1. Lag with 11k players?

Anyone else lagging badly today? 33 ms here,but me and whole squat are lagging alot

2. Anyone else lagging badly today? 33 ms here,but me and whole squat are lagging alot
    Have not noticed any diffrence since 6k population to 11k population. No lag for me atleast... maybe I am lucky :O

3. There is a difference for me from the 10k to 11k, but nowhere near enough to justify NOT having 11k. Its really minimal and most times isn't noticeable, not even pvp-wise, it just that "feeling" thats hard to pinpoint, but still works nontheless.

4. I noticed some delay when I tried doing Arena tonight, was horrible, especially since I'm Feral, but both me and my friend Enhance Shaman weren't able to hit people, never in "range". So we just stopped, but yeah, everything felt weird.

5. It's very noticeable in arena, completely different from 10 or 9k. Guess we will just have to play later at night...

6. It's very noticeable in arena, completely different from 10 or 9k. Guess we will just have to play later at night...
    Weren't you all saying the exact same thing when the cap was 10k?

7. Weren't you all saying the exact same thing when the cap was 10k?
    They were.

I'll go the opposite way and say that while there's noticeably more delay when the server is full and queued up, there's less so now then there was when the cap was bumped up to 10k. It's stellar otherwise, and easily manageable when at the cap.

/clap to the people who made this possible, tbh.

8. There is a difference for me from the 10k to 11k, but nowhere near enough to justify NOT having 11k. Its really minimal and most times isn't noticeable, not even pvp-wise, it just that "feeling" thats hard to pinpoint, but still works nontheless.
    I disagree, my raid team of 10 players from all over the world was commenting on lag and when we're talking things like hard modes and arena every millisecond counts.

I noticed some delay when I tried doing Arena tonight, was horrible, especially since I'm Feral, but both me and my friend Enhance Shaman weren't able to hit people, never in "range". So we just stopped, but yeah, everything felt weird.
    I also played arena during the peak and my warrior was complaining of being unable to hit anything due to the target being out of range, so I can validate this.

They were.

I'll go the opposite way and say that while there's noticeably more delay when the server is full and queued up, there's less so now then there was when the cap was bumped up to 10k. It's stellar otherwise, and easily manageable when at the cap.

/clap to the people who made this possible, tbh.
    As I recall the lag from 9k to 10k was more severe, but their is still some work to be done, great job thus far Warmane.

9. Lag is killing PvP on Lordaeron. Myslef already stopped playing here, cause playing as a feral and enha, it is impossible to hit anything that moves (talking bout players, not npc's), constant out of range spam. Was like that since 9k+. Having such a big cap is kinda bullsheet to me.
    Having stable 30-40ms all the time, tho it is server side. Inscrasing and inscrrasing cap wont make this server any better. Sadly pvp* suffers thanks to this.
    *arenas mostly.

10. Lag is killing PvP on Lordaeron. Myslef already stopped playing here, cause playing as a feral and enha, it is impossible to hit anything that moves (talking bout players, not npc's), constant out of range spam. Was like that since 9k+. Having such a big cap is kinda bullsheet to me.
    Having stable 30-40ms all the time, tho it is server side. Inscrasing and inscrrasing cap wont make this server any better. Sadly pvp* suffers thanks to this.
    *arenas mostly.
    Don't increase the cap to keep lag lower, people complain that the queue is too big.
    Increase the cap to decrease the queue size, people complain there is lag.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

You don't play here anymore? Ok, then just stop.

11. Don't increase the cap to keep lag lower, people complain that the queue is too big.
    Increase the cap to decrease the queue size, people complain there is lag.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

You don't play here anymore? Ok, then just stop.
    Will this new cap delay the release of winergrasp ?

12. This is exactly why i'm wary of rlly putting in time here, cos in the future it will be one of 2 things. Either play with lag and no cap or play with a cap and a queue, which both suck tbh. The worse would be if there's lag and a queue. This ain't to bash the realm, it's just the truth of the situation, becasue there's so many goddamn people that flock to Lordaeron and the population has been growing all the time. Has noone thought aobut closing those 2 dead realms and opening Lordaeron nr 2 perhaps?

13. 2 Lordaerons with x realm PvP - the dream, not sure if doable tho :-(

14. I'd take higher queue and less delay over this everyday. There are maaany ways to deal with queue, about delay - nothing we can do.
    Ask anyone from higher arena rating if it's problematic right now. During 10k cap I missed my aoe instant spell on enemy maybe once per 20 times when I saw them where they weren't due to delay. Yesterday I played some arenas and I missed at least 3 times during 10 attempts. I wouldn't say that I became that big of a noob over few days...

In all honesty, majority of people won't even notice the change. Only places where this makes a problematic difference are very few PvE encounters and arenas. Judging by how many people actually cleared Naxx or play PvP above 1500, and then considering % of people posting here, you won't see too much feedback or complains about delay. It would be completely different if you asked people ingame tho.

I totally understand the point of raising the cap and I'm all for it, but please don't let it go into quantity over quality.

15. Has noone thought aobut closing those 2 dead realms and opening Lordaeron nr 2 perhaps?
    2 Lordaerons with x realm PvP - the dream, not sure if doable tho :-(
    Yes, people have thought about that, and it's doable. So far, though, no one has stepped up to cover the costs involved, be it for the upgrade in hardware and bandwidth necessary on the first case, or for a whole new set for the second. I doubt we will be doing anything before the new core is transferred to our two other Wrath of the Lich King server and we can see how much the population will dissolve among all three.

In all honesty, majority of people won't even notice the change. Only places where this makes a problematic difference are very few PvE encounters and arenas.

(...)

I totally understand the point of raising the cap and I'm all for it, but please don't let it go into quantity over quality.
    It's not "quantity over quality," but "the need of the many over the need of the few." With hundreds of people in queue set against how many actually will feel an experience worsened enough to ruin their game play, what should be the choice?

12 Last