1. Checking if everything is how it should be

Hello everyone. I'm a new guy and I just downloaded Wrath of the Lich King (NOT old) and when I logged into the game it needed to download a patch. Okay one small patch won't hurt, but then it turned into the old Cata patcher and then opened battle.net app to go on and dl aditional 30 gigs (as I'm writing this). So I just want to make sure if it goes like this or if something got screwed.

~Thanks for the help c:

2. Did you download your launcher from our site? I would highly recommend it if you didn't. Make sure your realmlist is set correctly and that you log in with your username and password instead of email.

3. Hello everyone. I'm a new guy and I just downloaded Wrath of the Lich King (NOT old) and when I logged into the game it needed to download a patch. Okay one small patch won't hurt, but then it turned into the old Cata patcher and then opened battle.net app to go on and dl aditional 30 gigs (as I'm writing this). So I just want to make sure if it goes like this or if something got screwed.

~Thanks for the help c:
    that problem is because you have to log-in by using your Warmane AccountName, not Email address.
    so be sure your WoW is still 3.3.5 otherwise you have to re-download it

4. Yeah, I downloaded from this site and when I opened the file there was nothing in the files, seriously, nothing. In the main folder there were some .dll files, launchers and a few other things, but in the WTF, Data and other folders there was nothing. I just checked my original WoW folder and I just found out that the two overwrote eachother. And that's why it started downloading WoD as if I was installing the original game. (Note that I'm not using the same e-mail for my original WoW and this one.

5. Heh, I guess I do need to de-install everything.
    Edited: February 11, 2016

6. Heh, I guess I need to de-install everything.
    yes, delete everything and re-download it.
    Next time be sure to log-in by using your Warmane AccountName, not Email address otherwise you will have this same problem

7. Thanks for the quick responses and info c: