1. Would you recommend this server? (pvp H)

Hey all,

I play WoW since TBC.
    In Legion, i hated the AP grind and wanted to go back to the good old days. But I'm a bit undecided and skeptical about things in Warmane.

I am new to private servers.

I tried Icecrown server but bored of the unbearable entrance queue times.
    Tried Lordaeron, peaceful and actually nice, nostalgic, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to level in a non-RDF environment.

Then I started to question WOTLK servers too:

TBH the first and foremost reason I thought about playing in private server is that I miss WOTLK days so much. I wanted to re-live the WOTLK days but then i remembered how skillmourne axe gods were slaughtering my clothie-lover self in every aspect of pvp imaginable. And also LK being the DK expansion, i couldnt be sure if I wanted to try. I want to be able to pvp as Afflock and Disc. On Horde side. In arenas, bgs, rbgs, etc.

I remember MoP as an expansion that people were saying it was nicely balanced PvP-wise. I did play it actually on retail, and guess it was. At least better than what it is now in Legion.

So I'm a bit confused and need ideas, info, guidance etc. Would you say Frostwolf MoP is the place for a pvp loving Horde clothie? Or should I look elsewhere.

Thanks for reading.

2. Well, this server is PvP oriented and i would highly recommend it if you are looking for PvP only. It's well balanced and actually really fun,imo it's the best expansion regarding PvP and i played every single one (even WoD lol) It will be hard for you to gear up as a horde since they are pretty brainless in BG-s unless u hop in some Devastation premade party. Alliance is way more easier for gearing process but i guess if you are really stubborn like me,you can gear up with Horde toon as well. I will recommend to you to make your own premades since BG experience is terrible if you play Horde. Also every cloth class is pretty good. I personally like mages mostly because i enjoy that kind of gameplay but locks and shadow priests are really good as well in right hands.
    So all in all this is the best MoP server you can find and i recommend you trying it. Once you find some good players to play with time will fly and you will have tons of fun.

3. thank you jovadoktor, that was really helpful.

4. I can also recommend the server for any PvP lover. Also, classes and specs are VERY balanced here, honestly. If you do join in the fun, and want a friend to play with, feel free to add me; the name is Bearquard. We can work something out for sure, welcome to the server :)

5. I can also recommend the server for any PvP lover. Also, classes and specs are VERY balanced here, honestly. If you do join in the fun, and want a friend to play with, feel free to add me; the name is Bearquard. We can work something out for sure, welcome to the server :)
    thanks, adding you:)

6. i don't want to burst your bubble, but if you're trying to que arena, don't bother. bgs? sure, i guess...

it's completely dead and trust me on that one. i get why the community always keep saying it's worth it, they want players... can't blame them.

i've played here for over a year. got glad in 3s, didn't get r1 as people dodged and 0 queues. i went flawless as undergeared RMD (says a lot).

this was the r1 team back then

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/59193328
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/59194565
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/59198285
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/59197374

i don't recommend it at all as they mostly focus on pve players and don't care about pvp at all (yes, i've seen everything. bugs from 2015 are still here and don't give me stupid excuse "can't fix everything in 2 seconds". we're talking about not being able to change talents/glyphs the last 10 seconds in starting area and worst of all: NO PATHFINDING LOL

don't want to offend anyone here, just don't want people to give false hope. try to be realistic.

TL;DR

don't join the server if you're into arena. if you want to do casual pvp like bgs or duels, then i recommend it highly.

7. thank you for the detailed answer Sharstar. yeah i guess i'll be more into casual stuff.

8. i don't recommend it at all as they mostly focus on pve players and don't care about pvp at all (yes, i've seen everything. bugs from 2015 are still here and don't give me stupid excuse "can't fix everything in 2 seconds". we're talking about not being able to change talents/glyphs the last 10 seconds in starting area and worst of all: NO PATHFINDING LOL

don't want to offend anyone here, just don't want people to give false hope. try to be realistic.

TL;DR

don't join the server if you're into arena. if you want to do casual pvp like bgs or duels, then i recommend it highly.
    Thats stupid and you know it. The PvE content is barely getting any updates, definitely not much more than PvP, and to add that, at least half of the people on this server will tell you they're PvP players, not PvE.

Yes, some content is buggy and yes we lack thousands of players. Yes, players lack skill compared to retail.

But PvP is very much alive and well working. BGs are perfect but abit lonely in the rated field, 2s are amazing at lower ranks and decent at higher, world PvP lives, duels do. 3s are rarely played unless you ask in global, but when you ask, they are, 5s are dead.

Still, its very much alive, please stop scaring people away with nonsense >.>

Regards

9. Thats stupid and you know it. The PvE content is barely getting any updates, definitely not much more than PvP, and to add that, at least half of the people on this server will tell you they're PvP players, not PvE.

Yes, some content is buggy and yes we lack thousands of players. Yes, players lack skill compared to retail.

But PvP is very much alive and well working. BGs are perfect but abit lonely in the rated field, 2s are amazing at lower ranks and decent at higher, world PvP lives, duels do. 3s are rarely played unless you ask in global, but when you ask, they are, 5s are dead.

Still, its very much alive, please stop scaring people away with nonsense >.>

Regards
    nonsense? what i said is not nonsense. i sit in 3s queue for over 30 minutes. 2s? dead AF. i can't even cap because the queues are dead. also when people leave arena or some ****, you don't get conquest... like i dont understand what they're doing. make it i90 and starting gear and bam, people will play on warmane to pvp. but jk, no1 understands that LUL

10. nonsense? what i said is not nonsense. i sit in 3s queue for over 30 minutes. 2s? dead AF. i can't even cap because the queues are dead. also when people leave arena or some ****, you don't get conquest... like i dont understand what they're doing. make it i90 and starting gear and bam, people will play on warmane to pvp. but jk, no1 understands that LUL
    Maybe you just get into really wrong time..2s are active even on higher rating. And i see some old players are coming to play 3s also. All in all it's getting better, so don't scare new ppl wanting to come. Also it's summer time=less population. And what's the point of making some angry server posts LUL..

11. Maybe you just get into really wrong time..2s are active even on higher rating. And i see some old players are coming to play 3s also. All in all it's getting better, so don't scare new ppl wanting to come. Also it's summer time=less population. And what's the point of making some angry server posts LUL..
    because no matter what you try to suggest, they are stubborn and won't do jack **** about it. and no, i'm queueing around 14-10 pm and there is no difference. it's the same dead *** **** like it was 1 year ago, and that was in like sep-oct, so using the summer as an excuse won't work. nothing has changed pvp wise.

i don't mind him joining, that's good lol. i'm just saying people should stop using propaganda as a tool to get players here. tell them how it REALLY is. warmane is far behind. it would be amazing if they would invest in a new pvp realm and make a cross server like another mop server did. we need instant 90. no one gives a **** about leveling and questing. that is some casual **** right there.

12. because no matter what you try to suggest, they are stubborn and won't do jack **** about it. and no, i'm queueing around 14-10 pm and there is no difference. it's the same dead *** **** like it was 1 year ago, and that was in like sep-oct, so using the summer as an excuse won't work. nothing has changed pvp wise.

i don't mind him joining, that's good lol. i'm just saying people should stop using propaganda as a tool to get players here. tell them how it REALLY is. warmane is far behind. it would be amazing if they would invest in a new pvp realm and make a cross server like another mop server did. we need instant 90. no one gives a **** about leveling and questing. that is some casual **** right there.
    As a guy who is playing here from the start i am still having great time here. Would say most important thing is to find some ppl to play with :D
    At least on horde side bg ques are mostly instant and also when ever i try some 2s there are always teams to play against. Since they recently added legendary quest line and 2 new bgs ppl are coming back.

Probably you are having some problem if you have more than 2300 rating. But i see lot of those high rated players are playing with someone with low rating in team and they also get que often. So in my opinion server is really not that bad like you did describe it. Cheers

13. because no matter what you try to suggest, they are stubborn and won't do jack **** about it. and no, i'm queueing around 14-10 pm and there is no difference. it's the same dead *** **** like it was 1 year ago, and that was in like sep-oct, so using the summer as an excuse won't work. nothing has changed pvp wise.

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...stwolf/profile

Is this your character?

If so, it would seem the last time you played, the longest you had to wait in 2v2 queue is 10 minutes or so, with an average wait time of about 3 minutes. Is that really such a long wait time?

I also don't think Warmane is behind. If the competition was so far ahead, you wouldn't need to come post on these forums so often, now would you? Clearly you want to play here, but the lack of instant 90/easy gearing is holding you back and you want that changed. That's great, but the only blizzlike change would be to enable/fix Conquest Catch-up. I would be glad if they made an instant 90 realm and enabled cross realm arenas, or if they did anything else to increase FW's population, but it's seems pretty unlikely.

14. warmane is far behind.
    I agree that there are problems you described and they are attacking you for maybe not much of a reason, but seriously, behind what? Which server is better scripted? I've played on a few other MoP servers and compared to Warmane they are so bad.