. Considering the workload they have to do to other servers after tunneling Lordaeron.

really hope they prioritize merging the WOTLK over Cataclysm though, WOTLK needs a bigger population, it's a shadow of what it once was back pre-Moltdown.

7. That's all we know atm, it's probably going to happen at late february, but I wouldn't mind if it happens in early march. Anyways, stay patient guys, let's hope this change of cores is as amazing as we've been told.
    It's the same core. The exact same. It's not that amazing once you read all the bugs and buffing going on.

8. It's the same core. The exact same. It's not that amazing once you read all the bugs and buffing going on.
    Lordaeron's core is a revised and thoroughly updated iteration of Trinity Core. It's vastly different from the old Trinity Core framework upon which Ragnaros/Deathwing were based and developed. The general quality of Lordaeron is in a different league from that of Ragnaros and Deathwing. They really don't even begin to be comparable; most players will probably feel the difference immediately. Mob LoS is non-existent on Deathwing and path-finding is downright dismal - these are close to flawless on Lordaeron. The state of questing is likewise simply superb by contrast. A lot of the critical class bugs that significantly alter what classes you'd bring to a raid, like wolf pets serving as big-time melee DPS buffers, Demo Lock and Ele Shaman spellpower buffs stacking, etc, are largely all completely fixed, as are several other class bugs that greatly affect gameplay. It's not perfect for the time being, but for the most part it's a massive cut above what we have on Ragnaros/Deathwing right now.

Every Northrend dungeon actually works (and fantastically, I might add). Right now when you queue into an RDF on Deathwing, there's a good chance you're gonna run into a bugged instance (Occulus, UP, ToC), and end up having to re-make the group to get your dungeon rewards at the end.

9. I'm an ***** if anyone saw my original post here. Looked at the wrong thread.
    Edited: February 5, 2016

10. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....ve-2016/page89
    There is no date as of yet. The ETA so far is 2016 Q2.
    2016 Q2 is just the same as saying April-May-June of this year. That's a very rough estimate, and asking for a date this early on is NOT FEASIBLE. (emphasis)
    Still a very long time until the merge.... :-(

11. It's the same core. The exact same. It's not that amazing once you read all the bugs and buffing going on.
    I've leveled 5 shamans from 1 to 80 in group on lord and i may be lucky but i've encountered like 7 buggy quests on a total of 1500.
    Lot's of lore and scripted quests worked which was very nice to see.
    So when it comes to wotlk questing in group, i think warmane is the best available.

If they bring the rest of the content to the same level of quality then warmane will have a very very nice server.

12. I've leveled 5 shamans from 1 to 80 in group on lord and i may be lucky but i've encountered like 7 buggy quests on a total of 1500.
    Lot's of lore and scripted quests worked which was very nice to see.
    So when it comes to wotlk questing in group, i think warmane is the best available.

If they bring the rest of the content to the same level of quality then warmane will have a very very nice server.
    IF

look i know im rough on the staff who make these decisions sometimes and ill defend them sometimes but this is one place i cannot defend them at all.

i hope for the best plan for the worst.

NO server will ever be 100% so lets get that out of the way now. it is the same core only lord core is fresh vs the one we play on. so while i am hopeful and would like to see more players here remember...

more people=more lag which lord is definitely experiencing already. new core with ICC released will be attracting new players thus filling up the que and running up the lag even more. will we also have a model similar to lord where we can pay to skip the que monthly if it indeed comes to that?

player names and losses/recovery is still going to find a way to piss off those who lose their name. it wont be everyone but as i explained in another thread the system is severely flawed just like /played or using achievements is.

transfer amounts on anything is dumb. we have been working hard for a year to regain all the gold, gear, and whatever else we lost in moltdown now people are saying there are caps? why? the market will eventually go back to 2013 (primos for 25k a pop anyone?) once enough gold has been floating around so who cares. just another way to piss people off.

i would assume they would be releasing the new realm with ICC working to some extent (would be really dumb not to) so who is to say they have actually been working at all on that? would make sense to me to release new realm when ICC gets released on lord instead of splitting up devs to work on ulduar for lord and ICC for the new realm. so we could be waiting a while longer if this is the case.

lets say lord and new realm both hit 10k cap. then what? make a new realm like lord as in start at new progression or make another rag/dw realm with higher xp rates? either way we will be going back to 3 servers so this whole move i think is just way to much hassle and a headache to even bother with.

What is the actual dire need for this merge? does shutting down 1 server really save that much money vs having one stressed at 8k+ with lag, pissed off players, and taking a back seat to lord fixes? sorry i cannot justify it from my pov.

13. im starting to believe that in the end we will hav 2 realms, which lags af - lord and dw/rag. and all those hyped dumbs will be glad about working quests, while pvp community will be pissed about high ms and the same ****ing bugs, which were at old cores. if my fear's become true, i guess it will be start of the end((

14. Imo they shouldnt merge dw and rag. Add crossrealm bgs and arenas for dw/rag, implement the lord core. I speak from pvp player pov, but i don't see how this merge do any good for the pve scene. Theres lots of end game pve guilds on both realms and factions. Someone who plays pve mainly, please educate me on how this merge affects the pve scene.

15. Imo they shouldnt merge dw and rag. Add crossrealm bgs and arenas for dw/rag, implement the lord core. I speak from pvp player pov, but i don't see how this merge do any good for the pve scene. Theres lots of end game pve guilds on both realms and factions. Someone who plays pve mainly, please educate me on how this merge affects the pve scene.
    I've primarily done PvE in the past 4 years here and I'm entirely against the merge. So against it that I actually lost all interest to even log on the day that the news thread appeared. But it's mostly because I've tried playing on Deathwing before and honestly I'd rather play a RuneScape private server with a bunch of elitists, cause at least there it takes so little skill to be good that they aren't entirely full of ****. Granted not everyone is that way, but the majority are motivating me to ditch my favorite expansion in general.

I don't think the merge should happen without evaluating the populations across all 3 realms after the core upgrade. Why? Because with all the whining about RDF and other restrictions I wouldn't be surprised if half of Lordaeron's population went back to Ragnaros/Deathwing where they will most likely have a geared character and all the working content. Lordaeron is the realm you play on if you're looking for a hardcore WoTLK experience and I highly doubt that even a third of it's population would prefer that experience if it weren't the only realm with 99% of the content working.

123 ... Last