1. How to make the jump from fresh 80 to raiding?

I'm new to the server. Just hit 80. I have noticed that pretty much all the raiding guilds are recruiting primarily for IceCrown. And little-to-no guilds are "recruiting for Naxx" or "recruiting for Ulduar".

It seems like people aren't doing a lot of dungeons and heroic dungeons. But if you want to get gear that is appropriate for IceCrown, you have to go through all those steps (dungeons > heroics > Naxx > Ulduar) to get there (unless you are willing donate a bunch of money to gear yourself out).

So how are people making this jump? I see people leveling alts on the server ALL THE TIME. What are they doing once they reach 80? Where are the guilds that are recruiting for lower level raids like Naxx?

Thanks,

2. once you hit 80 all your going to be doing is daily rdf hc for the frosts, than get your gs high enough and do fos/pos farm until you have the gear to get into lower tiered icc. no one botheres with naxx/ulduar (im not even sure ulduar works). it's a pain but if you want to raid it's either that or find a guild that recruits anyone and hope to get into a gearing run.

also, do icc rep farm and get yourself the ring, and maybe some other boe drops. it helps.

3. So you can farm heroic fos/pos and go straight into IceCrown with that gear? I haven't researched that gear much but that is surprising that you could skip tier gear from Naxx and Ulduar.

4. once you hit 80 all your going to be doing is daily rdf hc for the frosts, than get your gs high enough and do fos/pos farm until you have the gear to get into lower tiered icc. no one botheres with naxx/ulduar (im not even sure ulduar works). it's a pain but if you want to raid it's either that or find a guild that recruits anyone and hope to get into a gearing run.

also, do icc rep farm and get yourself the ring, and maybe some other boe drops. it helps.
    nah once u reach 80 u go straight fo rep grinding, u wont cover all ur bad gear with rep one so u're going to craft whats left ( u will be around 4k gs after this) and only then u can go to rdf hc farm or fos/pos farm

and ye pretty much this - after fos/pos/hor were released on live no one did a single nax/ulduar run after, its pointless

5. When I'm leveling from 68-80 I only do the quests that will give me reputation as well (like Kirin Tor, Argen Crusade, Ebon Blade etc.)
    so after I hit 80, I can just buy the best rep gear without having to grind so much

Then I buy some BoE epics from the AH (ilvl 264 boots and legs, 245 wrists, some ilvl 200 offsets etc.) and I'm ready for ICC rep farms and FoS/PoS norm runs.
    And then it's just endless RDF HC grind, weekly quests and VoA.

6. I strongly recommend you instead of farming FoS and PoS, go make some gold and buy BoEs, you can get almost full set of 245+ items, including jewellery. Those items mostly are costly, depends on armor type also, but it is worth it. Not to mention that you will have to buy BoEs anyway, and you will feel that Triumph badge farming was pointless after that.
    Dont buy BoEs from AH, better check global, people tend to sell BoEs cheaper in global. Buy Battered hilt, so you will get decent weapon, trinkets are probably most problematic to get, there is one 245 ilvl for badges thats it, I dont think it is worth buying Darkmoon trinket. DO some BGs and Wintersgrasp quests to get some honor and get Wrathful belt (because there is no BoE 245+ belts as far as I know for any armor type) and other offparts, that you are missing, to boost your GS.
    Get free Warmane points everyday and eventually you could buy better weapon or trinket (weapons and trinkets are most valuable). I got from fresh character to ~5.5k gs in 2 weeks without doing ICC, get your professions and buy that gear.
    Edited: February 19, 2016

7. Get t9 with dungeon farming, buy what off-pieces you can with frosts/AH or find some Trial of the Crusader runs.. theres plenty to do before icc :)

8. You only need one reputation and that's Ashen Verdict I think. You just find ICC rep farm in global and join in. It can get boring doing it but you get best ring there.
    If you can't find ICC rep farm or after you do it go and do fos pos quest run. For this you'll have to get lucky to find group that's doing it or ask someone that's doing pos farm if they want to help you by doing fos first.
    After you get gear from fos and pos you can get gear from triumph if you weren't able to get something and at that point you can start going to TOC. By the time you get to TOC you should be in some guild and wait to get into ICC run.
    It's important to do RDF HC every day because you will need emblems of frost.
    Also once a week try to get into VOA 10 and VOA 25 because you can get gear that's bought with frosts. (Only 2 bosses are killed so don't get surprised when you do VOA for the first time)

9. Press the space bar.

10. (Only 2 bosses are killed so don't get surprised when you do VOA for the first time)
    What's the reason for that btw? Bugs?

11. Yup. The stone boss i guess is bugged since last update. If you attack the frost boss, you will aggro the stone boss and you will fight two bosses at the same time. For other bosses, it's really irrelevant as fos pos hc gear better than them.
    Edited: March 6, 2016

12. I would strongly recommend you to find some good raiding guild!

*hard to believe but in 2 days(yes ONLY TWO) from fresh 80 to 5.9 k gs*

Guild help and vote points>>>GS high!