1. Global Chat... Why is it so toxic?

On both sides.. it's just constant people being *****s or people spamming, or both. Why? Why can't we have nice things?

2. On both sides.. it's just constant people being *****s or people spamming, or both. Why? Why can't we have nice things?
    it's hard to explain, but you have to realize that nowdays there are nerds everywhere; it all came with the evolution of online games. it's mostly people who "suck at life" are those who are doing it. i'm no Freud, but it's a sort of a stress relief or feeling superior to others, in-game at least, and since they're able to hide their identity completely, that's just another thing that allows them to do it. it's similar to shouting during a game in a stadium when something goes wrong for a team they dislike, since they're able to hide themelves among the crowd, but would an individual do it if it was alone there? i can bet it's a no. it also has to do with how society is "evolving" and you have to realize that most people in this world are just mediocre at best. most don't even surpass 105 IQ and i don't think you can expect anything original or awesome from these kinds of people anyway. it's sad, i know, but nothing we can do about that.

3. it's hard to explain, but you have to realize that nowdays there are nerds everywhere; it all came with the evolution of online games. it's mostly people who "suck at life" are those who are doing it. i'm no Freud, but it's a sort of a stress relief or feeling superior to others, in-game at least, and since they're able to hide their identity completely, that's just another thing that allows them to do it. it's similar to shouting during a game in a stadium when something goes wrong for a team they dislike, since they're able to hide themelves among the crowd, but would an individual do it if it was alone there? i can bet it's a no. it also has to do with how society is "evolving" and you have to realize that most people in this world are just mediocre at best. most don't even surpass 105 IQ and i don't think you can expect anything original or awesome from these kinds of people anyway. it's sad, i know, but nothing we can do about that.
    That's all true yes, but I'm saying like even compared to an official WoW realm with a comparable population, the community here is god-awful. I know some of that toxicity comes with the F2P aspect of private servers, but it just baffles me how even in a smaller community like Frostwolf.. people find it necessary to act like children, spam, whine, and beg... I just don't get it. Maybe my expectations are too high for a private server, but it's just quite disappointing that it's near impossible to have a meaningful conversation in the chat.

4. That's all true yes, but I'm saying like even compared to an official WoW realm with a comparable population, the community here is god-awful. I know some of that toxicity comes with the F2P aspect of private servers, but it just baffles me how even in a smaller community like Frostwolf.. people find it necessary to act like children, spam, whine, and beg... I just don't get it. Maybe my expectations are too high for a private server, but it's just quite disappointing that it's near impossible to have a meaningful conversation in the chat.
    regarding official server, multiple reasons: they pay to play (way less actual children), channels have moderators (you can get banned for spamming stupid stuff over and over again), character names have a meaning there (roleplay identity) since it's a 1x server (and no names like "imhungrylolz") and "staining" your in game name somewhat means staining your real name. lordaeron was different when i was still playing there - not as many douchebgas as there was on other realms...

5. Because there's no moderation or punishment for bad behavior. Doesn't matter how racist or bigoted it is there are no consequences. Add to that all the regular spamming, the kids with their **** <whatever> spam the stupid and pointless "chat clear" crap and it becomes a mess. The GM's barely do anything about stuff like cheating and they do absolutely nothing about chat.

The best you can hope for is that maybe a GM sees it when then log on once in a blue moon. Why they don't recruit more people, volunteered or paid to deal with the small stuff is a mystery.

6. I am especially fed up of the "allah akbar" spammers and the "sex talk" spammers, becoming absolutely disgusting.

7. I am especially fed up of the "allah akbar" spammers and the "sex talk" spammers, becoming absolutely disgusting.
    and the gay sex chat, mom jokes, religion hate speech.. its like routine in alliance chat and by the same people -.-

8. I am especially fed up of the "allah akbar" spammers and the "sex talk" spammers, becoming absolutely disgusting.
    ^^^^^^ this oh my god i cant stand the islamophobia in the global chat

9. Welcome to the internet, you must be new

10. Welcome to the internet, you must be new
    ^

Hints: disable global chat, join a guild.

11. ^^^^^^ this oh my god i cant stand the islamophobia in the global chat
    Allah is the only god!!!

12. You know, /leave global. I never join these conversations myself, but I think they are amusing and fun to read.

13. Welcome to the internet, you must be new

well memed my friend!

Not even /b/ is as toxic as Frostwolf's global.

14. It's called World of Warcraft, the perfect place for trolls.

12 Last