1. Lordaeron best spec

Title. What is the best/popular spec for T7 content?

2. Up to T9 (including T9 itself) Destruction > ALL!

3. I guess we are talking about PVE and I would say that there is no significant difference from DPS perspective between the 3 specs in this content.
    Try every spec and see which one is more fun for you.

4. Affliction beats all by far for current pve content imo

5. Imp mana regen bug lowers destruction's potential by a lot. Demonology has been performing well for me, but I haven't tried affliction yet. And probably won't, because demo is more in demand.

6. Affliction requires gear to be effective, which is just not available yet, so I can't see how that can be best.

Destruction is fine on low gear and actually a very solid choice, if not the best.

Demonology has never been about the DPS, so if you want to play that spec and buff the raid with Demonic Pact, then just go ahead and roll it. It depends on what your guild wants.

And we reach the current best for the content, which is the Demo/Destro hybrid. Right now and until Ulduar this spec beats the rest and also helps a lot in progression because of the huge damage spike on Decimation phase.

7. And we reach the current best for the content, which is the Demo/Destro hybrid. Right now and until Ulduar this spec beats the rest and also helps a lot in progression because of the huge damage spike on Decimation phase.
    I'll give this spec a try. Btw what glyphs are you using with that ? Life tap, conflagrate and quick decay ? Or incinerate instead ?

And for the "priorities" :
    Keep Immolate and Corruption on target
    Conflagrate when up
    Incinerate as filler
    Soul Fire under 35% while continuing to refresh Corruption for Molten Core procs

That's it ?

8. Add to refresh Immolate on the target even when the boss is under 35% for the Devious Minds procs!

9. Well we are at the T7-step on Lordaeron so no need to refresh Immolate then ^^

What are the best glyphs for this spec ?

10. How many ppl who post there answers actually play on Lordaeron and raid Naxx? Those who do will know that Affliction is the best spec right now and is a top 3 dps if not 1st (with Rogues and FDK). It does NOT require end game gear (ToC/ICC) to be competitive. Play with good Affli locks on Lordaeron and ull see.

One Demo is pretty much a must for 25 raid comp due to insane spell power buff but other warlocks should play Affli/Destro/Hybrid spec.
    Edited: February 23, 2016

11. I do, and I can confirm that. But I would like to add, that everyone who keeps saying that Demo is just a support: wait until you find a skilled one.
    A decent affliction lock will beat him for sure, but you can easily outdps mediocre players with just a "support spec".

12. How many ppl who post there answers actually play on Lordaeron and raid Naxx? Those who do will know that Affliction is the best spec right now and is a top 3 dps if not 1st (with Rogues and FDK). It does NOT require end game gear (ToC/ICC) to be competitive. Play with good Affli locks on Lordaeron and ull see.

One Demo is pretty much a must for 25 raid comp due to insane spell power buff but other warlocks should play Affli/Destro/Hybrid spec.
    I must admit that i'm actually affliction and often top 1st on Naxx but wanted to test that "hybrid" spec if it works better.

Affliction works very fine even with low gear and continue to empower with better gear, it scales really well. I'll stay affli then :)

13. I do, and I can confirm that. But I would like to add, that everyone who keeps saying that Demo is just a support: wait until you find a skilled one.
    A decent affliction lock will beat him for sure, but you can easily outdps mediocre players with just a "support spec".
    I was the best Demo Lock on Horde side Ragnaros from ICC's release until ICC Hc was enabled. Demo is a support spec. So you can reach 18k DPS and end up being in Top5 DPSers on DBS? Cool. Nobody cares, because the rest of the time you were doing 14k and the boss didn't go down faster because of your personal DPS. Was I able to out-DPS mediocre players? Yes. And such players were not a part of my guild. Demonology is the lowest of the 4 specs for warlocks in terms of pure DPS. If you're out-DPSing non-Demo warlocks with same/higher gear or other DPSers with same/higher gear, then they just suck - that's all.

Claiming that Affliction is the best spec for this content with the available Haste and SP is just hilarious. But to be completely honest, I totally expected all players, not just warlocks, to suck at early-game specs and stick to the end-game ones, claiming they're the clear-cut winners. Warriors rolling Fury, instead of Arms. Rogues rolling Combat, instead of Assa. Mages rolling Fire, instead of Arcane. Hunters rolling MM, instead of Survival. These are just a few examples of how clueless players generally are. Do you know why Frost DKs are so successful now? Because Threat of Thassarian wasn't added before ToC, so it outscales Blood and Unholy significantly, and because Unholy and Blood are bugged on the old realms, so every DPS DK there played Frost... When was the last time you saw a PvE Destruction Warlock raiding on the old realms? That's why you also don't see them on Loraderon. Because the majority of the players are bad.
    Edited: February 23, 2016

14. I was the best Demo Lock on Horde side Ragnaros from ICC's release until ICC Hc was enabled. Demo is a support spec. So you can reach 18k DPS and end up being in Top5 DPSers on DBS? Cool. Nobody cares, because the rest of the time you were doing 14k and the boss didn't go down faster because of your personal DPS. Was I able to out-DPS mediocre players? Yes. And such players were not a part of my guild. Demonology is the lowest of the 4 specs for warlocks in terms of pure DPS. If you're out-DPSing non-Demo warlocks with same/higher gear or other DPSers with same/higher gear, then they just suck - that's all.

Claiming that Affliction is the best spec for this content with the available Haste and SP is just hilarious. But to be completely honest, I totally expected all players, not just warlocks, to suck at early-game specs and stick to the end-game ones, claiming they're the clear-cut winners. Warriors rolling Fury, instead of Arms. Rogues rolling Combat, instead of Assa. Mages rolling Fire, instead of Arcane. Hunters rolling MM, instead of Survival. These are just a few examples of how clueless players generally are. Do you know why Frost DKs are so successful now? Because Threat of Thassarian wasn't added before ToC, so it outscales Blood and Unholy significantly, and because Unholy and Blood are bugged on the old realms, so every DPS DK there played Frost... When was the last time you saw a PvE Destruction Warlock raiding on the old realms? That's why you also don't see them on Loraderon. Because the majority of the players are bad.
    I didn't claim that affli is the best spec, I just agreed with the guy that you can do decent dps with that one. And you are right: the hybrid lock is also viable (and I used to play with that spec on a similar server a lot).

In fact I wouldn't claim anything without proper measurements and experiments and since we don't have that information (buffed raids, 3.3.5 talents with 3.0 gear) all you can do is compare the specs based on your experience and make small (or not that small) adjusments in the old guides. But even if you use crazy theorycrafting and simulate every situation with these modified parameters to maximize your dps... in my opinion you should choose the spec which is the most fun for you and suits your playing style.

@'everyone': Please share your experience and don't just say that <x> spec sux and <y> is much better.
    Show us some information, data, logs or any proof, so everyone reading this topic can learn from that.

12 Last